Never Too Old to Be in Love - I
Chapter 32

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 32 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

Monday, 14-June - early evening at Sarah's Room- Robert & Sarah [Sarah]

Robert drove me back to my room. We climbed the stairs and I unlocked the door. I hadn't been back since Thursday and the place looked forlorn.

"Sorry to leave?" he asked, standing diffidently by the door, letting me assess what I wanted.

"Hardly, in the circumstances," I smiled at him. He was looking at me intently. He suddenly reminded me of those ascetic, bearded figures of the Magi adoring the infant Jesus in a fourteenth century books of hours.

"Robert, are you adoring me?"

He was silent, pensive, his face becoming closed and inward looking. Then like the sun coming out as he completed the thought, he smiled happily.

"Yes. Yes. That's exactly it. Adoring - regarding you with honour and deep affection. There is so much of you, so many parts I hardly know. I'm suddenly in awe of you. I don't quite understand what started - yes I do - you have a look of intelligent innocence. Ah! Now I know why you said 'adore'. Were you thinking of - the - at Lincoln - in the library - a Psalter? - No, a book of hours - the figures of the Magi blue and gold, rather flatly drawn except for the faces - adoring an infant Jesus - a fat awkward Jesus, but with a face of - well, innocence, but backed by a fierce intelligence and by a sadness for things that must pass away? "

"Sarah! I hardly know you! Who are you?"

He was close to me now - close enough for me to reach up and close his mouth with my lips.

"Shh! Yes - that book. You held my arm when we saw it - that was the first time you ever touched me. I looked at you and then at the book and you were so like the second Magi, I almost said so then."

"Robert. I do adore you too. There is so much to learn. But you've been in love before. You must know."

He shook his head vehemently, silencing me.

He thought again. "No. I don't think it's like that. I think that for me love is new each time. A new continent to discover. After all, the bonding, the attraction between people must work on real things, real aspects of the person. And I don't expect those bonds change quickly."

He thought again and I knew this process so well that I didn't interrupt. He did this when he was teaching, carrying us with him on his private voyage of discovery.

"If, in some cataclysm, you were destroyed and Elizabeth were restored to life, then my love for her would be exactly as it was and my grief for you would be as separate and as intense as the grief I feel for Elizabeth. Perhaps that's why promiscuous love leads to bonds that break easily. Perhaps the bonding process - the falling in love - can only generate so much variety - so much capability to regenerate the bonds. The more times you fall in love, the less the chance of an enduring bond."

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.