Never Too Old to Be in Love - I
Chapter 30

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 30 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

Lunchtime the same day - Monday, 14-June - [Susan]

Lionel came back into the office after showing Robert and Sarah out. I stood by my desk waiting for Lionel to say he'd finished, so I could start my lunch and think over the bizarre story that I'd just heard. It was hard to imagine Lionel plunging madly on penny shares, or carrying out extravagant acts of philanthropy.

I found the sight of two people in love and happy rather depressing. My recent love life had been disastrous in all respects.

I was roused from this unsatisfactory reverie by a diffident cough from Lionel.

"Susan," he said, "Fancy a spot of lunch and a talk about all that? It's left me feeling rather odd. I'd like to talk about it."

He grinned at me, suddenly looking as he must have done when he was young. "I noticed that you didn't miss much."

I was startled and suddenly felt better. But Lionel probably meant steak and kidney pudding and stout in the pub.

"We could share my sandwiches in the park," I offered, certain of a refusal and awkwardness.

He looked out of the window. "That would be nice. It's such a lovely day."

I grabbed my bag before he could change his mind.

On the pavement, Lionel held out his arm for me to take. I did so rather awkwardly. I wasn't used to men who still offered women their arms. Then he laughed and lowered his arm so my hand slid off. He took hold of my fingers as it dropped and we walked on holding hands.

"I've been playing at being a country solicitor for so long, I can't get out of the habit. Even with you."

Even with me! What has got into him?

He swung my arm and squeezed my hand as walked into the park, heading for the seats by the river.

"What did you make of that girl? Terribly young for Robert. He must be thirty years older." Lionel looked at me anxiously? What was he hinting at?

"Some women fell happier with older men, I suppose," I answered.

You can count me in that group. All the young men I've met in the last few years have been a total flop.

"And Elizabeth must have been about twenty years older than him, so he knows what the problems might be."

We were still holding hands as we reached the riverside. We sat down and I gave him a sandwich. I was wondering whether I dare eat one, or should I keep them all for him. He was used to big lunches.

"Just you eat that sandwich," he said, "I can see exactly what you were thinking. I think I've just decided to lose weight. Robert Whitehead must be six years older than me and he looks younger."

Not quite true, or are you fishing for compliments?

We ate in silence, the sun warm on my face.

"The more I think about that story, the odder it seems. There can't be a trick in it. What would be the point?"

Lionel shrugged, "No. It's all true. Love powered magic! I'm absolutely sure that neither of those papers has been tampered with. You opened Elizabeth's envelope. And yet the clue was clear enough in context. Elizabeth turned from a depressed old woman into - well, she was more like a teenager falling in love for the very first time. She rushed into my office demanding to change her will, sort out insurance for the crash, find out about Robert's wife. Oh, she knew all right. She'd been waiting for two years for 'Eric Blackfoot' and there he was, damaged and not at all what she'd expected, I'm sure of that. Completely out of her social class. They could never have met any other way. But she just set to and made it work. Magic."

"Lionel, was all that stuff true, about her stock market tips? Sounds like insider dealing to me"

"All true. I don't know how she came by her tips. She never hinted. I always felt - not quite right about it. But I got hooked. It was exciting. I stuck to her rules - gave half the profits away. I've never touched the rest. It's an embarrassment really. As you know, I make enough out of the practice, but yes - hooked"

We sat in the sunshine pursuing our own thoughts. I drifted into thinking how comfortable I felt with Lionel. It was a pity that he was such a confirmed bachelor. A rich one too, it seemed.

He suddenly startled me by speaking. He couldn't seem to get control of his voice.

After a couple of squeaky starts he managed to say, "Susan, at the risk of spoiling our friendship - will you marry me?"

I was so surprised that I couldn't speak.

He went on anxiously, "I'm asking because I've wanted to ask you for a year, but I've never dared. Then this morning made me think it might not be so daft and I love you."

"Yes."

I was still having difficulty speaking and that was all I could manage. Lionel put his arms round me and kissed me gently on the lips. Then he kissed me harder and I opened my mouth and I was sure of everything.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.