Never Too Old to Be in Love - I
Chapter 26

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 26 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

To Sarah's Home - Friday, 11-June [Sarah]

I felt smart and holiday-ish after returning to my room. Sunshine chasing away the gloomy memories of the last days I'd spent there. As I sorted out a dress, I thought suddenly that I might never sleep here again. I felt shy stripping off in front of Robert. He was sorting through my books though, not looking at me.

It as one of those weeks when May feels like June, but the world is so much fresher. Away from work on a Friday, playing hooky. Robert drove the red BMW with all the windows and the roof open.

"While I was doing my thinking this morning I also thought that we need a programme to keep us out of mischief until it's safe. Do you mind doing the family planning? Its safer if you are willing?" I nodded then nuzzled against his arm. This conversation was getting interesting.

"You dropped a hint this morning," he hinted and I blushed.

"Judith told me to go and see the doctor, so I did."

"Judith!" he exploded, struggling to keep his eyes on the road and to stare at me.

"Well I had to talk to somebody and she's my best friend," I excused myself, wishing I hadn't been so open.

"What am I going to say the next time I see her - knowing she knows?" He wailed.

"Judith will be perfectly civilised. She's rather in awe of you actually. She was very pleased about her assignment though."

He was pensive for a while, "I shall have to be very careful what I tell you about your friends. It might make things difficult if you have to remember what you're not supposed to know."

I laughed, "Things are looking up if that's the greatest worry I've got. Two days ago I'd given you up and was just about ready to..." I stopped, not wishing to pursue that thought.

Nor did Robert. "To return to your visit to the doctor," he prompted,

I checked my counting again, "Safe on Monday," I told him.

"So, we need to keep out of mischief till then, assuming I get on all right with Jim Tennant. At least I can look him in the eye and say we've never had intercourse. Not much good using euphemisms though. We've done just about everything else." He laughed, happily, suddenly gay.

He looked at me - a couple of quick glances. "I don't understand how I managed to sleep with you last night. I could never do that again. Especially when I woke up to find you stirring things up. I bolted for the bathroom and I must have stood there for five minutes, doing 'shall I, shan't I'. Oh! Sarah! How could I resist you?"

I snuggled against his arm, making the car wobble a bit.

He said, "So, today is sorted out? Stay for tea? Take you back to Polly's? Kiss you good night?"

I nodded, happy to be organised.

"Tomorrow and Sunday, we work. You could re-do your last assignment for me? I've already left a late submission approval in the registry."

"OK, I've made a start already." I suddenly felt interested in family life in Stuart times. I'd enjoy re-doing that assignment. Two days without distraction, without grief and worry. I felt good about it. "It'll take more than two days though. Can I see you, please? I need to eat. I could buy you dinner."

"And lunch. And work evenings too. I've got a mountain of an in-tray. I've let things slip. If you stay at Polly's, I could come and kiss you good-night."

"That sounds OK. I can survive. Then on Monday..."

Hint, come on...

"Mm. Monday morning, we'll go and see Barnes. Then I've got something to do in the afternoon."

Well how about making love for a start?

"Then, assuming that I've squared things with Jim, you can come over that evening to stay."

"OK." My heart sank.

How can you be so unromantic. That's my wedding night you've just pencilled in. Oh well! Maybe it's best not to get too excited. It still might not happen


And then, we were home. I seemed to have so many places to call home. And this one was one of the better ones. I was closer to Mum and Dad than I had been since I'd left to go to university. The feeling that I was growing away from them and my roots had gone. Robert had brought me back to stay. I didn't get to play snooker, but I talked to Mum as I hadn't done for ages - ever. I emptied my heart. All the fears and worries I'd never told her because I thought she wouldn't understand. And she told me about my conception and their early married life. Funny to think of them making me outside in a field edge. We arranged to go and find the very spot.

"I remember the meadow sweet and there was honeysuckle. And my bottom got nettled and I was too shy to complain. And it was all so - surprising. No one had ever told me I was going to enjoy it. Well, not just enjoy it. We couldn't keep away from each other. Oh it was lovely until I cottoned on that I was pregnant. That very first time it must have been."

Mum was silent for a bit, remembering. "Then things were a bit awkward. Your Grannie wouldn't speak to me and wouldn't come to the wedding. That did hurt. But I got used to it, happy carrying you and living with your dad. I never had any trouble. And you just popped out. You were such a little thing. I hardly felt you arrive."

She was smiling at me, remembering still. "You were always happy, smiling. Your Auntie Clare came round to see her new niece and that broke the dam. Mum came round 'just see if I was treating you right'. You smiled up at her and that was that. We made it up and she forgave me. The only thing was that there was never another one. We wanted a boy, but it never happened. I did go to a clinic, but it was all inconclusive. So you had to grow up without a brother."

Mum shed a few tears and then said "Come on, let's find your Dad. I'm hungry. Have you really taken all that money?" Mum obviously worried about the money.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.