Never Too Old to Be in Love - I
Chapter 15

Copyright© 2003 by Alison Whitehead

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 15 - Despite the difference in their ages a widower finds love with his young neighbour, Elizabeth. After his death, she in turn finds happiness with a young man, Robert, who she meets when she knocks him off his motor-bike. When she knows she is dying she grooms a replacement. But Sarah is young and there are many problems in the restrictive English university of the 1970's where he is her tutor. Will Robert and Sarah find happiness? The matter is in doubt right up to the end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   First  

Wednesday 26 May - Sarah buys a dress [Tony]

"Tony - a Miss Franklin would like to talk to you?" I wondered who had my private number. I said 'Hello' and was struggling to remember when she spoke.

"Mr Glover? Sarah Franklin. Do you remember..."

"Ah yes," the voice was familiar. "Elizabeth's little nymph. Good morning. What can I do for you?" I remembered the conversation with Robert.

"I'm panicking I'm afraid. Can you help me? I'm helping Robert - Dr Whitehead - entertain some French guests this weekend. There are two more or less formal dinners and - I can't go in jeans. I've already committed the dress I've got to a - well I want to keep it secret. I'm sorry it's such short notice, but I've only just realised."

What's going on? Helping Robert entertain. Things must have moved on apace since Monday.

I'd heard no news since the meeting with Catherine. I'd phoned Robert a few times and he'd told me he was coping - working hard. Here was an opportunity I couldn't miss - and I wanted to see the girl again - see if I'd remembered her face right since she'd come to collect the dress that Elizabeth had bought for her.

"Just wait a moment," I told her and went to ask Lisa if there were any bookings. The shop diary looked bleak. Or, remembering Robert's assessment of her inheritance - usefully vacant. She was a nice little thing. And maybe - more than maybe, probably - what? Having an affair with Robert? It seemed unlikely but I was intrigued.

"The shop diary has apparently emptied itself specially for you. We're at a loose end; the sun's shining and pretty customers are always welcome. Can you come now? Are you near?"

And she was gratefully on her way. I went into the shop, watching out for her to arrive. I smiled as she arrived, windblown and panting, looking for somewhere to park her bicycle. She shunned our frontage and left it across the road. Not at all like my usual customers. Lucky Robert, I thought. She came in at a rush, suddenly lost in the relative gloom of the shop interior. She was almost in my arms before she saw me and I couldn't resist kissing her. Her face was glowing with excitement. I took her into the office - the shop seemed a bit unsuited to her innocent energy. She sat down, Lisa brought coffee, lingering for a long, long look. Then I got Sarah to tell me about her Frenchmen. Once settled, she put her story together neatly - style modelled on Robert, perhaps - then bewailed her lack of wardrobe.

"I don't want to let Robert down," she finished, appealing.

Well, I'll do my best to make sure you don't.

"Bring your coffee," I said, getting up. "Let's see what we've got." We walked around, she admiring the displays, while I looked at her. I was pleased to see Lisa bringing in the dress I'd been thinking of. It was a wool dress in soft reds and browns that matched her colouring well. The skirt was lined so it looked full without interrupting the flow of line from the narrow waist. There was a draped collar to emphasise a slender neck and a bodice to lightly drape small breasts. I began to wonder whether I'd been imagining Sarah when I did it. It was so small that most of my customers would have needed two of it. Lisa helped her change into it. There were some shoes and a belt. The shoes were a bit big but she got the effect. I thought it looked well and she was ecstatic, loving the feel of the wool cloth under her hands and the excitement of the silk lining against her skin. Lisa and I worked round her, deciding where it needed altering. I left her to mark up and went to find some smaller shoes. There weren't any so I ordered them.

She was putting her jeans back on when I returned, shunning the changing rooms. I shook my head at her cotton knickers.

"I'll let you off with no bra - you really don't need one," I told her, " but I won't let you wear those awful pants. Go and choose some pretty ones." She came back shyly with a silk pair that matched the dress quite well.

"Are you going to wear stockings?"

"Well, I rarely do..."

"Don't worry, I was only checking. You don't need them to cover your legs and you'll be warm enough at Robert's - I intend this for your Saturday night. OK? Just remember to wipe the oil off your legs if you cycle there!" She stood, stroking her dress as it lay on the table. I looked at Lisa and she shrugged.

"Sarah," I said, thinking. "I've got lots of stuff here that would do for you on the Friday, but- if you'd like to come shopping, I think I've seen something that would be - that would please you?" I wanted to be alone with this girl for a while. She fascinated me.

Lisa looked surprised. "Well," I told her, "there's not much business here, it's a nice day and Sarah's almost family. And she's a paying customer. I think Emily has something - trousers - high waist..." Light dawned in Lisa's eyes.

"... embroidered blouse - little jacket - heels. Yes, that might do very well."

So Sarah and I set off into the town, leaving Lisa to look after the shop and Sarah's bike to look after itself. She held my hand. It was like walking with an excited child.

"Tony," a sudden nervousness. "I may not have enough money to pay you just yet. Elizabeth left me some money but I can't take it all. And Robert says I won't get it for a while. He did give me an advance but at this rate, it won't go very far. Can I ask how much that dress cost?"

I laughed, suddenly very happy for Robert. "I don't quite know - the dress is about £450 - shoes, not sure, about £75. I don't think your Friday outfit will be as much. OK?" She'd stopped walking, horrified. I turned to her.

"Now, come on. You said you didn't want to let Robert down and you won't. That dress is perfect for you, believe me. You've got the money - you've just spent about three-day's interest and I won't send you the bill till the end of next month. Elizabeth made Robert spend some money on clothes, so he'll be looking smart. Those clothes will last you a long time. She left you money so you would be able to fight for what you want. I think you want Robert?"

We were walking again. She nodded and began to cry. I held her for a moment. We were outside St Mary's, so I led her into the churchyard and we sat on the tomb of some forgotten worthy.

"I'm sorry. I'm so confused. I'm... I'm not lonely, exactly - everyone's so kind, but there's no one to - talk to about Robert. I'm so afraid at times. It's all so fragile - and well, it's not right is it? I mean Elizabeth was only buried last Friday."

"You can talk to me if you like. Robert's always been a good friend. But, I think that Elizabeth must have had a hand in all this. I know about the will -. Do you love him - seriously?" She just nodded.

"For a long time?"

She shrugged. " A year, longer."

And then she was crying again, but talking. I held her while she told the story. Almost incoherently at first, but then pulling herself together and making a coherent and dispassionate tale.

"So," I said, "you can only carry on and hope. Are you lovers?"

She shook her head. "And that's hard. We both have to be so careful. We've nearly had one disaster."

"I'm not surprised. Robert's very attractive." I looked at her. She was happy again, just because we were talking about Robert. I suddenly realised why she fascinated me.

"You're very attractive too. I can see why Robert has difficulty keeping things under control." She looked surprised.

"Oh, I know. Benjamin and I live together. It suits my business very well. Women feel safe with me and that's good for business. I've only ever loved Benjamin and never had any satisfactory sexual love with anyone else. So I don't know and I've no wish to find out. I couldn't love anyone more than Benjamin - I could only lose. Heaven knows there's temptation enough, but I would never risk it. That doesn't mean I can't understand what men find attractive in women. I spend my working life making women - and men - more attractive for each other."

She looked at me speculatively, and then changed the subject deliberately. "Elizabeth said you'd tell me about that little painting of Robert."

"Ah yes. I'm glad you've got that. I'd hate it to go somewhere it wasn't appreciated. That was the holiday we spent in Greece eight years ago. Robert and Elizabeth, Benjamin and me. They must have been married for about five years then. Robert was a very junior fellow and still coming to terms with it all. And he suddenly discovered the Classics. We spent a gorgeous summer exploring classical Greece. We sailed slowly from Thessalonika down to Crete and back to Athens. Elizabeth was chattering Greek like a native by then and made friends with that painter - Georgios - I can't remember his surname. He made a living doing miniatures for the tourists - had a wife and what seemed like a dozen kids. Happy and cheerful but wasted. The talent to do something like that, but then to spend most of your life doing hackwork for a few dollars. Like me bashing out an outfit for you by Friday!"

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.