How High a Price: Contributed Conclusions - Cover

How High a Price: Contributed Conclusions

Copyright© 2003 by the Troubador

by jimguy

Erotica Sex Story: by jimguy - The story explores the cost of adultery. As requested, several of my readers have volunteered their vision of how this story could end.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Cheating  

Early left Susan sobbing on the couch and taking his Explorer went shopping for beds to replace their marital king. Early tersely told him what he required, and then with little thought given to details he purchased the beds, leaving instructions for next day, Sunday delivery. Leaving the store, Early sat in his car and cried. The reality and uncertainty of where he and Susan were heading overwhelmed him.

Regaining his composure, Early just drove with no destination in mind. On a beautiful day like this he and Susan would often drive into the mountains and enjoy their quiet beauty. Today he was not seeing the Olympics to the west or Mt Rainier standing tall to the south.

Returning home as darkness was falling he found Susan sitting at the kitchen bar with a drink, something she rarely did outside of social occasions. The room was dark.

"Early, please let me explain" she pleaded, looking at him with tear reddened eyes.

"Susan, this is not the time. I am still too angry to listen. If I hear more lies and I am afraid I will lose my temper and do something we will both regret."

Going to their bedroom, Early gathered clothes for the next day, taking them to the guest room. Then, after showering, he went to bed. Sleep did not come easy with so many thoughts running through his mind His emotions were in turmoil, love, hate, anger and despair alternately filling him.

Susan also went to bed filled with thoughts and fears for their marriage, and of what had happened. Fear, sadness, sorrow, grief and guilt filled her thoughts. Then anger would intrude, anger that Early couldn't understand her need to thank John for his help.

Neither slept well that night and morning found Early up and showered by 6:00. His stomach reminding him he hadn't eaten since breakfast the day before he left the house to find some place to eat. He spent the day aimlessly driving, often stopping at one overlook or another to watch the shipping on Puget Sound, and even spent some time watching planes landing and taking off at SeaTac Airport.

Sunday Susan got up early, having no more sleep than the nigh before. After Early's short answer Saturday, she didn't attempt to begin a conversation. Early spent the day outside in the yard; he came inside only to make himself sandwiches for his lunch and dinner. The beds were delivered as Early had specified. Hardly a word was spoken as they silently, sharing the bedroom but apart as they had never before been in their marriage.

Monday Susan rose, showered and prepared for her day finding Early had already left for work when she came to make herself breakfast. Driving in so many things kept going through her mind, Early, John Strickland, Mr. Jensen's comments about a partnership. The drive to the office gave her time to put her marriage problems out of her mind and focus on her work.

Arriving at office Susan said her usual pleasant, "Good morning," to Jennifer, her secretary and friend. Jennifer's greeting seemed off, cool in fact, but Susan thought it was no more than Monday morning blues.

Susan was busy finishing a few loose ends on the Melrose account when Jennifer called, telling her Mr. Jensen would like to see her in his office. Smiling as she put the phone down, Susan knew this was going to be her official notice of promotion to a partnership.

All thoughts of her personal problems out of her mind, Susan proudly walked to Mr. Jensen's office. His secretary hardly looked up as she told Susan to go right in, that she was expected. Another cool greeting from a lady Susan knew well.

Mr. Jensen rose as Susan entered and asked her to take the chair in front of his desk, not the usual informal arm chairs. A fleeting feeling of trouble crossed Susan's mind as she sat.

Remaining standing, Mr. Jensen looked at Susan with a sad face. "Susan, I know I made some comments about you becoming a partner in our firm last week. I am sorry to say, however that certain things have come to my attention that makes that impossible at this time."

Pacing slowly behind his desk, Mr. Jensen paused to gather his thoughts, something he rarely had to do.

"What you do in your private life is your business but when you make use of our receptionist to lie to your husband while you are having an affair with another member of this firm it becomes Partnership business."

Susan's face went ashen. "Mr. Jensen, I asked her to simply say I was busy," she stammered.

"Busy? As a lawyer you know better than that. You were out of the office for 2 days, you didn't tell her to let your clients know that? There is no need to answer, news travels fast around the office. I know where and who you were busy with."

"As a result of your indiscretions I feel a partnership at this time is out of the question. You may continue in your current position. We appreciate your work and don't want to lose you if you chose to stay. That will be all," and he turned to look out the window.

Susan sat stunned for a moment then jumped out of the chair and ran from the office in tears. Mr. Jensen's secretary didn't look up as she passed.

Returning to her office, Jennifer looked up from her desk at Susan's tear streaked face. As much as she wanted to take Susan in her arms and comfort her, Jennifer couldn't bring herself to do it. Already knowing what had happened in Mr. Jensen's office, and why. She and her husband had been friends socially with Susan and Early, she couldn't overcome her disappointment in the affair. She had felt herself drawn to John Stickner herself, but she believed love for her husband prevented anything other than day dreams.

Sitting at her desk Susan sobbed into her arms, tears puddling on her desk. She found herself wondering if her whole life were over. Half an hour passed before she could compose herself enough to tell Jennifer she was leaving for the day.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.