Lurking in the Shadows - Cover

Lurking in the Shadows

Copyright© 2003 by Aeralyndal

Chapter 29

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 29 - This is a story that is set in the ShadowRun realm, it is NOT sexually explicit however there is a little sex in it.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Science Fiction  

Dressed as repairmen Smokey and I pulled into the basement of the Seattle Sheraton about nine thirty on Thursday. We were shown to the main comm junction where we set out our tools, testers and boards. After the security guard locked us into the room we both plugged into our Decks and made our run. We skated into Togiwara using the back door, slid into the R&D datastore and using Nogumi's Password she started to pull up and copy files. First we grabbed the three Military files and then moved to others we had noted that might be valuable. She had just completed the ninth file when the Ice became suspicious. Even though we were using Nogumi's password we were there too long. When it moved in to check on us I brought up my tomahawk and threw. As it looked like I could hold them off she looked into the tenth file. We were looking at only the larger files as we thought the smaller files would be projects they had just started working on and wouldn't have that much information. When the second Ice made its appearance a company Decker showed up also. We had a real fire fight going until I could get Smokey's attention and have her jack out. I then finished off the Decker. I gave him a dump and wipe which knocked him out of the system and would cause a memory loss of that period. With Smokey gone and the Decker eliminated I pulled the plug also.

After the normal delay to get our feet back on the ground we started to copy the data onto separate chips. One for each project. These we placed into a separate chip holder and cleaned up our mess, removed the flux chip we had placed there earlier to cause the problem that necessitated repairmen and banged on the door to be let out. After placing our tools back into the van we asked the guard if we could go upstairs to get something to eat before we left and he called an elevator for us.

Instead of the main level we took the elevator up to the small conference room where we were to meet the Evaluators. We passed out the chip readers and the chips for them to go through and then we moved into an adjoining room and changed into clothes we had placed there earlier. Returning to the conference room we helped ourselves to the refreshments until they were ready. Then they began to give us some estimates on the value of the chips we had.

As we thanked and paid them one of the Evaluators hung back. When the others had departed she closed the door. "Mr. Johnson, do you have a firm buyer for the information I just looked at? I have another client that would be very interested in the cybernetics that I was looking at. In fact for him it might be worth even more than I just quoted you."

"I am taking them upstairs right now to show to several clients," I answered. "They will then bid on the various chips."

"If you'll allow me, I would like to make a call. I'll get authorization from my client and I'll make you an offer on that particular chip right now. I think I can match or beat any offer you'd get upstairs."

We gave her permission and she flipped up the screen on her wristcom. It took her a couple of moments to get the right connection and then she started to talk about things that were above my knowledge and comprehension. Shortly she closed the screen and turned to me smiling.

"Would 1.7 mil get me that chip?"

"It will if you can get it to us within twenty-four hours in certified credsticks," I stated.

"I can be back in less than two hours with the necessary funds, where will I meet you to pick up the chip?"

I looked at Smokey and she nodded. "Come back to this room within two hours and someone will meet you."

She nodded and left, at which point we did also. We then took the elevator up three floors to the large conference room. When we entered all twenty-two buyers were assembled and the chip readers had been passed out. Smokey had made more copies of the chips while the Evaluators had been giving us the estimates on their value. We now had enough to pass out to each interested clients so they could see what they were bidding on. Thunder had given me the second set of chip holders when I got to the room.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I'm sorry to keep you waiting but the traffic was worse than we had anticipated. I dislike being kept waiting myself and this time I am the guilty party. For that you have my sincerest apologies. Now to business. Here are the chips we discussed. Read them over and we will see if we can do some business."

It took them about forty-five minutes to go through the chips, make their estimates of what the information was worth to them and compose themselves for the bidding. While waiting for the last ones to finish the others walked around, partook of some refreshments and used the facilities.

When they were all through reading, had refreshed themselves and were ready I called for the bidding to start. "I am going to hold the Military items until last for a reason that I will disclose later. Right now we have some other items to dispose of. Who will start the bidding on the first item, the Bionetics Cerebral Booster?"

When the bidding was completed on everything except the Military projects I excused the other bidders. "What is coming up now is a little more private than the other matters. You know the terms of the sales, several of you have made purchases from us before. If you have utilized the facilities of the Hotel as last time then you may pick up your purchases when you present the certified credsticks to those waiting for you in room 1019. They will be there for the next two hours and then will be there again at noon tomorrow."

When all of the other bidders had departed I gave the chips and the final bids to Thunder who took them and several of his men down to the small conference room we had used. I then turned back to the five Military people and said, "Gentlemen we have two items of business to discuss. First are the chips that you have been looking at. The second will be discussed at the conclusion of the first. Shall we begin?"

The bidding was rather furious on two of the items, the third was something that would be useful but not that necessary. It was several steps forward on existing equipment but still not something that would be a life or death matter to the soldier in the field if he/she didn't have it. When all of the bidding was completed I brought forth the other chip holders.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.