Barbara - Cover

Barbara

Copyright© By Morgan, 1994 - 2014. All Rights Reserved

Chapter 25

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 25 - Continues the Ali Clifford saga. The story begins six years after the ending of Cynthia Martin. Many of the characters are continued from earlier books.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Romantic  

Bobbie and the two children were sitting at the same table when the bailiff called for them all to rise promptly on the stroke of ten. John Callaway emerged from his chambers and went to the bench, but did not take his seat. Instead he made an announcement:

"Last night there was quite an exchange of phone calls among my colleagues of the judiciary, including a rather elaborate conference call. The result of all this discussion has been a decision that, effective immediately, we are going to begin our court sessions in a slightly different manner than we have done in the past.

"All sessions of the Superior Court of the State of California will now open with a recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag."

Coming down from the bench Callaway walked in front of it and looked out over the crowd. As he expected, while Bobbie, Andy and Ken were together at the table, the rest of the children were standing in a row immediately behind them. He said, "I would now like to request Miss Susan Carlson, Miss Cynthia Cartwright, and Master Michael Morris, Junior, to please come forward!"

Looking apprehensive the three came forward and stood in front of the judge. As he fully expected, the two girls were exquisitely dressed, and Mike looked extremely handsome. He suppressed a smile when he noticed that Sue Carlson's hand was being held tightly by Mike.

Addressing the spectators Callaway said, "We are very fortunate today to have with us three children with rather extraordinary parents. Those of you who were here yesterday know all about it, but for the benefit of the newcomers, I would like to introduce these young people to you."

He asked them to face the audience and he introduced each by name. Then he said, "Why did I invite these three children up here this morning? Because, you see, the fathers of each of these children has been awarded the Medal of Honor, the highest award for valor in combat our country can bestow. In the case of Susan Carlson, her father, Kenneth, has been awarded two!

"I think it only appropriate, therefore, to ask these children to lead us in the recitation of the Pledge to the flag their fathers fought for so bravely and so well. Following the recitation, I am going to ask all of Mrs. Conroy's students to come up here and join in singing our National Anthem. While this is not an ordinary part of our new procedure — most of us can't sing — I know that these children can sing, and they sing beautifully." Looking down from the bench he asked, "Kids, are you ready?"

Tears came to the corners of his eyes as he watched the small children wheel to face the flag in the corner of the court and, standing at strict attention, place their hands over their hearts. Then in unison in voices that carried to the farthest corner they began, "I pledge allegiance to the flag..." To his pleasure, Callaway could hear the voices of what sounded to be everyone in the room pick up, " ... of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands: one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Then the remaining students joined with Bobbie standing behind them. They began, "O say can you see..." Callaway was amazed again at the incredible beauty of their singing and the fervor they put into the words. Many of the spectators joined in, although not nearly as many as had recited. Finishing the first verse the children swung immediately into the fourth. Now they were the only ones singing — no one else knew the words.

When they finished he said, "Could I have a round of applause for a beautiful, heartfelt recitation and lovely singing. Most impressive to me personally, though, is the sense that, to these children, neither the Pledge nor The National Anthem are merely words. They are words that these children know and believe in. Would that there were more of us that did!"

The spectators cheered as, blushing, the children returned to their places and sat down.

After returning to the bench and calling the court to order he asked if there were any last comments before he announced his decision. Roberta Kramer rose from her seat and said that the State would like to call one witness: Barbara Conroy. Callaway was surprised at the move, but agreed.

Bobbie was surprised as well but rose from her seat, was sworn and took her seat in the witness box. After stating her name to the clerk, she waited attentively for the first question. Now sitting on the raised platform, she had a good view of the courtroom for the first time. She noted that, first, every seat was taken, and second, the back of the room and side aisles were thronged with what appeared to be news reporters and other media people.

Kramer began her questioning with a series regarding the business practices of the little school, including paying bills and writing checks. Bobbie had no idea where she was going or what point Kramer was trying to make, but she answered the questions. She said that to the extent there were any business matters, she took care of them personally.

Hearing the answer she was waiting for, Kramer pounced. "Mrs. Conroy, do you know you are guilty of criminal behavior? You are, you know. And did you also know criminals cannot teach? They cannot! Mrs. Conroy, I am delighted to tell you that you're through and the school is closed. That's the end of it!"

Seething with scarcely-suppressed rage Bobbie asked as calmly as she could, "Would you kindly explain how you came to that remarkable conclusion?"

"You failed to pay withholding taxes on your salary, Mrs. Conroy! You did not pay the school's portion of the taxes, either. Mrs. Conroy, that is criminal behavior! You're finished!" Kramer triumphantly returned to her table and sat down.

At that point Sandy Benson jumped to her feet and came forward. Bobbie was still sitting in the witness chair at a total loss with respect to what to do next.

Standing before the judge Sandy said, "Your honor, the state has accused Barbara Conroy of criminal conduct. Under the circumstances, it appears that she needs professional representation and I would like to appear on her behalf, if I may?"

"Miss Harris," Callaway said using Sandy's professional name, "I think that would be a fine idea. And from personal knowledge I can only say that you are the finest, most highly-qualified lawyer in the state of California to do it."

"Thank you, Your Honor, for your very kind words," Sandy replied.

Then to Bobbie she asked, "Bobbie, may I be your lawyer? Please?" Bobbie was so upset all she could do was to nod vigorously.

"I have some questions of the witness on cross-examination, Your Honor," Sandy continued.

Callaway just nodded.

"Bobbie, how much are you paid as the teacher of these children?" she asked softly.

"I am the highest-paid teacher alive in the world today, Sandy," Bobbie replied, proudly sitting up straight in her chair. "No one receives more than I do!"

"What is your compensation?" Sandy asked softly, yet in a voice that carried to the corners of the room.

"I have ten of the best, the most wonderful students in the world. Every morning, when I enter the classroom I see children who are alert, intelligent, totally prepared and so eager to learn, it causes my heart to flip! I have a group of students who individually and collectively I adore! I have students who like me..."

Looking the expressions of utter shock on the faces of the children she shook her head and corrected it: "Who love me!"

Looking at Sandy she continued, "You were here yesterday, Sandy. What is it worth to hear Casey Jackson citing Benjamin Franklin in the Continental Congress in 1776? (And doing so perfectly, I might add.) What is it worth to hear Susan Carlson brilliantly compare our founding with the French Revolution? Sandy, it is priceless! It is utterly priceless! I am the highest-paid teacher in the world," she repeated proudly.

"How much are you paid in money?" Sandy asked quietly.

"Money? What money? What on earth would I want money for?" She looked at Sandy and shook her head. "Sandy, you know me better than that. As a matter of fact, I have a bone to pick with Aunt Ali!"

Looking at Sandy she grinned and added, "Would you believe it? I got a call from my mother last night and it seems that she and Dad worked out some dumb merger deal or other with Bill and Ali. Anyway, somehow Ali is now my mother's sister and Bill is now my father's brother, so now she's my aunt and he's my uncle."

Then she grinned and added, "Isn't that neat? I think that might make Andy and Ken my nephew and niece, but I'm not really sure.

"Anyway, the reason I'm teed off at Aunt Ali is that she's been shooting off her big mouth to Mom. Now she is doing to me what Ali's been doing with her sons and daughters for years: Every few weeks she'll wire in another ten or twenty million dollars to my bank account. Sandy, it's very frustrating — particularly when I'm only nineteen and don't handle big numbers very well."

"Why is it frustrating?" Sandy inquired.

"Oh, I guess it's not really — particularly now that I forget about trying to balance my checkbook. Now all I do when the statement comes is to look at the final balance. If the number has eight digits in front of the decimal and its first numeral is a five or larger, I just throw it away." She grinned at Sandy and concluded, "I withdraw my comment."

"Bobbie, how much money are you paid to teach the school?" Sandy repeated.

Looking puzzled, Bobbie replied, "Sandy, I already answered your question: nothing. I'm not paid a penny." Then she grinned, "Isn't that neat!"

"It sure is!" Sandy agreed. Then turning to Kramer she asked, "Since you are our resident expert, Ms. Kramer, what is the correct withholding on compensation of zero dollars?"

"Before answering that question, Your Honor, I would like to ask the witness a few more questions in redirect," Kramer replied.

The judge just nodded so Sandy moved aside and took the chair at the table where Bobbie had been sitting.

Looking at Bobbie, Kramer asked, "Let me go over a couple of points. I'm confused. First, what are you paid as the teacher of these children?"

"I already answered the question once, Ms. Kramer, but I guess we have already established that you're a slow learner. I am the highest-paid teacher in the world. Let me show you what I mean."

Turning to where the children were sitting she asked them to come forward and stand by the judge's bench in two rows. When they did and were looking at her expectantly, Bobbie continued, "That is my compensation. Just look at them! Never in history has a teacher had students as wonderful as mine.

"Have you ever seen such eagerness? Have you ever seen children whose appearance and behavior so reflect the work of loving and attentive parents? Parents with deep values — belief in God and our country — that they have worked so hard to instill?

"It is so incredibly wonderful! It begins with two wonderful people who love each other passionately and deeply who merge their bodies to create a new life. It continues with the woman bursting with joy as she feels the tiny new life ripening in her body. Following the birth, there is the nursing and nurturing of the infant, training the tiny child to walk, to talk, and then to read. At the earliest age, the child is taught to love and serve God!

"Then after years of selfless work to mold and shape the child, the finished product — a beautiful six-year-old — is delivered to me! Can you imagine? I am entrusted with not just one. I am given ten at one time!

"Look at them, Ms. Kramer. Just look!" Bobbie demanded. "These children are mine! They are given to me to educate and develop, building on the foundations their parents created. Every day I come in and see these shining faces. Has any teacher in history ever had such a remarkable group of young people to work with? I don't think so. They give me such incredible joy!

"Kramer, how do you suppose I felt yesterday afternoon? I was hearing from my students a depth of understanding of what we have been doing. I can't tell you how wonderful I felt. And do you know what? They do it for me! Honest to God they do.

"You know, one thing has been troubling me. How do these children achieve at the levels they do? As we both found out yesterday, their achievement is remarkable. Well," Bobbie said, with the warmest smile anyone had ever seen, "I think I know. It was a comment Millie Flaherty made yesterday about the Holy Spirit.

"As I reflected on it, I realized that she was exactly correct. It comes back to the children and their families, though. They are so pure and loving and full of Divine grace that when we ask God for his support and guidance, He hears us! He really does.

"And He sends down the Holy Spirit to work among us. I need not tell you about the infinite powers of Almighty God, the Creator of the whole universe. God does rain his blessings down on these children! No wonder they accomplish what they do. With the direct help of Almighty God, it's easy.

"But back to compensation. These children — the utterly magnificent creatures that they are — are my compensation, Ms. Kramer, and I am rich! I have the love of not just one child. I have ten!" Bobbie grinned and looked around the room. The expressions on the children's faces were ones approaching adoration: they utterly adored her.

Then she continued, "I don't stop there, though. I keep on top of the women at C&J to keep rounding those bellies to keep me provided with raw material. Since every morning the place is full of women whose tails are dragging but who have looks of ecstasy on their faces, I have to believe they are really trying their best."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.