Grim Fairy Tales
Chapter 7: The Troubles Continue

Copyright© 2001 by Knave of Hearts

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 7: The Troubles Continue - As civilization destroys itself, some people just want to find a home. Simon Woodsman is one of these people and he's prepared to do what ever it takes to make his dream a reality.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   BiSexual   Post Apocalypse   Anal Sex   Sex Toys   Slow   Violence   Military  

By September of 2024, the government was faced with numerous riots and rebellions across the country. Attempts to repair the food and power distribution were hampered by devastating terrorist actions, the most notable being the release of nerve gas in New York City's Penn Station at rush hour. While the Federal Government struggled to cope, it also had to deal with the movement of refugees as an election year issue.

Simon and Arabella continued their work with the refugees throughout the summer but their work seemed to be without end. Despite the smothering police state, small terrorist groups seemed to sprout from nowhere, striking at the cities' precarious infrastructures. The destruction of Washington D.C.'s water treatment facilities led to an outbreak of cholera in the capitol city, killing the President before it ran its course.

Vice President Patterson assumed control and quickly moved to address all of the areas that he said had contributed to the "fall of civilization as we knew it." Within hours of his swearing in, President Patterson issued Executive Order 9B, which reinforced martial law by allowing summary executions. Using overwhelming military force, the government moved into the cities and cracked down on the rampant lawlessness. The brutality of the government forces led to revolts in Chicago, Hartford, and Toledo but these were suppressed by air strikes and heavy artillery bombardments.

In the aftermath of the Chicago Revolt, the President signed the Bracken Covenants. This broad series of legislation was aimed at "social restoration" and addressed topics ranging from the nationalization of the telecommunications industry to the institution of "reeducation" facilities. By far the most publicly unpopular of these measures was a forced resettlement program.

Federally sponsored settlements, called Potter Towns after the Secretary of Housing, were created in rural areas to house those people who the authorities had deemed as not having a reason to stay in the cities. Stockbrokers and corporate lawyers used to five figure salaries and country club luncheons found themselves rubbing shoulders with convenience store clerks and farmers in rural backwoods towns like Indiantown Gap, Pennsylvania and Elk Ford, Tennessee. Needless to say, many states' had to call out their National Guard to make sure that the relocated persons stayed relocated and did not attempt to return to their city homes.

Many communities resisted becoming hosts to these towns. One of the most embarrassing incidents for the government occurred on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Virginia. Before the Troubles, the Eastern Shore was a quiet, rural place where everyone knew their neighbors and the local church was the center of community life. In previous times it had been home to farmers and watermen, people whose families had lived in the same towns for generations. These folk, called the Shoremen by their more urban cousins, were a tightly knit, church going folk. Few tourists stopped as they traveled through the Eastern Shore and life on the peninsula was largely unchanged for decades. When the Shoremen discovered that the government had planned to build a Potter Town community on the Shore, they organized and reacted quickly to stop the resettlement.

Arming themselves from local armories and state police barracks, the Shoremen took control of their territory. Obstacles were placed on the highway leading from the peninsula north to Delaware and on the bridge that connected the Eastern Shore with Norfolk to the south. The three counties that made up the Eastern Shore seceded from the rest of the state, declaring that they would rejoin the Commonwealth only after the government removed martial law. That a mere 5,000 farmers and fishermen could rebel on their very doorstep gravely embarrassed the Federal Government. The Virginia State Legislature decried the division of their fair state but little more was done beyond posting guards on the bridges to watch the Shoremen. The newspapers were not allowed to print the story of the rebellion or the reason the government couldn't quell it. A state of siege existed for almost three years.

The siege may have continued indefinitely except that Fate chose to add a new player to the scene. Robert "Bobby" Tyler, a young politician from the Valley, became interested in reconciling the Shoremen and, by consequence, advancing his reputation in preparation for the next election. He proposed and got himself appointed head of the "Eastern Shore Commission," a group formed by the Governor to solve the "Eastern Shore Problem." This group was empowered to use force if necessary but Bobby had placated the public by pursuing diplomatic means.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.