Observer - Cover

Observer

Copyright© 2001 by C. Sprite

Chapter 9: Day 20

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 9: Day 20 - Lost on a deserted backwoods road in Arkansas during a driving rainstorm, a man and woman drive on, desperately searching for some sign of human habitation where they might get directions. Little do they know that their 'directions' will take them on a long voyage of self-discovery, from which they might not return, and from which they will never be the same.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Reluctant   BiSexual   TransGender   Fiction   Science Fiction   BDSM   FemaleDom   Spanking   Sadistic   Oral Sex   Masturbation   Sex Toys  

After I arrived at the office on Monday morning, I called Mr. Jacobs secretary to ask for an appointment and she said to come right up because he was most anxious to see me. When I arrived, I was escorted in immediately. I saw that Mr. Goldfarb, the company attorney, and Mr. Blumond, the Vice-President of Sales, were both there again. Mr. Jacobs asked if I wanted something to drink, and when I said tea, he buzzed his secretary. Then he said, "You didn't stay very long in Minnesota and I haven't been able to reach Peter. I tried Saturday afternoon and found that you had left already. Did MacFarland shoot at you too?"

"No, he didn't shoot at me. He did greet me with a gun in his hands though. What I am about to tell you must remain confidential for a full week. Do I have your word on that? All of you?"

Mr. Jacobs said, "I don't like to promise things without knowing what I am promising."

"You're simply promising that what I tell you now will remain in confidence until next Monday. It is not illegal, or immoral to do so. You have my word on that."

"You left out 'unethical', Miss Swenson", Mr. Goldfarb said.

"Intentionally, Mr. Goldfarb. Is it unethical to keep silent about knowledge of unethical behavior which is in response to unethical behavior?"

"What was that?"

"If someone was treated unethically, and in order to get justice, committed an unethical, but strictly legal act, which would clear the account, is it unethical to keep silent about it."

"Well, as long as you're not a participant in the act, I think that simply having knowledge about it wouldn't be unethical."

"Then the answer to your unasked question is, 'No, keeping silent until next Monday would not be unethical'."

Mr. Jacobs said, "I'm totally lost. What are we talking about?"

"I need everybody's promise that what I tell you today will remain confidential until next Monday. Otherwise, I am obligated to keep silent about what happened in Minnesota until then."

"Miss Swenson, you're an employee of this company. You were on company business in Minnesota, and I order you to make your report now, without conditions."

I rose up from my seat. "Mr. Jacobs, I'm grateful for the opportunity that you have given me to improve my position. I will always cherish the memories of my time as an employee of McCarthy Publishing. But my word is my bond, and I will not betray a trust. It is with much regret that I tender my resignation. I shall clean out my desk and I will be out of the building within the hour. Good-bye Gentlemen." I turned to leave.

Mr. Jacobs said, "What are saying? You're quitting?"

I stopped, and turned to look at him. "No, I'm not a quitter. I'm resigning, since I will not work under such conditions as you require. I have given my word that what occurred in Minnesota will be held in strictest confidence until next Monday. Since you feel that you cannot comply with my request to give your word to the same condition, then I cannot report the events to you. Next Monday, I'll stop in and brief you, even though I shall be doing so as an outsider. Good day, gentlemen." I turned to leave again.

"Now wait a minute. Just hold on. Will you sit down, please."

I stopped and turned to look at him. I just stood there.

"All right. I promise not to reveal anything until next Monday. Satisfied? Now tell me what happened in Minnesota." Mr. Jacobs asked.

"Yes, if Mr. Goldfarb and Mr. Blumond will leave the room, I shall brief YOU on everything that occurred."

Mr. Goldfarb said, "Miss Swenson is too sharp for that ploy, Sol. Very well Miss Swenson, both Mr. Blumond and myself agree to keep the confidence as well."

I didn't say anything, I just looked at Mr. Blumond until the silence became unbearable and he cracked. "OK, I agree as well. I will keep the confidence."

Mr. Goldfarb laughed. "You should have been an attorney, Miss Swenson."

"I'm very like an attorney, Mr. Goldfarb. Words are my business too. And speaking of words, I trust all of you gentlemen will keep yours. Outside of Chuck, Peter, and myself, only you three will know of what happened in Minnesota before next Monday. I trust Peter not to say anything, and now I am trusting you. For the good of McCarthy Publishing, tell no one, not even your wives, girlfriends, or even your secretaries." I then related all the events of Minnesota, up until Chuck asked me to stay the night. There are some things that are better left unsaid.

Mr. Jacobs said, "Do you have the contract with you?"

I opened my purse and handed him the contract.

"Wonderful. I can't wait to wave this under the nose of Bill Wilson."

I looked at him reproachfully.

"Okay, okay. I won't say anything until next Monday, but then I'm going to say plenty."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.