Six-Months Turnaround
Chapter 13

© 1992, 2007, 2012 by Morgan. All rights reserved.

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 13 - He was hired for six months to turn the company around. Getting there he found more than just a company, he found a lifetime commitment and love.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Slow  

Three weeks had passed, and they were good ones for Murphy Manufacturing. As expected, two days after the visit to Kaga, Cliff received a firm order for production quantities. Quality of production was even better as the crew got used to the new system. Finally, the previous Friday they had heard that the preliminary tests on the new piston rings were very promising.

Cliff had asked for the PA system to be set up as it had been when the Kaga order was first discussed. He addressed the workers this time. "Folks, I have a letter I want you all to hear. It's from the managing director of Kaga Motors in Japan. He is writing to inform me we have been selected as the first American auto parts supplier to be designated a preferred provider for their company. He continues by saying this selection is based on a number of criteria:

"The first is product quality. The trial quantity met their specifications. The first production shipment exceeded them ... substantially. The second is timely delivery. He says they do not get as good service from their long-term suppliers in Japan. But the final criterion is attitude. Mr. Saito, general manager in Michigan, sent to company headquarters near Tokyo the scroll you people signed and sent with the first shipment. That's dedication, the very best possible attitude. He wants me to tell you that he and his fellow directors in Japan are most impressed.

"Finally, and this is the real reason for calling you all together. I am now quoting from his letter: 'Please extend our deepest appreciation to Mr. Jim Wozlowski of your company. Preliminary tests indicate the rings Mr. Wozlowski fashioned may be significantly superior to the ones we are now using. My technical people express their astonishment that Murphy Manufacturing could possibly have workers who are so good and so dedicated that they can improve on our design without even knowing the technical specifications of our engine. Nevertheless, he seems to have done so.

"'Mr. Fitzpatrick, this indicates dedication to your company's interests and to ours. This is the finest possible attitude. Needless to say, if Mr. Wozlowski's ring is adopted, Murphy Manufacturing will be the preferred worldwide supplier for them. In addition, we will, of course, pay you a royalty on all rings we use made from that design produced by any other manufacturer.'

"Folks, all Miss Donnell and I can say is, thank you. You are doing what you set out to do. Incidentally, where's Jim Wozlowski?" Jim waved his hand. "What are you standing there for, for chrissakes? Your plane for Orlando leaves in only three hours, and I hope to hell you're not going to go looking like that. As a very small expression of the company's appreciation, we have first-class tickets for you and your entire family to Florida and an all-expense paid trip to Disney World. And Jim, you'll get a significant piece of any royalties the company receives. Now get the hell out of here!"

There was a great cheer as Jim ran out to his car.

"Before you all go, there's just one more thing I wanted to say. Miss Donnell and I recognize that dedication is a two-way street. Jim demonstrated it, and we're trying to reward him for it. The same thing applies to all of you. Once again, thank you all. You're really doing the job I knew you would!"

Sandy was sitting in his office and they were drinking their coffee. "I guess the honeymoon's really over," Cliff sad sadly, "when a guy has to subsist on company coffee instead of a hearty breakfast."

Sandy glared at him while trying to hide a grin. "If you were closer I would kick you, and you know where. First, it takes a damned crane to get you out of bed, and then you sexually assault me in the kitchen while the eggs burn. Then you have the gall to complain about no breakfast. The nerve!"

Cliff tried to look innocent. "Now wait a minute! The reason it takes a crane is you sexually attack me all night long! And maybe I wouldn't assault you in the kitchen if you had more clothes on ... if you had any clothes on!"

They both grinned and Sandy stuck out her tongue at him. He changed the subject. "How do you feel about coming down to Charlotte with me? There are some bankers down there to see, and I know JL and his boys would love to see you, too. This is the second big bet. What do you think about the prospects for our renovated auto parts business?"

"I have my fingers crossed," she replied. "But I would love to, even though Charlotte can get pretty hot this time of year. Do you want me to make plans to come with you?"

"I sure do! We might as well both be hot. Sandy, this is a stupid question, I know, but do you play golf?"

"I thought you would never ask! Yes, I play golf. And God knows, it took you long enough to get around to it." She grinned and added, "Are you thinking of taking up an outdoor sport? I thought you were ... Never mind what I thought you were. But why do you ask?"

"Because they take their golf seriously down there, and JL asked me to bring my clubs. Do you have any to bring? If not, we can always rent you some."

"Yes, smarty, I have clubs. I also have a handicap. I will also beat the pants off you. Want to bet?"

"Sure, I'll bet. What's your handicap, by the way?"

"I'll tell you when we play. I don't want to frighten you off too soon."

They caught a United flight to Charlotte and were met by JL at the airport. Jeff Stover was right. This was a big risk. In the planning session JL Wilson and his people sounded like they knew the business and knew their market. Everyone would soon know if they really did. With the Kaga business, Murphy was out of the tank. But if the Southern Stores project really bombed, they would be right back in it again. They went to claim their baggage and JL was surprised that there were two golf bags.

"Sandy Donnell, you've been holding out on me again!" JL said, "I never knew you played golf."

"Come on, JL!" she replied with a grin. "A girl's got to have some secrets."

They went to the hotel, checked in, and then went out to one of the renovated auto parts stores. It was a unit Cliff had seen on his first visit but now he didn't recognize it. The lighting had been vastly improved, and was very effective after dark, giving the store a bright, attractive appearance. JL told them they had extended the hours of operation and were using numbers of permanent part-time people to handle it. They walked in and were surprised at the weekday evening activity.

"How long has this place been reopened?" Cliff asked.

"We re-opened ten days ago," JL replied. "It sure looks good to me. How does it look to you?"

"It looks like you're doing a land-office business. Sandy, what do you think?"

"Hell," she said, "I'm only the treasurer. What do I know? JL, how are the numbers? Or do you know yet?"

"Ma'am, they are just great! One of Kevin O'Rourke's guys was down and set up our accounting system on one of those personal computers. It works great! We're running 300 percent of last year. How does that sound?"

"That sounds great to me," Sandy replied, "but as I said, I'm only the treasurer. What do you think, Cliff?"

"Any time sales increase by a factor of three, I'm in favor." he replied. "What do we do now?"

"How would you like some real Carolina barbecue? It's not like anything you ever get up north. Care to try?" JL asked.

They both agreed, and JL took them to a family barbecue restaurant. JL ordered for the table. What they received was barbecued pork, not the spare ribs they had expected. There were a bunch of other dishes with it. JL was a little concerned, with Sandy present, that the place only served beer and soft drinks.

Before she had a chance to answer, Cliff spoke for her. "Sandy is a beer drinker from way back. Remember, she's from Milwaukee, the home of a whole bunch of beers and a whole bunch of beer drinkers."

They had a very pleasant evening together. JL dropped them off at the hotel, and they went up to their rooms. Then Sandy took a coin from her purse and looked at Cliff. "Heads or tails?"

"Heads," he said.

She flipped the coin, caught it, and placed it on the back of her left hand. Making sure Cliff was looking, she removed her right hand covering the coin. "It's tails. You lose."

"What did I lose?" Cliff asked.

"We sleep in my bed, not yours," she answered dryly. "Get your razor, and let's get to bed." Once in bed, Sandy molded herself to his body and fell asleep.


They spent the next day visiting other stores in varying stages of renovation. Two were complete, although they had not yet had their official "Grand Re-Opening" celebrations. Sales in all the units were going very well. When they returned to JL's office, Cliff asked him what he thought the cause was.

"Well, sir, I'll tell you. I think about 40 percent is the new merchandise assortment, 40 percent is the store renovation and improved layout, and the last 20 percent is better employee morale. They feel like they belong, not like they're a bunch of stepchildren. I'll tell you, it hasn't been like this in a long, long time."

They went over the sales reports for the entire Southern Division, store by store. Finally, Cliff looked at the other two and said, "Damn! I think it's going to work. It's really going to work! Congratulations, JL, this is even better than we hoped for. You and your people are doing a great job!"

That evening JL and his wife, Marlene, took them to a fine place for dinner and dancing. During the evening, Sandy learned that Marlene was an avid golfer. "Hey, guys!" Sandy said. "Marlene and I are taking you on in golf tomorrow. Full handicaps, of course. JL, Cliff and I have a little side bet, but Marlene and I will play you two in a $20 Nassau, okay?"

"You're on, little ladies," JL answered. He looked at his wife affectionately. "But damn! Marlene and I were counting on trimming the damnyankees again, too!"

The next morning, JL picked them up at the hotel and drove them out to his club. They had a nine o'clock tee time, and arrived at the club early. Sandy and Cliff went to the practice tee to warm up. Cliff hadn't swung a club in over a year, and was pretty sure Sandy hadn't played in months, at least. He did some limbering exercises and then started hitting balls, beginning with his very short irons.

Meanwhile, Sandy had gone to the opposite end of the practice tee. Cliff could have been a very good golfer if he played more. After taking a few shots with various clubs, he got up to his driver. He started pounding out shots that appeared to be carrying 250 yards or more. His notorious slice seemed to have disappeared.

Then he looked up and watched Sandy. It came as no surprise to him that she had a very graceful, fluid swing. At 5 feet 8 inches, she was a tall girl, and she used her height effectively. She was not as long as he was, but was far longer than any woman he had ever played with.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.