The View From the Hill at Twilight - Cover

The View From the Hill at Twilight

Copyright© 2018 by Janet Fremont

Chapter 1

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 1 - A girl with a seemingly impossible dream. Life is never what you think is mostlikely.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual  

It was again July, two years later. Emily was now fifteen and in high school. Her brother had graduated from college in May and received his commission as a second lieutenant in the army. Her whole family had gone over to the college for the ceremonies. This was only Emily’s third trip more than a hundred miles from her home, but that was still three more than many of her friends had made. There were even some of her friends’ parents who had never been more than two counties away in their lives - and the counties here about were actually quite small.

Still, it wasn’t like it had been fifty years ago when the region was really isolated. Now most families did have satellite TV and thus some idea what the rest of the world might be like, even if a lot of the programs gave a very distorted idea of the real world. It wasn’t that people didn’t know about the rest of the world. No, it was just that most had no urge to see it. Emily was an exception.

Walking around the campus in Lexington before the graduation ceremonies, Emily felt nearly overwhelmed. Not with the big campus but with emotions. The desire to go to college, to study and learn, was stronger than ever but she saw no way it might really happen. She felt excited at seeing the facilities and at the same time nearly ready to cry at the thought that she would probably never make it here.

Emily had skipped John’s tour of the football facilities and instead walked over to the engineering part of campus. She was wandering around the building, looking at the displays in the Civil Engineering Department when a man in his fifties walked by and noticed her engrossed in the exhibits. There was something about this girl, about the way she looked at the displays with such a longing, that he stopped and just watched her for several minutes. Unbidden, the image of a hungry kid looking in a bakery window came to mind. There was a definite longing in the way she examined the displays before her. Finally he went up to her and said, “Hi. Looks like you might be interested in Civil Engineering.”

Startled, Emily quickly turned around and looked at him. He didn’t look threatening or anything and besides they were in a busy public building. She managed to respond, “Yes, I think so. I don’t know an awful lot about it, though.”

He smiled at her and said, “Well, I’m Professor Branson so I’m supposed to know something about it. If you have any questions I’ll be happy to try and answer them.”

Emily was not one to pass up an opportunity and began asking a number of questions. After the first fifteen minutes he had suggested they go over to the nearby snack bar and get a coke and she had ended up spending the next two hours with him, both learning a lot and also telling him about her own situation. He had then even taken her back to his office and given her some handouts describing what courses she should be taking in high school along with a few other things. She had said she wasn’t sure her school had all the courses and he had looked thoughtful for a few seconds, then asked, “Do you have internet access?”

“We have some at home and I can get high speed at school.’

“Well, let me recommend a few websites. These have material - even short courses - you can take for free.” He wrote some ISPs on a sheet of paper. Then he stopped and looked at her. “Emily, I think you are a very serious young lady. You really want to go into this, don’t you?”

“Yes, Sir. Very definitely. I’m just not sure I can learn everything I need at school.”

“Maybe not, but, tell me, can you learn things on your own? From books or the net?”

“Yes, Sir.” Then she added, “When I can get the books.”

“Yes, I think your major problem is not learning, but getting the chance.” He again stopped for a few seconds and looked thoughtful. “I’ll make you a deal, Miss Letton. You impress me as a very bright and determined young lady. Suppose I make a list of what you should be studying each semester and either tell you where to find it or, maybe even lend you a book or something. If you really study and work at it - and can show me you have - in another couple of years if you still want, I’ll help you apply and even write a letter of recommendation for you to enter here.”

Emily could hardly believe her ears. “That would be fantastic! I can promise you I’ll really work at it.” Then a little of the excitement left her and she had to add, “Still, I don’t know how I can pay for college. My family can’t help much, I know.”

Professor Branson smiled. “Well, they do want to be paid. But there are ways. Scholarships and grants and even loans. When the time comes I can help steer you in the right direction for those also.”

She had thanked him again several times and before she left he pulled a book from a shelf in his office and handed it to her. “This is a general introduction to Civil Engineering. It will give you a better idea of just what areas you might find most interesting. Take it with you and spend some time this summer with it. You have my e-mail address so when you have questions, feel free to ask.”

Now in July, Emily was again sitting against the old maple at twilight, but this time she was making some very definite plans. She had read the book Professor Branson had given her and had asked him several questions. He had answered her and suggested some additional material. Then he had suggested she start by working a little on her math. She had taken algebra and geometry and gotten grades of A in both courses. She was supposed to take a second year of Algebra in the fall and now he suggested she go ahead and start on some trig. He gave her a web address for a free online course and Emily had just started it. She often brought homework problems up here. When the weather was good, it was a great place to work with no distractions.

She had completed the problems she had brought up with her and was now just looking out at the distant horizon while in her mind laying out some other areas in which to work. Her family certainly didn’t discourage her but they didn’t see the driving need she felt herself. After all, neither of her parents had gone beyond high school and didn’t see things the same way Emily did. Still, they would let her make up her own mind even though they had made it clear they couldn’t help pay her way. Emily understood that and told them that Professor Branson had said he would help her find funding elsewhere.

John, home for another three weeks before he went on active duty, kidded her and said that Branson was probably going to try and make her his sex slave or something. Emily was turning into a very attractive young woman. She stood five foot seven and was quite slim. In the country here most girls got enough exercise that they had well toned muscles and Emily was no exception. She had developed a very attractive figure with nicely rounded, smooth curves, and John was not kidding when he told her that men - including the professor - would really like to get her in bed.

Emily knew he was just teasing so she didn’t really resent his comments. She had always looked up to her big brother and he had always treated her quite well. They were better friends than most siblings, sharing confidences and always ready to support each other. In fact, John was one of the very few people she knew with dreams beyond the local area. For this reason, even though their dreams were different, each could relate to the other. When she thought about it, John was probably Emily’s best friend as well as her brother.

Socially, Emily was not totally without experience. With her looks she was asked out by many of the boys from her school. She had dated a number of them and over the last year had learned the pleasure of kissing and mild petting, but hadn’t really gone much further. While she had the same urges as other girls her age she had no intension of actually having sex with anyone. She knew she didn’t expect to get serious about any of the boys she knew here. None of them understood her desire for more education and to actually work as an engineer. Emily had also realized she was quite a bit smarter than any of the boys she knew and this made them seem even less acceptable as a long term interest. Still, she had learned that intelligence did not seem to be a prerequisite for kissing ability, so for the short term she had no problem dating the local boys. She had learned to relieve some of the stress with her own hands and often did so after a make out session that left her physically frustrated. She was looking forward to college for more than one reason.

Suddenly her contemplation was interrupted by a call from the path. “Hi, Sis. Thinking about what to do when the professor tries to get into your pants?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.