The Tattered Promise
Prologue

Copyright© 2018 by Sid Emmet

Erotica Sex Story: Prologue - Back in 1984 Dave met Marie at a frat party, a place she wouldn't be caught dead in. He followed her around campus until she decided to call his bluff and invite him to a punk show, a place she assumed he wouldn't be caught dead in. She was wrong. This is only a tiny part of their story.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   School   Vignettes   Exhibitionism   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Safe Sex  

Christmas had been fun, Adam thought. He loved the excitement that his niece and nephew brought to Christmas morning. Spending the day hanging out with family and helping them play with their new toys made him happy in a way that nothing else could. Even so, it was always a little bittersweet. He missed his mom especially on holidays like this. She would’ve loved being a grandmother, just like his dad loved being a grandfather.

The first sip of scotch burned. He saw his dad make the same grimace. Adam had never developed much of a taste for alcohol. Scotch was rare for both of them, although Dave had never lost the taste for beer, but seated around Bree’s beat-up kitchen table at the end of a busy Christmas day, having a glass with his dad seemed right. It was just the two of them for the moment. Bree was getting the kids in bed, and Brian was going to read them stories.

“So you and Becca broke up?” Dave asked.

“Yeah, a while back. No big deal.” Adam shrugged. “It was doomed from the start, but it was fun while it lasted.”

Dave nodded.

“Dad?” Adam said, not sure if he was ready to ask the question he’d held onto for years.

“Hmm?” Dave replied taking a sip.

“Why don’t you date? Why didn’t you find someone after mom died?” There. It was out. A question he’d never even vocalized to himself in the 20 years she’d been gone, but one that had always sat there in the back of his mind.

The silence stretched out, Dave’s tumbler making a muffled thunk as he set it down.

“I still love your mom.” He said easily without a trace of sadness.

“But ... it’s been 20 years.” Adam said quietly.

“And she still makes me happy Adam.” he said quickly at Adam’s surprise. “I know, I know. She’s gone, I know that. But I have almost 20 years of memories with her and I’ve never felt the need to fill that part of me with someone else, because it’s not empty. She’s gone from the world, but not from inside here.” He touched his chest. “Adam, I’m not pining away. She’s still my partner, in my mind. I still talk to her, tell her how you two are doing, ask her advice. And I don’t want to change that.” He paused and picked up his glass again “I mean, I still get laid if that’s what you’re asking.”

Adam gaped at him. Whatever he thought that answer was going to be, it wasn’t this. He thought his dad had been pining away all these years alone.

“I’ve got a few ... whaddaya kids call ‘em? Friends with benefits. We help each other out, companionship, sex, intimacy, whatever. But they don’t want to fall in love with me, and they know I’m not gonna fall in love with them. It works for us.”

If Adam had been surprised before, that was nothing compared to now. “Friends? Plural?” Was what he managed, although that wasn’t the question he really wanted to ask.

“Yep.” He said without a trace of smugness. “Deb and I have been fooling around for what 15 years now? Others have come and gone. Lilly seems to be fitting in nicely, I’m happy.”

Adam tried to take another sip, but it caught in his throat and he coughed.

“Want me to get you a sippy cup?” Dave grinned at him.

Adam laughed as he coughed and it took him a few moments to breath again.

“Well that is not what I expected.” Adam admitted looking down into his glass.

“I know. Neither of you ever asked.” Dave sighed. “I thought about saying something, but I couldn’t figure out a way to do it without it seeming callous or like I was bragging. I love your mother in a way I’ve never loved anyone, not even you and Bree. I don’t know why or how, just what is. And I don’t think I could ever love another like her. We never should’ve been a couple in the first place. Did I ever tell you how we met?”

Adam shook his head “Wasn’t it college or something?”

“That’s right. I was there on a football scholarship, and an arrogant dumbass. You know the type, I’m sure. Anyway, we were throwing this frat party, and Marie showed up, looking like a bat at a wedding. She was wearing all black, and had all this crazy makeup on. I found out later she came as a favor to her friend, but never wanted to be within a mile of Frat Row, much less at one of our parties.”

Adam smiled at the idea that his mom was goth in college, strangely there didn’t seem to be any photos of those years in the albums.

“Anyway, the moment I saw her I was stunned. It was like everything zeroed down to this one point, her.” Dave laughed. “I must’ve been staring, hell I know I was, because she saw me and scowled. That didn’t stop me. So she stomped over to me and got in my face. You know what her first words were?”

Adam shook his head, entranced. He’d never heard this story, oddly he’d never even considered how they had met. When he was a kid, it was a foregone conclusion, they’d been together since the beginning of time, and after she died, they almost never spoke of her directly.

Dave looked up. “You don’t have to hide Bree. This is your house for Christ’s sake.”

Bree came out from around the corner of the kitchen door, looking sheepish. “I didn’t want to interrupt.”

“Nah ... it’s good to talk about her.” Dave smiled “I can’t believe you kids don’t know this story. Want a drink?” Bree shook her head.

“What did she say Dad?” Bree asked, her voice almost childlike.

Dave smiled like he could barely contain himself.

“She stomped over to me, jabbed me with her finger and said ‘what the fuck are you looking at?’” Then he laughed.

“And me? How did big, bad Dave the football star, president of the frat respond?” He said through laughter “I stammered like a freshman and blushed and said ‘You’re beautiful.’” He laughed until tears ran down his cheeks. Adam and Bree joined him.

“Jesus. My brothers gave me so much shit for that. ‘You’re beautiful” He wheezed, trying to catch his breath.

“But Marie? She looked up at me with those big blue eyes and just blinked. I was a goner. She’d been spoiling for a fight, and I didn’t even peep. Just rolled over and showed my belly as soon as she looked at me.”

Adam and Bree sat and smiled, remembering times that it had played out exactly the same way when they were kids. Marie was a force to be reckoned with, and Dave always did whatever she wanted.

“I don’t know what it was about her.” He continued. “I couldn’t stop myself from being completely honest with her from that first moment. We’d bump into each other on campus. I made no secret that I thought she was the most beautiful, fascinating creature ever to walk the earth. I embarrassed the shit out of her early on. That’s where you get your eye-roll Bree, your mom was a master. What finally got her to stop ignoring me was Spanish.”

“I’d been working summers with your grandpa, and a lot of his crew were immigrants, so even before high school I was pretty good with Spanish. I kept taking it in college. By the time I met your mother, I was tutoring 3 days a week in the language lab.”

He took another sip, and stared into the middle distance clearly lost in memory. “She was only second year Spanish, and she’d come in for help. Midterms were coming up. Anyway, she requested a tutor, and it was my turn on the roster, so I came out and sat down. She looked up and said ‘You’ve got to be kidding me. This is a joke right?’ I just greeted her in Spanish and asked her a few questions. That convinced her. Turns out a big dumb jock, and a little goth girl could actually have a lot in common once you got past the surface. We were dating before the midterms were over and never stopped.”

Adam & Bree both had unshed tears in their eyes. Dave blinked and looked at them. “Oh, sorry...” he started as both of them shook their heads. Bree hopped up and got on his lap giving him a big hug.

“Don’t. I miss her, but I still love her too. I wish we’d talk about her more.” Adam only nodded his agreement. It hurt to feel her loss, but getting to know the woman who’d loved them and raised them was worth any pain it might cause.

“Me too.” Adam said, his voice thick.

“OK.” Dave said. “I’ve got some albums back at the house you might want to see. She made me swear not to show you until you were older. I think you qualify now.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.