Claudette - Cover

Claudette

Copyright© 2018 by radio_guy

Chapter 2: The Story

I heard steps and looked up and thought, “Wait! She was walking back to me.” “Eric, come to my apartment and then we’ll go to my parents’ house. I want you to meet them.” I smiled and thought, “Oh! Oh! Pretty Woman!”

Of course, I went with her as we walked hand in hand. Once inside, she had me sit on the sofa while she went upstairs to shower and dress. She didn’t take long but came down dressed in tailored shorts with a low heel. Her buttoned blouse had a tailored look also.

She smiled. “Eric, let’s go to your place so you can clean up and dress to coordinate.”

I smiled back at her. I don’t know if I could have a look on my face other than a smile if she were smiling at me. “That works for me, Claudette.”

We then walked to my complex and entered my lonely apartment. She sat on the sofa and said, “Clean up and dress. I’ll wait right here.” I nodded smiling. I went into my room and showered quickly. Drying off, I even shaved a second time and used after shave. I dressed similarly to her but did wear long pants. I really didn’t have a nice pair of shorts. I opened the door and walked into the living room. She was still there looking at some of the pictures on the wall as I walked in.

“Tell me who everyone is in the pictures, please.”

“This one,” pointing, “is with my parents after winning a state championship. That one is with Christine after a college game. I showed her more with my parents and some team pictures from the instructional league. “I don’t have any with my current team. I hope to have you standing with me for those and for many more in the future.”

“We’ll see. We’re headed for my home. Mom is expecting us for lunch.” She took my hand and gently pulled me toward the door. I followed willingly. We went out to my car. I had bought an Audi convertible. I wasn’t into hot cars but found that I had enjoyed it and enjoyed having the top down as well. I handed her in and she said, “You will be the first guy I’ve ever brought home to meet my parents.”

We got in and I responded, “No pressure.” She gave a nodding smile. I asked, “May I put the top down?”

“Yes, that sounds like fun.”

I followed her directions to her parents’ home and we walked in holding hands. She said, “My victim is here!”

An older woman who was obviously related to Claudette was in the kitchen. She smiled. “You seem to be bearing the strain pretty well. I’m Marie Gaines.”

“It’s good to meet you, Missus Gaines. I’m Eric Sloan.” I grinned. “I’m Claudette’s victim.”

She smiled. “You don’t look too victimized.” Claudette blushed. She grinned. “Which one of you is afraid the other will get away?”

I quickly said, “Not me. I’ll go anywhere she’ll lead me.” Claudette blushed some more.

Missus Gaines chuckled. “Lunch is ready. Please sit down while I serve it.” Claudette pointed me to a chair and I sat down as she helped her mother serve soup and sandwiches. Claudette blessed the food and we ate. It was delicious.

Missus Gaines asked, “This is normally a workday. Do you work, Eric?”

“Yes, Ma’am. I play for the Sky Sox though don’t start until Monday. This is a little off time to allow new players on the team to acclimate themselves to the community. I know that there might be a few personal appearances for the team later next week. Between those and practice, it will get busy. After the season starts, then it’s play or practice where we are located. It’s going to be difficult to go to church but I will when I can.”

“What about the majors?”

“I don’t know. Realistically, I expect to be called up. It may be this year during the season or next year in the spring. The Brewers organization has enough invested to think that timetable will be doable. I was primarily a pitcher in college also played third base. I have been moved to third and no longer pitch. I was a good pitcher but hit well enough to be an everyday position player. That has more longevity, too.

“Since I played a lot of third base, it’s been an easy transition.”

“Mom, Eric doesn’t know many people in Colorado Springs. He met me at the grocery store but took me up on my invitation to attend Bible study last night. He even brought a Bible.”

I said, “Well, it was a Bible study.” Both grinned at me and I grinned back.

We finished eating and moved to a patio to talk some more. Claudette said, “Would you like water, canned lemonade, or more coffee?”

“Whatever you’re having.” She handed me two waters and we went out the back door. The back patio was expansive and had rockers and lounges spread out. Claudette guided me to a lounge and we sat down on adjoining lounges. I lay back looking at her and taking it easy. Looking at her was an easy thing to do. After a few minutes, Claudette said, “I’ve always liked this place.”

“It is nice.”

She smiled, “I grew up in this house and have played on this patio all my life. As I have grown, I have come to appreciate its peace more and more.”

I said, “I can understand. My parents still live in the same house they had when I was born. I miss being there though there wasn’t much else other than them. I just went beyond everyone with who I went to school even college. Getting drafted and playing major league ball was always my dream and nothing ever challenged that.” I grinned at her. “Until a pretty woman came into my life.”

“Eric, don’t make this more than it is now.”

“I won’t but I’ll not make it less than it can be.”

We were quiet for a while. “Claudette, what’s your dad like?”

She grinned. “He’s a lawyer and likes sports. When he was younger, mom and I would go to his softball games. They ski every year. I have gone with them when I could.”

“Do you think he will like me? Does your mom?”

“I think he will and I can tell she does. Her daughter is still testing the water though initial indications are positive.”

“That’s good. I like to be positive around you.” She slowly reached over and took my hand. We held hands for a long comfortable time.

Suddenly, she said, “I feel you would like more.”

I sat up and faced her keeping hold of her hand. “That’s a serious statement and deserves a serious answer.” I took a breath. “Yes, I would like more. I find you beautiful, smart, and sexy even though you don’t portray yourself that way. Smart is there simply because you are. To hide your intelligence would be to deny who you are. Beautiful is there because, by any objective standard, you are that also. Your intelligence keeps you from denying it. You are also sexy.” She frowned. “I want to explain that. You don’t wear sexpot clothing but you have a great body and cover it tastefully. You are sexy. To me, it’s an attitude. I’ve seen sexy girls before and been subject to their efforts. However, you have made no effort like that. It’s a wholesome thing that is just part of you. There is a place in my heart that responds to that.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.