Misunderstandings & Judgements - Cover

Misunderstandings & Judgements

Copyright© 2018 by NikolettJay

Chapter 5

The next day began, in the same way, the previous one, Jazmin was, as usual, the first to leave for work, then followed soon after by Cecilia, leaving Elia alone in the house with Mariah. Elia, who more often than not slept a little later after her shows woke to find the little girl already there next to her sleeping, by the time she had gotten them both ready however it was already late morning. She took Mariah out again, taking some refreshments for them both she headed to Regents Park, allowing Mariah to play with some other young children who were also around. It was mid afternoon by the time she returned and Billy was there, outside waiting for her. He stayed around making a fuss over Mariah and gushing about Catherine as well as his new life and home. Elia was pleased when Cecilia finally arrived home, Billy left soon after leaving Elia to do what she needed to do before setting off to work. After it was over she was surprised on exiting the theatre to see Jazmin and Carlos waiting for her

“Sorry, we didn’t get the chance to tell you beforehand that we were coming,” Jazmin told her apologetically. “It was all a bit last minute” Carlos meanwhile gushed about the show.

“I loved it!” He exclaimed “It was lovely hearing Spanish words put in there, I loved the feel, the vibe and the positive representation of our culture. It was beautiful, I cried!”

“I’m so glad” Elia responded enthusiastically. “It’s how I felt about it when I first heard it and I’m still in love with it now!” Carlos’s bright expression turned puzzled as he looked around them.

“Alex is here, somewhere!”

“He’s sitting over on the wall over there.” Jazmin informed him pointing across the small road, Sure enough there he was.

“Why is he here?” Elia asked.

“He wanted to see the show too.” Carlos told her.

“Yeah, but why?!” Elia’s expression twisted in her confusion.

“He’s a musician!” Carlos replied with a smile. “He’s interested in anything to do with music and performance.”

“I suppose so” She admitted. However, she was still displeased with the idea of him watching and scrutinising her.

“Did you want to get something to eat?” Jazmin suggested. “We thought we might go get a quick something before heading back.”

“Well ok, I don’t want much though”

“what, are you not hungry after all that?” Laughed Carlos.

“Elie is really picky about eating when it’s too late in the evening” Jazmin informed him with a smile.

“Really!” He exclaimed in surprise. “Not me, I’m always hungry!” He proudly patted his slim stomach and grinned widely. The two girls chuckled at him, the small group then picked up some takeaway paninis and sandwiches and made their to way back to where Alexandre had parked his car. Carlos opened the front passenger side and motioned for her to get in.

“I will keep your sister company in the back.” He told her. Elia grudgingly got in next to Alexandre who was already seated and waiting. He paused before pulling away and leant across towards Elia, opening and closing her door before seeming satisfied and driving on. She sat there simmering at him for making her feel so awkward and uncomfortable. She didn’t know why he just couldn’t ask her to check her door, was communicating that difficult for him?!

To her disappointment, Alexandre remained with them as they all headed back to the girl’s apartment. She saw his gaze wander about as he seemingly scrutinised the place. Impatient to remove herself from his company It wasn’t long before she excused herself and headed to her and Jazmin’s room she heard the two men leave soon after though and Jazmin entered the room

“Are you alright?” She asked.

“Yeah, sorry about that.” Elia began. “He just winds me up so much!”

“I’m sure he doesn’t mean to.” Jazmin reassured her with a smile.

“I mean, did you see him, looking at this place like it was a dirty shack or something?”

“Can’t say I did.” She replied. “But I heard him when we stopped off for food, telling Carlos that he thought you put a lot of heart and passion into your performance.”

Elia rolled her eyes. “I think you need to work on your French.” The pair chuckled before starting to settle down for the night.

It was her mid-week two-show day and Elia woke up alone the next morning, Mariah would be with Claire, a friend who lived close by until Cecilia returned and Elia would leave for work after just after lunchtime. Jazmin and Carlos once again came to pick her up that evening, minus Alexandre much to her relief.

“You didn’t come to see the show again did you?” She teased

“No, but if I have my way we will again soon!” Was Carlos’s reply.

“Do you mind helping me Sunday?” Jazmin requested when they were once again back at their apartment and Carlos had gone. “I said I’d put on a special lunch for him and I want it to be as good as it possibly can.” Elia willingly agreed.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.