My Name Is Ed - Cover

My Name Is Ed

Copyright© 2018 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 45

I sat home all day Sunday recovering from the weekend. The Late night on Friday had played havoc with my body’s clock. I took the day on Sunday to try to recover my energy.

I did call Maurine just to check in with her. She didn’t sound as though she had any guilt feeling or even any regrets yet. I knew that might or might not change. I decided to just enjoy the moment.

“Well you have a good night,” I said. “I’m going to be out pushing worms tomorrow.”

“That sounds like so much fun,” she said.

“Yeah right, talk to nobody interesting all day,” I said.

“Sometimes I envy people who live like that. I have a feeling that I would make a great hermit,” she said.

“I doubt that, but I’m going to let you go so I can rest up for the long drive. You take care ‘Mo’,” I said with a laugh.

“You too old man,” she said, before she broke the connection.

I honestly did try to get some sleep, but my brain just wouldn’t shut down. The first thought I had was how could I get the area declared a no fly zone. I had an idea for that effort. I started right after Gerome had his Non Profit organization up and running. I would just have to get a little publicity for the Non profit, so that it had a little name recognition. Then I’d have to convince someone like Mary Beth that a quiet environment was essential for the Cranes love life. Then we could send a few comments to our representatives in the state house via twitter. I would do my best to fool the cops, but I didn’t think I’d have too trouble with that. The best I could tell the meadow had not been plowed for several years.

Gerome’s pictures clearly showed waist high evergreen shrubs of some kind. My plan called for the planting of pot plant between the existing foliage. The planning also called for the adding of a few more plants to give us some more cover. We also had to close the private road into the land. It ran several hundred feet over some land owned by Rufus. He didn’t use that land either, so I didn’t think he would even notice the additional signage. It would be in keeping with out habitat preservation effort. That shit was going to make a great cover story.

The next big question was where to get customers. I couldn’t see me growing enough pot to wholesale it. I could see a boutique business though. We could advertise it as all natural, and top quality shit. Then again I didn’t want to sell it to a bunch of high school kids, and other potheads. It had to seem like I was a harmless pusher not a real dope dealer. The reason was just in case I got picked up by the Sheriff’s deputies. I fell asleep still trying to figure it out.

I woke up with the wall clock showing 3AM. It took me a second to remember the dream. The dream was me handing a baggy filled with pot to a little old lady rolling a walker. She smiled at me as she walked away. That was it, I was going to try to market it as medical pot. I imagined that it would be difficult, but I needed to keep the plan a secret. Anybody could get a case of diarrhea of the mouth. Which could end with me doing some time in a county jail.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.