8 March 2008 - Cover

8 March 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 2

Abby couldn’t possibly wait until three in the afternoon and had everyone in the waiting room for 1:30. She sensed the nervous, uptight atmosphere of the competitors as the families found a vacant corner to wait out the time.

Brad tried to reassure Abby that she’d do great in her audition and that he would always be her number one fan. He’d hold her hand, offering words of encouragement, and gaze at the beautiful, talented woman he loved so much. Returning his smile, she put his arm around her, trying to feel more relaxed.

To pass the time, Brad joined several other guitar players for an impromptu jam session. Abby followed along with a group of competitors, clapping to the beat and singing. Though competing for the few lucky golden tickets, they all had one thing in common: wanting to be discovered and become a singing star.

Jully Black was busy interviewing various competitors, waiting for their turn to sing. Britney and Amber held up their handmade signs, proclaiming their support for Abby. She could smell Jully’s exotic perfume as she interviewed her and asked several questions.

One by one, fellow competitors left the room to sing in front of the judges. Very few returned with a big smile, waving a golden ticket to Toronto. The others cheered and applauded, hoping the same for them. Most of the girls and several boys were in tears; their dreams of singing stardom were now shattered.

A cameraman was moving around the room, recording people waiting to audition. “So much for me singing at 3 p.m.,” Abby commented at 3:30 on the wall clock. “Time seems to be going backwards for me.”

She took her hair out of its ponytail, allowing her long brunette hair to cascade below her shoulders. Brad fingered several strands, then placed his hand under her hair and onto her neck to massage it.

He leaned in, inhaling the fragrance of her hair, and kissed her. “I love you, Abby. I know you’ll do really great.”

“Thank you; I love you too.” She smiled, her hand cupping his cheek and returning his kiss. She gathered her hair in her hands and placed it in a high ponytail. Her arms pressed back, causing her breasts to push against her white top. Brad put his arm around her again, her long ponytail resting over his arm.


Finally, at 4 p.m., “Contestant 12,269, you’re on deck.” Was announced.

Abby was directed along a hallway, and the others followed. A boy walked toward them, visibly upset that he had been eliminated from the competition. She smiled as she approached the host, Ben Mulroney, standing by the blue oval Canadian Idol sign on the door. He was accompanied by a cameraman, along with lighting and sound personnel.

“Hi, I’m Ben.” He smiled, offering his hand and admiring her petite figure.

“Hi, I’m Abby Kendall.” She grinned, accepting his handshake, and admiring his handsome, square-jawed appearance.

“I see you brought your fan base with you,” he commented about the group standing close by.

“This is my boyfriend Brad, my parents, his parents, and my close friends, Britney and Amber.”

Ben said a polite hello, admiring the collective group and noting Brad with his guitar strapped over his shoulder. “Brad is going to play his guitar while I sing.”

“Where is home for you?”

“We’re from Trenton,” she answered.

“Feeling nervous, Abby?”

“I sure am!” She replied, rubbing her hands together.

“Just give the judges a reason not to put you through to the next round,” he encouraged.

“I’ll try to do my best.”


Ben was prompted by his assistant. The judges were ready for the next competitor. “Ready to make history, Abby?”

“Ready!” She exhaled.

Brad opened the door for her, and they entered. They were directed past temporary cloth-walled structures with the Idol logo to the main audition area.

Abby and Brad’s eyes widened at the scene of multiple video cameras and stage lighting. A large Canadian Idol logo adorned the wall that would be the background for the performers to sing in front of the judges. Everything was dark blue, including the temporary carpet on the floor. A nine-by-nine wooden square several inches high served as the portable stage.

The judges smiled upon seeing the next contestant enter, accompanied by her friend and his guitar. Farley Flex, Jake Gold, Sass Jordon, and Zack Werner would decide her singing future. Abby was so nervous that the names of the four judges were soon forgotten.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.