War Maidens - Cover

War Maidens

Copyright© 2018 by Lapi

Chapter 6

When he arrived, Odin was of a different mind though. At least from what he said.

“No! I forbid you to do this. Dahlia, Freya this is something I would expect Loki to try, not you two. He is a human. It is bad enough for your daughters to take a human lover now you would change him to a spirit? No, this I cannot allow!”

One might have asked the question if death was preferred over being changed into a spirit? Regan was never able to ask it of Odin though.

That probably was the wrong thing to say! No, it definitely was the wrong thing to say!

If Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, our moms and daughters were going to reset that meaning by a measure or two,

While Regan was slowly dying, other things were soon to start.

It was Freya that took the first step. “It’s a shame no more will be entering Valhalla Dahlia my dear. Whatever will ‘we’ do with all those dead bodies. Too bad ‘we’ don’t have some battle or even a war to fight.”

That would be what we would call a diversion.

Regan himself set this next move, several in-fact. Not only would there be a small battle to be victorious in but a war to wage and win. It was Diana who enumerated what needed to be done: 1. destroy those that attacked his troops, II. Wage war on the Rebels. III. Find and ‘neutralize’ the person or persons of the attack on Regan by virtue of this, we can assume it was the same person who had the mead they all drank this morning poisoned. IV. Save Regan, someway, somehow from this kind of death. VI. Find and eliminate the unknown element that brought this all about.

Ingrid voiced what seemed to now be the general consensus of the women, “Let’s do it”!

Number I was to be the easiest both to find and do. Regan’s troops that remained alive led the girls; even the moms now were being referred to as girls.

The old camp was empty now but there remained an obvious trail. All they needed to do is backtrack. Outside of Lars it was decided this action best be accomplished alone. Too much would need to be explained to too many people, human people.

The six set off to track down the attackers. From rough estimates there were between 10-15,000 of the enemy they would be facing. It seemed the odds were out of balance. If they caught up with the attackers within the bounds of the forest several approaches might be used, if not; one of two methods were preferred.

They began what was to become a tedious journey; during which there was time to discuss some important things. Important to the enemy not for them.

Military tactics answer the questions of how best to deploy and employ forces on a small scale. Some practices have not changed since the dawn of warfare: assault, ambushes, skirmishing, turning flanks, reconnaissance, creating and using obstacles and defenses, etc. Using ground to best advantage has not changed much either. Heights, rivers, swamps, passes, choke points, and natural cover, can all be used in multiple ways.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.