Convergence of Fates - Cover

Convergence of Fates

Copyright© 2018 by Iori Angel

Chapter 2

Idunn

Hidden Garden space station, Year 2456 of the Assurian calendar

- I finally spoke with her.

My gaze trailed over her body, engraving every detail in my memory. Her shoulder length blue hair with a white streak flowing over her right shoulder showed her Assurian heritage. Her toned body was covered in silvery scars, marring her otherwise perfect? Form. I smoothed them over with my hand, making them disappear. I smiled, happy of my handiwork.

My eyes glided over the highlighted damaged area of Fenicia’s body that the quantum field generator showed me. The device highlighted the young woman’s physiology and enabled me to zoom in onto any damage, infection, or other problem it detected within her. With her unique blend of races, there were several things that it detected as anomalies which were actually perfectly normal for her - it was one of the reasons it took me several weeks longer than usual to safely wake her up, I had to decide what needed to be fixed, and what was already normal. I then repaired and treated them with nanites. Once done I reinforced and optimised her nervous system, allowing for faster transmission of information to the brain - and therefore faster reflexes, while keeping them flexible enough that they could be used in her Saryan warrior form.

- I had spoken to her, but she still doubted we were family, hmm. It’s a problem; yes yes, I could have played with her memory to make her believe me. But there are some things you do not do to family, some lines you do not cross. Family, huh. It had become a strange concept to me, after all my own family kicked me out of Assurian space deeming me too “dangerous”.

To them.

My project of creating a hybrid of Saryan and Assurian blood succeeded. But the fact that I used my own genetic material caused this obsessive need to have her in my life and under my protection, but to them? She was a monster - impure ... tainted.

- Sighing mentally, I remembered how 22 years ago I was hunted by those of the house of Lyss. I had to temporarily give up the raising of Fenicia to her sperm donor, he didn’t do a good job of caring for her and my crusade against the Assurian house of Lyss went on for far too long. They paid for it, in the end; their destruction is almost complete because of me. Only the founders are left. Still, they can do damage and I suspect that my space station isn’t safe anymore. Whatever means they employ, if I can optimize Fenicia, their plans will be rent asunder.

I wish I could have been there for her when she was younger. From her memories I perceive she had it rough compared to how spoiled I was in my own childhood. Her sperm donor created this inferiority complex in her that makes her wants to outperform the best and brightest, she did well, even with her abilities sealed. Mastering her body, then her weapons. She even went as far as becoming a pilot for starships and various assault spacecraft, Fenicia obtained other minor talents, skill discs have been slotted into her bio implants. I replaced them with the ones my Dark friend from earth gave me as payment for the last job I did for her.

I need to tweak her brain to give her at least a little more processing power, maybe two percent of a quantum crystal computer? I need to run more simulations to check if her brain can take that load. Hmm, Saryan physiology is really resilient - all but indestructible even; I shouldn’t worry too much. Their muscles are the perfect mix of stamina and power, their bones are as hard as carbon steel. There is still the old mystery about the Saryan race - were they engineered or the product of nature? My opinion leans on the first hypothesis. And I don’t think tha...

Ping.

Doctor you have received a message.

“Always. Always, when I am doing something important!” I screamed.

“Show on screen.” And the computer showed me a little window with a brief message.

You have been found.

A. A.

It surprised me, really. But it shouldn’t have, I’d believed that I would be safe in an uncharted system between human space and the Shdeveri Dominion. The resources deployed to find me must have been staggering. I do not feel fear exactly, but pride that my enemies have expended so many resources to locate me. Or to say it differently, I’m flattered. I’m a little scared for Fenicia however. The operation to make her whole again must not be rushed...

“Fenicia, I guess we will have to give you the full augmentation package.”

Helena my dear Dark friend, you must have foreseen this moment huh? Precognition has always been a suspected ability of yours. I understand why you insisted, now. My hand slid over to my keyboard. I slowly inputted the special authorization code for the release of the special nanites; this will irrevocably change my prodigal daughter.

“I’m sorry, my darling daughter. It seems that I have placed another burden on your frail shoulders.”

I watched the swarm of little machine cover Fenicia entirely, entering the cavities of her body to get to work. A countdown appeared on the screen of my super computer, two days to complete the conversion. I hope that I can hold on this much, or else the cookies are going to be burned.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.