Wendy - Cover

Wendy

Copyright© 2018 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 12

This was disconcerting ... to say the least. Gravity ... that which has effected and affected me all my life was simply a figment of imagination? My imagination ... not theirs ... THEY didn’t believe and that disbelief was proven by the space between grass and feet.

Shocking!

And totally against the laws of physics ... just like bumblebees and aircraft ... and nuclear fusion was before 1900.

Of course, the laws of physics are broken nearly day. Every time they are set in stone, some damn fool comes along and breaks the stone. Like ... Dinosaurs are quadrupedal. Even if we have to break the ligaments that held up the body for “two wheel drive.”

In high school I was a victim of “mainstream thinking”

I had painted ... in oils ... a lovely landscape.

My art teacher said, “Clouds do not look like that, change it.”

All I had done was paint white puffy boobs ... Mammatus ... a precursor to thunderstorms. Mrs. Niegarth, the Art teacher, had never seen them ... therefore ... they don’t exist.

I was deleted from the rolls of art classes and had to take a correspondence class to graduate ... and let me tell you ... that didn’t suit my college aspirations.

But...

I adroitly changed the subject.

“I’ll bet Daddy would love to see this,” and squeezed the watch.

“Wendy ... you simply must s...” I took his hand and squeezed ... the watch.

“ ... Top flickering,” he said. “Oh ... isn’t that pretty.”... “Magnificent!” ... Umh ... where we?”

“Before Denver,” I said. “Daddy ... let me present The Figment of my imagination ... all,” and I had to stop and count them. “All seven of them. I don’t know their names.”

“Shouldn’t that be figments ... plural?”

“Ladies? Gentlemen? If you would be so kind... ?” And I gestured.

They resumed their singularity.

“Eww!” said Daddy.

“My thoughts, exactly,” I said. “But, wait. There’s more.”

I gestured at the incorporated.

They discorporated.

Daddy puked in the bush.

He wiped his mouth. “You could have warned me,” he said.

“What? And spoiled the effect?”

“We are seven,” said the woman, “But, more importantly, I am Seven ... the rest are geophysicists, scientists, ecologists, accountants,” Accountants was said with the disdain usually associated with the legal profession. “And lawyers.” Then ... as an afterthought, “Oh ... and an anthropologist.

“We’d like to have that watch. We’ll replace it, of course,” and they did.

With a Medana ... but not just any Medana. This one was from 2007.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.