The Cursed Man - Cover

The Cursed Man

Copyright© 2018 by Crunchy

Chapter 6

I was glad to see that this new world seemed to be an equal opportunity kind of place, but probably it was just Curse skewing the odds. The bandit leader was just my type, acting twice as tough to make up for being so dang cute. I didn’t want to have to fight the small gang of outlaws, so I took over Tasin’s mind. Not something I am overly fond of doing, but if I was willing to bind someone or lock them in a room, I could get over being squeamish about abrogating another sentient beings self-will. After all, it was just for a little while, until I was no longer in danger, (ha) or endangering any innocent attackers.

I had Tasin propose a duel, me unarmed against her best right arm man- Well, I had been unarmed heh. I didn’t hurt him, or show off too very much ... Seems no one wanted to fight me after that. I got Tasin off in privacy, and set her mind free. She slapped me, kissed me like she meant it, and thanked me for not killing her men, or taking advantage, or making her kill her men. She had been seriously frightened having her body move and speak at another’s will, but also she at some level had found the feeling of helplessness against my power highly arousing somehow.

Of course, since no one wore clothing, aside from weapons harness as if they were characters from E.R.B.’s Red Planet stories, arousal was pretty obvious for males and females alike. Gertra still wasn’t talking to me; she was pissed at losing her chauffeur job. I could tell she was still paying attention though, so I had just given her space. When you are always around someone, you still need self time sometimes.

I suggested to her to think if she was powerful enough to carry me, or like a carpet or chair I was sitting in. I felt her spirit brighten, as she began to think forwardly again. Of course, she had to test it out immediately, further cementing Tasin’s opinion of me being a powerful wizard. Invisible familiar? Check. Magic Spells? Check. Ergo; wizard.

Tasin took me over to formally introduce me to Ghurk, her strong-man who’s sword I had gained. We both made nice, and she gave him another sword, and then we sparred, after which he was proud that I was using the sword that was once his. Men really are simple creatures.

I started to learn the lay of the land, who the powers and influencers were, the condition of the ordinary man. They were all outlaws only because the current ruler had declared them such, because they had been friendly and aligned with the former ruler whom had been ousted in a popular mob uprising, on unfounded stories that he was an unnatural monster who preferred his own gender to the fairer sex.

The ‘funny’ thing was, (not amusing at all) the new (current) ruler was rumored to have terrible habits and innocents of both genders and all tender ages had been disappearing; not just the outlawed and refugees. Of course, being the resident wizard, (in fact, the only one they had even heard more of a rumor about, and those not so friendly as I was proving to be... ) ‘Help us Mr. Wizard!’

And after all, I have to say I did, in fact, ask for it.

Yay! Adventure! I think my life has just taken an interesting turn for the more active and risky. It’s not going to be just me being interesting, I was going to be encountering dangerous situations (entertaining, ) and having uncomfortable things happen to me. Like the crick in my neck from sleeping on the ground last night. No, I signed up for this one. On the bright side, I no longer had that vague nagging feeling of missing something.

I quickly mastered Archery, this society had cam and compounding pulley technology, and a keen appreciation for the natural materials available, and I was able to improve upon them with enhancing recipes and procedures. (spells and enchantments to Tasin.)

With such superb equipment, better than the junk back home, I was really pleased with my ranged weapon. Of course, I just let my body do the firing (at simulated targets) while my mind cast spells, and the smooth teamwork ensured full targeting with no double ups or missed opportunities.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.