The Catalyst
Chapter 74: Just Trying to have Some Fun

Copyright© 2018 by 2Ber Hero

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 74: Just Trying to have Some Fun - Charlie finds his "soulmate", falls in love and soon finds himself embroiled in "self-discovery". He and his friends/lovers begin learning about love, life and. things they never thought possible! This story is a "What if it could really happen" fantasy/romance/action-adventure, of learning and dealing with newfound abilities.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Superhero   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Paranormal   Sharing   Incest   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Swinging   Cream Pie   Double Penetration   Enema   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Safe Sex   Squirting   Voyeurism  

Early August, 1985

[Could this night get any stranger?]

Thankfully it didn’t, at least not right away. When our ‘gang’ re-entered the campgrounds, the campers that sat gathered around the bonfire seemed oblivious that anything out of the ordinary had happened earlier that night.

But, after parking our bikes, as they watched all of our group excitedly sprinting over to the campfire they must have suspected something was up. They were all but dragging a giggling Sarah with them. Since everyone began hollering their stories all at once, it was comical to see Roy stand up, put his fingers between his lips and let out a shrill whistle, “Okay everybody, let’s calm down and how’s about just one person talks at a time!?”

For about two seconds our entire little group stood dumbfounded.

Steve was elected to tell the story.

He began, “Well okay, let’s see. There we were ... sitting peacefully having a drink when all of a sudden this gang of Hells Angels came busting in the bar! The leader was threatening to shoot everybody if Sarah didn’t give him the keys to her bike. Then, the next thing you know, the ‘Invisible Man’ shows up and they all start flying out the door!

“I’ve never seen anything like it. Then the FOOL who is like the head honcho had his gun out and told one of his cohorts to start shooting up Sarah’s bike! The next thing you know all of the gang’s bikes started flying through the air all the way across the parking lot before smashing to smithereens. This was followed by all the biker guys flying through the air like they were trying to chase their bikes. Then the cops showed up and arrested all those assholes. At least that’s what it looked like to me.”

Several others were then given a turn and give or take a few ‘colorful expletives’ here and there, added to the story. It seemed like everyone wanted to give Sarah a hug. It took about the third or fourth story before it came out that Sarah was ‘Jonah’s’ girlfriend. And that Jonah had assigned a lady, Invisible Man or ‘Invisible Woman’ to guard Sarah.

Finally, everyone begged Sarah to tell her version and it was pretty much exactly what happened.

When Roy pointed out that Sarah was going to be playing with our band tomorrow, every person there vowed they couldn’t wait to see her play with us.

I’ll give it to Roy, always the businessman!

Needless to say, a SERIOUS case of inebriation ensued.

Everyone felt like they had to give our family, ‘the band’, a drink. When Sarah said she could only drink soft drinks because she might be pregnant, the rumors really started swirling around! Everyone wanted to know if the ‘Invisible Man’ was the father!

The story was spiralling out of control.

Trying not to laugh TOO hard, Sarah did explain that it was NOT going to be the ‘Invisible Baby’!

By the time everyone finally decided it might be time to go to bed, our four girls were the only ones left sober in the entire campground.

Even Bob, Greg and I were bombed out of our minds. Greg had even choked down a triple scotch that he was told was bourbon! (He slugged it down so fast, only his grimace afterwards gave it away.)

Jamie was giggling wildly, trying to help guide Greg back toward the RV.

She kept asking him if he was still going to be able to do his part to create a ‘little Greg’ tonight. Linda was nearly carrying Bob, who was apologizing pitifully, that he may not be able to fulfil his husbandly duties tonight.

Mary and Sarah were lovingly assuring me I could have the night off and that they would be happy just to cuddle with me.

Such is the life of a superhero!

I’m certain that all three of us, ‘guys’, were asleep before our heads hit our pillows.

It’s nice to have such loving women in our lives. I was just hoping I’d be able to remember half of what went on in the morning.

I did seem to recall that Sarah said she needed to use my cell phone. I vaguely remember her telling me she would try to get a hold of Joshua to let him know what happened tonight.

I was too far gone to even think about it.

***

BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. My head felt like the inside of a bass drum! After standing at the throne for nearly a minute I went out to start some coffee.

I DIDN’T make it that far. I spotted a half empty bottle of Maker’s Mark, and took a huge swallow. I then heard a gruff, “Ahemmm”, and with only the slightest amount of movement, handed the still open bottle to Greg. (Jamie, who had been sleeping on the converted table just winked and grinned at us.)

Greg looked as bad as I felt.

That process was repeated when Bob moaned similarly.

We heard soft giggles coming from the bedroom area.

We looked over to see that Linda, Mary and Sarah all had their hands over their mouths trying to stifle their uncontrolled giggles. At just above a whisper Mary said, “Why don’t you boys throw some shorts on and go outside in that nice fresh mountain air. As soon as we get dressed we’ll bring some fresh coffee out for you.”

We just nodded. While looking like zombies, we slowly trudging out the door. The ladies could’ve been cruel this morning but instead showed us an unmitigated level of mercy. We all flashed our deep gratitude and love for them before gently closing the screen door behind us.

For the next 15 minutes the three of us just sat there pleading with the alcohol gods to take away our pain. The “hair of the dog” wasn’t working all that well this morning. There’s never been a more welcome site than watching our four sweethearts coming out with our travel mugs full of hot coffee and a bottle of aspirin.

Mary whispered, “We’ve got another pot brewing. We figured you guys might be needing it.”

All four of them began giggling as quietly as they could.

Sarah flashed, “Would it be better if we talked this way?”

The three of us were still stupefied but thought about for a second before Bob replied, “Oh yes, this doesn’t seem to hurt at all.”

Mary flashed, “I think we have enough eggs and bread to make some French toast. We’ve also got a whole big package of sausage links how does that sound for breakfast?”

The three of us flashed in unison, “Heavenly!”

The seven of us just sat in relative silence relishing our early morning cup of mud. After a bit Mary and Jamie got up and went inside to begin fixing breakfast.

Bob flashed, “I know we need some practice this morning, but I’m sure not in a big hurry to make that kind of noise. I’m also thinking that a bike ride wouldn’t be any better. How does everyone feel about just kicking back today and vegging until later this afternoon?”

Linda smirked, “I wish the three of us could hurry up and get pregnant. I kinda miss being with my other two lovers. I’d also hate having to use rubbers.”

Greg was rolling his eyes as an unusual smirk came over his face. He kept grinning at Linda and desperately tried to stifle a laugh.

“What’s gotten into you there, Huggy Bear?” She grinned, “You look like you just remembered a funny joke.”

Greg was now laughing out loud, “Um, well, you see it’s like this. Actually, you and Sarah are back on the market!”

Sarah and Linda were just staring at each other when suddenly a loud shriek of joy caused Bob, Greg and I to put our hands over our aching ears.

Sarah gasped, “Do you think I’m pregnant?”

Bob was quietly stifling a laugh, “With Greg, he doesn’t THINK you’re pregnant, he KNOWS you’re pregnant!”

Sarah put her hands over her mouth before squealing again, “Do you know what it’s going to be?”

By now Mary and Jamie had their heads poking out of the door.

Greg winked at Jamie then said, “Sarah my love, you’re going to have the second most beautiful little girl the world has ever seen!”

As Sarah shrieked again, she got up and jumped into Greg’s lap, smothering him with kisses.

I flashed to Sarah, “Hey sweetheart, don’t I get any credit? I did all the HARD work!”

After shrieking for the third time she jumped into my lap, “You’re gonna be the best daddy in the world Charlie! Oh God I’m so excited. I’m going to be a Mommy!”

You could see the light go on in Linda’s head, “Okay, my hunky camp-mate, will I have a boy or girl?”

Greg motioned for Bob and I to cover our ears as his hands went over his own. “Both!”

Linda’s eyes got huge, “What exactly do you mean by BOTH?”

Greg chuckled, “I mean you’re going to have twins Linda. One boy and one girl!”

Bob and Linda intoned, “TWINS?” It was in unison, but with nearly opposite vocal inflections.

Greg and I were both squeezing our aching heads as we all broke out laughing. As the realization set in, Bob gently took Linda into his arms.

Linda asked Bob, “Aren’t you happy about this, Spinner Bear?”

Bob took a deep breath, “No sweetheart, I’m happy, trust me. It’s just kind of a shock to think about having two babies right off the bat.”

Mary and Jamie hustled out to join Sarah, surrounding Bob and Linda with hugs.

Mary said, “Not to worry my turgid Tangomeister. We’re all here to help you. Just imagine how happy Ray and Iris are going to be! I have a feeling your mom and dad are going to be happy too.”

Mary excused herself saying she had to finish making breakfast and that it would be ready in just a couple minutes.

Jamie was looking at Greg. She had a hopeful but unsure look on her face.

Greg knew what she was thinking, “I’m sorry sweetheart. I’m afraid in a few days you’re going to have your period again. You told me you were afraid this might happen.”

Jamie sighed deeply, “Yeah I know. I wasn’t on the same kind of birth control pills that Linda and Sarah were on. Silly me, I insisted on the ones where if I accidentally skipped a day I wouldn’t get pregnant. The problem with those was that it could take two or three months when I stopped taking them to get pregnant. So how long is it going to take?”

Greg smiled, “Shortly after the middle of next month you’re going to get pregnant for sure.” Greg was grinning like a loon, “And we’ll be having a son!”

Now all three of the girls were in our laps kissing us furiously.

Mary flashed, “Breakfast is ready guys, come on in!”

Over breakfast it was discussed whether or not we still needed to use condoms before having sex with anyone but our mates. After everyone looked at Greg and he smiled widely, we all knew that our period of forced abstinence was over. At least for the next two or three weeks until Jamie would be fertile again.

We also discovered that slow passionate sex was a suitable antidote for a hangover!

Sometime in the middle of the afternoon, whilst basking in the afterglow of our round-robin lovemaking, we heard a knock on the screen door.

A tentative, chuckling Carl asked, “Are we still going to try and practice today?”

I called out, “I think our hangovers have just about ended. How about if we meet you over there in like 20 minutes?”

He laughed, “Sounds great. I had a heck of a hangover this morning too. Next time I’m gonna have to check out y’alls method of getting rid of one!”

We were all blushing and chuckling.

We must have been a little noisy!

By the time we got to the clubhouse, Carl already had everything turned on and was tuning his bass. He also had a rhythm guitar that he was tuning up. Greg told him, “We should see if Bob has a microphone that we can set up for you. Your guitar will get picked up better. What songs are you thinking of using that for?”

He grinned, “I was thinking for “Duelling Banjos”. The girls have the bass part covered so well that I think it would be more fun to play this.”

Greg smiled, “It’s too bad we don’t have a banjo. The problem is, even if we did I don’t know how to play one. It’s a little different than a guitar.”

Carl said, “You’re right, it IS a little different. I used to play my grandfathers. As a matter of fact, that’s what I learned on. “Duelling Banjos” was the first song I learned how to play.”

We had all just finished tuning up when I noticed Roy standing in the corner. He was talking to Anita. I noticed him playfully giving Anita a shove toward us. She was blushing when she came up to me and asked, “I was just talking to Roy. I don’t know how to say this but, do you think maybe I can sing a couple songs with you guys? I’m pretty good with harmony and I would love harmonizing when the girls sing.”

Mary said, “Bob, why don’t you get our new friend a microphone. Let’s see what she can do.”

I asked Anita what songs she knew. She noticed our tentative playlist and began looking down the list pointing to “The House of the Rising Sun” and said, “I really like this song.”

That was one of the songs I knew we needed to practice. We really hadn’t picked out anyone to sing it other than Bob, who could basically sing anything, so we told her to give it a shot.

Mary and Jamie started us off and after one false start, (we had started WAY too fast), Anita commenced singing. She was very nervous at the beginning but when she looked around and saw we were all smiling at her, she loosened up and asked if we could start again.

Oh my gosh! When we restarted, she began singing in a beautiful yet raspy, nearly tenor voice that was dripping with emotion. When she finished we all knew she could sing with us anytime she wanted. Bob was thinking for a second, then he asked Anita, “Do you know any Sonny and Cher stuff?”

Anita smiled, “Oh yeah, I love doing “Half Breed” and “I Got You Babe”, I just need somebody to sing Sonny’s part on that one!” Giggle.

Bob grinned, “If you can sing Cher’s part, I can do Sonny’s and it’ll be great!”

We discussed more of the playlist and wanted to pick out something that would feature each of us. For Linda and I that would be Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass’s: “This Guys in Love with You”, “A Taste of Honey” and “Mame”. Bob suggested a couple of Louis Armstrong songs that he knew I liked to sing, using a very deep, husky ‘Louis Armstrong’ accent. We decided on: “Hello Dolly” and “What A Wonderful World”.

For Greg we decided on Eric Clapton’s, “Cocaine” and “I Shot the Sheriff” and possibly “Layla”. I asked him about Lynard Skynyrd’s, “Free Bird”.

He just grinned and said, “That would be fun if we have the time and everybody wants to take a break. All I’d need for that one is a little keyboard backup.”

The way Jamie smiled and winked at him I figured that was definitely going to be on the menu.

We practiced a little ‘Beach Boys’ stuff, figuring on their “409”, “Fun, Fun, Fun” and their “I Can Hear Music”. We DID have to work on harmonizing though. After several times through, we had all three sounding pretty decent. We did a quick run through of everything. After that, since we had to play later tonight, we called it an afternoon.

When I looked at the clock I realized it was already suppertime. We needed to be back here by 8 o’clock to get set up for our 9 o’clock show/dance.

The nervousness that I had earlier was almost gone.

Steve and Brenda suggested we try a little Mexican place for supper that was just up the road. We all mounted up and rode over. The food was authentic and not the stuff you get at Taco Bell. I found it was much different tasting than anything I’d ever tried before. Some of it was MUCH hotter. I was told you needed to specify how hot or mild you wanted. Bob, Linda and Greg went for really hot, while the rest of us stuck with mild or medium. The tamales were delicious.

As we were setting up, shortly after 8:00 pm, people were already filing into the clubhouse. They were reserving seats at the different tables that Roy had setup all around the outermost walls of the clubhouse. I felt he had an awful lot of tables and I counted 30 just like the ones we had at our wedding which could easily seat 8 to 10 each. I didn’t figure there was any way we would fill that up.

We had one more surprise.

Just as we were finishing getting our instruments tuned, Roy came over with an 80-year-old man carrying a banjo.

It was a very old banjo but it was obvious to me it been very well cared for.

Roy introduced his grandfather, Kenny. Kenny looked at Greg and Carl, holding the banjo out, “Would either of you young fellers have a use for this? Roy tells me you might be playing “Duelling Banjos”?”

Greg and Carl looked at each other. It was obvious to me that Greg was nervous.

Carl smiled widely and said, “Sir, I learned on my grandfather’s banjo that was just like that one. He showed me how to play. When he passed away I was hoping to get that banjo but nobody seemed to know where it went. I would love to try to play it for that song.”

There was a twinkle in the old man’s eyes as he gingerly held the banjo out to Carl. Kenny said, “Young feller, if you could make my sweet ‘Betsy’ sing like I used to be able to, I’d be much obliged to ya.”

You could tell that Carl was touched. He nodded to Kenny, “I’ll do my best, Sir. I haven’t played one of these in a while but I’m sure it’ll come back to me. Thank you for allowing me to use sweet ‘Betsy’ here.”

The serene smile on Kenny’s face and resultant smile on Roy’s face said it all. Tonight’s concert was going to be interesting, if not special, to say the least.

We had to figure out how we were going to do “Duelling Banjos” now.

Since Carl now actually HAD a banjo, we decided to give him the lead and instead of the ‘free-for-all’ that we originally planned, we decided to turn it into a duel with him and Greg. The rest of us would just add embellishments and jump in on either side as needed.

We still had one more surprise that got sprung on us. Carl was calling a nervous Anita to come over to Greg and me.

“Go ahead Anita, ask them.” Carl pleaded with her.

That’s when I noticed Anita was carrying a small case. She looked at Greg and me nervously, “After supper, Carl said you guys were thinking about doing “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”.”

She opened her case revealing an old violin, “I got this from my grandma. She taught me how to play it in a style she called ‘fiddle playing’. I’ve been practicing the fiddle part for the last few years. I’ve just never found anyone who knew it enough to play with me. I would sure love to play Johnny’s part!”

She got it out and tuned up. When Carl badgered her to give us a sample, she blew us clean into next week!

Greg was grinning wildly and said, “Jamie, Mary and I will play the ‘devil’s’ part with everyone else filling in around the both of us. You go ahead and just let it wail on the Johnny part Anita. Just make sure you change the words because YOU’RE going to have to sing the Johnny part!”

Anita squealed and gave Greg a kiss on the cheek, “This is going to be so much fun! I just hope I don’t get nervous and screw it up!”

We all just smiled at her, Mary giggled, “Don’t worry Anita, we’re just doing this to have fun. It’s not like this is gonna pay us anything. Just throw caution to the wind and let it all hang out. Let’s just have fun tonight!”

About 10 minutes before we were set to start we all noticed the place wasn’t just full, it was already packed!

Since Steve and Brenda had come over with us and helped us set up, they had reserved the table right in front to our left (that’s stage left in theatre terms). Only because of that, Sherry and Barry along with a few of the other people we’d come to know had good seats. The front table to our right had people that none of us had ever seen here before. As a matter of fact, most of the closest tables weren’t even people from our campground.

What was bothering me wasn’t the crowd, but that we hadn’t even started before the 10 people seated to the right of us were already starting to chant, “Invisible Man, Invisible Man”!

I noticed Roy standing at the concession tables further over to our right. I flashed Greg and the rest of the gang that I was going over to ask Roy what the heck was going on.

Mary pleaded with me not to get too excited but that we needed to figure out what had been said.

I walked off the stage and headed over to Roy. He saw me coming and cowered a little as he could see I wasn’t happy. I asked him, “Just HOW MUCH advertising did you do for this little soirée, Roy?”

He said sheepishly, “Well I might have put a few flyers up.”

I looked at him sternly, “And what EXACTLY did they say?”

He let out a long defeated sigh, “I might have mentioned that our band tonight featured the Invisible Man’s girlfriend, Sarah. That’s all. I didn’t say anything about any kind of a demonstration or anything I swear!”

When I looked back at the band, Sarah had her head in her hands. I saw her whispering something to Mary and Jamie. I knew what she was saying but I also knew we hadn’t practiced the song she was asking for. She was asking if they remembered the song they played at home, when Greg, Melody and I were driving back from Florida.

Mary and Jamie were grinning as Sarah flashed, “Guys, this afternoon I told you I didn’t have any special songs and that I just wanted to play along with everything. This is the one song I would LOVE to sing. If those idiots make a scene, just give me the microphone and follow my lead okay?”

She didn’t need to say anything more as I already knew what she was thinking and agreed wholeheartedly.

Right at 9 o’clock I motioned for Roy to light up the stage.

A restrained cheer went up and I could tell it was almost entirely from our group of friends that we had gotten to know over the last couple days.

This afternoon we had decided to start out with Chicago’s, “25 or 6 to 4”.

Bob led us off with four rimshot’s and we were off and running. We hadn’t even played eight measures before everyone at the table to our right was standing up and screaming that they wanted to see the ‘Invisible Man’.

It wasn’t just the 10 at that table either. Five out of the nearest eight tables were all chanting the same thing. When I looked over at our friends sitting at the table to our left, I could tell they were embarrassed and they felt bad for us. That’s when Sarah flashed, “Okay I want one of you guys to pick me up about 8 feet and hold me there while I talk on the microphone.”

I chuckled when I noticed that Bob had added a 12-foot extension cord to the mic she had in her hand. We decided I would hold her up while Greg and Bob prepared to follow her instructions.

We stopped suddenly and gave the crowd a look so they would know we weren’t happy.

The five tables of hecklers were now completely out of control.

That’s when I picked Sarah up as she requested.

Suddenly the room went silent as gasps were heard from nearly everyone. Sarah said, so everyone could hear, “My protector, Jackie the ‘Invisible Woman’ wants you to know that she is EXTREMELY upset right now. She wants me to tell you that she is NOT a circus act. Now that you know she is here would you please quiet down so that my friends and I can play for you?”

The quiet lasted for about 10 seconds before a few drunks at the table to our right began hollering, “show us more, Jackie, show us more!”

Sarah just flashed, “Okay boys, ‘Showtime’ take two or three of those clowns and stick them up in the rafters!” (The clubhouse had a 20-foot ceiling with rustic beams and cross-supports.)

Without warning, the three loudest knuckleheads found themselves perched up in the rafters hanging on for dear life. They started screaming to be put down. Sarah said into the microphone, “Okay Jackie, pull ‘em down!”

Everyone in the place began cheering and laughing hysterically as all three of their pants were now around their ankles! Sarah was laughing so hard she struggled with the next line, “You all see what happens when Jackie gets upset?”

Our friends and fellow campers were still cheering wildly. Sarah continued, “Jackie wants to know if anyone else would like to join our friends up there?” She was pointing to the three miscreants who were now nearly sobbing, begging to be put down.

She added, “My friends and I were asked if we would play tonight. We said yes out of the kindness of our hearts. I would strongly suggest that if any of you still here want anything other than to hear us play, you should leave right now. Jackie is NOT happy and said that the next demonstration will end with somebody getting very badly hurt. I think she may try to throw that person through the door on the far end of the clubhouse and see if she can get them into the pool on one bounce!” (The pool was at least 200 feet beyond the doorway.)

Bob, Greg and Mary then put the three clowns back on the ground. As fast as they could pull their pants up they, along with about 40 others, scrambled out the back door. A massive cheer went up before one of our friends kindly asked if we would play some music for them now.

Sarah said, “We’d like to play this song for Jackie!”

There was a brief applause as Mary and Jamie led us in to Abba’s,” Thank You for the Music”.

By the time Sarah got to the second chorus there was nary a dry eye in the house.

Deciding we needed to get the party rolling, after our friends gave us a nice, albeit subdued, round of applause, we broke directly into “Cocaine” by Eric Clapton.

The party was on!

People flooded the dance floor and occupied the tables that were vacated by the group of rabble-rousers.

Next we played “You’re the One That I Want” and “Greased Lightning” from the “Grease” soundtrack. Linda sang Olivia Newton John’s part while Bob sang John Travolta’s part. They were amazingly good. Everyone was dancing and having fun.

After that we slowed things down with Mary singing “Desperado” and “Evergreen”, sounding very much like Barbara Streisand. All of the girls sang a beautiful harmony behind her.

I noticed Kenny sitting next to Roy over by the concession stand. He looked tired. I flashed that we should do “Duelling Banjos” now before he got too drowsy.

I took the microphone and got everyone’s attention. “Our next song,” I said smiling at Kenny, “was made possible when Roy’s grandfather, Kenny, allowed Carl to borrow his beloved banjo, ‘Betsy’. Carl, why don’t you start us off?”

Carl climbed up on the barstool we had for him. He motioned Kenny to come up and sit next to him on the stool we set up right beside him. Roy nearly had to drag a blushing Kenny, but the old guy was smiling widely. As soon as Kenny was seated, Carl started picking out the first phrase. When he finished, old Kenny was grinning at Greg, who played the second phrase. As the intensity grew so did Kenny’s looks and smiles.

It was like he was watching a tennis match. When everyone else kicked in, the place went nuts! Kenny would just grin at whoever was playing. Whenever someone really jammed, he’d chuckle and point his old crooked finger at them. When we really got crazy, he’d be alternately counter slapping his knee in time with the music, then point at the soloist! When the song ended the crowd went crazy.

When Carl tried to hand the banjo back to Kenny, Kenny just shook his head. “Young feller, I’m afraid my sweet Betsy has done found herself a new Beau. If you wouldn’t mind, I’d like you to keep her and make this old man happy. Betsy don’t need to be kept in no closet collecting dust no more. She wants to sing! Will you keep her happy for me? Please?”

You could hear a pin drop, as everyone wanted to hear what Kenny was saying. Roy was in tears. Carl was wiping away his tears as he said, “Thank you. I promise to take care of Betsy and let her sing as often as I can. This is a very special gift that I’ll treasure for the rest of my life.”

He and Kenny hugged, just as Steve, Brenda, Sherry and Barry started slowly clapping. We all joined in as a thunderous applause filled the room.

Carl then took ‘Betsy’ and started playing “Mr. Bojangles”.

We scrambled, but found it in our fake books. On the second verse we gradually filled in behind him. Old Kenny even joined Carl, harmonizing with him. They were both beaming. Steve and Brenda started dancing and Steve was doing ‘the old soft shoe’ right on cue. It WAS a very special ending to the first half of our concert.

Roy even broke out some booze and between that and what other folks brought with them, we took a 20-minute break. The girls were all smiling, holding up their Pepsis, while Greg, Bob and I drank our Bourbon and Vodka tonics.

Our new friends soon began teasing as to what we planned on playing next. I grinned at Anita, ‘You ready with that fiddle?”

“I was BORN ready! Let’s hit it!”

Anita started “The Devil Went Down to Georgia” then quickly Greg and the rest of us jumped into the Devil’s part with Anita making cute faces and gestures at all of us. The grin she gave as Greg sang the devil’s challenge threatened to derail him. (He was fighting back total laughter!)

When Anita fired up her part, the place went crazy. Between her grinning, playing and singing her part, it was amazing. This was even better than when we played it at our rehearsal dinner with the pixies. I briefly wished they could have heard us. I could just picture them giggling and joining in. When Anita brought us to the close there was a momentary stunned silence. It seemed like everyone’s mouths were open. Then the applause erupted like a volcano! We’d made several mistakes, but you’d never have known by the response we had gotten. Sometimes enthusiasm and having fun trumps overall precision and skill.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.