The Catalyst
Chapter 48: Back to Work

Copyright© 2018 by 2Ber Hero

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 48: Back to Work - Charlie finds his "soulmate", falls in love and soon finds himself embroiled in "self-discovery". He and his friends/lovers begin learning about love, life and. things they never thought possible! This story is a "What if it could really happen" fantasy/romance/action-adventure, of learning and dealing with newfound abilities.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Superhero   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Paranormal   Sharing   Incest   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Swinging   Cream Pie   Double Penetration   Enema   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Safe Sex   Squirting   Voyeurism  

July 8-12, 1985

[We all slept together, cuddling and caressing with the girls letting us know they wanted to do this again.]

***

After our crazy 4-day weekend, it was almost like a vacation going back to work. Emmy and Sarah were going to drive to work then planned to stop at both apartments to load up on things. They would be late getting home as they were planning on leaving Emmys car at Sarah’s work and Sarah was driving here so they could use her car to get to the commuter station. Emmy was moving in with Bill and Sally and Sarah was moving in here.

Linda and I rode to work in my Mustang, as was usual. I was called into Sam’s office first thing. He gave me a smirk, “How was YOUR weekend, relaxing I hope?”

I snickered, “Ohhh yeah. We just lazed around the pool and watched the fireworks.”

He wasn’t buying that for a second and his raised eyebrows said it all.

“There was certainly a lot of FIREWORKS from what I saw on the news.”

I put my finger by my lips, “More than you know. Some of which may have had an outcome we didn’t intend on.”

“I guess my question is, are you going to be able to continue working here?” Sam looked concerned.

“YES.” I said resolutely, “I made it clear to everyone concerned that I love my job and won’t let you down.”

Sam didn’t look convinced, “Well, I understand, but saving someones life IS more important than designing a building, isn’t it? Is your second ‘occupation’ going to conflict with this job a lot?”

I hoped he really understood.

I sighed deeply, “Yes to the first part and not if I can help it. Originally, I only intended on doing my ‘second occupation’ on weekends. The whole idea WASN’T for me to start a new career path. It was to try and convince criminals to change their ways. I’m really hoping NOT to have to take much, if any, time away from my real job. THIS is my real job and passion in life. You have to believe that.” I looked at Sam reservedly.

“I believe you. I do want to tell you, even though I couldn’t tell anyone, I was inwardly very proud of how you rescued that reporter from that mobster. You don’t have to say anything, I just knew it was you, even if I never saw you. I figured you must have had some kind of disguise on. I just want you to know, if you DO have to take time off to save someone, I won’t make you feel guilty about it. I also believe you’ll do what’s necessary to keep the job on track. I’ll never forget the way you saved MY life.” He chuckled, “Just make sure you’re going to be here this Friday! Okay?”

I nodded and he hugged me. I did try to reassure him that I wouldn’t let him down.

Later, I had lunch with Larry and after apologizing for not getting together on Saturday, filled him in on everything. I was surprised and glad most of the staff at work didn’t ask me any questions.

Linda and I went into warp mode and finished the three commercial floor plans and layout. We had a good start on the six floors of residential units by the end of the day.

On our way home, Sarah flashed me with a question. “Um, Charlie, would it be okay if I brought my cats over? It’s really not fair to leave them alone and I hate to just take them to an animal shelter. Emmy is going to see if Bill and Sally might be okay with taking them. What do you think? They’re only four years old and are very well trained. They don’t really get into anything.”

I told her, “I was wondering about them and who was taking care of them when you weren’t there. I guess we’ll have to see what the rest of the family feels. I don’t have a problem with it, even though I’m not really a ‘cat’ person. I’ve never actually had a pet before.”

The rest of the family weighed in and were in favor of having them over. Mary, Linda and Jamie were REALLY up for having them, since they all wanted a pet. Bob had a reservation, as he was allergic to cat dander. When Linda told him we could “cure him of that”, he began laughing and said to “bring ‘em on”! Sarah was relieved and told us how much she loved all of us.

The rest of the week went pretty much uneventfully.

Emmy and Sarah said on Wednesday night that their commute wasn’t a problem and they were going to get a pass for the train. They both liked having the time to chit-chat and have their coffee without having to worry about the drive. Sarah even had a friend at the Tribune who was picking them up at Union Station every morning on his way to work. Having Emmy’s car at work was working out well for both of them. Sarah’s cats were funny to watch, as they got used to their new home and were becoming friendly with everyone. The seven of us had fun ‘curing’ Bob of his allergy, so that wasn’t even a problem.

Thursday night, Bob asked me what was happening on Friday at 11:00AM, that Sam wanted him to come for lunch.

I had no idea, but I remembered Sam saying I needed to be at work on Friday.

Dad told us that he and Joshua had contacted Johnny in Tucson. He called off the PI and was happy to possibly get things restarted. He thought maybe after Labor Day, since no one wants to be in Arizona in the summer. So that cooled off, at least for now. Johnny still didn’t know Dad’s real name and was content to coordinate through Joshua. Dad used the CIA as an excuse and Johnny trusts them even less than Joshua does.

Friday morning began with a frisky shower with Sarah and Mary. We played enough, that we were almost late for work. Both girls were giggling that they would be leaking all day! Greg said that something must be going on, as he and Tim Hansen were also coming to lunch at 11.

Larry asked if he and Becky could still come over for this Saturday nights swim party. He chuckled, saying that Becky wanted to give all the guys one of her ‘special’ massages.

When I asked him exactly what that was, he laughed, “What it is will blow you away! That’s all I can say.”

He also said she had three books for me. It took me a minute, before I remembered THEY were about a special intimate massage for ladies. It was looking like our Saturday night fun was going to have even more people and that made me smile. I told him I was looking forward to it.

By 10:00 Linda and I had the first four floors of the residential units finished and Stan wanted to suggest something slightly different for the last two. He said HE was coming over at 10:30 to talk about it and another special surprise request.

Stan came in right on time. He wanted to know if we could make three, 4-bedroom models and eight, 3-bedroom models. He had firm offers, but had to say they weren’t being offered yet. We got out our overall floor plans and figured we could to it. He was happy. We told him there would be enough room for six 2-bedroom units left.

He looked at his order sheet and asked, “Could we make that three 3-bedroom and three 1-bedroom?”

“Sure, as long as it doesn’t matter which floor they’re on.” I said.

“Perfect. Now all six floors will be tentatively sold. Do it and please get me those nice elevations ASAP so I can show these buyers. There’s almost nowhere that has 4-bedroom units in the whole area. Those buyers will be very excited.”

Stan looked at me, “I have a special request. I just purchased 20 acres of heavily wooded land up in North Barrington. I want you to design my ‘Dream House’ for me! Charlie, you’re the only one I trust to do this.”

I told him that I was flattered, but I had to talk to Sam as far as billing. Stan said that he understood and just needed to be assured that I would have sole control over his project.

I told him THAT wouldn’t be a problem.

He asked me if I could accompany him on Sunday morning to see the property and possibly take some pictures.

I told him that pictures would be a good idea and I asked him if Greg and Linda could come with us to contribute their ideas, as far as construction concerns and what-not.

Stan became even more excited, “that would be a great idea! Especially if it turns out that Greg’s company ends up doing the construction.”

I looked at the clock and it was after 11:00. Sam stuck his head in the office, “Um, are you guys finished? Lunch is ready.” Sam winked at Stan.

Sam led us to the conference room instead of the break room. When we walked in, I was shocked! Chief Blake, the Pittsburgh FBI chief, my dad, TJ and Janet, Jim and Gracie and Fred Callas were all seated near the center of the table, along with Greg, Bob, Tim Hansen (Greg’s boss) and an older gentleman I didn’t know.

Even Al Jeffries was there. Sam led Stan and me to the center of three empty seats. I flashed Linda, “I wish you were next to me sweetie?!”

She smiled at me, “Not for this. Today is for the Heroes. I wish Jamie, Sarah and Mary were here. They’ll be watching with me!”

Before I could sit down, the older gentleman came over and hugged me. “So you’re Charlie! I promised this hug a month ago. I’m Brian Dunphy, owner of Dunphy Steel. We’ll get a chance to talk more later.” He was smiling.

Al stood up after we all sat down. “Thank you all for being here. As all of you know, the reason we all still have jobs is because of the selfless actions of Charles, ‘Charlie’ Swenson.” He chuckled, “What most of you may not know, is that right now he is squirming in his seat over here, hating this attention. Sorry Charlie, but there are several people here that are about to make you squirm a lot more.”

He started laughing as did most of my fellow employees. “We’re here today to say thanks and give out some much deserved rewards. I’m told that Charlie’s not the only one that made this possible. I’d like to introduce you to Bob Swenson, Charlie’s brother and Greg Sanders, Charlie’s friend. It’s really the efforts of these three that put an end to the entire ‘Jack Hoff’ caper. Some of you have met Bob, as he’s the one who installed the wonderful sound system for us here. Greg, you probably don’t know because he’s only been here a couple times with his boss, Tim Hansen of Hansen Construction. This celebration is to honor all three of these heroes.”

The room started applauding as Bob, Greg and I were left standing.

Al continued, “Thank you guys, you can be seated. Our first guest is the FBI’s Pittsburgh Section Chief, Blake Bryant. He’s going to tell us his observations and give us an update of the criminals now in custody, Chief?”

Chief Bryant stood up and took the microphone. “Thank you Mr Jeffries. I’m pleased to announce that, thanks to the information and direct help of my ‘Three Amigos’ over there, Frank and Jack Hoff along with Herman Hicks have been convicted of over 30 charges EACH. They are currently incarcerated in the Fort Leavenworth Supermax prison, where they will spend the next 300 years. With good behavior, they could get out in the year 2135.”

It took a second for the date to register before cheers and laughter broke out.

“Because of the help of our friends,” Chief Bryant continued, “we also put most of two major criminal street gangs behind bars for the rest of this century and half of the next. My ‘Three Amigos’ were also, directly responsible for saving the lives of Charlie and Bob’s dad and special Agent Terrance Johnson, who had been kidnapped by the street gangs, under the direction of the Hoff brothers. The FBI has a rewards program for citizens who help in bringing down notorious and even not so notorious criminals, based on the level of help rendered. It is my pleasure to present this check to these three heroes, in the amount of $500,000. It’s up to them to divvy it up.”

Bob, Greg and I were just sitting with our mouths wide open, in utter disbelief. The room was clapping as Chief Blake handed us the check.

Dad flashed, “Some of that is a percentage of the recovered money and stolen items. One of the gangs had over 5 million dollars in drug money confiscated. The FBI CAN afford your check!”

Brian Dunphy stood up at the mic next. “I wish I knew more of how Charlie and his friends did everything, but Chief Blake said, if he told me, he’d have to put my head in a safe. So I won’t ask.”

Everyone laughed.

“Even though the boys have received that award, I have a check for them too. Because of Charlie’s quick actions and discovery of the felonious plans of the Hoff Brothers, they saved me and my company too. If that original design had not been exposed, it could have been disastrous. Construction workers could have been killed if that building had somehow progressed past the 4th floor. Thanks to Charlie, his dad and his friends in the FBI, I recovered more than $20,000,000. That’s from the stolen steel and off shore bank accounts that my CFO had been swindling from me for the past 5 years. My way of saying thanks is to give Charlie and his family a check for 5% of what I recovered. I’ve also made a deal with Hansen Construction to supply all the steel for 10% below the original bid value. That should put the project completely in the black.”

When he presented us with a check for $1,000,000 I almost passed out. My math had failed me. I was thinking another $100K, NOT $1M. Luckily Bob and Greg caught me. Greg was smirking, “Breathe, b r e a t h e. Stay with me buddy.” I was in tears. I never expected anything like this. Everyone was chanting, “Charlie, Charlie!” Dad flashed that I needed to say something.

The first thing I did was go and put a fierce hug on Brian Dunphy. “I don’t know how to thank you. This is way too much. I just did what I felt I had to do...”

Brian whispered, “Son, you did more than anybody else would have ever done. Not just for me, but, for everyone in this room. I know you’ll share this with your family. Get all your friends and throw a huge party. You deserve it. All of it! Thank YOU, my young friend.” He was misty-eyed now too.

I stood at the mic, and tried to compose myself.

“Thank you, I just want you to know, I’m overwhelmed by all of this. I honestly just wanted to be a good employee and friend to everyone here. I was really put off at first with Jack and then with Herman. I realized that they had poisoned some other people’s attitudes too. I just want to say, that right now, I feel that everyone here is becoming like a family more than just colleagues. That is the kind of legacy that we should all want to leave. It’s my sincerest hope, that we can all work together to make Jeffries and Associates the most productive, yet friendly architectural firm in the country. AND ... as soon as possible, I plan on throwing the biggest ‘Pahaha-TAY’ any of you have ever seen!”

The place erupted and everyone stood up, coming over to shake hands and exchange hugs. I noticed Chief Blake and Fred Callas talking to Janet and TJ.

Dad was talking to Sam and Stan and they were glancing over at me.

Brian came over to Larry, Linda and me, “I’ve gotta get going. I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed meeting you. Maybe we’ll see each other again sometime. If you’re ever in Pittsburgh, stop in and say hi.”

“I will and thanks again for everything” I said as he headed for the door.

Cindy came by and gave me a hug, “I wanted to say thanks for saving me too. You gave me the chance to get my confidence back. Art wants me to be his assistant for a big project that starts next Thursday. I’ll get those elevations done for Stan’s 3 and 4-bedroom units by Tuesday. You made work fun again, my ‘Sunshine’.”

I had to chuckle, “It was just a matter of getting Jack’s poison out of you Cindy. He had you all messed up. You have a lot of talent. I’d work with you anytime!”

I walked over by a grinning TJ, “Janet and I have to run. We’re flying the Chief back to Pittsburgh.”

“Oh? You seem awful happy to be leaving!? Oww!”

Janet pinched my ass, then kissed me playfully. “He’s grinning, because the faster we leave, the sooner WE can get back. WE’VE been reassigned to Chicago! TJ is gonna take over Section Chief duties here. Fred Callas will be his 2nd in command. The current Chief is retiring and needs to get TJ trained ASAP. We’re packing our things tomorrow, making arrangements to vacate our apartment that we rent together and are moving into YOUR old bedroom! We’ll hopefully be back by Tuesday. Are we invited to your wedding?”

“HELL YES. Wow! When things get back to normal you guys can start coming to our Saturday night get togethers too! I’m as happy as you are. Congratulations TJ.”

Bob and Greg had just come by and heard. We did the ‘Bro-hug’ thing and Janet was passing out kisses.

Stan came by, “Do you and your Amigos have a minute? I have a couple things I’d like to discuss with you guys if I could?”

He said it pertained to Linda too, so we all headed to my office.

When we sat down, Greg said “Charlie told me about your new house. What time on Sunday and where should we meet you?”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.