The Catalyst - Cover

The Catalyst

Copyright© 2018 by 2Ber Hero

Chapter 16: Didn’t See That Coming

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 16: Didn’t See That Coming - Charlie finds his "soulmate", falls in love and soon finds himself embroiled in "self-discovery". He and his friends/lovers begin learning about love, life and. things they never thought possible! This story is a "What if it could really happen" fantasy/romance/action-adventure, of learning and dealing with newfound abilities.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   Fa/ft   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   Humor   Superhero   Tear Jerker   Workplace   Science Fiction   Extra Sensory Perception   Paranormal   Sharing   Incest   Group Sex   Polygamy/Polyamory   Swinging   Cream Pie   Double Penetration   Enema   Exhibitionism   First   Oral Sex   Safe Sex   Squirting   Voyeurism  

June, 1985

[“I think I just killed a guy!... “]

We were all stunned! “Where are you? What happened???”

“I’m at the convenient store, just north of Route 38 on Randall, there was a robbery, I was just trying to stop them from escaping! I think I killed one of them!...”

“We’re on our way. Don’t say ANYTHING to ANYBODY until we get there!”

“I won’t, please hurry!”

We jumped in the Chevy and were flaming up Randall as fast as our ‘Queen Mary’ would go. It only took a couple minutes and there were already 2 squad cars there with their lights on.

There were 2 bodies face down in the parking lot and Bob was talking to one of the cops and pointing in the store.

“Don’t say anything Bob!” I flashed.

“I’m not, I just told them I heard shots in the store and I thought someone had been shot.”

By the time we’d gotten up to him, 6 more squad cars came racing in along with 2 ambulances. 2 cops were looking at the guys on the ground as the rest were running to get inside the store. The guys on the ground were both wearing ski masks one was obviously dead, his guts were blown out, all over the pavement.

There was a shotgun on the ground with blood on the barrel. The cops told Bob they wanted to talk to him and not to leave. Bob was momentarily alone so we managed to get up close to him before one of the cops said we had to stay back. They didn’t want us to contaminate the crime scene. They did allow Bob to come over to us as long as he didn’t try to leave. I pointed at my head so everyone knew to talk ‘silently’.

What happened Bob?”

“I was just getting out of my van to go and get some coffee. I heard three gunshots and saw these two guys running out of the building. One was carrying a shotgun. I tried to mentally take the shotgun away from him but he was hanging onto it just tight enough that he pulled the trigger just before I could get it away from him. He shot his accomplice point-blank right in the back! I then took the shotgun and beat the guy over the head with it several times. I don’t know if I killed him or not, but, because I tried to get the shotgun away from him, I KNOW I’m responsible for killing his accomplice. I’ve never killed anyone before. That man is dead because of me!”

Jamie said, “NO Bob, YOU didn’t kill him! His ACCOMPLICE killed him. I don’t think the other guy is dead, I saw the cop check his pulse and he’s still breathing.

I thought about it for a second then told him, “Bob, when you give your statement, just say that you saw them running out of the building and the guy carrying the shotgun tripped and shot his partner. Then tell them that you think the recoil from the shotgun made it hit the guy in the head and knocked him out. It’s a little far-fetched, but the cop should believe you. If you try to tell him the truth, he’s NOT gonna believe you anyway. Right now you’re just a witness and after you give your statement they’re probably not going to have any more questions for you. Just keep it simple and then stick to the story. I’m going to stay right here with you while Greg and the girls spread out to try and see what’s being said.”

We saw 3 people get wheeled out of the store and into the 2 ambulances. The 2 worst-off victims were put in the bigger ambulance and it sped off immediately, sirens blaring. An EMT came over to the cops by the perps and asked if they should take the injured perp to the hospital.

The cop said, “No, we’ll treat him in the jail infirmary, he’s probably got a concussion, but we’re not letting him out of our sight. We’ve got the ‘Meat-wagon’ coming for his buddy here. Go ahead and get the other victim to the hospital ASAP.”

“Roger that!” said the EMT as he ran back to the ambulance.

The police sergeant came out of the store and walked over to the cops by the perps. “These 2 are wanted in 4 states from Texas to here in connection to 10 armed robberies and 6 murders. They escaped from a Federal prison near Dallas, Texas.” He told them. “It appears their luck ran out tonight. Which one of these people witnessed this ‘unlucky’ event?”

Bob raised his hand, and gave the sergeant his name. The cop insisted on talking to Bob in private to get his statement. Just after they moved away, the cops removed the masks from the perps and I saw exactly how much damage Bob had done to the perp who had just regained consciousness.

My idea of the recoil alone wasn’t going to ‘flush’.

I flashed Bob an alternate story and he flashed that he understood.

The perp started moaning and asking about his partner. The cops immediately read him his rights, to make sure anything he said could be used against him. One cop told him, “You shot him in the back and he’s dead!”

“NOooo, someone grabbed my gun and beat me with it. I didn’t shoot him!”

“Oh yeah? Well, we’ve got the gun and we’re betting yours will be the only prints on it. Just who grabbed it?”

“I didn’t see anyone; I think he was invisible!”

The cops all started laughing, “Ohhh, the INVISIBLE MAN did it! He probably robbed the store and shot those people too, right? AND shoved all this money in your pocket.”

“No, well, YEAH. That had to be it!”

The cops were still sniggering when the coroner showed up. He began checking the body and discovered a revolver in the dead guy’s pocket along with another wad of cash and car keys.

Bob and the sergeant had just come back and I flashed Bob about the happenings. The perp saw Bob and screamed, “He saw it! He saw the INVISIBLE MAN! Tell them!”

The cops were holding their sides from laughing. It only got worse when Bob said, “OH yeah, but he was wearing a mask. And after he stumbled and shot that guy, he started hitting himself on the head with his shotgun. Where’s the guy with the mask?”

“I’M THE ONE WITH THE MASK!”

“You’re the ‘Invisible Man’ then?” Bob snarled.

“Yes! ... No, I shot my friend!”

“Yes, then you hit yourself with your shotgun!”

“No, the ‘Invisible Man’ hit me with my gun!”

Bob flashed me and we made him start hitting himself with both hands. The cops were losing it watching the perp slugging himself.

Bob said, “See the ‘Invisible Man’ is doing it again!”

“No he’s not! I am! I mean he’s making me hit myself!”

The sergeant chuckled, then handcuffed the perp’s hands behind his back. “Well, Gee Whiz, he doesn’t seem to be hitting you NOW? He’s not hitting me either! When we get back to the station, maybe I’ll have to put out an ‘All-Points-Bulletin’ for the ‘Invisible Man’!”

I asked the sergeant how much longer Bob was going to have to stick around.

He said, “Since Bob’s statement lines up perfectly with another witness’s statements, he’s free to go. If you want, I’ll escort you out of the parking lot because we don’t want you talking to the media. Since technically you’re a witness, the media can’t talk to you.”

“Am I going to have to testify in court?” Bob asked.

“Most likely not, since you didn’t actually see the crime. At most you might have to come back and give a deposition. One of my officers found these guys’ car and are just waiting for the crime scene investigators to get here. I’m sure there’ll be more than enough evidence in there to make sure this guy gets a death sentence. This is the second place in Illinois that these guys struck and they killed the store clerk in Southern Illinois. They’ve also robbed several patrons in some of the different stores and we’ll probably find those items somewhere in their car.” He looked at Bob then added, “You’re lucky they didn’t shoot you too, they haven’t left many witnesses behind.”

I knew Bob wanted to say something but I was glad he bit his tongue. Jamie came over and gave Bob a bottle of water. Bob slugged it down and said he was still really thirsty.

Jamie hugged him. “Why don’t you come back with us and stay the night? We don’t want you to be alone right now.”

Bob looked exhausted and Greg said he’d drive his van back so that he could ride with us.

The ride home was very quiet.

As soon as we got home, Mary grabbed a Gatorade from the refrigerator, handed it to Bob and told him to drink it. We could tell, now that the adrenaline had worn off, Bob was nearly in tears.

Bob was just looking at us. “I don’t think I would’ve made it tonight if it wasn’t for you guys. I felt so alone and lost, I might have done something incredibly stupid. Jamie tried to snap me out of my funk of blaming myself for that guy getting shot, then Charlie just told me what to do ... When I saw all of you piling out of the car it felt like the cavalry had arrived. I love all of you.”

“We love you too Bob. You’re one of us!” Jamie whispered as she and Mary held him tenderly.

“When will I find MY Jamie or Mary?” Bob was gently crying as Greg and I joined in for a group hug. The second I touched him I had a vision.

“Soon Bob, and I can see her. Just be patient and trust me.”

“So, you can see the future now? I’m supposed to believe that?”

Jamie put her face nose to nose with Bob’s. “Yes and I believe him!”

“Me too!” “And me three!” Both Mary and Greg cried out.

Bob looked stunned. “Whoa, what have I missed in the last 3 days?

“A shitload!” Greg exclaimed. “You didn’t hear about the tornado?”

“You mean those tornadoes on Wednesday afternoon? What about ‘em?”

“Your brother had a premonition that probably saved our lives by less than a minute!”

“Holy Shit! You guys got caught in one?”

“YES! Two actually, on our way home from Joshua’s.”

Bob just sat in stunned silence while Greg told him the whole story, including rescuing Mary’s van. Then Greg told him about our visit to the jobsite and his boss, then about Joshua ‘rescuing’ the girls from their uncles broken down truck last night.

“So if Charlie tells you something’s going to happen, you might just want to believe it!” Greg told him with authority.

Finally, Bob said, “Here I’ve spent the last 2½ days wallowing in self-pity. I shut myself off from everyone that cares about me, only to find out you were all nearly killed! Then, tonight, when I ‘called’, you dropped everything to rescue me. I feel like such an ass. Guys, I’m really sorry!”

“Self-pity? What happened to cause that?” Jamie asked.

“Bad choices, lack of foresight, ‘thinking’ with the little head.”

“Girlfriend problems?”

“Ex-girlfriend now.”

“OH, wanna tell us about it?”

“In the morning, WOW! It’s almost 3:30 am.” Bob said.

I was glad the conversation had gone away from my vision.

“We got the ‘Rents’ coming today. And we don’t even know for sure when. Shit, we need to get some sleep!” I told everyone.

Mary asked, “Would you guys mind if Jamie and I laid with Bob until he falls asleep?”

Bob looked at Greg and I. “No, you don’t have to do that, I’ll be OK.”

“Go ahead, sweetie, I know better than to argue!” I smirked.

“Just leave your panties on though.” Greg added as we headed off to bed.

“Thanks guys, I owe you for this. Big time!” Bob said as the girls started turning the sofa into a bed.

I woke up and it was almost 9:00. I was alone and knew Mary hadn’t come in all night. I went to the kitchen to make coffee and saw both girls had fallen asleep with Bob. I flashed Mary to see if she was awake. “I’m awake Charlie, I’m sorry you had to sleep alone, Bob was really distraught last night. Jamie and I just didn’t feel right leaving him. Will you get me some coffee?”

“Sure thing sweetheart. I really missed you, but, thanks for being with Bob.”

I fixed her a cup as she went to the bathroom. I was admiring her on her way out. She was beautiful in her panties and I smiled as her ‘Double D’s’ jiggled delightfully. She motioned for me to head out to the patio and she grabbed our robes.

It was really nice outside. I set our coffee on the table and she embraced me in a hug and a hot ‘good morning’ kiss.

“Your brother has really had a rough couple of days. His girlfriend is a real piece of fucking work! Excuse my ‘French’. That and he’s still having issues about killing that guy.”

I’d never heard Mary cuss like that. “Wow, do you want to fill me in?”

“I would, but, I’m afraid I might not get it all right. She is one mercenary BITCH; I’ll tell you that! Bob said he’d tell you and Greg about it today. Can we wait till then? He did say he thought he had a vision. Like you, he’s having a hard time recalling all of it. We told him about your hypnosis and he wants to go see Ann.”

Greg and Jamie had just joined us when we heard Ed’s voice. “Hey guys, did you see this morning’s paper? There’s a picture of a robbery and shooting. I think you guys are IN it!”

He and Grace came in the gate carrying this morning’s paper. The headline read: ‘Invisible Man’ Ends Four-State Killing Spree! The story read:


Last night, just before midnight, two masked gunmen held up a convenience store on Randall Road in St Charles, Illinois. While attempting to flee the scene ‘Fate’ apparently stepped in and caused one of the gunmen to shoot his partner in the back, killing him instantly. According to witnesses, the remaining gunman, in an apparent act of frustration, began hitting himself over the head with his shotgun rendering himself unconscious. When police arrived on the scene, both suspects were found unconscious. Police also found the store owner and two patrons had all been critically wounded as the victims of the apparent robbery.

While police Sgt Gregory was interviewing a second witness, the remaining gunman apparently regained consciousness. Two police detectives promptly read him his rights just before he began spouting off that some unknown ‘Invisible Man’ tried to disarm him causing him to shoot his partner in the back. The same ‘Invisible Man’ then supposedly took the shotgun away from him and began beating him over the head with it.

In an apparent attempt to get the police to believe him the suspect began hitting himself in the face with both fists. In all that, what he did manage to do was give the police what amounted to a full confession. After handcuffing the prisoner and hauling him off to jail, Sgt Gregory was kind enough to give us an interview.

When asked what he would say to the ‘Invisible Man’ if he had the chance, he replied, “I would thank him, from the bottom of my heart, for putting an end to this crime spree. I would also thank him for all the lives that he potentially saved by not letting these two criminals get away. I just wish that this guy really DID exist. He would have criminals everywhere shaking in their boots!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.