25 January 2008 - Cover

25 January 2008

Copyright© 2018 by Mustang

Chapter 6

“What’s taking them so long?” Wendy complained, pacing back and forth in the hospital waiting room.

“They just want to give Jake a thorough examination. A head injury may be harder to detect than an obvious broken bone or a cut,” Dan tried to reassure his love.

Wendy didn’t care that her slim figure was sensually covered by her usual low-cut, high-hemmed dress for others to appreciate; she was worried about her son’s condition.

Dan heard his cell phone calling. “Are you ever going to change that ringtone?” Karen asked, unable to hide her smile.

“I doubt it. I love hearing the sounds of you and Wendy cumming when someone calls me,” he smiled, kissing her. “I certainly get unusual reactions when someone nearby hears it calling me.” Dan answered the call and spoke for a moment. Karen figured from the conversation that it was Brad.

“That was Brad. The game is over. We won four to three. Scott Warren and Chris Page scored our last two goals. Brad asked about Jake and said the team bus would be here soon.”

“We won four to three,” Dan told Wendy as she resumed her seat between them.

“The hockey game was able to finish before we heard anything about Jake.” She wondered.

“They’re just being cautious. He’ll be fine,” Dan tried to reassure his love.


A moment later, a nurse approached them and asked, “Are you Jake Campbell’s mother?”

“I am,” Wendy replied, standing.

“Your son has been examined, and the doctor would like to speak with you.” The nurse couldn’t help but notice Wendy’s deep cleavage, along with Karen’s.

They all followed the nurse past the closed door and down a short corridor to an examination room. They entered, noticing the room barely lit above the bed. Wendy immediately went to Jake, sat on the bed, and leaned in to hug him. She didn’t care that her breasts were a fraction of an inch from falling out of her dress. Jake welcomed the comforting embrace of his mother.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” She asked, brushing his lengthened blonde hair from his forehead and kissing him.

“I’ll be okay, Mom. I just took a little hit on my head.”

A moment later, the door opened. “Hello, I’m Dr. Shelia Davidson.”

“Hi, I’m Wendy Hayward, Jake’s mom. How’s my son?”

“Jake will eventually recover. He suffered a mild traumatic brain injury, commonly called a concussion. He may have lost consciousness for only a few seconds when he was injured. He appeared to be slightly dazed and confused when first examined. I ordered a brain and neck scan, and all appears to be normal.”

“Jake complained of a headache and ringing in his ears, and his eyes seem sensitive to bright lights. We allowed Jake to rest for thirty minutes, then asked him several questions. He didn’t remember the time from being injured to the ambulance ride to the hospital.”

“Will Jake have to stay here overnight?” She wondered.

“No, we can release him to go home.”

“We live in Trenton.”

“He shouldn’t make any sudden movements or walk until he’s examined further back home.”

“Honey, you and Jake can spend the night with us, and we’ll drive you home in the morning. We live in Kingston,” Barbra mentioned.

“That may be best. Should Jake show any further symptoms, such as nausea or being unable to keep his balance, you can bring him back to the emergency room.”

“When can I play hockey again?” Jake wanted to know.

“Your team doctor will be able to determine when you can resume your hockey. Based on general conditions, it will likely be several weeks.”

“Weeks?!” He cried.

“I’ll pass all your information onto the coaching staff, who’ll inform the team doctor. He’s dealt with previous players receiving a concussion,” Jim said.Â

“The first several days will be crucial to his recovery. His vision will be the most important. Not meaning that he could lose it but rather that his vision is so keyed to his balance. Jake will have to stay totally relaxed. No TV or sports; no physical activity; anything that requires rapid eye movement; plus, avoid bright lights. You should wear sunglasses even indoors for a few days. You should also miss the next week of school to rest your eyes and brain.”

“I’m in high school.”

“You’ll need your rest. Adequate nighttime sleep and continued rest during the daytime.”

“I may as well be dead!” He replied sarcastically.

“Jake!” Wendy snapped.

Now, Jake, you can expect your mother to be very concerned about your well-being. If you have a headache, feel woozy, or have a loss of balance, I want you to tell her so,” the doctor explained.

“Listen to her, Jake,” Wendy stressed.

“Yes, Mom.”

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.