Seasonal Dates: a Simple Christmas Story - Cover

Seasonal Dates: a Simple Christmas Story

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

Chapter 4

Everything went as planned. We had lunches and I took her to Chase’s Christmas party. We were careful in our drinking and, therefore, stayed sober. The next week was Bella’s party and I picked her up for it. We handled things similarly. Nadia was a hit at both parties being a clever, good-looking woman wearing an attractive dress. At her company’s party, both of us received many looks. She did because the clothes I had seen her wear during the week were noticeably more modest and I did simply because I was with her.

I enjoyed having her with me for lunches and for the parties. The only fly in the ointment was the lack of passion. Nadia was barely friendly but no more. Over lunch on the next Monday, Nadia said, “Randy, this isn’t working for me.”

I nodded. “I understand. We are okay with each other but, by now, there should at least be a better friendship. There isn’t.”

“That’s true. I would like to call our deal off. We have gotten past most of it but we both know there isn’t anything further waiting for us together.”

“That works.” We had finished our lunches. “Let’s end it now and go our separate ways.” She nodded. She was showing more emotion about our breaking up than at any other time during our “deal.” I paid and returned her to her office.

As I went by Kathy’s cubical, I must have looked a bit upset or unsettled. Kathy said, “Sit down and talk to me, Randy.” I sat down. “What’s going on?”

“Nadia and I called it quits.” I took a breath. “We just weren’t clicking. We aren’t mad but won’t be together any more. It’s not like we really were anyway. That’s why we ended it.”

“I’m sorry. I know you would like some connection.”

“Yes. I’ll keep going to church and I’m getting to know the people there. It’s just a little bump in the road.” I shrugged. “I think she is going to spend the weekend and then Christmas with her parents. The Sunday school class party is tomorrow night but it’s not a date kind of thing. Maybe, there will be a connection there.”

I went to the Sunday school class party and enjoyed my time that evening. Lois was there and seemed to be the only one initially not filled with joy. We talked and I admitted that Nadia and I weren’t going to be seeing each other anymore. On Sunday, there was no Sunday school and I went to the main service. Lois was there and we sat together. She asked me to follow her to her house. I agreed. She pulled into a driveway on a paved spot. I parked on the street. It seemed quiet.

I got out and came toward her. She took my hand and we went in through the front door. “Mom, Dad, I have a guest. Her parents were in the den watching TV. Her father stood and shook hands with me as Lois introduced me as a member of her Sunday school class. Her mother nodded my way. Lois said, “Randy, please come with me.”

I followed her into a second and smaller den. She went to the TV and turned it on to some Christmas music for background. She pulled me to a couch and we sat together. “Randy, my parents are barely Christian. They never go to church though have never placed obstacles to me going. They are moral and have been good parents over the years. They were supportive when I divorced and then Matt died.” We will have lunch shortly or you can take me out. I know they were just planning sandwiches. I would like to go to the candlelight service tonight with you.”

“Lois, let’s go out. We can return here or go to my condo after lunch. I would like to go to the candlelight service with you.”

She smiled. “Okay, let’s go.” We stood and she turned off the TV. As we left, she told her parents she was going to lunch with me and then the candlelight service later. She finished saying, “I’ll be home very late.”

Her father said, “Okay. Let us know if you need us.”

We left. I assisted her into my car. As she got in, her dress rode up some and I realized that her legs like the rest of her were quite good. I drove to a good chain restaurant. We ordered and ate after praying. I paid and we left for my place. I turned on my TV to the same music channel and we sat on my couch.

Lois said, “Randy, I like Nadia but I’m glad she broke up with you. I don’t think you two fit together. I have hopes that we will. I’ve liked you since you first walked into the class.”

I was a bit surprised and I must have looked it. Lois looked at bit anxious. She said, “I’m not pushy. On the other hand, I decided that if I didn’t push myself, I might regret it. Gloria will find someone else to push on you quickly. She’s a matchmaker.”

I said, “But she doesn’t match you?”

“No. She doesn’t completely approve of me. I’m divorced. My ex was a member of the class and a cousin of hers. He quit coming when we divorced. He had gotten involved in a questionable group that I didn’t like. I didn’t like the direction of his life nor my presence in it. A month after the divorce, he was killed in a drug deal gone bad along with his new girl. It was ugly. I think Gloria blames me a bit for not keeping him away from all that.”

I said, “I understand the dynamic better now.”

I then grinned. “What were your plans for me?”

“The ones I had originally. I wanted to get to know you then and still do. Tonight, we will be together until late. Tomorrow, I will celebrate Christmas with my parents and would like to have you there.” She looked at me very directly. “I think you would be ‘here’ for your friends. I would like to be one.” In a very small voice, she added, “Maybe we could be more.”

I smiled back at her. “Good friends are good. More could work.”

I said, “I haven’t gotten anything for you or for them.”

“I know. Randy, I don’t want your present but your presence.” She grinned.

I grinned back. I said, “May I kiss you?”

“If you do, I’ll kiss you back.”

“Good.” I pulled her into my arms easily. She offered no resistance and we kissed. That kiss quickly became passionate. By the time we caught our breath, she was in my lap and her skirt had ridden high on her thighs. I kept my hands in safe places.

“Randy, I didn’t expect that.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t...”

“That’s not what I meant. I didn’t expect my reaction to your kiss. I didn’t just like it, I absolutely loved it! I’ve never kissed anyone and reacted that way. I want to try another.” She pulled at my head and our lips met again. This kiss lasted longer and she placed my hand on one of her breasts before wrapping both of hers around my neck. I squeezed her breast gently and she moaned into my mouth. We finally brought the kiss to a halt with my hand still on her breast and her body straddling mine. We were both breathing heavily.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.