Seasonal Dates: a Simple Christmas Story
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2017 by radio_guy

Monday was a normal day. I ate with Kathy and only said that I met an interesting girl named Nadia at Sunday school the day before. Of course, I said nothing about any deal.

Tuesday morning, I sent Nadia a text. She responded moments later telling me to come at a quarter before twelve. I sent back, “Okay.” I told Kathy that I was having lunch with Nadia today. She grinned and waved me off.

I left, giving me three minutes to get in my car and drive five hundred feet. I walked in on time. I went to the reception desk and told the woman there that I was Randall Jackson to see Nadia Clark.

She said, “Uh, I’ll tell Nadia she has a guest.” She left her desk rather than use the phone. Nadia returned with her to some twittering sounds.

“Hi, Randy. Come on back. You can see the dungeon.” She smiled. I got a light hug. With that momentary touching of her body to mine, I understood that she had a good figure even in business attire. I followed her willingly. I try not to be a male chauvinist pig but her body was good. We arrived in her office area which she shared with two others, a man and a woman.

She introduced me as a member of the Sunday school class. I shook hands with both of them and we left moments later. As we were walking out, I said, “Do you like Chinese?”

“Yes. I even cook it.”

“Wow! Well, there is a pretty good Chinese buffet close. I thought I would take you there.”

She smiled. “That sounds good.”

We went to it and inside. We were seated and filled our plates for the first time. Returning to our seats, I said, “May I pray, Nadia?” She nodded and I did. She echoed my amen.

“Randy, to you like my name?”

I smiled. “Actually, I do. I also admit to being curious since Clark is radically different from Nadia.”

“That’s true. My grandfather came from England and became naturalized. My mother was Romanian until she defected with her family. She’s now a citizen and I was born here. Does that explain everything?” Her tone told me that she wasn’t mad.

“Very well. I’m trying to get to know my date. It’s an enjoyable experience.” I paused. “Nadia, what if this turns romantic?”

She smiled. “It wouldn’t be the end of the world.”

We continued to eat. I found that she really knew a lot about how to prepare Chinese food. I admitted that I wasn’t much of a cook but could eat. Nadia chuckled at that admission. She said, “Randy, I’ll have to get you to my place and prepare a meal for you. However, you don’t look under-nourished.”

I grinned. “I’m gaunt with hunger but I hide it well. I would love to go to your place. I’ll even bring wine.”

“Do you drink?”

“Only in moderation. I do like a glass of wine with meals. Sometimes, I will have a beer while watching football with chips though I’m just as likely to drink something non-alcoholic. Even more rarely, I will have a mixed drink. I get one at parties and then drink something that looks alcoholic but isn’t. It helps that I like the taste of tonic water.”

She smiled. “I really didn’t think you were a drinker. Heavy drinking isn’t good.”

“I agree. Being drunk can cause all kinds of problems that are otherwise easily avoided.”

I enjoyed my meal and learning about her. I drove to the front of Bella’s offices. Nadia said, “You may let me out here. We’ve proven you exist to my co-workers.” She grinned at me and exited the car. I watched her enter the offices before pulling away and driving the bit to Chase.

Inside, I went to work. I got a lot done. A number of little things helped to speed two projects along. I was pretty sure that I could finish them before Christmas now. All in all, it was a good day. At home, I sat in my recliner and zoned out for an hour. I didn’t have a roommate and enjoyed not having someone to question me about my day. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a person to ask me and provide company on occasion.

Wednesday was another day at work. I went to lunch with Kathy and two other people. As we talked and enjoyed our meals, I realized that I had enjoyed Nadia’s presence yesterday. That worried me because, while our deal didn’t foreclose the possibility of romance, it didn’t encourage it in my mind. When I got home, I called her. Like me, she had just walked in the door.

“Nadia, do you have time to talk?”

“Randy! For you, I have time.”

“I went with three fellow employees to lunch today. I realized that I missed having time with you.” I was quiet.

She jumped in after I said nothing more. “We’ve only eaten lunch during the week once. How can you miss me?”

“I enjoyed our lunch yesterday. I’m looking forward to you coming over tomorrow if we’re still on.”

“We’re still on. Randy, there’s something you should know about me. I keep my promises. I was brought up that way. It’s a big part of who I am.”

She chuckled. “When do you want me to pick you up tomorrow? I’m guessing you want me to come in so you can show me off, too.”

I laughed. “Of course. If for no other reason than to demonstrate to Kathy that you aren’t fat and don’t have buck teeth.”

“What?”

“I told her you were an accountant with a great personality.”

“Randy, you’re a rat!”

“Yes, but a loveable one.”

She was laughing. “No. just a rat. See you tomorrow. A quarter ‘til work for you?”

“Yes, dear.”

“Bye!” She hung up laughing as was I. I went to bed and slept like a rock. In the office the next morning, I told people that my new girl was picking me up for lunch. Kathy told me to be sure to bring her by. I smiled.

Nadia showed up on time and looking good though business-like. I gave her a quick tour including a stop with Kathy who approved. We left and Nadia drove. She took me to the Chinese buffet. We had found that we both liked hot and sour soup and sushi. I asked a blessing for the food and our time and then we ate and talked more about plans for the rest of the season.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.