After the Energists: Start of the 11th Grade - Cover

After the Energists: Start of the 11th Grade

Copyright© 2017 by AL-Canadian

Chapter 8: Walk Like an Egyptian

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8: Walk Like an Egyptian - The fall school year has begun for Mike and the Time Bandettes and his school friends. Things are going superbly for the our Energists enhanced teen but behind the scenes a major surprise is awaiting for him and his friends. This Book 4 is the lead for this major surprise. If you haven't read the preceding book, at least from chapter 40, you may not pickup on all aspects of this story.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   ft/ft   Mult   Teenagers   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Fiction   True Story   Celebrity   School   Sports   DoOver   MaleDom   Light Bond   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Masturbation   Oral Sex   Sex Toys   Squirting  

Medway High School, Arva, Ontario

4:12pm, Friday, October 19, 1979

“Okay, guys, I want to diagram a couple of new formations. I think they will work against these bigger guys,” Coach St. Georges said at half time of our game against Parkside Collegiate.

The score was 10-8 for the Stampeders as Adam Peawtrowski made a 34-yard field goal, while our kicker, Matt Connell, missed a 28-yarder with us picking that single or ‘rouge’ point when the kick went out the back of the large end-zone.

(Note: Canadian rules have any kicked ball that passes through any portion of the end zone, and goes out-of-bounds scores one [1] point. The only exception is on a missed PAT kick.)

“There’s really nothing new involved other than the formations. It’s a 23, 32 or 33 formation with double or triple receivers on both sides. The real change is for you, Smytty and Ron. You’ll be on the line, out wide, with the inside receivers off the line of scrimmage in the ‘backfield’. Gary, you’ll always be on the left side! If you or Mike sees a need ... give a chip-block on their big defensive end, before you run your route. Okay?”

“Got it, (Yes) Coach,” Gary Dander, Bruce Smythe, Ron Woods and I all replied.

“If we have to go no huddle with this, here’s the call and the routes you’ll run. Ron, Smytty, you’ll run our sideline comebacks. Make like your running fly routes and then break it back to the sidelines around 12- to 15-yards. Middle receivers, Chris, Brad, you’ll run posts, our 2 and 8 routes. Gary and Matt, as the inside receivers, you’ll run 5- to 8-yard outs, our 3 and 7 routes. You guys good with those routes IF we go no-huddle with this?” Those six guys and a couple of backups all said ‘yes’ or gave an affirmative nod.

“Now, Mike, I only want you looking to the closest sideline for these receivers, so if we’re to the right of the goal post, focus on Ron’s side, okay. Listen, everybody listen. Mike is gonna yell, ‘Alabama’ for our triples and his passes are going to the left just like in our regular ‘Black’ series. That ‘A’-’L ‘is for left or Smytty’s side. If Mike yells, ‘Arkansas’, then it’s ‘A’-’R’ for the right side, so the focus is to Ron’s side.”

“So, ‘Alabama’, I’m going left to Bruce, Chris or Gary, if I call ‘Arkansas’, I’m going to Ronnie, Brad and Matt?” I asked as a double check for myself and also for my receivers.

“Yes,” Coach replied. “If you want to do the Alabama or Arkansas plays in a 32 or 23 formations then Matt, you’ll stay in the backfield for extra pass protection. Brad, you’ll be the inside receiver on the right side in either the 32 or 23 formations. Chris, you’ll be the middle receiver on the ‘3’ side in those formations. Everybody good? ‘Kay, we’re gonna do that a few times to make their bigger linebackers cover in space. If they have trouble covering, we go with it a bunch, okay?”

“Yes, Sir!” we replied and I rubbed my hands together with glee, as what QB doesn’t like the prospect of slinging the pigskin around the yard.

“Coach, if we’re in 33, can I move back into a shotgun position? I think that will give me a split-second more time to view the three receivers and defense instead of trying to do that while dropping back from center,” I asked with my reasons for that request.

“Paul, get with Mike during the warmup session and practice that. If it’s not there, Mike, take the snaps under center,” Coach said to my center and me as part of our half-time warm up routine.

With the score 17-15 Parkside at the end of the third quarter, our triple wide formations were pretty successful. I was five for six in passing with a 22-yard touchdown pass to Chris, who ran a beautiful corner-post combination route. I was also sacked one time by Erv Daymend, and asked Gary to chip him every time before running his pass routes. That helped Dean Smybarth handle Big Erv’s outside pass rush.

On defense, I had held Adam Peawtrowski to two catches for twenty-six yards, even though Todd Daymend had thrown seven passes towards his favorite receiver. I also had one sack of Todd when I surprised him with a blindsided corner blitz, which Coach St. Georges suggested I do a time or two, if Peawtrowski lined up a slot position on Todd’s blindside.

Adam Peawtrowski missed a 37-yard field goal, but got a single point for Parkside on the second play of the fourth quarter.

With the ball on our 33-yard line, Coach suggested we go to our regular offense for a few plays, so I called a power run and a toss sweep play, which earned us a first down. I called the exact same toss play on first down and it went for another good seven yard gain.

In the huddle for our second and three play, I smiled at my teammates and said, “You guys up for some fun? Let’s go with the same formation and play, Green 38 but let’s add the throw-back to the quarterback option. You up for it Brad?”

“Oh, hell yeah,” my friend whispered with a grin on his face.

“Okay, guys. You’ve got to sell that sweep and I’ll be there for you, Brad. Okay, Green 38, QB throw-back on two. Ready, break!”

Our gimmick play worked like a charm. Even though Brad’s pass back to me was a ‘semi-quacker’, I was open enough that I had time to wait for it to arrive. With Ronnie blocking his defensive back in front of me, I was end-zone bound down the sideline. When I sprinted pass the Parkside bench, I saw Todd Daymend grinning and shaking his blonde head at the play we just pulled against his defense. With Matt’s extra point, we took a 22-18 lead with a little over nine minutes left in the fourth quarter.

On Parkside’s next series, Todd Daymend used their huge offensive line to their advantage and ran five straight times behind his brother, Erv to move the ball to our 42-yard line. After an incomplete play-action pass to their tight-end, our defense had our first major screw up in our ‘Lucas’ defense and it cost us big-time.

I was running stride for stride and in great defensive position against Adam Peawtrowski on a deep post pattern when I somehow got tangled up with Ronnie Wood. Ron had the deep middle zone coverage in our ‘Lucas’ defensive package, and the angle he took to the ball took him right into my running path. With both of us stumbling at full speed, Adam caught Todd’s pass at our 5-yard line for an easy touchdown and a soon to be 25-22 Parkside lead.

“Okay, Mike. We’ve got plenty of time with four-twenty on the clock, and you’ve got one time-out left,” Coach St. Georges said as our team lined up for a kick-off return. You’re still able to use our full offense. If the clock gets under two minutes, though, go to our no-huddle. Use the Alabama-Arkansas calls if you think they’ll work, too.”

“Yes, Sir!” I replied. I then said, “I never saw Ronnie running there. Damn it!”

“Your head ... still no problems?” Coach asked.

I peered over his shoulder and saw Dr. Candi Wellend at the scorer’s-medic’s table. I then chuckled and replied, “Me and my noggin are feeling great, Coach. I’ll feel a lot better, though, leading us down for a tying field goal or winning TD!”

“That is exactly what I wanted to hear from you, Mike. Now go do it!” he replied and pushed me out towards the field after our kickoff return. Brad ran the ball back to our 39-yard line on his kick return.

Brad then ran for seven yards on our first down toss sweep play. I almost threw a costly interception on second down, when my pass to Gary was tipped at the line by Big Erv’s long, tall right hand. On third and three, my receivers were well covered, so I scrambled for eight yards and a first down.

In the huddle, I said, “Let’s spread them out. We’ll go ‘33-Alabama on the first ‘GO’. Gary, chip Erv again for Dean, okay? On the first ‘GO’, guys. Ready, break!”

At the line, I saw that Parkside shifted their linebackers to the outside, behind their defensive ends in a modified 5-2-5 defensive alignment. After I barked out a non-sense call, I yelled, “Ready, GO!” and saw the outside linebacker move with Gary Dander as he ran his short out route. I thought Ron Wood’s deep sideline-comeback route was the best option and threw the ball to a sideline spot fifteen yards down field. Ronnie made a great cut back and easily corralled my pass for a fourteen yard gain to Parkside’s 50-yard line.

For our first down call, I used our ‘33’ or double-trips formation and completed an out route pass to Brad for eleven yards and a first down. With two-twenty-five on the clock, I called a quick hitter run for Matt as a counter to our successful toss swept play, which Brad effectively faked receiving. Matt ran for six-yards before Adam Peawtrowski got him by the ankle or Matt may have gone for a major gainer or touchdown.

Because I saw how Parkside’s linebackers moved out to help cover our inside receivers, and left a huge open area behind their defensive line, I told our guys in the huddle, “If I call Crimson-Tide or Razorbacks, I want you middle receivers to run deep corner routes instead of posts, unlike in the Alabama or Arkansas plays. Got that Chris, Brad?”

“Got it, Cuda, (Mike),” both guys replied.

“Okay, let’s go with ‘23-Arkansas on two. Got it? On two. Ready, break!” I called and moved to the line. With Matt behind me, the Parkside linebackers played in a more normal defensive alignment, which just reinforced a possible play in my mind. On this second and four play, I overthrew Chris on his deep post route. I really wanted a pass interference call on the play but we didn’t get the call from the back judge.

In the huddle I said, “33 – Brown (roll right), Ronnie sideline at 15, Brad run a ‘O’ (hook) at 10 and Matt, a ‘3’ at 5 and keep running cause it probably will be coming to you. On one, guys. On one. Ready, break!”

From a shotgun position I rolled right with the football and saw my primary receiver, Brad’s hook route was covered, so was Bruce’s sideline comeback. I saw that the linebacker was slightly behind Matt on his ‘out-route’. With both Matt and the linebacker running full speed, I decided to pump fake a pass to Matt to sell that action, and then tucked the ball and powered ahead for a six-yard gain and a first down to Parkside’s 27-yard line.

In our huddle I called for an out route to Ron with the ball to be snapped on the ‘second-GO!’ At the line Parkside was in their regular defense against our, ‘22-double tight – “I” formation’. I really stressed the first ‘GO!’ and saw that Parkside’s nose-tackle jumped off-side. With a ‘free play’ I looked first to Gary Dander, my left side tight end, who was running a ‘1-go route’ and saw he was one on one with a smaller safety. However, I never got the chance to throw the ball as Erv Daymend stormed the backfield and pushed Matt Connell into me for a sack.

That ‘sack’ was wiped out due to the Parkside penalty, we had a first and five play from their 22-yard line. I was a little slow getting up and peered at the sidelines. I saw Dr. Wellend and the medic were about ready to sprint onto the field to check on me. I immediately waved at them that I was okay, knowing I’d have to come out for a play if anyone entered the field for an ‘injured’ player.

With a minute and thirty-eight on the clock, I called, “33-Crimson Tide,” in the huddle and looked at Chris and Brad to make sure they knew to run a ‘corner route’ instead of a ‘post’. Their smiles told me they had it, so I then added, “We’ll go on one, guys. Got it? On one. Ready, break!”

From the shotgun, I noted that the Parkside linebackers had once again moved outward and their deep safety was back at their 5-yard line. I thought, ‘If a gap opens up between the tackles, I’m tucking it and taking off up the middle.’ When Paul snapped the ball back to me I purposefully looked at Gary and saw the linebacker go with him. Then I saw what I hoped for; Erv, their right defensive end took an outside pass rush and their right defensive tackle rushed through the guard-center gap. There to my left was a two yard wide hole, and a whole lot of green grass behind it. I tucked the ball under my arm and sprinted into the open field. Because Chris took his man to the corner, I was one-on-one with their safety.

As he attempted a tackle at their 10-yard line, I gave a hard head and shoulder fake to my left and the safety dove to a spot he thought I was going to be. Unfortunately for him, I pushed hard back to my right and ran past him towards the goal line. At the 5-yard line, Adam Peawtrowski, Parkside’s left linebacker wrapped his arms around my waist and our momentum carried us to the two yard line before I fell forward and reached the ball out and over the goal line for a touchdown.

After Adam rolled off of me, and before I could get up, I was swarmed by my teammates and struggled to catch my breath under the massive pile of jubilant Cowboys. The refs gave us a little time to celebrate and then I barely heard them saying, “Let’s go, Red! You don’t want a penalty for celebrating!”

When my teammates rolled off of me, I knelt on one knee and asked, “Gonna need time, Ref! I got my ankle stepped on during that play.”

When Coach St. Georges, the medic and Dr. Wellend ran out on the field, I was sitting under the goal posts, holding my left ankle, while still struggling to catch my breath.

(Note: The football goal posts are at the goal line in Canadian football, not at the back of the end-zone as in American football.)

“What happened, Mike?” Coach asked as he knelt down beside me.

“Got my damn left ankle stepped on in that pile, Coach. I should be okay, but thought you better put someone else in for me to block here,” I replied.

“You mean I ran all the way out here for a tender ankle?” Dr. Candi chided me with a grin on her face.

“Sorry ‘bout you getting a little exercise, Doc,” I laughed as she took my ankle in her hands and felt all around it.

“You didn’t get it rolled on or twisted, did you?” she asked.

“No, Ma’am. Just stepped on by a teammate’s shoe; see that cleat mark on my sock?”

“Alrighty, then. Let’s get you up and out of here,” Coach said as he and the medic gave me a hand to my feet.

“You’re good to walk, Mike?” Dr. Wellend asked as she saw me take a few ginger steps.

“Yeah, Doc. It’s a little tender but I’ve had worse ankle injuries.” About half way to our bench, I decided to run and test it out, hoping to convince Coach I was good to go in for Parkside’s final offensive drive.

After Matt kicked the extra point, we were up 28-25 with a minute-twenty-six on the game clock. Parkside had two time-outs to use, so I knew there was plenty of time to move into field goal range. Adam Peawtrowski, their ‘iffy-aged’ kicker had a strong leg and had made two field goals over 50-yards already this season.

During our kickoff, Coach asked me, “Is your ankle good to go?”

“Yeah, I did a few sprints and cuts ... it feels okay, Coach.”

“Alright, Mike. If Peawtrowski lines up in the slot to their QB’s left, I want you to do another corner blitz. I expect they’ll be looking for you to shadow ‘42’ (Adam’s jersey number) wherever he goes. Hopefully, we can catch them by surprise, again.”

“I like it, Coach. I like it, a lot!” I replied with a huge grin on my face.

With the ball on Parkside’s 41-yard line after their kick return, there was a minute and seventeen seconds on the clock. Todd completed a 14-yard pass to their tight-end for a first down at mid-field or the ‘Canadian-55-yard-line’. His next long pass was broken up by Ron Wood and Brad. On second and ten, I smiled because Adam lined up in the left slot. I tapped my hips to let Ronnie know I was going to blitz on this play, so he’d know I was letting Adam run free off the line.

Just prior to the snap, when Todd Daymend looked to the other side of the field, I took a few creeper steps towards the line of scrimmage to build some momentum. When the ball was snapped, I was off like a rocket to where I felt Todd would be after he dropped back to pass. Parkside’s quarterback and my future friend never saw me coming. I was darn near at his drop back spot when he got set to pass, and drilled him with my left shoulder pad in the small of his back. I heard my teammates, coaches and the crowd yelling, “FUMBLE!” as I rolled off Todd to find where the ball might be. I smiled as I watched Matt Connell, our left defensive end, dive onto the loose ball and pull it into his stomach.

When the referee yelled, “Red ball!” I immediately turned to Todd and offered him a hand up off our semi-muddy grass field.

“How the hell did you get back here that fast, Mike? I feel like a fr-freight-train just ste-eam rolled ma-me,” Todd asked and then somewhat groggily stated.

“Todd, drop to a knee, man. Let the Doc take a look at you, bud,” I told him as he almost tripped over a blade of grass. “Doc! Doc!” I yelled and waved for Dr. Wellend to come out onto the field.

The Parkside coaches, the medic and Dr. Wellend were at Todd’s side in a flash. I jogged back over to our sideline to wait for Todd to be examined and helped off the field. Coach told us we’d have to get one first down to run out the clock because Parkside still had those two time-outs left.

After Todd was helped to the sidelines, I saw Dr. Wellend performing a few concussion tests with the blonde haired Parkside quarterback. I hated to see him dinged up like that and I thought to the Energist, ‘Can you help him recover as quick as I did, please!’

In the back of my mind, a mental picture flashed in my visual cortex, which said, ‘Todd will be good to practice on Monday. He was not injured as bad as you were last Friday.’

We ran three plays, two power runs with Matt and Brad, sandwiched around a toss swept to Brad, which earned us the first down we needed to run out the clock. After we ran two kneel down plays, I turned to Brad and Matt, and the three of us shared a hug after that hard fought victory.

After our two teams shook hands at midfield, I ran over to the Parkside bench to check on Todd, who was still being checked out by Dr. Wellend.

My quarterbacking friend said, “Must be nice to have your own personal physician come to your games.” I couldn’t help but laugh at Todd’s statement. I then put my hand on Dr. Wellend’s shoulder and said, “Looks like we both may have our own beautiful lady doc, Todd. How’s this guy doing, D-C?”

“D-C?” Todd softly asked.

“Doctor Candi,” I replied and patted her shoulder as she used her right hand to test Todd’s vision.

“He’s definitely in a lot better shape then you were last Friday and Saturday when I saw you,” Dr. Wellend replied as she stood up in front of him. “I think if you take it easy for the weekend and maybe Monday, you should be okay to do some non-contact practices. Do you have a game next week, Todd?”

“Yes, Ma’am. We have a home game against Voaden.”

“Isn’t that the same team who...” Dr. Wellend asked.

“Yuppers, they’re the ones who K-O’ed me,” I said.

“I-ah-aye! Try not to take anymore wicked shots like Mike just laid on you,” Dr. Candy said with an eye roll.

“That would be a good thing to avoid,” the six-one and one-hundred and eighty pound quarterback chuckled and reached up to shake my hand. “Hey bud, I’m not sure I’m gonna be calling you, wishing you a speedy recovery anymore, if you’re gonna freight train me like that!”

“I didn’t hit you high, though,” I replied as I smiled at my friend.

“Yes, but the whiplash effect on his head and neck from that hit was still pretty major,” Dr. Wellend interjected. “Todd, if you’re neck and shoulders start to hurt, try to get a massage and put some heat on it ... just not until tomorrow at the earliest.”

“Sure thing, Doc.”

“Do you still want to talk with me, D-C?” I asked as I smiled at the five-foot-three-inch brunette doctor.

“If you want to run and get showered, that would be good. I need to talk with Todd’s coaches about his practice routines for next week. You gave and took a few good shots out there, so I wouldn’t mind checking you out while I’m here,” she replied with a sexy smile.

“See you over by that door, there. Hopefully, I’ll be out in fifteen.” I looked down at my blonde friend and said, “I know you’ll be good to go on Monday, Todd. Take it easy and, uh, put a major hurting on Voaden for me, would you?”

“You played really well, Mike. Have a great weekend and take care of yourself, Bud.”

After I talked briefly with the Time Bandettes, Liz, Kalena, Jason and a few other friends, I went into the locker room to shower and change. Even though Brad and I combined for all our touchdowns; Brad ran and threw for a touchdown, and I threw, caught and ran for three touchdowns, we still were the babies of the team and had last go with the hot showers. When Brad and I walked out of the locker room, Coach St. George, Coach Loft and Coach Pierce, plus our friends were talking outside with Dr. Wellend about the game.

“These two guys are in the eleventh grade? My goodness, Coach. With some decent support players you’ll have an offensive juggernaut on your hands for the next couple of years!” Dr. Wellend stated as Brad and I got hugs from Liz and Brick, and then the other girls.

“You guys were beasts out there!” Liz said once again as Brad wrapped his arm around his girl’s shoulder.

“Is your ankle and your coconut okay, Cuda?” Brick asked as she put her hands on the cheeks of my coconut.

“The head is good, the ankle will need some icings and a couple of aspirins,” I replied and then looked at D-C after smiling at Brick and Lynette.

“Speaking of your head, I wouldn’t mind stealing Mike for a few minutes to do a few simple tests,” Dr. Wellend stated.

“On his mushy brain cells?” Cano chuckled as she punched me on my shoulder as I stepped through the girls to walk to a set of wooden bleachers with Dr. Wellend.

“Thankfully, they weren’t too mushy. You made some great decisions out there, Mike,” Coach Pierce said as he smacked my rear shoulder as we walked away from the coaches and students.

As we sat on the middle row of the wooden bleachers, Dr. Wellend used her pen light to check on my eye’s responsiveness. When she asked me to follow her finger as she moved it around, she said, “If, uh, the little note on my business card got your attention, I, uh, wouldn’t object if maybe... you might want to make a house call, you know ... to my 19th floor apartment at ‘One-London-Place’ on Queens Ave.”

(Note: One-London-Place was built in 1998, and is the tallest building in Southwestern Ontario. It’s a luxury twenty-four floor office-apartment complex in the heart of downtown London. I just accelerated its completion to use it in my 1979 story.)

“Are you, uh, working next Friday? I wouldn’t mind going down and watching the Parkside-Voaden game at 1pm, and then...”

“I’m working my usual eleven-to-seven-shift next Friday night, so I wouldn’t mind going to that game with you, and then ... maybe you could check my apartment out?” Doctor Candi said to and then asked of me.

“The 19th floor for number 19 ... that’s as positive of an omen, if I ever heard one. So yeah, I’d like to go to that game with you and then take a tour of you ... your high-rise apartment. Do you want to ride with me to Parkside?”

As she told me to turn slowly as far as I could to the left and the right, she put her hands on my neck and shoulders, and said, “We can take your car or my Mercedes Coupe convertible. What time should we meet and where?”

“I’ll get out of school at noon, and can be at your place by twelve-fifteen-ish. I’ve got a ‘71 Barracuda, so you decide if we take your convertible or my muscle machine?” I asked with a smile.

“Oh, I do like muscles,” Doctor Candi replied as she squeezed the trapezius and deltoid muscles in my neck and shoulders. “I can’t wait to ride in and ... on all your big muscles.” With those words, Dr. Candi slapped both of my shoulders and stood up on the wooden bleacher.

“So, uh, unless something comes up, I’ll see you between twelve-fifteen and twelve-thirty at One-London Place. Is the front entrance off Queens Avenue or...” I asked with a shrug of my shoulders.

“Yes, I’ll be out front on Queens waiting for your muscular chariot to arrive and give me a lift,” Dr. Candi chuckled as we walked back to my larger group of friends.

“Mushy or not mushy?” Brick exclaimed as we approached.

“There’s nothing mushy about Mike, now,” Dr. Wendell replied as she backhanded my left upper arm. She then added, “Take good care of him, Time Bandettes, so I don’t have to deal with mushy Mike, again.”

“We’ll do our best, Dr. Wellend,” Lynette replied and then winked at Brick.

“I’m out of here. I hope to see you guys again ... at a concert, not in the ER!” Dr. Wellend said as she shook hands with Eda, Brick, Sammy and Lynette. She waved at the rest of my friends and teammates, and headed out to the front of the school where I’m guessing her Mercedes coupe convertible was parked.

“Who’s up for Kelsey’s on Oxford?” Ronnie asked our large group of players, girlfriends and other students.

“We’d be there ‘till seven-o’clock waiting for tables with this humongous crowd!” Matt Connell said.

“We, our merry band of misfits can, uh, hit someplace like Red Lobster or McGinnis Landing over on Oxford West,” Sammy said as she eyed most of the eleventh graders in the crowd.

“I’m for Red Lobster,” I said as I held up my hand.

“The Lobster is good for us,” Eda replied as she nodded to Brick.

“I hate having to split up our crew, but it probably would get us seated and eating a lot faster,” Janice Hurt said as she had her hands around Ronnie Wood’s left upper arm.

“So, is it the ‘twelves and above’ at Kelsey’s and the elevens and under at Red Lobster?” Liz asked to help clarify things.

“I hate it but that sounds like the best option,” Cathy Cromartie said with Bruce Smythe hugging her from behind.

“Everybody’s welcome to come to my place ... say seven-thirty, eight-o’clock,” Sammy added.

“Oh, are we gonna have a pre-Halloween jam session?” Jennifer Rathje asked as she put most of her body’s weight on her good right foot. Today was her first day off crutches, and I bet her left ankle was a little sore from walking on it in her ‘boot’.

“Are you gonna play along with us, at least on a few songs, Jenn?” Cano asked.

“Yeah, girl! You haven’t sat in with us in like, forever!” Brick exclaimed.

“I think I can toot my horns on a song or two. I’ve got my saxophones in the trunk of my car.” Jennifer traded in her Ford Ranger pickup for a metallic blue, 1977 Toyota Celica just before school started in September.

“We, uh, better make it eight, Sammy for people to get to your place. I still think with this many people on a Friday night, it might be tough...” I said as I waved my hand over the thirty to forty students milling about.

“Eight is good. We’ll find something to do ‘till then, if we’re done eating before eight,” Bruce replied.

“We’ll see you around eight, then,” Sammy replied and we all started to move towards the two parking areas at Medway.

As we were walking to the rear parking area, I saw Tempe Sullivan walking with the same older, dirty blonde girl who was with her at our Sunday concert at the Aoelian Hall concert. Even though we were heading in the opposite direction, I yelled, “Hey Tempe! We’re going to Red Lobster! Wanna go?”

The pretty, petite blonde stopped and looked at her friend/sister for a moment and then yelled back, “Thanks, but not tonight, Mike!”

“That’s more words and the most volume I’ve ever heard from Tempe,” Sammy said as she looked at me and Lynette.

“Glad you tried, Cuda ... to get that pretty little wallflower to come out,” Cano said with a smile.

“You want to drop your car off at my place, Cano, and then you can ride with me?” Sammy asked as we neared our vehicles.

“Nah, I’m gonna run by and pick up Randy. I’ll see you guys at the Lobster as quick as possible.”

“You wanna get squashed up in the back seat with E, Sammy?” I asked with a grin on my face.

“Ahhh, no! Matter of fact, make that a hell no!” our redheaded friend replied with a grand, arms wide gesture. “Why don’t you park the ‘Cuda, Cuda, and your truck, Brad at my place? Then, all six of us can ride in my Bronco to the Lobster.”

“‘Kay by me,” Brad replied with Liz at his side.

I looked at Brick, and when she shrugged her shoulders, I said, “See you at your ‘Casa, Sa-matty!”


Labatt Guest House

7:50pm, Friday, Oct. 19, 1979

“So are we going to play those new Halloween songs for these yahoos or should we wait ‘till the dance to play them?” Sammy asked as we pulled our guitars and the other ‘moveable’ instruments from the closet.

“I’ll leave that up to you ladies to decide. I’m good either way,” I replied with my two electric guitar cases in my hands.

“I’m all for practicing them. Having a little feedback from your friends can’t hurt, either,” Eda replied as she set up the guitar stands for Sammy and me.

“I’m a ‘practice-er’, too,” Brick stated while plugging in the wireless transmitter to her Rickenbacker bass guitar.

“I guess we’ll get some practice in for those songs, then,” Cano replied.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.