Dear John
Chapter 32

Copyright© 2017 by Matt Moreau

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 32 - He's a soldier overseas. She send him the letter: bad news.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Tear Jerker   Cheating   Slow  

Our wedding was only a couple of weeks after the kids’ graduation. It was a small affair, but it was in Vegas, which was an all day trip for us, but we went up the night before to get a room and kind of kick back. The ceremony was on the strip and scheduled for 1:00 p.m. the next day, Saturday, the 3rd.

I was mortally disappointed that my daughters weren’t there. I had half expected the two of them to show up, and maybe even with the eight year-old Ronald in tow. But, they hadn’t. We took our vows quite formally. Claire Cunningham acted as maid of honor. Jeff was my best man and Harriet was in charge of the rice. And that was it, just the five of us. We did have a good time at the Nugget eating and hurrahing the place after the ceremony. For a tiny wedding it was nice. I highly recommend Vegas to anybody. Glitzy it was, kind of crazy, but nice, and fun and quite legal. We were a new married couple. And Rina’d gotten her wish to be a June bride.

We’d decided to stay the night, and have breakfast in the morning, before heading back to Tucson. It was then we got the surprise of the weekend. The twins showed up to have breakfast with us. Ronald was not with them.

“So, you decided to come” I said, my tone was not necessarily unfriendly.

“Daddy, this is for you. We’re buying this morning,” said Mia.

“Hmm, fine,” I said. “So how have you been?”

“Yes, girls we are very glad you could make it today,” said Rina, trying to lighten the mood a bit.

“We’ve been fine. We wish we could have been here yesterday. But...” said Sarah.

“You could have been,” I said, “You were invited.”

“Dad, we can’t choose between you and Mom. But for the record, Mom finally outted herself about what she’d done that day, said Mia.

“Did she now? So?” I said.

“So we kinda understand why you are being so—something,” said Sarah. I nodded.

“And I’m supposed to be, do, think, what,” I said.

“If we have our druthers, Dad, you would talk to Mom and maybe have a little bit of forgiveness to loan her,” said Mia.

“Just loan her?” I said. “What does that even mean?”

“Dad, it means give her a chance to prove that she’s not the evil witch of the East, and maybe mend some fences,” said Mia. I stared at her.

I looked across the room to Rina. She and Harriet had moved themselves to an empty table to have a private moment, or, maybe to let me and my daughters have a moment; I wasn’t sure. They looked to becoming fast friends. It was a good thing from my point of view, but something that could maybe become a problem at some point in the distant future. Claire had had to return right after the service, family problems: her boyfriend’s family.

“Honey?” I said, calling to her. She’d heard what was going on and she shrugged.

“I’ll support whatever you want to do,” she said, not even waiting to hear what the “whatever” was. God! how I was loving this woman.

“Okay Mia, I guess I can push the envelope one more time since she apparently finally outted herself though I really had wanted to be there to hear it myself. But that’ll be it. And, Mia, I’m not kidding. There have been way too many things...”

“Oh Daddy thank you,” screamed Mia. Sarah was the first to hug me, but Mia was only a nano second behind her.

I had serious reservations about capitulating like this, but maybe it would be all right.


In spite of the commitment to talk to the woman and maybe mend some fences, as the girls intimated, I was in no hurry to rush up to Phoenix and mess with the residents of castle Cord. An opportune moment would likely be in the offing and that rather sooner than later. At any rate, we’d be seeing.

My cheapo phone rang and I answered it. It was Ronald! “Dad?” he said.

“Ronald?” I said. It was the first call I’d ever gotten from him. The twins yes, but not Ronald.

“Dad could you come to my game next weekend?” he said. Well, they’d picked the one ambassador that I could absolutely not refuse. I wouldn’t have refused either of the twins either, but Ronald for some reason seemed way overkill for such a request. I guess the twins were hedging their bets in spite of my having told them that I would allow myself to be in the same place at the same time as the woman.

Our call lasted some minutes. He told me all about his soccer game. I wasn’t an aficionado of the sport, but I had a general idea of the game. But I wasn’t going to the game to watch him play soccer anyway; I was going to have fun and to be proud of him regardless of how he played. Oh, and I was certain that I was going to be pressed to forgive the woman the unforgivable. Rina seemed to be in a good mood. She was a strange one in some respects. She never seemed to give a damn what anyone thought or said about her. In that she was the exact opposite of me.


After Ronald’s call, I got another one from Owen. He invited us to stay in the guest house overnight rather than have to drive up the day of the game or to motel it if we were to come up the night before. I demurred. We’d see about any rapprochement after our meet up with Abigail. If that worked out we’d be going to stage two but not before. The man didn’t push it.

We had indeed come up the night before and we had stayed in a local motel. It was only $45 per night, so it didn’t kill us financially.

The game was at 1:00 p.m. I had driven my truck which was older than Jesus at this point, but I had kept it in good shape mechanically. One day soon though I’d be needing to trade up to a newer model. We could afford it. We didn’t waste money and we didn’t buy much, so getting another used truck wouldn’t be a huge burden.

We got to the park, where the game was to be played, a little early, but the Cords were already there. The twins saw us and came to escort us to their spot.

I was so nervous that I actually felt faint. And no, I didn’t faint; I just felt like it. Apart from the Cords, Jeff and Harriet were there, and a couple of friends of Owen. Rina and I were seated a few feet away from Abigail who mouthed me a greeting and Rina too, but didn’t approach us or make any effort to sit by us. I relaxed. I just nodded my acknowledgment of her voiceless greeting.


The Cords more or less hung together and Rina and I just sort of sat and observed. Jeff and Harriet actually sat between us and them. I didn’t know if that was by design or if it just worked out that way. I guessed it didn’t matter.

“You know anything about soccer?” said Jeffrey.

“Not really,” I said. I mean I know you can’t use your hands. Mostly it’s a matter of kicking the ball into the other teams net.”

“Wow! You knew more than I thought you might. I mean I know you were a jock at one time, but football, not soccer, and there is damn little relationship between the two,” he said.

“Yeah well, I’ve seen it on TV some. It’s better than watching golf or soap operas,” I said.

“Rina, you know anything about the game?’ I said. It hadn’t occurred to me to ask her.

“A little, I played in high school but that was forever ago,” she said.

“Hah! I learn something every day,” I said.

The teams rushed out on the field.

I hadn’t seen Ronald until now. He and the rest of his team had ben cloistered with their coach, presumably one of the dads. I’d learn later that the uniforms and the equipment that the team had were new and had been supplied by you know who—Owen Cord Inc.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.