Hairy Roadtrip
Chapter 18

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

The men started bidding ... as a lot and as individuals. The women were NOT pleased. Finally Karen, as the “local” started to grin, chuckle and got in on the bidding.

This turn of events shocked the guys. Then I started to laugh.

I ALMOST considered complaining about the high prices for used merchandise ... and we all know where THAT would lead ... sleeping in the bunkhouse with the smelly cats.

Once was enough ... a surfeit of skunks was two too many. I kept my mouth shut.

From the looks of things I had to think that there were decisions made by the ladies that I had yet to understand. They were too damn comfortable with themselves.

John struck up a C F G progression ... probably to change the subject ... Thank you, Mr. Q. Johnny fingered out a little lead. John started out with the intro.

“C F C
Dream on Dream on teenage queen
F C G7 C
Prettiest girl we’ve ever seen

Johnny thumped out a little four note guitar lead.

Mr. Q nodded, grinned and sang the story:

C F C
There’s a story in our town

G7 C
Of the prettiest girl around

F C
Golden hair and eyes of blue

G7 C
How those eyes could flash at you

About then Karen noticed the Gibson in my lap and took it ... both away from me and the lead guitar part of the song. Mr. Q winked at me and started over, singing it straight through.

Sally found a Fender Precision, Johnny hooked her up with a 50 watt yellow tweed Bassman twin twelve. She started in.

Amy spotted a Slingerland snare and a stick and commenced to tap out a hesitant but on time beat. Johnny hunted up an old bass drum and a throne.

Mr. Q started over and suddenly there was music ... not just messing around ... music.

Wendy looked around and found a tattered violin case. opened and brought out a decent fiddle ... she fumbled around, found the rosin and tightened up the bow ... the note moaned ... the girl could play.

<Get the banjo.>

I don’t know how to play the banjo.

<Get the banjo.>

You guys...

<Get the banjo.>

I got the Vega long neck five string and Roz took it away.

Rachel snapped her fingers at Johnny and he handed her his ivory Gretch Country Gentleman.

Mr. Q looked at the rest, “Any other players? We might as well get it settled. Johnny, get your pedal steel. And give that drummer girl a cymbal. You play anything?” That was directed at me.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.