Hairy Roadtrip - Cover

Hairy Roadtrip

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 16

HAIRY ROADTRIP .16

“What’s for breakfast?” I asked. Amy was occupying the second seat.

“Karen said we’re going to the Silver Spur ... what she said was ... we girls are going to the Spur. She didn’t say anything about you.”

I heard the sound of a geared starter and the Dodge roared.

“I gotta go, bye.” Amy wiped, stood, pulled up panties and fluffed out her skirt. She trotted over to the Town Wagon and loaded up ... she was the last.

Karen looked in her mirrors and shifted the New Process truck four speed into first, bypassing “Grannie,” and headed south to the cattle guard. She turned left on to Wolf Creek Road. Sally walked by the outhouse and waved ... I waved back.

I heard the coal shovel loading the buckets ... pretty soon ... Sally went past again and I relaxed.

“Ahh,”

Maybe someday I’ll be able to shit in the presence of other people ... not today. I wiped, hitched up my belt and headed for the house. She hadn’t changed the locks ... and from the smell of MY room, she’s been sleeping in my bed ... she hadn’t moved my clothes though.

I found a new ... well ... clean ... outfit, grabbed a clean towel and discovered the joy of instant hot water.

Marvelous!

The Cosmo was in the garage ... time to reacquaint the neighborhood to my presence. There was a battery charger hooked up. I unhooked it, backed out and admired the driveway. Right at the cattle guard ... left at the Dayton cut-across ... breakfast to the Branding Iron ... it wasn’t the Spur but it’s pretty good.

“Hairy! Hairy Medicinewolf!” exclaimed the waitress. “You’re back. How was Denver? I hear you learned to fly.”

She proceeded to bend my ear until the “Order up” bell dinged. Mind now ... I hadn’t ordered ... I couldn’t get my foot in the door ... so to speak. Mindy jumped up and grabbed the order ... stopped at my table and delivered it. She dropped a second plate of B&G, two eggs over, dry toast, and a burger steak ... runny ... just like mine ... across from me, sat back down and finished the gossip while her mother waited tables.

The Arrowhead Lodge Pickle Juice Affair seemed to be the High Light event of the year

My cup never ran out of coffee and my ear never ran out of gossip.

I grabbed the ticket, walked to the register and paid. Mindy’s mom said, “Hi Hairy, staying long?”

“I was going to speak to the neighbors ... just to let them know...”

“Don’t bother,” she nodded at the south table. Mindy was in full song. “Mindy will tell all.”

Now I needed something to do.

I went to Metzger’s Merch to check on the freezer ... it was full ... Karen.

I stopped at the Shell for an oil change... 2000 miles to go ... Karen.

I went by Taylor Sand and Gravel to settle up for the drive ... Karen paid.

I thought I’d go see Davy ... Manda said he was out to breakfast with a bunch of women ... guess who ... yup ... Karen.

I drove past the Spur ... packed ... even the Eagles parking was full, so I went to the Two Bit.

“Hi Hairy,” John said.

“Mr. Q. and Johnny,” I replied.

“What can I do you out of,” said Johnny.

“I thought I’d see about that buffalo robe,” I said.

“Can’t,” he replied. “Karen bought it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.