Ahead of the Curve
Chapter 2: Honesty About Lies

Copyright© 2017 by Chase Shivers

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2: Honesty About Lies - Ahead of the Curve is a redemptive romance between a retired, older man and a fifteen-year old young woman who find themselves drawn together in the middle of a difficult situation. The story features heartbreak and hope, a path which won't always be easily followed, and an introspective journey by two people who are challenged at every step in their relationship.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/ft   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Fiction   Tear Jerker   Anal Sex   Cream Pie   First   Oral Sex   Menstrual Play  

Chapter Cast:

Darren, Male, 53
- Narrator, retired, father of Gwen and Victoria (Vic)
- 5’11, beige skin, 195lbs, cropped greying brown hair
Audrey, Female, 15
- High school student, daughter of Duncan and Theresa
- 5’9, pale skin, 135lbs, light-green eyes, straight auburn hair over her shoulders


Sunday morning I felt awful. I wished, honestly, that I wouldn’t have to face Audrey again. The odd friendship we’d started to develop the day before had been abruptly destroyed, so it seemed to me. I wanted to push her visit quickly into my past and move on.

It wasn’t to be.

A knock at my door as I sat in the den watching a movie drew me to a conversation with Joyce.

“Oh, Darren! Good, you’re home!” she said as I welcomed her inside. The woman looked upset.

“What’s wrong, Joyce?”

“Oh, nothing terrible. Herman’s caught a cold overnight. Coughing and feeling nauseous. Not feeling great myself. These things run through us hard and slow, Darren. Hard and slow. Not looking forward to the week ahead. Gonna be rough on us. Gonna be rough. Say,” the woman said, barely taking a breath between sentences, “I hate to do it, but I think I must ask a favor.”

“Of course,” I replied, always willing to help the couple out over the years.

“Could Audrey stay with you the rest of her visit? I hate to ask that, but I don’t want her picking up this crud. Might be too late, never know. Might be too late, but if not, she’s going to pick it up if she stays with us. No two ways about it. Is there any way she could stay here? We’ll give you a check to cover her food and whatnots.”

I stammered for a reply, not wanting to have the issue between me and Audrey forced so suddenly back into my head. “I uh ... I...”

“I know it’s a bother, Darren. A real bother. She’ll keep out of your way. You got that pool, she’ll be fine. Don’t each much, either, and she can cook herself, I’ve seen it. I’ll tell her to make you dinner while she’s here. Please...”

The woman’s insistent cadence made it hard to argue with her. “Of course.”

“Oh, Darren. You are a dear. Thank you so much. So much indeed. I’ll go fetch her over here straightaway.”

With that, Joyce turned and headed back out the door, leaving me to wonder what the hell I’d just agreed to do.


Audrey said nothing as she sat next to the pool. She’d been at my place all of an hour already without saying a single word. I’d tried twice to offer her a snack or something to drink, but she’d ignored me.

I let her stew in whatever hell she was in. I couldn’t manage my own so well, either.

I returned to my movie and settled in with a scotch and some popcorn.


I had just started a second movie when a heavy thump beside me startled me out of a light doze. Audrey was on the couch, two cushions over. She stared at the screen. A glass holding a liquid looking suspiciously like scotch was in her hand. “What are you watching?” the teen asked in a near-growl.

“Um ... Deadpool.”

“Haven’t seen it.”

“Well ... it’s good.”

We sounded like two people too angry to speak normally, but not quite angry enough to wholly ignore that the other existed. I wasn’t angry, just frustrated and dreading the inevitable confrontation to come.

Within ten minutes, the movie’s sharp, running comedic style had changed her mood. Audrey was laughing hysterically at Ryan Reynold’s quips through the fourth wall, and, whatever dark mood had settled in overnight, her spirits seemed lighter for a couple of hours.

The funny sex scenes were awkward for me, but nothing too bad. Audrey laughed throughout, and that kept me from fixating on anything arousing about what we were watching.

When it ended, I asked, “hungry?” I hadn’t mentioned the scotch.

“Yeah.”

“Let’s order pizza.”

“Or I could make a pizza...”

“You want to?” I asked.

“I do.” She sounded quite a bit happier than earlier.

“Doubt I’ve got what we need here, but if you want to ride with me to the store...”

“Okay.”


We spoke little on the quick trip, avoiding completely what had happened the night before. Together, we gathered the ingredients and headed home.

I offered my help in the kitchen, but Audrey literally shooed me away. I shrugged and let her know I’d be by the pool reading.

An hour or so later, the teen poked her head out to hand me a timer and to say, “Needs to cook about twenty minutes. I’m gonna swim.”

“Sounds good.”

Audrey paused in the doorway. “You gonna swim?”

“I hadn’t planned on it.”

“Oh.” The door closed firmly.

A moment later, the teen returned. Instead of the revealing bright-orange two-piece, Audrey wore a slick, black one-piece with a high neck line and full coverage of her hips. If she was trying to look less sexy, she only partially succeeded.

Without a look at me, the fifteen-year old dove into the deep end and slipped under the water with a loud splash. I stood and went to my bedroom, and found myself putting on my swim trunks. Something in Audrey’s voice made me want to not disappoint her again. I returned to the pool. Audrey watched as I mimicked her dive and then laughed as I resurfaced. “Nicely done, Darren.”

“Appreciated.”

“Thanks for joining me.” There was sincerity and happiness in her tone. It made me feel warm.

We swam idly without another word. The timer on the table beeped and Audrey rushed out of the water. I didn’t turn to be tempted by watching her dry her body.

“Come on, Darren. It’s ready,” she called to me as she went inside.

I joined her slowly, taking my time to fully dry off and slipping into my bedroom to rinse off in the shower and put on a robe. I considered more conservative attire, but it was my house, and I was comfortable in the robe.

“Good timing,” she told me when I settled at the dining room table. “I whipped up a salad from what you had in the fridge to go with.”

Audrey pushed a bowl in front of me along with a bottle of vinaigrette, a steaming pizza resting cut and ready to eat on an oven mitt in the center of the table. Audrey sat next to me and raised her glass of what I assumed was another scotch. I chose not to mention it again.

“Cheers,” she offered.

“Cheers.” I eyed the pizza. It had olive oil and parsley, fresh garlic and mozzerella, along with slices of roma tomato and roasted red peppers. “This looks amazing, Audrey.”

She beamed. “Thanks. I like to cook.”

We both dug in. The salad was a salad. I didn’t exactly have a good selection, so there was only so much she could do with iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, and green peppers, but it was a good starter.

But that pizza. My goodness, was it delicious. “I’ve never had a better pie.” She looked at me like I was lying. “Seriously. This is amazing. You should think about selling your recipe to Domino’s or something.”

She laughed, then shook her head. “Domino’s is crap.”

“Agree. Especially compared to this.”

She grinned.

“Thanks, Audrey. This is a really nice treat.”

She nodded and looked down. “Thanks for a place to stay ... Herman and Joyce are ... funny about medical stuff. If you hadn’t let me stay here they were going to send me home...”

“Damn ... But, uh ... wouldn’t you rather just go home? I mean...” I knew we had to talk about it sometime, so I said, “after last night ... Audrey...”

“I’m sorry,” she said, beating me to it. “I shouldn’t have acted like that. It’s not your fault.”

“You’re sorry? No! I’m the one who should be sorry. Audrey, I didn’t mean to say anything to hurt you. That’s the opposite of what I wanted. I’m so sorry I made you mad.”

She offered a weak grin. “Okay ... we’re both sorry.” The teen looked away. “It’s just ... None of it is true...”

“What?”

“None of what they told you ... I made it all up.”

“None of what ... about you having sex?” I said, trying to stay calm.

Audrey nodded. “All of it. About having sex. Having boyfriends. Being wild. It’s all bullshit.”

“I ... I don’t know what to say ... Why would you make that up?” I wasn’t so sure she wasn’t just lying to me to cover up the truth, not that I cared whether she’d had a hundred lovers or none.

Audrey shrugged. “I just ... We move around a lot, you know? Mom’s work and all. When we moved to Buffalo, I just ... I had started to ... grow ... in places and I thought it would be cool for people to think, you know ... I had experience. It kinda backfired...”

“Your mom freaked out, and the people you wanted to impress thought you were a slut...”

“Exactly. Just like you did.”

“I didn’t think that...”

“No?”

“Someone having sex, even having a lot of it with several partners ... I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that. I mean ... I don’t want that for my daughters at their age, I’m their father, after all, but ... it doesn’t make someone less worthy of whatever ... It just means you have sex. Nothing more.”

“Ah ... yeah, I like that. I mean ... I want to have sex, I just ... Everyone thinks I already have, so ... if they find out I haven’t ... they’ll hate me worse...”

“I doubt that.”

Audrey gave me a look I knew meant that she wasn’t going to be challenged on her knowledge of her friends from someone like me. I decided to pick my battles carefully.

“Fair enough. You’re right.”

“I know.” Audrey softened. It looked like a weight had lifted from her. I know I felt that way, as well. “So ... now you know my secret fake life. Audrey the tramp is a lie.”

We sat quietly a while before I said carefully, “Audrey ... can I ask why it bothered you that ... that I thought you were...”

“A ho?”

“Your words, not mine.”

“A ho.” She sucked in her breath and looked past me. “I dunno. It just did. I guess I wanted to keep my promise about not teasing ... that was kinda part of my ... my lie that everyone ‘knows’ about me. When you reacted like you did ... I dunno ... I wanted you to ... think better of me, I guess.”

I decided she needed proof that I did. “I hear you are graduating two years early. That’s pretty damn impressive.

Audrey smiled, “Thanks. I worked hard to do it. Can’t wait to go to college and get out of Buffalo.”

“Picked a college yet?”

“Not officially. But ... the University of Houston has the program I want...”

“Oh,” I said, slowly letting that idea take form, “oh ... I see.”

“I don’t have to decide for a few months ... was hoping to run by the campus while I was here and take a look. With Joyce and Herman down for the count...”

“I’ll be glad to take you. It would be a pleasure.”

“Yeah?”

“Tomorrow?”

“Great!” she exclaimed. Before I could move, Audrey leapt from her chair and wrapped her arms around me. I returned her hug. “Thanks, Darren.”

“You’re welcome.”


Monday morning came early for me when I heard splashing in the pool. Unlike my daughters, it seemed Audrey was a consistent early riser. I found coffee already made, and a note on the stove said that there were fresh muffins in the dessert box on the counter. Damn, that girl knew how to be a houseguest.

I grabbed a cup and a muffin and joined the teen by the pool.

“Hey, Audrey,” I called when she paused by the edge. “Thanks for the breakfast. This muffin is fantastic.”

She grinned and pretended to curtsey in the water. “No problem. I thought you might enjoy that.”

“Want to go up to Uni after I get caffeinated?”

“For sure!”

“Give me twenty.”


After a visit to my bedroom to change into something more presentable than my robe, I found Audrey at the kitchen table using her laptop. “Ready?” I asked.

“One sec.” She stared at the screen and I could see the teen’s lips moving as she read something to herself. “Got it.”

“Got what?”

“I memorized the campus map.”

“The whole thing?” I walked around to her side to see a detailed map of the University of Houston campus on the screen.”

“Yeah. Kinda a thing I can do,” Audrey replied, sweeping the hair from her face. She’d changed into a reasonably-professional looking grey blouse which hung loose, much like the top of the dress she’d worn to the movies. Her white slacks held snug around her waist with a small flare around her ankles.

“Photographic memory?”

Audrey shook her head. “Not really, no. Just maps, mostly. Kind of a trick I picked up from a teacher a few years ago. I tell myself a story that connects all the parts together. Then, when I need to find my way somewhere, I just remember the part of the story and I can ‘see’ the map in my head.”

“That sounds pretty useful.”

“Only if I’m going somewhere new. That doesn’t happen except when we move, usually.”

“Well,” I replied, “useful today, I think.”

She grinned. “Yeah.” The teen stood and stretched. I was all-too-aware of the way her back arched in a soft curve from shoulders to waist, causing her tight, white slacks to hug her firm ass just a touch more tightly, her breasts pushed out to accent the way her body had become that of a young woman, not the girl of a year before. Shuddering to myself, I averted my eyes before she could catch me looking, and then led us to my car.


The campus was a sprawling set of buildings and open spaces, much like any campus, I supposed. Audrey had a mission and I could do little more than follow her around. She got us a pass from admissions as well as arranged for someone to give us a quick tour of a few of the facilities. The teen was most interested in the Biotechnology program offered there, so we got to see some of the laboratory areas and even talked, briefly, with a couple of the professors in the biology department.

It took a couple of hours and by the time we left, Audrey had an armload of brochures and documents to take with her.

We stopped for lunch at a small diner about halfway to my house.

“So ... what did you think?” I asked between spoonfuls of ham and dumpling soup.

“Loved it!” The enthusiasm had not left the teen since we’d first spied the edge of campus that morning. “I’m coming here.”

“That certain already?”

Audrey nodded. “Yep. I already checked it out online, but having been here ... definitely.”

“It gets hot here, you know.”

“Yeah. I’ve lived in Miami, so I know what that’s like,” she told me before biting into a turkey sandwich. “Plus, Herman and Joyce are here.”

“That could be a big help, having someone you know here.”

Audrey eyed her plate a moment, then added, “You’re here, too...”

“I am.”

Her eyes drifted towards me and for a long three or four seconds, I stared into her bright-green orbs. It was too easy to let myself sink into Audrey’s gorgeous eyes. The more I learned about her, the more we interacted, the more I knew I was risking more than being just a friendly neighbor to the teen. How could I not want to kiss her, to touch her, to make her moan with pleasure? What straight man could see those eyes, that body, and not want such things?

Even so, I resisted after losing my way a moment, looking past her to see the waitress returning to fill our drinks.

“So ... Anything else you want to do while you’re here that I can help with?” I asked carefully.

Her eyes stayed on me a moment and I could almost hear her voicing thoughts which were dangerously close to those in my own head. Instead, she shook her head and said nothing further.

I was left to wonder which one of us would cross the line first.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.