Asylum - Cover

Asylum

Copyright© 2017 by MichaelT65

Chapter 5

Billy

Billy knew he must not advance along the corridor hastily. He did not know what awaits him, in the dark shadows of the hallway. Max is much bigger than him, in height and weight. The madman had the advantage of being more aggressive. Billy had to plan every move if he was going to bring Max down.

The crushing sound in the distance brought Billy to a halt. He waited for a while before he continued. He reached halfway to the main entrance of the hospital. The flickering lights got brighter, as he got nearer to his destination. He was twenty meters away when he felt the cold breeze of air on his face. At ten meters he noticed the entrance to the outside world was open.

Gazing at what was beyond the entrance, Billy whispered, “Max escaped.” Dropping his shoulders, he turned around to observe all the broken furniture. He detected something which looked like a figure of a body.

It was Tony, the security guard. He was lying on his back motionless. He appeared to have something in his mouth. On inspecting the corpse closer, that is when Billy realised what was in his mouth. Billy started to shake his head. He felt the anger build up inside him, as the man lying there was a good man. He would always look out for everyone in the hospital.

“cough, cough, cough.”

Billy quickly turned to the sound of the coughing. It was one of the nurses. She was resting up against the wall. Holding her stomach, all around her hand the white uniform was stained red from her blood. Rushing to her side, he immediately took off his tracksuit top. Barbara scared she put her arm up to protect herself. Thinking Billy would attack her.

“It’s ok Barbara. It’s ok,” Billy smiled at the scared nurse.

Putting his hand on her raised hand. He slowly lowered it. Putting his tracksuit over her wound, gesturing her to put some pressure on the bleeding.

“Thank you, Billy,” She tried to return the smile, but she was in too much pain. “Max was in the professor’s office. I don’t know if he did anything to him”, Barbara whispered in a fragile voice as she proceeded on coughing again?

Walking into the professor’s office, Billy was shocked by what he discovered. All the display cabinets had been shattered. There was broken glass everywhere. The professor’s desk was on its side. All its contents were all over the floor. The only item that was still in its place was the Utica Crib. Inside it was Professor Khan. He was unconscious.

Billy was studying the dispersed items on the floor. When his view focused on an electrical device, he knew very well. Many times, this small piece of hardware was used on him and many other patients. With the item in his hand, Billy carefully studied the buttons and switches on it. Once he understood what each control did, he pressed the two middle pins then put the device in his pocket.

Billy, Billy, Billy! Professor Khan yelled.

The professor was coming around from the blow he received from Max. Still dazed, he tried to open the lid of the crib. He was unable to lift it open. There was not enough space to manoeuvre in the cage. He tried to force the top with his shoulder, by pushing his body up. He managed to lift it not more than two inches before his body came crashing down onto the row of bar underneath him.

“Billy, open the lid,” he yelled in anger.

Billy just stood there watching the Professor trying to push the top of the crib open.

“Billy, I fucking said, open the fucking lid.” The professor screamed while trying to knee the lid open, without success.

“Oh no the professor says bad words.” Billy was trying to provoke Khan to say something. Deep down he knew the professor was the reason for Mary leaving.

“Open the lid, or you will be sorry you sick fuck.”

Billy commenced walking away. When he reached the entrance of the office, he stopped. “When Mary come back,” he shouted.

“Mary,” the professor screamed. “I sacked her. She wouldn’t do what I asked her to do, so I sacked her. I wanted to spend the night with her, but she didn’t.” Gripping the wooden bars on the crib, he began to shake them. “Let me out of here you little prick,” he protested.

Billy walked out of the office. Not bothering to turn around to look at Khan. He nodded at Barbara. She nodded back with a smile this time.

Billy hurried to the entrance of the hospital. Once he got to the door, he stood there for a moment. He scanned the forest around him, for any clues of which way Max went. Seeing an opening on some damaged hedges he smiled.

“Go get him, Billy!” Barbara called out to him.

Leaping off the two steps of the entrance, Billy ran into the dark forest. He had a challenge. He needed to find Max before he hurts anyone else.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.