The Commissar's in Town - Cover

The Commissar's in Town

Copyright© 2017 by Mark Gander

Chapter 1

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 1 - Set in the same universe as "Hump Day Block Party," but set earlier in time and with the title inspired by a certain song. The arrival of the deputy commissar assigned to reorganize the local law courts sets in motion a chain of events that affects many folks, but especially several connected to recent family and divorce law cases.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Mult   Consensual   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Cheating   Sharing   InLaws   Rough   Group Sex   Harem   Orgy   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Black Male   White Male   White Female   Hispanic Female   Analingus   First   Oral Sex   Pregnancy   Squirting   Politics   Violence  

The Honorable Gertrude T. Randall had just wrapped up a court case and was back in chambers when she heard a very sharp knock at the door. She assumed that it was her law clerk, the very appropriately named Annette Chambers, so she rose to unlock the door and let her inside. She could not have been prepared for what followed, as two uniformed men escorted her clerk inside, and then made way for what could only be some kind of high-ranking official or civil servant from the new regime. This was somewhat to Trudy’s annoyance, as she wasn’t sure what to make of it, anyway. It was a dictatorship, and habit made her dislike those, but she didn’t have any say over things like that now, not unless she wanted to risk her neck, and well, they were keeping up the rule of law, at least.

“These are the judicial chambers of the Honorable Gertrude T. Randall, Presiding Judge of the Family Law Court in this county, yes?” the official in question, wearing a white armband of the sort assigned to civilian officers of the Commonwealth at this stage, inquired of both Trudy and Annette.

“That would be correct. Might I ask whose company I have the pleasure of, as well as what business you have here, and if you would wish some refreshment?” Trudy spoke formally, given the touchy circumstances with a brand new government in power ... America wasn’t the land of the free anymore, and that took some getting used to now.

“No thanks on the refreshment, as I do not wish to feel any sense of obligation. It won’t be yours to give for much longer, anyway,” the man spoke curtly, giving her a real shock, especially at his brusque, almost rude manner ... were all public officials of this new regime so lacking in social graces ... were manners banned now?

“I don’t quite follow you, Mr... ?” she further probed.

“Deputy Commissar William Hepburn, of the Commonwealth Sub-Commissariat for the Reorganization of Law Courts. You will pardon my shortness at this time, but your services are no longer required at this time. You will be awarded a pension commensurate with your loyal service to the previous government, but given the regime change and new policies of the Commonwealth, as well as its administrative restructuring at this time, you may consider yourself retired as of the close of today’s business.

“Since you are, as of today, fifty years of age, you may, however, wish to pursue a second career, but I must warn you that things are changing dramatically in the field of family law. Fortunately for you, your pension would not be adversely affected by said career,” the official, a very tall black man, somber in face, coldly informed Trudy of her termination.

“I’ve been fired?” Trudy’s knuckles grew as pale as her face as she took in the news that she no longer had a job, “But ... why?”

“You were involuntarily retired, as stated before, Mrs. Randall. You were not fired for cause. I would cease and desist any attempts to pressure me to reverse the decision already made well above my pay grade, or it will be unfortunate for your future,” Hepburn asserted, more than a little impatient with her.

“Okay, I accept that you have the authority to remove me from the bench, but I still would like to know why I’ve been relieved of my duties. Don’t I have the right to know that much?” Trudy persisted, but Hepburn shook his head.

“I informed you already of what has occurred, Mrs. Randall. Beyond that, you are not entitled to any further information. Unofficially, though, I can inform you that you are unlikely to have any prospects for any future judicial or legal positions in the future, either, in case you were thinking of finding an another avenue to return to the bench. All judicial posts will be appointed in the future, not elected, and the appointments will all be controlled by the highest levels of the councils of government. Your own judicial record has been considered less than stellar by the reckoning of those in a responsible position,” Hepburn icily answered her.

“Less than stellar how? What I have done wrong? Who have I harmed? I’ve exercised my judicial discretion, as all good judges do, in the pursuit of justice and the welfare of the litigants, their children, and the community. Where have I gone wrong? Who’s deciding this stuff, angry men, because I will have you know that I have tried to be reasonable, tried to consider the welfare of those men, too, but the welfare of the children and the community was always paramount,” Trudy’s eyes now flashed with a fury at being judged a mediocre jurist, as well as fear that somehow, some of the angry men who considered her unjust (she thought them wrong) were taking their revenge through the new regime.

“According to our records, you have found in favor of female plaintiffs and respondents, wives, that is, 92% of all such cases, did you know that? This is despite the male plaintiffs and respondents often having reasonable arguments and grounds on their behalf. This is clear evidence of a strong sexist bias in favor of women and against men in your case. This alone would be cause for termination of your position as a trial judge, but we have opted not to pursue such causes. We prefer a more, shall we say, efficient means of severing our ties with you and your reputation.

“Do not make us regret that, or firing with cause it will be, and you would not get a pension, just a severance package, which wouldn’t last as long. Do I make myself clear, Mrs. Randall? We’re purging the chaff and, judicially speaking, that’s you and other judges stuck a century in the past. Dinosaur judges, we call you. The future of family law is our hands, not yours, and it has no use for coddling one sex or favoring it over the other,” Hepburn spoke sternly, causing Trudy to feel real fear and panic right then.

“But ... seriously, you’re going to take the word of a few disgruntled divorced men over that of a respected, sitting trial judge? Are you insane?” Trudy, in her rage and fear, snapped at the deputy commissar.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.