Best Friends Forever
Chapter 7

 

I had an audible gulp in my throat as I brought her up close to me and said, “You are so beautiful, Rebecca Lydia Knowles. I would be privileged to take you to California’s Great America. I have all of this money I have been earning, burning a hole in my pocket.”

We locked up and got on the elevator and got a taxi to take us to the Park.

There were so many people there. We got in line and eventually bought two day-passes to everything in the place.

I had been treated like an adult so much lately that it is a blast to cut loose and have fun. In the matter of a couple hours, we went on a suspended roller coaster called Flight Deck, an old-fashioned roller coaster called the Grizzly, and Drop Tower, a real cool twenty-two story drop.

We just had a bunch of fun, stopping for lunch at the Joe Cool Café. After filling our faces, we found the PEANUTS Party in the Plaza. It was great; I especially enjoyed watching the little boys and girls having fun. I had my arm around my girl, and we stopped and had a kiss.

“What are you thinking, Richard?” she asked.

“You won’t hit me, will you?” I asked.

“No,” she responded cloyingly.

“Well, I was thinking about us, wondering how long before we’re coming to a place like this with our kids,” I said softly.

She looked at me for a moment, and then said, “You’re serious, aren’t you?”

Amongst all of these people, I fished into my pant pocket, got down on one knee and said, “Rebecca Lydia Knowles, I have this promise ring to give you, as a promise of my everlasting love and hope we may just be together forever. Will you be my girl?”

The group around us all quieted down. You could hear people shushing other people and the seconds ticked off the clock. Her eyes got real big and the tears started rolling down her precious cheeks as she said, “Yes, I’ll be your girl, and I make the same promise to you – forever!”

There was a blast of noise around us as kids and their parents all applauded and cheered. After giving her my ring, she put it on my hand and we had quite the kiss.

We next went on the Star Tower, said to be the tallest observation tower of its kind in Northern California.

Rebecca asked if we could go on the Rip-Roaring Rapids. I said ‘Of course,’ so we got in line for it. We joined up with the family who were in front of us; the Sallies, and we all got to know each other while in line. Jeff and Maggie, along with their kids, Joy and Mike and the two of us got in and had a blast, getting sopping wet but having the time of our life. When it was through, we exchanged emails, and said goodbye.

“We need something to dry off with,” my girl said.

“How about we get back on the Grizzly?” I recommended.

“Perfect,” she replied.

We got in line as I noticed for the first time that her t-shirt was clinging tight to her bikini top. I said, “You know Rebecca, I didn’t realize how pretty you were until I saw you today. I was worried, but now for some reason, I feel just fine.”

We got on the ride, had a blast and dried off considerably and took a taxi back to our hotel. We each showered and changed and lay on my bed, falling asleep watching TV.


My cell phone rang, waking me up.

“Hello, this is Richard,” I said.

“Oh, now you are Richard again. Would it be safe to say that a certain young lady is calling you Richard?” mom replied.

“You know me too well, Mom. How is everyone there?”

“Your sister is becoming chummy with Sam, Becky’s older brother; your father and I are having to actually talk to one another, with you gone.”

“I heard that!” dad said in the background.

“So, tell us what’s happened while you have been there?” mom persisted.

I went over the last two plus days, including telling her that Becky and I are officially a couple. She sounded generally interested, especially when I told her about my ‘Bonus.’ She put dad on the phone.

“What’s this about earning a bonus, Ricky?” he said.

“I had started a conversation with the guy in charge of a new product by Google. I told him what I thought of it giving a couple of ideas. On the spot, he did them and they were so well received, I got a bonus of $10,000 right then and there,” I said.

“You’re getting close to making more than your old man, Ricky. Have fun, be respectful,” he said with a laugh in his voice.

“You taught me everything I know about being respectful and a gentleman. See you guys in a couple of days. Bye?” I said.

I put the phone down and saw Rebecca’s eyes staring at me.

“Wanna make out?” she said.

“OK,” I replied.

She crawled over me, laying directly on me, as we started to kiss. Both of our mouths were open, both of our tongues were advancing into each other’s mouths. This had gone farther than we had ever been, and I sure didn’t want to be caught in a compromising situation with my boss’s daughter.

She felt my pulling back, and kept slobbering on me. I finally disconnected from her and got out from underneath, just as there was a knock on my door.

“Coming,” I said.

I gave Becky a moment to pull herself together, and then I opened the door to a delivery person. I gave the person a tip and brought the box inside.

“What is it?” she said.

I opened it up and found five brand new white 7.7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tabs, with a note from Mr. Schmidt.

“Ricky; Your idea for the Google Play software has netted us fifteen thousand new customers, along with the goodwill that comes from it. Here is an incentive for many more ideas. These are for you, Becky, and your family. You have a long future at Google young man, and we will do all we can to provide you with all you need to succeed.

Eric Schmidt”

“Ps. More ideas mean more benefits – be prepared for a discussion tomorrow.”

“WOW!” both of us said.

****

About six-thirty, Mr. Knowles knocked on our door to tell us he was back. I showed him what Mr. Schmidt had delivered.

After looking over the contents of the box, he said, “Ricky, congratulations! I haven’t seen Larry and Eric take to someone like they have both taken to you in a long time. They told me to bring you in tomorrow for an ‘ideas summit,’ it’ll be Larry, Eric, Sergey Brin, a couple of department heads and You. Don’t sweat it, they have them all of the time. Talk or don’t talk, that’s up to you. Becky, you can’t be there!”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.