Art Critic
Chapter 8: Judgment Day

Copyright© 2017 by aroslav

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 8: Judgment Day - Life is good for Arthur the artist. Girlfriends, friends, and paint. Nothing could be better. Until four words of criticism plunge his world into darkness. Arthur retreats into a dark corner of his mind and neither friends nor lovers can reach him. In order to emerge, Arthur must learn and come to grips with his own version of seeing auras. And must come to love in a new way.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Extra Sensory Perception   Brother   Sister   Polygamy/Polyamory   Exhibitionism   Oral Sex   Petting  

Mavis lived in a house that was twice as big as ours in a gated community on the west side of the city. We were ten minutes later getting there than we planned and awestruck when we pulled into her big circular drive. Even in black and black, the structure seemed to have a southwestern charm that spoke of old wealth. I guess I’d never asked Mavis about her home and family. Too lost in her eyes.

We were met at the door by Mavis, who threw her arms around each of us and gave us a kiss. It was a good sound kiss that I started responding to immediately. I was relieved to see that Mavis’s face was still bright and visible to me. A voice spoke from the doorway behind her.

“When you finish your greeting, we’d like to meet your guests, Mavis,” a man said.

“Sorry, Daddy,” she said. “It’s just been so long since I last saw them.” She took my hand and Annette’s, leaving Annette to grasp Morgan and drag her along into a beautiful living room. This room was huge with big windows overlooking the landscaped front where we’d parked. “Mommy and Daddy, these are my girlfriends, Annette and Morgan, and our boyfriend, Arthur.” The man, sitting in a chair on one side of the fireplace opened his mouth but didn’t say anything. The woman, sitting in a rocking chair on the other side, slid her glasses down her nose to look at us over them. It was a classic American Gothic scene. Norman Rockwell could have painted it. I was thinking I might. “Lovers, this is my father, Richard Wells, and my Mother, Lily Wells.” I nodded my head toward them, but Annette headed straight over to greet them.

“Mr. and Mrs. Wells! It’s so nice to meet you,” she said. She approached Mrs. Wells first and extended a hand that was gracefully accepted. Then she turned to Mr. Wells. “You must be incredibly proud of Mavis,” she said, extending her hand to the man. “Her photography is just stunning. Morgan tells me that she is confident of placing several images in fine art galleries in the next month and has had inquiries about commercial work when she’s ready. Isn’t it exciting?”

Morgan followed in Annette’s wake to shake hands with the seated couple. I couldn’t remember how to do this. Mavis introduced us as boyfriend and girlfriends. I couldn’t remember meeting Annette’s parents like this, but our families had known each other for years. Mavis took my hand and after a quick peck on the cheek, led me to her mother. I shook hands and said ‘Hi.’ Then to her father while Annette continued pleasantries with both.

“M ... Mr. Wells,” I managed as I shook his hand.

“No need to be nervous, young man. I’ve heard your name spoken in this house many times and Mavis has shown me photos of your artwork. Any thoughts I had about slowly dismembering you for violating my daughter were dismissed at least a year ago,” he said. As he spoke, a soft glow started to illuminate his face. His smile was not threatening.

“Dad-dy,” Mavis moaned. “Arthur, how many fathers do you think would take photos of paintings of their naked daughter to work to show all his colleagues? He was very proud of both of us.”

“I have to admit that a very small part of me was embarrassed. And one or two of my colleagues asked if I needed help hiding the body,” laughed Mr. Wells. “But it would just be wrong not to share that beautiful work with others. Welcome to our home.”

“Th-thank you.”

“I do hope you will let us return your courtesy and invite you to dinner in our home. I just know our parents would love to meet you,” Morgan said.

“Why don’t you sit and chat with us for a few minutes while Mavis attends to the surprise she is cooking up in the kitchen?” Mrs. Wells said.

“Um ... Mom, I need a little help in the kitchen. Annette and Morgan, would you mind terribly being left to the tender mercy of my parents while I drag Arthur off to lift the heavy tray out of the oven?” Mavis asked sweetly.

“Now that’s a switch,” Mr. Wells laughed.

“We’d be delighted,” Annette said, mimicking Mavis’s sweet voice. There was no rancor in the exchange, though, and Mavis quickly took me to the kitchen, having not let go of my hand since we first walked through the door. I heard the voices from the living room as Annette and Morgan got settled, but couldn’t tell what was being said.

I was lost in Mavis’s eyes.

“I wanted a chance to let you know that nothing has changed, Artie. Our connection is still strong and I still love you. And Annette and Morgan. I can see that you still love me.” We closed the small distance and our lips met in an agonizingly sweet reunion. I wrapped her in my arms and held her as our tongues were reintroduced and our breathing sped up.

“I do love you, Mavis. Not ... exactly the same ... as Annette and Morgan. But love,” I said.

“It has never been clearer to me that the three of you are a special unit,” she said. “Nothing I ever do and nothing that we ever become will change that. I can’t read auras like Morgan can, but I can see into people’s hearts. Your heart is pure.”

“Um ... I have ... uh ... impure thoughts,” I said.

“I do hope so. And I hope I’m featured prominently,” she giggled. “I really do need help getting the chicken out of the oven. Do you mind?”

We worked comfortably side-by-side as Mavis directed me in moving the stuffed chicken breasts from the tray to plates. She placed a generous helping of rice pilaf and a corn chutney on each plate and I delivered them to the dining table where she’d already set out salads. Each salad bowl was set inside a slightly larger bowl filled with crushed ice to keep the salad crisp.

“Dinner is served,” Mavis said from the doorway of the living room as the four there were laughing.


Mavis had Morgan and me sit together on one side of the table and took her seat next to Annette opposite us. Her parents were at the ends.

The meal was unbelievably good. The chicken breasts were stuffed with jalapenos and cheddar with strips of bacon crossed over the top. The pilaf was perfectly cooked and the chutney was spicier than I expected. I couldn’t identify the name of the peppery spice.

“Arthur, I understand you’ve had some vision problems the past few months,” Mr. Wells said. “I won’t pretend to understand everything Morgan has explained, but how do you feel you are progressing? Getting better?” I looked at him and then at Mrs. Wells. I could see them clearly as if they were in soft light. Their faces and their hands. Mr. Wells wore a yellow oxford shirt with a button-down collar. I could see the color under his chin.

“Yes, sir,” I said softly. “Um ... Each time ... er ... When I’m with Mavis, Annette, and Morgan, my eyes seem to get stronger.”

“And Kendra,” Annette added. I nodded.

“Is Kendra the young woman you said was making a sculpture of you and Arthur, Mavis?” her mother asked.

“Yes, Mother,” Mavis answered. “She and Arthur have a unique connection. She’s his best friend as well as being part of our studio.”

“Kendra and I are working to capture the essence of an aura in bronze and glass,” Morgan said. “Our dad says she is like a police artist. She takes what I describe and interprets it in three dimensions until I say, ‘That’s it.’ I think her artwork is going to break new ground.”

“Not every artist or sculptor has a clairvoyant to guide their work,” Mrs. Wells said. There wasn’t a trace of skepticism in her voice. Even in the studio, Kendra got a lot of rolled eyes when she talked about having an aurist guide her.

“I never thought of it as clairvoyance,” Morgan answered. “I’ve always seen that way.”

“Is that what drives your art, Arthur?” Mr. Wells asked.

“Um ... Sort of. I don’t see auras. But ... um ... I need Kendra.” Annette, Morgan, and Mavis all broke out laughing as Mr. and Mrs. Wells looked puzzled.

“May I try to fill in?” Morgan asked me. I nodded. “Art has difficulty speaking. He’s not dumb. It’s just hard to talk, especially when he’s in a new and unfamiliar environment. It’s not because he doesn’t want to answer your question, Mr. Wells.”

“But why would you ask for Kendra?” Mrs. Wells said. They were both still puzzled.

“Kendra is his certified interpreter,” Annette said. “It’s part of the unusual connection that Mavis described. They really are best friends and that includes being able to talk to each other. Kendra often talks in his stead. I think he was saying he needed her to explain what’s happening. Morgan should be able to, though.”

“We’ve always had a unique connection, too,” Morgan said. “With me, I can see what Art needs—I guess it is through his aura—and often interpret his paintings. Lately, some of his paintings have gotten beyond where I can go. That’s been a part of what we call the darkness that has affected his vision. He can paint an entire scene on a canvas using nothing but black paint. I can’t see the details that others can.”

“You mean like a line drawing with paint?” Mr. Wells asked.

“No. The entire canvas is covered in black paint,” Annette explained. “Something about the way Morgan sees auras leaves her unable to see the detail in the black on black painting. Most people who don’t see auras can see the brilliance of the image. That doesn’t mean they like it. People have different responses to any art. But they can see it.”

“I’d like to see it,” Mr. Wells said. “Sometime. Of course, I’m not expecting you to magically produce it.”

“Did you see my necklace?” Morgan asked, turning to him and holding out the pendant.

“It’s lovely. An unusual design to see a heart engraved on a black surface. Is that symbolic of what Arthur has been seeing?”

“Yes, and it also illustrates the problem I have. You saw the heart right away. I can’t see it. I can feel it beneath my fingers and I know it is there, but I can’t see it.”

“Fascinating,” Mr. Wells said. “Arthur, it was not my intention to interrogate you or to make you uncomfortable. I hope you understand. I apologize for stressing you.”

“‘S okay,” I said.

“It’s actually good practice for us,” Morgan said. “After school starts next week, we have to present his new paintings to Dr. Lowenstein for approval as part of his BFA exhibition.”


Mr. and Mrs. Wells shooed us out of the kitchen when we started to clean up the dishes. They said Mavis had cooked and we were guests, so they would handle the cleanup. Mavis took us to the back of the hacienda, circling around an interior courtyard, to a very cozy family room.

“The room used to be twice this size, but when I started seriously getting into photography, we partitioned it. Now, I’m considering removing the partition so I have more room for the lab, but there’s the problem of the windows on this end,” Mavis said. “See in here? This is my photo lab.” The room wasn’t a studio where she’d take photos, but was filled with equipment, cameras, tripods, and backdrops. “I do a lot of digital photography—in fact most of my color photos are digital right now. That’s why I have that big printer. It’s an investment in my art. I’m trying to refine my ability to process and print color negatives. It’s tricky. On the other hand, my black and white photography that I consider my fine art rather than my commercial art is all done on film with real cameras and lenses, processed over here, and printed and enlarged in the darkroom there. If I need it, this whole room can be blacked out so I can enlarge prints to as much as three feet by four feet. I don’t have enough focal length in the room for my enlarger to cast anything bigger. And that is right at the end of the range for my lamp to cast enough light to expose the paper.”

“Wow! Cool!” I said as I wandered around the room looking at the equipment. Annette took my hand and gave me a little tug and I turned to see Morgan in an intense kiss with Mavis. They flared so hot that I could see the colors in their clothing all the way from head to toe. I kissed Annette and the temperature in the room started to rise.

“Um ... we could go sit on the sofa ... and make out,” Mavis gasped out. “All of us. Together. I love you.”

It took about three seconds for all four of us to be piled together on the sofa holding and kissing all the others. We were completely absorbed in kissing and touching each other. Even though none of us made a grab for anyone’s genitals, we knew we’d find hardness and wetness if we went that far. We were caught up in the joy of just making out and didn’t feel like we needed to come. The kissfest lasted about half an hour before we all slowed down and just lazily kissed and petted each other. It was almost the same as post-orgasmic bliss, though I was pretty sure none of us had come.

“Christmas present,” I finally managed to gasp around Mavis’s active tongue.

“Oh, the usual stuff, I guess,” Mavis laughed. “It’s been years since my family gave me anything other than camera gear.”

“No,” I said as I kissed her silent again. “From us. We have a gift. For you.”

“Really? I didn’t ... didn’t even consider getting you gifts ... because I wasn’t sure...”

“Mavis, hush,” Annette said. “Arthur thought this up and Morgan and I participated. This is just a little gift from all of us to you.” I fished the flat box out of my back pocket, relieved to have it out from under my butt. It was just a box with her name written on it. We hadn’t wrapped it.

Mavis insisted on giving us each a deep kiss before she opened the box. When she finally lifted the lid, she gasped and the light got so bright on her face that I could see the entire room in full color. And then the tears began to flow. She wept so hard and held us so tightly, I was sure her parents would come to investigate.

“On me,” she pled, handing the box back to me. I removed the necklace and Morgan moved behind Mavis to lift her hair from the back of her neck. Mavis’s hair was so short that the gesture was really just so Morgan could touch her. As I reached around Mavis to fasten the chain, Annette moved in to kiss her. Once it was fastened, my hands slipped down from her shoulders to hold both her breasts. I was sure she could feel how hard I was because she ground herself down on my cock as Annette kissed her lips and Morgan kissed the nape of her neck.

When we’d finished molesting our girlfriend—for the moment—I could see the heart engraved on the carnelian stone. It seemed to pulse with her heartbeat.


Classes started on Wednesday—for what that was worth. I was sympathetic to Annette because she had a class called Literature Tradition that, of course, involved reading about fifty books while she was still struggling to get her novel drafted. She hadn’t let anyone but Les read what she had so far. She spent five hours with Les and Susan on Monday. Susan was working on the same degree as Annette, but with an emphasis on poetry instead of fiction. Les freely admitted that he had no story ideas of his own to write, but he’d turned into a real grammar nazi and was a great sounding board for Annette’s ideas. By the end of the week, he’d already started circulating her synopsis to publishers.

For my part, all ‘classes’ were focused on my senior exhibition. The same was true of Kendra and Mavis. I had four hours of advanced painting, most of which would take place in my home studio and the rest would be weekly reviews with Dr. Robinson, my advisor. The other eight hours of credit I would receive were all related to completing and installing my BFA exhibition.

After our visit with Mavis, we invited Mr. and Mrs. Wells to join us for dinner on Saturday. Then we rushed home to arrange things with Mom and Dad. We decided to invite all the families. That would mean our five, three of the Wellses, Kendra, Les and his father, Annette’s parents, and Susan. Fourteen of us in our extended circle. I really felt bad for Susan since her mother had cut off all contact when Susan took up with Zen. Breaking up with Zen hadn’t healed the rift.

“I will help you,” Mom said. “What do you plan to cook?” In those few words, she made it clear that ‘help’ didn’t include planning the event or doing the cooking. We weren’t the world’s top chefs—especially when compared to the fabulous meal Mavis had prepared—but we weren’t incompetent. Since our little party would sort of celebrate the start of the new school semester and the year, we decided to prepare a dependable southern favorite: black eyed peas with salt pork and greens. Of course, we’d have a bunch of side dishes that Mom ‘suggested’, but that would be the focus of our meal.


“Um ... lovers?” I ventured when we’d settled down for the night. Annette and Morgan were on either side, lying half on top of me. I’d really missed this feeling during my darkest time. Even being unable to see everything in color, their presence on my shoulders was a comfort and the way they clasped each other’s hands made everything feel right.

“Mmm. Lovers. That makes me so happy,” Annette said. “I love you.”

“I missed you so much,” Morgan whispered. “You were both a step away from me and I still missed you.”

“What is it you were going to say before we so rudely interrupted,” Annette giggled.

“Well, I was thinking about our time with Mavis and her parents.”

“Yum. I forgot about her parents,” Morgan said. “I was kind of dreaming about Mavis, though.” We were all giggling about that. Wow! Mavis had always had the ability to turn me on by just entering a room, but it was nice to know she affected Morgan and Annette the same way.

“Did you notice they never asked about our relationship? Even my Lady’s parents asked about our incestuous love,” I chuckled. “And Mom and Dad have always been careful and concerned about our threesome. But Mr. and Mrs. Wells never mentioned that, or even how Mavis fit in with us. Weird.”

“I wonder if they were just being polite or if it really doesn’t matter to them,” Annette mused.


Friday was our big day at school. As part of my BFA Exhibition and Installation, I had to review my plans with my advisor, Dr. Robinson, and the department chair, Dr. Lowenstein. My last review with them hadn’t gone well. I was still suffering some of the effects.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.