The Homecoming of Keith Boyd - Cover

The Homecoming of Keith Boyd

Copyright© 2017 by MysteryWriter

Chapter 25: The End

Keith Boyd-
Fred Boyd his brother.
Alice Boyd his sister in law.
Nephew John 15
Niece Gabby 13
Jo Anne Wall old girl friend
Windy Wall her ex husband.
Lewis and Ellie Keith’s in laws.
Sarah Marsh retro hippie
General Briggs rd
Doris owner of the consignment shop.
Jo Anne Joyner Wall : Keith’s first girlfriend. Three girls 16 13 10

oldest daughter ginger
Mr Jessup buyer of Keith’s scooter.
Rebecca Avondale deacon and keith’s client.
Marsha stylist to Rebecca
Gulfcrest hotel/casino
Elanor, Mark and Simon family being stalked
Sylvia Amos sheriff’s detective.
Tomas Gorseski Sylvia Avery’s husband
Willow goth chick. Computer nerd
Abdi arab family victim of arson.
Ginger Moss Willow’s mother
Mr Serpico client in motel.
Liam Amos hunter.
Jasper Amos Liam’s son
Jerry Geyser first separated man to stay in cabin/tent.
Lou Anne Mason justice dept
Jill one of the federal cops.
Ashley Marcy’s friend.
Nurse Jane at hospital in grenada
Rodney Markham and Marcus Wilbert Deacon’s attackers
Sylvia Simmons (Marcy’s client) aka sonya
Mark Wilson sheriffs detective.
Lisa Preston mother of delinquent cook
Mike preston catfisherman and cook
Agent Rogers Doj
Marsha Edwards the girl who had a drug reaction in one of Keith’s cabin.
Debbie Schultz my first trailer rental not in danger.
Barbara Matros photography community college instructor.
Sally Rider and Teddy Martin his first bride and groom.
Iva Goodman dead Josey roommate
Josey Everette Johns dead friend.
Menendez supplier of fancy drugs to Josey.
Rita Moreno Menendez lawyer.
Rufus black hitman


I truly did not sleep well the night before I was to meet with John. Yes I also had to deal with the previous nightmares, so I had my doubt that Rufus Black was the only nightmare I had that night. It was just the only one I could remember.

As I powered my way through my morning chores, I felt like I had a hangover. I waited until I was finished with my inside work before I adjusted my metal and plastic appendage. I made sure my cell phone was charged and turned on before I inserted it into the pocket of my vest. When my body was wired, I left for the Circus Tent.

Inside the vinyl covered PVC frame, I located my longest scooter trailer. I even managed to attach it to the frame of my current three wheeled scooter. Since it also had a trailer to push the scooter forward installed, the second trailer was a bit of a problem. When I finished attaching both trailers, I loaded the larger one with my auxiliary power. I often bought lithium battery packs just in case I ever needed them. It looked as though the time had come to use them. I had to attach wiring to make the batteries interchangeable with the scooter’s controller.

I used cheap dollar store extension cords for the purpose. One cheap cord provided the ends and wire used to transfer the power from the battery pack to a controller. Another cheap cord provided the power from the controller to the motor itself. After the extra battery packs, I loaded my ‘on the road’ tool kit. My cheap set of wrenches, wire cutter, a screw driver set, one unused 6’ extension cord, one 48 volt 800 watt new controller, and one test meter. I also put a can of compress air with a liquid sealant and a spare inner tube. It was a tool kit I could use for most common repairs.

The trailer was also large enough for a nylon full length poncho which could be rigged as a shelter in an emergency. Of course it was part of my clothing bag. The bag itself was a water tight camping bag. Along with the poncho it held an extra pair of jeans, three extra thermal shirts, and two heavier sweat shirts. Even though I didn’t plan to travel in the coldest part of the day, sometimes it was necessary to do the unthinkable.

Oh by the way I was planning on a get out of Dodge road trip. I planned to leave the moment I found out that Rufus had been found. I plugged all the batteries into my 48volt trickle charger so that I would be ready in a moment’s notice. The charger was part of the trailer package. The only outside part was a twenty five foot extension cord used to get AC power to the charger. The plan was that it would come from a motel room, but occasionally it would be connected inside a roadside diner, or a convenience store.

I continued to check and recheck the items for my road trip. I wanted to be sure I had everything I needed without overloading the trailer. I was actually killing time while I waited for my Nephew John to arrive, or at least call.

It was almost lunch when he finally did called. “Hey John about time you called. We need to talk come on over to my place. I’ll meet you at the campground. In the same cabin where Josey was killed.”

I don’t know what I expected him to say, but it wasn’t a one word responce. “Okay,” and then the phone went dead.

I walked on down to the cabin and sat on the sofa bed. I had picked up a glass of ice tea from the Gatehouse as I passed it. I almost finished the tea before he arrived. When he beeped his horn, I opened the gate with my almost smart phone. A couple of minutes later he pulled into the parking lot.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.