Lone Road
Chapter 3

Copyright© 2017 by ShaneLucas

Horror Sex Story: Chapter 3 - Annabeth and her son, Colin, have arrived in Bella Wood to start over after a tragedy leaves with with a terrible secret. But the shadow that haunts them isn't the only secret these two have, one they're keeping from each other.

Caution: This Horror Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including mt/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/ft   Teenagers   Consensual   Drunk/Drugged   Lesbian   Heterosexual   Fiction   Horror   Mystery   Paranormal   Ghost   Incest   Mother   Son   FemaleDom   Cream Pie   Masturbation   Oral Sex  

Melanie woke with a hangover. Which was unusual given she hadn’t been drinking, nor had she eaten anything laced with one of Danny’s special ingredients. Then she glanced outside and saw the weather. So that’s it, she thought. Storms always brought the migraines. Beside her was an empty space, cold to the touch. It was a little disappointing, but Annabeth must’ve woken early like all mothers tend to do. She wondered if that meant breakfast, but refused to get her hopes up. It had been too long, and she certainly was in danger of outstaying her welcome.

As she lingered for a bit, able to smell a hint of Annabeth’s shampoo on her pillow, her mind wandered back to when she’d sneak into bed with her mother, before the marriage. Those years hadn’t been easy, but she missed their closeness. Never close like she had been with Colin’s mother, naturally. There was another odor in the air, the leftover scent of their friskiness during the night.

Reluctantly, she slipped off the mattress, got dressed, and left the room, staggering like the undead down the hall toward the bathroom. She almost made it when Colin walked out and nearly collided with her. After a few dazed, awkward apologies, he stepped back, glanced her over, and blushed. His cheeks turned so red she could see it even in the dim light sneaking in from a window down the hall. Judging by his looks, greeting a woman in the morning shouldn’t be such a foreign scenario, unless he was too respectful of his mother to bring a girl home. Or – she realized too late – he had heard her last night.

“G-good morning,” he said. “Um, where’re your pants?”

“Eh?” She glanced down and remembered – she usually slept without much on. It was such a normal habit to walk around in the morning without worry that she had thought nothing of it. Even Danny never really cared. Her pale, skinny legs stretched out from a shirt so short even her panties were exposed. No wonder the poor boy was doing his best to study the ceiling.

She ran a hand through her hair, trying to keep cool while screaming inside from humiliation. “Come on, it’s not like I’m naked or anything. Just underwear, yep. Nothing to worry about. No need to tell your mom I just flashed you, nope.” She ducked into the bathroom before she even finished rambling. Once the door was shut, and she could hear him moving off, she rested against the door, smacked herself in the forehead, and groaned.

Now her head hurt even worse.

After washing her face and doing her business, she was more cautious, peeking out in the hallway to make sure the coast was clear. It wasn’t.

“Hurry up! I gotta piss!”

“Piss off, Danny. I don’t have any pants.”

“And you don’t have an ass to show off, so what’s the problem?” He was kneeling and groaning in pain after she exited the bathroom and buried her fist into his stomach. She felt much better as she rushed back to the bedroom to get the rest of her clothes.

Downstairs was filled with the scent of eggs and toast. The makeshift dining area was now in the kitchen, with a wide enough space at the counter for them to eat like at a bar. Annabeth already set up their plates before she arrived, while Colin put jam on the toast. He managed to meet her eyes, but his smile was crooked. She figured her expression was much the same. She turned to Annabeth, who winked at her, showing no other hint about what happened between them last night. She wasn’t sure if she preferred that or not.

“Eat up,” said Annabeth. “You guys slept like the dead. You don’t have too much time before school now. I can drive you there if you wish.”

Melanie shook her head and said, “School’s canceled today. Some parent-teacher thing.”

“You mean, like a conference? Why didn’t you tell me?” She directed this toward her son, who merely shrugged.

“You don’t need to skip work for this. Besides ... my homeroom teacher knows.”

“Knows what?” When he merely met her gaze, she seemed to figure it out. She glanced at Melanie, then back at Colin, who nodded. It took Melanie a moment to get on the same page. She decided it best not to say anything.

Instead, she finished her meal quickly and announced, “Well, gotta run. Time to show your son some cool shortcuts.”

Annabeth smirked as she glanced at Colin. “Him, run? Do you have a rabid lion to chase him with?”

“Like you can talk,” he said. “You’re the only person here other than delivery drivers that even uses a car.”

“I’m a lazy rebel.”

By the time Danny stumbled downstairs, they were already finished and cleaned up. He piled his eggs onto the toast and ate it like a sandwich as they headed for the door. Melanie felt a little grimy, given she hadn’t had a shower yet and didn’t have time to run home and grab some clothes or even brush her teeth. But judging from the weather, there was a good chance she would get a cold wash before too long.

“You sure you want to go out in this weather?” Annabeth asked. “Even the dog won’t go out without a fight.”

“He’s afraid of rain,” Colin chimed in.

“You can relax here all day, and I can lend you some clothes. We’re about the same size.”

They really were, and with their equally dark hair and fair skin, she thought she looked more like this woman’s daughter than her real mother’s, who had been blonde and blue-eyed. Annabeth’s were a very dark brown, almost black. She shook the thought away for several reasons.

“That would just make me a freeloader, and we just met. I can’t ask all that of you.”

“Fine, fine, ignore my hospitality.” She was smiling as she raised her hands in defeat. “I guess that would be asking a bit much unless you were my son’s girlfriend.”

Melanie felt her cheeks heat up a bit, and gave a fake laugh to brush off the notion. If she was that desperate to get her son to date, then Colin must be behind the times. That, or what happened to his father really did cause problems in several areas of his life. Granted, the idea wasn’t a bad one, and it would give her an excuse to come over more often.

Before she could slip out the door after Danny, Annabeth leaned in and whispered, “Oh, and if you sleep over again, bring some toys for us.”

Now her cheeks really burned as she pushed her idiot stepbrother to hurry him along. Colin followed, trying in vain to avoid a kiss on the cheek from his mom. Melanie pretended not to have seen. Danny, on the other hand, began to snicker before receiving another shot to the abdomen with her elbow. Still, she couldn’t help but grin as she faced ahead. It was cute, their closeness.

There were a few spots she wanted to take him, out-of-the-way places that she thought he might like. She led the boys toward a trail through a patch of woods that pushed inward along a dead-end street. They entered the trees just as she felt the first drops of rain on her arms. The trail itself was barely visible, something most people overlooked except the few that used it regularly. Because it wrapped around the entire upper eastern edge of the town, the kids had come up with their own legends about why it was there. Most assumed it was just an old animal trail, but a few sections of railroad tracks, hidden now by weeds and sinking into the earth, revealed it was manmade. She had never discovered any other tracks on this side of town, and had always wondered if it was an incomplete railway, or part of the old mining town. Melanie had found that place years ago, before she came to accept Danny as a brother.

She steered them away from the old curve that slithered further into the woods, instead staying along the course that was a plain old walking path. The other direction ended in a clearing, but that was now off-limits due to escaping gases. Last time Danny had taken a date there, he’d spent the next two hours vomiting. There were only a few interesting stones that may have been graves, nothing particularly interesting. Rain pattered through the colorful leaves by the time they were halfway, the trees offering then the last bit of shelter from the weak storm.

By the time they reached the end, the rain was coming down in full. Sightseeing would have to wait. Right now, they needed shelter. Danny pointed out one potential option, the old bookstore. It was inside, at least. They had over a hundred yards to cover, and while she and Danny could make that in seconds, one look at Colin told her exercise was not the norm for him. He was already breathing hard from their speedwalking through the woods. He tried to shrug it off, so she hid any sympathy she felt for him.

“Ready, new kid?” asked Danny. He bolted before Colin could answer. Melanie took his hand and pulled him along as quickly as he could manage.


After the bookstore proved closed for the day, they stayed under the edge of the roof until the rain eased up a bit. Colin tried to stop stealing glances at Mel as they stood shoulder-to-shoulder. Her hair hung in tangled, dripping strands as her shirt clung to her, the buds of her nipples poking out the fabric. She definitely caught him checking her out at least once, yet said nothing.

After an hour, they sought a better solution. Eventually, they came upon an old Victorian house on the street behind the last of the businesses, spaced away from all the other homes. There was no parking lot, jut a wide driveway and a sign that announced it as the Bella Wood Historical Museum and B&B. If it had any guests, they apparently hadn’t driven here. The trio burst inside, their clothes soaked through.

The inside was like a gift shop, with various knickknacks covering cheap shelves that filled the front room. There was a glass counter in the back with a small bell and sign that informed them to ring if they wanted a tour. The air conditioning was on full blast. He stifled the shivering as best he could, while Mel rubbed her bare arms. Danny showed no sign of being chilled as he wandered further inside.

“Is the whole place like this?” Colin asked.

Mel shrugged. “Dunno. Never been inside before. Not many people talk about it, either.”

“I heard the upstairs is nice,” said Danny. “That’s the hotel part. And they do a breakfast.”

“Can I help you with something?” They spun toward the girl who had appeared behind the counter as they were browsing. She was small, thirteen or fourteen, with curly black hair tied with a struggling ribbon. The dim lighting seemed to enhance her freckles, yet did nothing to diminish the shine in her blue eyes. She smiled at him, her eyes boring into Colin. It was a little unnerving. In an obviously-faked British accent, she asked, “Would you like a tour, or some information about a particular item of interest?”

“Are you from England?” asked Mel.

“My grandmother is from Wales. Are you perhaps guests?”

“Sorry, we’re locals.”

“We offer a discount for locals. You know, for dates wanting to feel like they’re on a getaway, or for someone who got in a fight with their spouse and cannot stay with a friend.”

Her desperation was so palpable Colin almost agreed to stay the night, except he didn’t have any money. However, Annabeth loved these places, but could rarely afford them, so he would have to tell her about it. She could have her own mini-vacation. The girl was watching him again. Mel asked about history on the cemetery or the hospice. The girl smiled brightly at her as she declared that she had tomes on both of those subjects, and asked them to follow her. She then led the way into the back rooms.

“Miss Coleman is taking a nap for now,” she added, despite nobody asking about the proprietor. “She has been under the weather this week, but she is getting better.”

“Do you live here?”

“Oh, no. I just work here.”

What may have been meant for an office was now a storage room for old files and town records. A quick peruse of some of the boxes revealed paperwork that most likely belonged in the town hall or mayor’s office. The file boxes were stacked haphazardly, creating a short maze illuminated by a single light bulb. Mold was slowly covering some of the containers in bluish-grey patches. He could barely lead the labels, yet the naming system made no sense anyway. A-19/20, HJ-4-4-10 and Sam-5 were some of the titles. Their tour guide made her way to one particular stack in a corner so dark none of them could see each other clearly. The girl, however, had no trouble finding the right box. It was above her head. Colin and Danny helped get the box from the middle of the stack, barely avoiding the higher ones from toppling over.

She was smiling as she carried it out to a side table in the hallway. “And here is the story of the hospice’s original construction. It was actually supposed to be a manor for an immigrant doctor who wanted his own private farm, but after a group of settlers became terribly ill, he had a change of heart and turned the mansion into a place of healing. A wing had burned down twenty years later, just as the town was forming nearby, and was rebuilt with more stones than wood. It was then a hospital that focused on tuberculosis patients.”

She withdrew a few files, ranging from brittle blueprints to newspapers printed before the Titanic had sunk. Another paper talked about the plague that could wipe out mankind. Colin had to think on it, as the date was 1918, and remembered it was the Spanish Flu.

As he read the article, he felt the girl’s eyes on him. If only she were a couple of years older, he thought, I might’ve gotten my hopes up. There wasn’t any romantic interest in her eyes, though. The intensity of her gaze was unsettling enough to make him break out in a cold sweat. Eventually, Danny found something of interest and asked her about it. It was a matchmaking column. As the girl was focused elsewhere, he made his way back to the front display area.

It was just as quiet as when they had passed through. Dust dulled the glass cases and random oddities, though he could tell someone had been fighting to keep the area clean. Some displays were spotless and smelled of polish. In the far corner, he noticed one in particular, some kind of fake flower with a wristband. It looked like one of those things girls wore to proms, at least in the movies. It was pure white, not a single blemish on the cotton pedals. Flanking it was a Victorian china doll with flaking paint on the face, and a stuffed barn owl. The owl was especially disconcerting with its missing eyes and filthy feathers.

“It was hit by a car.” He jumped so hard his knee slammed up against the display table. Spinning as he landed, he found the girl standing not two feet away. For someone so small, she was damn intimidating as she stared at him. The line of freckles across her nose and cheeks helped offset the effect, at least. “The farmer who killed the poor thing tried to stuff it, but killed himself before finding the right eyes. His family left it here about ten years ago.”

“Uh, nice?” He gestured to the doll. “And does this have some depressing backstory?”

Her lips curled in a smirk. “The owner was eaten by wolves. She was eleven, only three years younger than me. Her death prompted the hunt that wiped out all of the wolves and wild dogs in the area, and now almost nobody has a pet dog that is bigger than medium-sized. Most prefer the small ones, but I find them rather annoying. I do like pit bulls, though.”

She looked so happy that he expected her to squeal in excitement if he told her his own dog was a pit. He then moved aside a bit and pointed to the prom dress ornament. Her smile faltered. After taking a step back, she forcibly composed herself.

“She fell into a cave walking home on homecoming night. She was sixteen.”

“Did you know her?”

“Nope. It was over twenty years ago. Her death prompted the curfew to go into effect.” She tried smiling again, with some struggle. “You look like an architect-type. We have a scale model of the hospice’s original design when it was first rebuilt. It’s made with toothpicks!”

She escorted him to a side room where the displays were a bit more spaced out and larger, from dresses on mannequins to models of buildings and vehicles. The room doubled as a dining area, with the table set near the far wall by a second entrance to the kitchen. She then explained how the particular model she wanted to show off had been built by an old farmer with only two teeth as he spent his last few years either bedridden or sitting in a rocking chair on his porch. Given how excited she was when talking about it, he worried if there really was so little to do in this town that toothpick construction was considered a fun pastime.

“Too bad he couldn’t build the basement morgue, though,” she continued. “It wasn’t in the original plans. They just built on as needed, but that caused stability issues, which is why they had to do almost a complete overhaul of the main building before constructing the asylum next to it.”

He was about to ask about that when Mel showed up announcing she had just been called back to the school for work. The poor girl’s shoulder’s sagged as she saw her customers leaving early. Like a professional, she escorted them to the door.

“This is a cool place,” said Danny.

Mel agreed. “We’ll come back. Thanks for everything, um...”

“Oh, I’m Imogen,” said the girl. She looked at Colin. “Imogen Draper.”

Colin caught the smirk playing at Mel’s lips as she said, “Thanks, Imogen. Catch ya later!” They headed off, glad to find the rain had stalled. When they saw that Imogen had gone inside, she elbowed him. “A real ladies’ man, ain’t ya?”

“Oh, please shut up.” She snickered, then took a few steps faster to get ahead of him. When she turned away from the straightest direction to the school, he asked, “Didn’t you get called in to work?”

She ignored him, studying the front sign with an abnormal amount of interest. Before he asked again, Danny tapped him on the back and said quietly, “We found some articles from a few years ago. One mentioned our parents’ car crash.”

There was no more explanation needed. He felt a pang of guilt for Imogen, but understood Mel’s eagerness to duck out all too well. It was a tactic he had pulled many times before. So off they went, ignoring the reason for the hurry as they sought out the next interesting spot.


His head was pounding, had been for four days now. Colin sat up in bed for several minutes, wishing he could just go back to sleep. Annabeth should be home any minute, if she didn’t go to the store without him. Something moved out of the corner of his eye. His body woke up immediately, breaking into a cold sweat. The window was covered, the light off. The deep gloom hid most details, leaving only silhouettes. Nothing else moved. He turned on the lamp, then hurried to the light switch on the wall.

He was alone.

After steadying his breathing, he went downstairs in time to meet Annabeth at the door. She stumbled in, tugging her hair loose, her shirt covered in what he hoped was grease or oil. It was dark and thick. Her eyes were heavy, but she was still able to smile.

“Still up for shopping,” he asked, “or do you want me to go?”

“Think they’ll let me in like this?” She glanced down at the stains, then sniffed her shirt. “Ugh, never mind. I’m going to get changed first.”

She stripped off the shirt as she headed for the stairs, ignoring the fact that he was watching her. It was harder for him to stop than he wanted to admit. After she disappeared into her room, he waited for her at the door, denying to desire to follow her. That feeling was too strong, and too sudden, only to vanish as quickly as it came upon him, replaced by a chill. Something was watching him, keeping itself hidden. Whatever the shadow was, it was still lingering. This was the fastest it’s ever caught up in all the times they had moved. Worse, he had never felt it like this before. Whenever he saw it, or heard his name called – Annabeth had a very particular way of saying it now – he could feel its presence, and a growing animosity. Yet sensing it like he could now had never been possible unless it directly showed itself, other than the strange increase in wet dreams and quick arousal. This was a bad sign.

She hurried back down wearing a pink t-shirt he hadn’t seen before. From his curious expression, she turned a little embarrassed. “Don’t judge. It was in a box with some of my old college stuff in it. Forgot I saved a few outfits, and damn glad I can still fit in them.”

“Well, they do say old folks begin shrinking.” He forced away the fantasy of tearing that shirt off her, barely keeping a straight face all the while. “I bet you could sell that stuff to a museum. They even have one in town.” She flipped him off on the way out the door.

The store wasn’t busy, nor was it particularly big. There was a chain store near the southern edge, in a strip mall with a Wendy’s, but Annabeth had decided on the smaller of the two to keep herself from going overboard on the selection. Her sweet tooth had gotten especially worse over the years, starting around the time of his father’s death. Strangely, she had also started losing weight around that time, rapidly, getting to a point where he made sure they ate pizza and the greasiest fast food he could get his hands on just to get her back to a more healthy size. The ensemble she wore now may have been perfect for a petite college grad, but he remembered it would have hung off her like men’s clothing by the end of those first six months. So frankly, he had no qualms about splurging on ice cream whenever she wanted.

“We should get at least one good-sized meal,” she was saying in aisle eight, “so you can have Mel and Danny over. I bet they eat worse than we do.”

“I heard his diet consists of peanut butter and crackers. She claims she only really likes dog jerky and strawberry jam.”

“I was wondering why there were so few dogs around here.”

As she selected the best ingredients for a stew and casserole, he pushed the cart. Rounding a corner, he went a little too fast, barely missing a young girl carrying a basket. With a curse, he pulled back harder than he’d meant do and banged his knee against the cart.

“So sorry!” said the girl.

“No, it’s my bad. Sorry...” He recognized her as she fixed him in her bright blue gaze. I-something, he thought. “Ah, um ... Ima ... Ema...” He cursed himself for forgetting her name already.

If she was offended, she played it off. With a nod in greeting, she said, “Imogen. Hello, again. I, er, cannot recall your name. I apologize.” She even bowed her head as she said it. That was a first for him.

After thinking of a proper response, he said, “No problem. It’s Colin.”

They both stood there, her shifting as if she felt as awkward as he did. Not far off, he noticed a few other kids around her age glancing at her and chuckling amongst themselves. She ignored them.

“Did I miss something?” He jumped when his mother spoke just inches from his ear. She was studying the girl, then scowled at him. “Stop flirting with every lady you come across. We got food to buy.”

His face burned as he hurried off, pushing the car along as if he was quickly searching the next item on the list. In truth, he had forgotten what he was supposed to be looking for and just wanted out of there. Eventually, he recalled he was carrying the list she had written the night before, and preceded to finish the shopping while Annabeth remained AWOL. It wasn’t until he reached the checkout that he found her again, hanging out in the front of the store with Imogen. Unlike Mel, she didn’t look too comfortable being the focus of Annabeth’s attention. Or anyone’s, really. He spotted the group from earlier finishing their checkout for party food, and they quickly saw Imogen.

“I thought she was dead,” said one girl so decked up Colin wondered if her life goal was porn actress.

“Nah, her and her sister are just popping so many pills, they might as well be,” said another, showing a bit more restraint on the makeup.

The guys and third girl joined in making snide comments as they passed, while one of the guys also took a bit too long leering at Annabeth. His mom ignored them while scratching her cheek with her middle finger until they were gone. She then patted Imogen’s arm.

“I apologize for that,” said the girl. “I will be going now.”

“With all those bags? Is your mom waiting in the parking lot?” Imogen shook her head. “Then we’re taking you home. Colin, chop chop.”

“Bite me. Sorry.” The checkout lady glared at him as she began ringing up his groceries. Once that was done, he followed them out to the car as Imogen continued to protest weakly. She really did have way too many bags to be carrying home.

Although she had a bike, she explained that the chain had broken loose, so she couldn’t ride it until she figured out how to fix it. She planned on tying the bags to the handles and pushing it back to the B&B. Colin thought of offering to help, but had never even mastered riding a bike. His mom - back then at least - considered it too dangerous and hated bicycles.

“No way you should be doing this by yourself,” said Annabeth.

“No, it is okay,” said Imogen. “I do this all the time. Miss Coleman doesn’t have a car, so she gives me her credit card to do the shopping. It is part of my job, so I don’t mind.”

“Can’t you get your parents or a sibling to help you?”

Her gaze wavered. “My parents left town a few years ago. My sister is ... at work, I believe. Besides, she is terrible at shopping. She gets too much junk food or never any vegetables. And she will spend too much of Miss Coleman’s money.”

“Then at least this time we can help. Colin?”

He tossed their groceries into the truck bed, then carefully stacked Imogen’s on top. As she climbed into the cab, Colin felt a bit nervous, as they were essentially trapping this timid girl between them. She kept her hands clasped in her lap as he made sure to lean against the door, giving her as much space as he could.

It was a five-minute drive back to the museum. This place is too freaking small, he thought. Unfortunately, he doubted he’d have thought of something to say even if he’d had twenty minutes. Imogen sat quietly next to him, alternating between glancing at them and watching people pass by. Annabeth tried to engage her in conversation, but the girl only offered one- or two-word responses. Once they arrived, she got out quickly.

“Wow, this is a museum? Oh, a B&B!”

“Yes. The proprietor’s name is Margaret Coleman, but we all call her Maggie.” For the first time, the girl showed more curiosity than nervousness.

“We’ve always wanted to try one, haven’t we?”

Colin glanced at her, a bit surprised. “You and Dad did it for a honeymoon, right? And you are the one who really likes these things.”

She looked confused for a few seconds, then clapped her hands and said, “Oh, right, we did. But I prefer to forget certain things.”

Imogen was watching them like a tennis match, swiveling her head back and forth to follow the current speaker. Then her stare focused on him again. “You do not like this place?”

“Eh? Oh no! I just ... I have a thing about sleeping in other people’s beds, even hotel beds. Just can’t do it.”

“Yeah, so whenever he gets lucky, he’ll have to sneak the girl into my house.” If there had been a cliff or busy freeway nearby, he wanted to run to it as fast as possible. Annabeth just stood there smiling, proud of her latest utter humiliation of her son. Imogen’s face turned into a mask for several moments as Annabeth offered to begin taking the groceries inside. Thus, they were left outside together, both unable to speak.

Eventually, he grabbed the rest of her groceries and followed his traitorous mother inside while Imogen trailed behind. They found Annabeth perusing the town’s artifacts with genuine interest.

Colin leaned over to the girl and said, “I bet she’d like a tour. Just ignore most of what she says from now on.”

Imogen hopped to it, showing no more apprehension as she began explaining the items to his mom. He made himself useful and took the groceries through the hallway to the kitchen. There, he saw the shadow again, moving near the fridge.

“Oh! Um, hello, young man.” The shadow stood a bit taller and smiled at him. The shivers continued to race through his body despite his stupid mistake. It was just the proprietor getting something from her own fridge, with the lights off.

“E-excuse me, ma’am. My mom and I were helping Imogen. We ran into her at the store and offered a ride home.”

“Imogen?” For the second time, he saw a mother stare without seeing anything as she tried to remember something very simple. She was older than Annabeth, but he doubted by too many years. The woman’s beauty hadn’t waned much over the years, time making her appear more tired than aged. Her blonde hair was only starting to show gray, and most of the wrinkles on her face were centered around her eyes. Those eyes, which were a lighter shade of blue than Imogen’s, widened in remembrance. “Oh yes, my helper. Thank you so much for your help. Although this is certainly a first.” She glanced him over and asked, “How old are you? Not a classmate of hers, I presume.”

“Junior, ma’am. My friends and I came here before to see the museum. She’s a nice girl.” Why did I have to add that? he wondered with a twinge of panic.

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.