Retribution
Chapter 12: Australia

Copyright© 2017 by Thornfoote

Brisbane, Australia. Linda and the girls were enchanted. Fascinated. The whole atmosphere was so much like home and so different at the same time. The signs were in English. The streets and cars looked the same. Just different. The Australian cars had the steering wheels on the wrong side and they all drove on the wrong side of the road too. This would take some getting used to.

“What’s the name of this place again, Fred?” asked Linda

“Meriton Suites in Adelaide Street. We have adjoining suites. Great view of the Brisbane River.”

What’s an Adelaide? whispered Tink.

It’s some kind of Australian drink, like gatorade, whispered Linda.

Too right, added Ret.

What a load of rubbish, whispered Mouse.

All four girls erupted in laughter. Australia was going to be fun!

“What’s so funny, Linda?” Fred asked.

“Nothing much. I was just thinking about that man calling me a Sheila,” Linda answered.

“I got a text message from Diane. She and her crew from Ping also arrived this morning. They’re staying in a different hotel. She’d like to meet up with us for dinner tonight. Mike will be here in a day or two also. He had to make some arrangements in LA before he could leave.”

“Sounds fine to me. What else is on my schedule?”

“It’s going to take us two or three days to get over this jet lag and I have some running around to do, checking local courses out and meetings with the local golf cognoscenti.”

What’s a cognoscenti? Tink asked.

You can google it, but I think it means big shot in Aussie, Linda whispered.

“So what exactly does that mean for me?”

“There’s a good gym here in the hotel, so get your regular workouts in the mornings. You have the afternoons and evenings off, until I say different, that is. Now finish your lunch and let’s go up to the rooms, unpack and catch some sleep. We’ll meet up for dinner with Diane around seven. Before I forget, the gambling and drinking age here is eighteen. Don’t go crazy now. Keep that clean cut American-Girl image that Ping wants out of the news.”

Out of the news is easy and hard, whispered Mouse. Depends on whether or not Angel arrived with us.

I’m sure Ret will find us something to do on one of her recons, Tink added.

Already searching, whispered Ret.

Liar. You’re wondering what we should do with that backpack full of gems and money, whispered Linda.

“Linda? You’re staring off into space again. If you were a blonde I’d be tempted to call you an air-head.”

“I was just thinking about my life in general, and how different things are than when I first left the foster homes.”

Good job on hiding the backpack from TSA and Australian Customs, Mouse, whispered Tink.

“I’ll bet you never imagined all this.”

Mouse flexed her mental muscles. I can camo just about anything now, she whispered.

Be quiet girls. It’s impossible for me to carry on two conversations at the same time, Linda whispered. “Not a chance. I never touched a golf club before, and never met an Israeli either,” she told Fred.

Fred choked on a mouthful of coffee, and said, “Don’t even mention Israel in jest. That’s one place we won’t be playing in a tournament. You’ve finished eating. Now get up to your room and get some sleep.”

Upstairs in her room the girls sat down for a chat before nap time. We have over four hundred thousand now in the backpack, and those small leather bags full of gems. I’m open to suggestions on what to do with it all, Linda whispered.

I think we should throw a major party and invite mostly guys. Hunky Australian guys with that accent to die for, Mouse whispered suggestively. Makes our panties wet when I hear them talking.

Is that what happened? It felt gross to me. Squishy panties isn’t on my fave clothing list, whispered Tink.

It’s not just Mouse’s fault. I get tingly when I hear them, too, Ret added.

Wait ‘till you get a bit older, Tink. Maybe you’ll understand better then, Linda said.

The question of all that money still remains, Ret reminded them.

Linda whispered, I think we should keep about twenty thousand for emergencies and donate the rest to some local charity, anonymously.

What about the gemstones? Mouse asked.

Maybe we could have some nice jewelry made while we’re here, Tink suggested.

A diamond and emerald necklace with matching earrings would look hot, Mouse whispered.

If we have enough stones we could make a set with the sapphires and another with the rubies, too, whispered Ret.

All good ideas. But for now, I’m getting sleepy. Let’s crash for a bit so we’re fresh for dinner with Diane. I suspect she has some interesting ideas to tell us about, Linda whispered.

At 6 p.m. Linda’s phone alarm woke her from the nap. She got up, showered, added makeup and brushed out her hair. Linda decided to wear the purple dress with white trim provided by Diane.

At least we’re not wearing purple heels or sneakers, Mouse complained.

I kinda like the purple stuff, Tink whispered.

Linda responded, Diane says it’s all about branding or something like that.

Eww. Branding sounds painful. I hope we get a cute brand if we have to get one, whispered a concerned Tink.

You’re thinking about tattoos. They do hurt some when you get them. I think Diane was talking more about setting up a public persona, Ret explained.

Not another Persona. There’s enough of us already, answered Tink.

Different kind of persona, Linda whispered.

If we get the earrings we’ll need our ears pierced, added Mouse. Maybe our nipples too! Gems in our nipples!

The ears probably, nipples, not, Linda said firmly.

Spoilsport, whined Mouse.

Let’s go eat. We’re late and I’m starving, Ret said.

When Linda walked up to the table Diane and Fred were already deep in conversation. A starter platter of grilled shrimp and mushrooms was sitting on the table, untouched. Linda planned to touch it. A lot.

“Fred, listen to me. I’m not trying to say you’ve done a bad job. You’ve done great. You’re not a manager though. You, my friend are a fantastic coach and mentor, but Linda needs a professional manager. Now! She is going to make millions and millions of dollars. It’s past time to move her into a more professional atmosphere.”

“I still say I can do both,” Fred grumbled.

“Okay, Fred. Here’s the bottom line: She needs an accounting firm for taxes, a legal firm on retainer, a publicist, a personal assistant, an investment firm, a chauffeur, a bodyguard, and probably more that I’ve missed. The manager, accounting and legal should have been set-up before we left LA. My God, her account with Ping already has almost half a million in royalties, and we don’t know where to send the money. You share in all that she makes, so you need an accountant and legal help too. Concentrate on making Linda the best damn golfer in the world, and let professionals handle the details.”

“What you said makes a lot of sense, Diane. How do we get started with all this?” Linda asked.

Ret, see if you can calm Fred down. Send calming thoughts or something, Linda whispered.

Ohmmm ... Ohmmm... , Ret whispered, then started giggling.

Okay, okay. Just try to get him to relax a bit. This will all work out fine, Linda said.

“You think we need a manager, Linda?” Fred asked.

“Just look at your schedule the next three or four days. You’re running around taking care of details that someone else should be doing, instead of spending your time helping me. We can afford this, and like Diane said, I think we need the help.”

“Alright then. Any suggestions, Diane?”

“Here is the contact information for three great professional managers. Get the manager hired first and let her take care of everything else. She’ll send representatives to interview with you and Linda so you can pick people and firms you feel comfortable with.”

“These are all women managers,” Fred said.

“That’s because, if you haven’t noticed, Linda is a woman,” Diane smiled at him. “On top of that there are better women managers available than men. Prejudice and all that...”

“Oh. Right. This all okay with you then, Linda?”

“Yes, fine. Now let’s eat. I could starve to death if I just sat here listening to the two of you.”

“Yes, let’s eat. I’ll call these three and see if any of them can fly down here for an interview. Otherwise, we have to wait until we return.”

Over dessert, which Linda enjoyed and the other two just watched, Diane said, “Linda, you have any plans for the evening?”

“Nothing special. I was thinking of just wandering around looking at stuff.”

“Good. We’re going clubbing. The casinos on the Gold Coast have some of the best clubs. Gambling too, if you’re interested.”

Mates? I mean men? Mouse asked.

Of course men, laughed Ret.

Gambling! added Tink.

“Let’s go then.”

“The hotel has a shuttle bus to the major casinos on the strip. I’ll text the camera team to meet us there.”

As they walked to the bus Linda said, “What camera team?”

“We brought a full camera team. Still pictures and video. The camera loves you. That photo shoot in LA turned out great. You won’t even notice them. Hardly. Linda, let’s be honest. You’re never going to be beautiful, but you are cute as a bug, even with the braces. Customers are going to love you and your whole line of merchandise.”

Linda sighed. “Okay, Diane, but next time give me some warning so I can prepare.”

“We want to catch the natural Linda. Out and about for a night of fun.”

She should have seen us in Tijuana, flying over Cartel compounds and dissolving thugs, laughed Ret.

Nobody sees what Mouse hides, bragged Mouse.

Thank God for that, whispered Tink.

“I would still prefer a bit of notice. I don’t like surprises much. Next time warn me or I’m not going along with it.”

“Okay, next time you get fair warning. Now, let’s hit some casinos and have fun!”

At the Golden Onion Casino, Linda wanted to gamble a bit and Diane wanted to listen to some music, so they split up and agreed to meet up again at eleven for some hardcore dancing. Linda walked into the gambling area, and went over to the cashier and bought three thousand dollars worth of one hundred dollar chips. Several people were placing bets and watching the spinning wheel. She placed three chips in separate bets on three different numbers. All three lost. She bet another three hundred and lost again. The third time she bet Linda made the spinning ball drop onto one of the numbers she bet on. Nine hundred dollars wagered, thirty-five hundred paid back. Half an hour later Linda was up by over ten thousand dollars and she changed to the high rollers table, where she began betting with thousand dollar chips. Losing nine thousand to win back thirty-five thousand. She was up over one hundred thousand when Ret spoke up.

The Pit Boss has been watching us. They’ve no idea how we are winning, but they’re going to start cheating us. They can make the ball pop out of one hole and move to another one. When we win they’re going to start moving the ball to a loser, Ret whispered.

Linda placed one of her expected to lose bets. Suggestions?

There are three people from the gaming commission here under cover. They’re already suspicious of this casino. I’ve got their attention and they are moving over this way to observe. A man and two women, whispered Ret.

Good, responded Tink. We can keep winning and own this casino.

Too much publicity. We want to keep more of a low profile than that. I don’t want to see the morning papers full of ‘Amateur Golfer Breaks the Bank at Casino,’ Linda told her.

Let’s prove they’re cheating then. Win and force them to try and move the ball on us. Let the inspectors catch them, whispered Ret.

I like that plan, Linda whispered back as she placed a single bet for ten thousand dollars on sixteen. Three hundred fifty thousand to win!

The croupier looked over at the Pit Boss who nodded at him, spun the wheel and rolled the ball. Linda took control as the ball slowed down and dropped it into sixteen. The crowd gathered around watching began cheering and yelling, then the ball popped out of sixteen and moved to another number. The wheel was barely turning, there was no way the ball should have come loose. Linda moved it right back to sixteen and smiled at the croupier.

The female inspector raised her badge high in the air and declared, “This table and the entire casino is closed for suspected illegal game operations.”

Her male counterpart told the croupier to pay Linda, then took her over to the cashier’s cage to cash in her chips. “They were trying to cheat you. We’ve been watching them for months and couldn’t catch them. Now we have enough to shut them down and examine all the machines. You’re a tourist at a hotel here?”

“Yes,” Linda replied.

“Have the cashier wire your money to the hotel for you. Much safer that way.”

Linda had the cashier wire just over three hundred thousand dollars to the Meriton Suites. One hundred sixty thousand was withheld for Australian taxes.

Now we have even more money to donate someplace. If we don’t, we’re gonna need a bigger backpack! Mouse muttered.

Let’s go find Diane and change casinos. I feel like dancing, Linda whispered.

Linda found Diane already sitting with two guys. She walked up, and said, “Hey, Diane. Ready to go clubbing now? I’ve had all the fun I can stand at the tables.”

“Linda, this is Steve and Davy. Guys, this is Linda. Isn’t she cute?”

“G’day, Linda,” Steve offered and reached for her hand.

Davy said “G’day, Luv. I’m with Diane so you’re stuck with ugly Stevo.”

Stevo wasn’t ugly. In fact he was quite good looking. Over six feet tall with short dark hair and lots of muscles. He even kissed Linda’s hand.

“Don’t pay any attention to Davy. No one else does. He’s right used to it. Sort of his comfort zone you see.”

“Hey now, Mate. I got my Sheila, now you got yours. Let’s go next door. Their shutting this dump down anyway.”

The party moved to the casino just down the street, and the boys ushered the ladies into the dancing lounge. They found an empty table and ordered drinks. Linda went with the strawberry daiquiri, suggested by Steve and discovered it tasted great.

“Care to dance with me, Luv?” Steve asked as he took her arm and pulled her to her feet.

Linda looked at Diane and she just winked at her. It looked like Davy’s hand was sliding up Diane’s thigh.

“Let’s go then. I’m not much of a dancer,” Linda warned Steve.

“That’s alright. You’ll catch on soon enough.”

The couple danced for two fast songs, then the band played a slow number. Steve took Linda in his arms and pulled her close.

Eeek, I can feel his thingy, whispered Linda.

It feels as good as I always imagined, whispered Mouse.

You should see his mind. He has plans for us that involve a horizontal position, whispered Ret.

I’m going to sleep. Wake me in the morning. I don’t need to see all this sex stuff. It’s gross, whispered Tink.

Steve leaned in close and kissed Linda’s neck, then nibbled up to her ear. Linda said, “Not so fast, sexy. I think we need a drink to cool off some.”

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.