Return - Cover

Return

Copyright© 2017 by MichaelT65

Chapter 11

Monday morning was quiet at the gym, Mario had skipped college today as we got in very late last night. He was trying to show Angela how to use some equipment when we heard a loud crash. Everyone turned to the direction of the sound. Running towards Mario and Angela was Johnny the youth Mario had trouble with a few days back. As he got closer, reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a knife. From nowhere Mario’s dad jumped in front of Johnny trying to push him away, but the impact knocked them both over. Johnny quickly got up seen blood on his hands he ran out of the gym. Harry was lying on his side motionless with a pool of blood growing around him.

Mario dropped to his knees shouting. “Dad, dad.” Taking him in his arms shaking him.

I quickly ran to the other side checking his pause, then trying to do CPR on him. Looking up I said to Angela to call an ambulance and for someone to bring the First Aid box. The ambulance arrived in ten minutes. All the time since the attack I was doing CPR on him. When the paramedics took over, they also tried electro shock but with no success. A few minutes later they looked up at me shaking their head from left to right. On seen this Mario let out a big scream. “nooo nooo!”

When Johnny ran into him, the knife went into one of his heart arteries causing Harry to bleed a lot, causing his death. Johnny was picked up by the police two days later. He was arrested for manslaughter. I closed the gym for the rest of the week. Mario went to stay at home to be close to his mum.

It has been three days since Harry died, sitting here in my living room not answering my phone or the door bell. Thinking if I should stay or go back to Wales. Picking up my iPhone then taking the Range Rover keys out of my pocket I put them together on the kitchen counter. Putting my clothes in a suitcase, I made my way to my car.

It was late when I got to Porthmadog, on driving up to Mrs Watson property I notice all the lights were out. “she must be asleep.” I grabbed my belongings from the car going straight to the cottage. Had a shower then straight to bed. I was so tired I was fast asleep within minutes.

Waking up to the sound of knocking on the door, looking at my watch it was 7 am. Quickly getting dressed, I opened the front door. “Good morning Mrs Watson.”

Standing there with her hands crossed across her chest she said. “Good morning George, did you miss me that much that you came back.”

After making us a cup of tea, we both sat in the living room. I started from the day I left Wales in detail all the events that happened up to the day that Harry got stabbed.

Mrs Watson listened to everything I said to her when I finished she learnt over took my hand. She said. “George by the sound of it a lot of people depend on you. You have everything back home. By coming to Wales, you are just running away from your responsibilities. Stay until the end of the week then go back to your loved once.

The next couple of days I did some DIY jobs around Mrs Watson’s property. They were minor things, but it helped me to keep my mind away from other things. In the evening I would have a meal with Mrs Watson, then enjoy her company with a bottle of beer on her porch, just sitting there in the quiet of the night just looking up at the stars. “Are you ready to go home, George,” She said.

“Tomorrow afternoon Mrs Watson,” I said.

I got up early on Sunday morning, looking out the window, Heavy clouds had gathered over Porthmadog as far as the eye could see. Putting my running gear on I stepped outside to prepare myself for my run. Finishing off my warm up I looked ahead seen the lighthouse at the end of some cliffs, the distance was twelve kilometres through rough terrain.

Taking a deep breath, I started the run going through all the obstacles avoiding rocks and puddles. It didn’t take long when the heavens opened up with a flood of rain, making it much harder to run. Hurdling over rocks and leaping over streams of water created by the rain. Getting closer to my destination the pain in my legs was unbearable, caused from the rough terrain. On reaching the lighthouse, I just dropped onto my knees, stretching my arms out I shouted. “What have I done to deserve all this.” Suddenly there was a big flash of light followed some seconds later by the sound of thunder vibrating the core of my spine. I stayed like that for a few minutes feeling the drops of rain on my face and body as it cooled me down. Slowly getting up I started to make my way back to the cottage, this time taking it easy.

When I finished, it was straight into the shower. Letting the hot water run over my body for a while to warm me up. Quickly getting dressed then started to make my way to Mrs Watson’s house.

Entering the house from the back through the kitchen I didn’t notice the car parked in front of the house. Not seen her in the kitchen I carried on walking towards the living room at the same time shouting. “I think it’s time to go home Mrs Watson.” On entering the living room, I stopped. Sitting on the single couch was Mrs Watson, on the double was my mum and Jacky.

“Mum, Jacky why are you here.”

“We found him, George, we found your son,” Jacky said.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.