Restored - Cover

Restored

Copyright© 2017 by MichaelT65

Chapter 6

Monday I was up at the crack of dawn, once I was ready I made my way downstairs to the inn, make myself a cup of coffee. A few minutes later, Patsy walked in carrying a couple of bags, surprised to see me, she said. “You’re up early today, and that smell is that cologne I smell on you?”

To change the subject, I went over to take the bags from her. “Let me help you put the shopping away Patsy.”

Pulling them back as she held them tight, she said. “Don’t change the subject with me, young man. I saw what was going on last night.”

“Nothing happened last night!”

“Yes exactly, if I delayed a few more minutes something would have happened.”

“Oh, I just fixed her car for her.”

“You repaired her car alright, by the way, what did you two do to Billy? I could not wake him up for the love of god last night, so I just left him here last night.”

“We took him for a walk at River Lea.” Taking my backpack, I threw it over my shoulder as I made my way out. “I’ll be back at midday to start my shift.”

“Steve!”

“Yes, boss.”

“Just be careful, don’t get too attached to this young lady, she will be gone after the summer. Ryan is different from the rest of his family; he has been through a lot. He was a ruthless lawyer before his son died. But the Tate family hasn’t changed, they are hard as stone towards outsiders, especially if you don’t have a degree under your belt.”

“Thank you for your advice, Patsy. I will be vigilant.”

When I got to Ryans, I went straight to the garage to start on the Vantage. Lifting the hood, I stood back rubbing my chin while trying to figure out where to start. Feeling someone’s presence behind me, I turned to see who it was.

“Good morning Steve, it’s not the same as the MG is it?” It was Ryan.

Taking off my jacket I threw it on the work bench, I then started to roll up my sleeve’s. “No sir this is no MG, but with your permission, I will give it my best.” Getting a spanner, I started to unbolt the terminals on the battery.

Walking over to the car, Ryan leant towards the engine bay to see what I was doing. “That is what I like to hear from you. I better make myself useful and brew some coffee.”

“No need to, the coffee is ready.” It was Lisa’s voice.

Both turning we saw Lisa coming towards us with a tray, on it three mugs. After a quick break to have our coffee, I went back to work on the car, Ryan and Lisa disappeared back into the house. A few minutes later Lisa appeared, wearing a mechanics overall with her long blonde hair tied up. Went over to the tool box, took a spanner while looking at the engine.

“Where do I start?” She said.

“Ryan, what was our budget for this project? I think it’s going to double by the looks of it.”

Squinting her eyes, she lightly pushed my shoulder.

I worked on the Aston Martin every day, Lisa next to me from the moment I was at Ryan’s house till the time I left. Even when Ryan came to the Inn with his friends, Lisa would come with him, sit at the bar till they left. All the time I would tell her. “Go around Hertfordshire; there is a lot of history to learn about the area.” When she wasn’t with me, she would read or help her uncle around the house.

On Sundays, we would always do something together. She would insist that we go with my bike, but I refused to take the bike out. Saying the bike has some mechanical problem, to carry two passengers. The real reason was, I was scared to ride the bike with a passenger, especially Lisa. I already lost someone close to me in an accident which was my fault. I wanted so much to tell her the reason, but I was scared I would lose her if she knew about my past.

It was on a warm Sunday afternoon in late August, Lisa and I decided not to go anywhere far this weekend. Making some sandwiches, we decided to have a picnic at River Lea. We enjoyed the day together, having a picnic which we both enjoyed very much, ending up eating more than we should have.

By late afternoon we were lying on our backs, surrounded by grass, watching the clouds moving above us. Gliding the palm of my hand over the grass, I touched Lisa’s fingers with the tip of my fingers. Stopping at that point, I took her hand in mine and held it, just lying there watching the line of smoke from a plane evaporating slowly.

“The summer is nearly over it will be time to go.” She said bringing me back to earth.

“What are your plans?” I said.

“Go back home, start work at my father’s firm in October. He is a well-established architect in London. I will eventually take over the company.” She said it with great enthusiasm.

Remembering what Patsy told me a few weeks ago. I said, “Will I ever see you again?” While turning my head slightly away from her, so she wouldn’t see my eyes moist up.

“You can always get a job in London when you finish my uncle’s car. With the skills and knowledge you have on cars, they would have to be fools not to employee you.” She said as she jumped on top of me, putting her head down on my chest. “Your heart is beating fast.”

When she lifted her head back up, I reached taking her in my arms, kissing her passionately on the lips, staying like that for a while. When I eventually let her go, she looked at me for a second before she spoke. “WOW, you should have warned me first.”

“Sorry I should have... !” Not letting me finish my sentence she attacked my lips with hers, this time with more passion.

It was almost dark when we got back to the Inn, both of us famished, I quickly fried up something for us to eat. When we finished our meal, we made our way to the couch with our coffees. Carrying on where we left in River Lea. Showing each other how we felt about one another. Around midnight we decided to take our party upstairs, that is when we got to the next level. That is when we became one. I had found the woman I wanted to share my love with for the rest of my life. But I had to find a way to tell her about my past.

The weeks that followed were a dream come true. My love for Lisa grew stronger each day, but at the same time, my nightmare was my past. Every day I would wake up with one thought in my mind. When I eventually tell her about my past, what her reaction would be. There was not one day we wouldn’t spend together. She would help me with restoring the Vantage. When at the Inn she would be at the bar waiting for me till closing time. Some nights she would stay with me, others she would go to her uncle’s house.

As time was getting nearer for her to go back home, I worried more on telling her about myself. All the fear and frustration started to show in my mood. I was miserable around the people that showed me love and trust. I began to get depressed; I needed to do something soon before Lisa went for good.

One morning, as I was making my way out of the Inn, to go around Ryans to do some work on the Vantage, Patsy called me back.

“Steve can you come here please.”

“Yes, boss.”

“What the fuck is wrong with you? You have become one miserable bum, even the customers are complaining about you. Look I don’t want to see your face around here for a couple of days. When you come back, I want to see the Steve I met back in November!”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.