Young Life of White Tiger - Cover

Young Life of White Tiger

Copyright© 2017 by Anthill Mob

Chapter 16 - Halloween Dance

Another big social event coming up was the Halloween dance. I wasn’t planning on attending, with my social status being so low at the present time.

Unfortunately for me, other people had plans for me which I didn’t know about.

My best friend had actually done something impressive, he had asked out the girl he liked to be his date for the dance.

He told me about it the morning after he did it, for once he was on the bus as he didn’t have practice that morning.

He told me he had been scared silly, but had worked up the courage finally to ask April out, that was the girl he liked, she was a sophomore like he was, and they shared several classes and spoke often before each class started.

The dance was costumed themed of course, so now he was stressing about what sort of costume he could get with the limited budget he had.

That was something else we had finally got round to talking about. He didn’t have a lot of spare cash, he had done some part time work on some of the farms in the area during school breaks, to help out during the busy months for some extra cash. He had a small allowance from his parents, but with buying food and doing other activities when out with his friends, he didn’t have much left over.

I called that evening to talk to him about the dance. I wanted this to be good for him, so I decided if that was to happen, then I was going to have to admit to him about my money.

I just hoped he would let me help him out. He must have been aware that my present to the advanced driving course wasn’t cheap, but he might have thought that I had persuaded my parents to purchase it for him on my behalf.

“Rory, how special an evening would you like to make this for April?” I asked

“I will be treating her like a princess all night.” He stammered. I could tell by his voice he was a bundle of nerves about this date. I laughed, “I meant what have you got planned for the evening to make it special for the two of you?”

“What do you mean Jack?”

“I know you have said your budget isn’t the best, what sort of costume are you thinking about?” I queried.

“I was just going to go as something simple, I was thinking a lumberjack or similar, jeans and a checked shirt with some cheap accessories would work alright.” He hurriedly replied.

“Rory, you don’t know anything about this, but I have something to confess.” I admitted.

Rory sounded confused and slightly worried, “What is that Jack?”

“You know that my family is reasonably well off.” I asked.

“Well my present did give me that impression, yeah.” Rory admitted.

“My parents didn’t pay for your present, I did.” I admitted.

“Christ that must have cut into your allowance savings.” Rory stated.

“Not really Rory, I have a lot of money, I will explain how later.

I want to help you out with this dance, I know you want April to have a great evening and enjoy your first date, without you having to blow all your savings to do it.”

“Jack I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn’t feel right taking money off you to pay for my date.” He said emphatically.

“I get what you’re saying Rory, believe me I understand your position, but here me out alright. How were you planning on going to the dance, having your Dad take you in his truck? I know that loads of kids will get to the party like that, but is that how you want your first date with April to start?” I asked.

The silence was deafening, I could imagine him visualizing that happening. “Yeah that doesn’t sound great, what are you proposing?” he replied.

“How many other dates will turn up with their dates in a limo?” I asked.

“Maybe a few of the seniors with jobs, or other well off kids might I suppose.” he responded.

“Would you like to be one of them?”

“Of course, but I can’t afford that!”

“Exactly, but I can, plus a costume that is rented or bought, I think that would be appreciated much more by your date, than what you have planned so far. Do you know what she is planning on wearing?”

“No, she said it was going to be a surprise, but I do know it will be rented, I heard her and a friend mentioning going to a store in town to get what they wanted.”

“Look I don’t want to sound pushy, but you need my help to do this right. I think you need to swallow your pride and let me take care of this so you both have a great night. I promise not to go overboard, but I will just get your essentials for the evening sorted out, you can pay for the evening activities on that night if you want to, I will give you some emergency funds to cover you should you need it. Before you bulk at that, just think about it, it’s better to have the option if you need it, rather than have to feel like a total douche, because you can’t do what you and April want due to a lack of funds.”

“I don’t know Jack, what your suggesting seems like it will take a bunch of money. If you were going as well, I might consider it, but to help me date April, it just seems wrong somehow.”

“Rory can you keep a big secret for me?”

“Uh I guess so, sorry of course I can, I never break a trust, and you can ask anyone.”

“I know that, I just needed to hear you say that you would. You know the house we live in right, well I bought the house, not my parents, it’s mine, bought outright. Does that tell you the sort of money I have available?”

“Jesus Jack, what the hell happened that you have that sort of cash, that’s insane for a freshman in high school. Why if your family has that sort of money, did your parents not pay for the house?” Rory inquired.

“That’s just it Rory, I have more money than my parents do. I am not going to go into it now, but suffice it to say, I want to do this night right for you, I can afford to, and I want you to accept my money in friendship to make it as special as it can be.”

“This is a lot to take in Jack, I will need some time to think it over. If you have all this money why haven’t you mentioned something before now?”

“Because I wanted everyone to like me for me and not because I had money, Rory, I wanted them to want to know me based upon my character, not because I would pay for things.” I explained.

“Yeah I can see that, alright let me think about this ok.”

It took a few days, but when a couple of other students at school mentioned plans and outfits they were getting, Rory relented. I got hold of a limo service that would provide a car and driver for the evening. Rory also went out and rented an outfit with some money I gave him.

Then the wrinkle in my plans occured, I was at Rory’s house chatting about the arrangements when I heard raised voices coming from upstairs. Rory and I exchanged a look at the noise. Chloe and Mrs. Burns entered the kitchen where we sat.

“So when did you think of mentioning that you wanted to go to the dance young lady.” Mrs. Burns demanded.

“Rory is going, so why can’t I?” Chloe demanded.

“Because Rory is sixteen and actually asked permission to go.” Mrs. Burns stated.

“Well a boy has asked me to be his date for the evening. As Rory was going I thought it was fine for me to go.” Chloe pleaded.

“Well I don’t know this boy you’re talking about, you haven’t ever mentioned him before, so no you’re not going with him.” Mrs. Burns stated, setting down the law.

“Mommmm.” Chloe whined.

“If I were to allow you to go, it would have to be with a date I approved of.” Mrs. Burns resolutely said.

“Alright I will ask him to come and meet Dad and you, would you then let him take me?” Chloe asked.

“Who is he and how old is he?” Mrs. Burns requested.

“His name is Adam Smith and he is a junior.” Chloe explained.

“Hell No! There is no way on God’s green earth you are going with a junior, I know of only one boy who I would allow you to go with.” Mrs. Burns said.

“Who might that be?” Chloe asked worriedly.

“Jack.” Mrs. Burns stated.

“There’s no way am I going with that dick.” Chloe demanded.

“Whoa, was I going to be involved in this discussion at all.” I asked.

“NO!” both Chloe and Mrs. Burns shouted. I looked at Rory who just shrugged his shoulders and tried to make himself as small as possible, just so he didn’t get involved, that isn’t easy for a guy who is six foot already and already pretty well muscled.

“Well it is your choice, you can go to the dance if you’re determined, but your date will be Jack young lady. I know what you were planning to do to Jack with your friends, and this is your punishment for what you have been pulling recently.” Mrs. Burns explained.

Chloe went very pale, looked at me and then blushed, pale and red together produced a very strange hue.

“So it’s up to you Chloe, how determined are you about going to this dance? You either go with Jack, or you stay home.”

“Fine, Jack you better not embarrass me!” Chloe stated before storming off.

“Uh Mrs. Burns, don’t you think I better ask my parents if they are alright with this?” I didn’t even bother trying to say I didn’t want to do it, I don’t think I was being given that option.

“They already know, Jack. I cleared it with your Mom a few days ago.”

I was a little pissed. A little warning about this might have been nice. I was going to be having a word with my Mom and Dad about this.

Rory found it hilarious how I had been manipulated by the females, and had just capitulated when being told what was to happen.

Well, I obviously had more things to plan now, and not a lot of time to do it. So I headed home to make a start. I called the limo service on my cell during the walk. Luckily, they still had another car and driver available; it wasn’t a limo like Rory would be in, but it was a nice town car. I thought that was perfect actually since it was only a faux date anyway.

A costume took some thinking, and I wanted something that would conceal my identity. I may not have been on the best terms with Chloe, but I understood how bad it could affect her popularity and reputation, if she was seen attending with me.

Now normally my go-to outfit for a costume party, was to wear a Ninja suit, well my shinobi with a head mask. Unfortunately, too many people at school already knew about my martial arts training, so that might not exactly conceal my identity.

When I got home I started my computer to do some internet browsing of elaborate costumes that were available. I needed one that provided a full face mask, and that limited the number I could get, plus the short notice, cut down on the availability of some costumes.

I did find one I was tempted by, but it wasn’t really practical for the dance, it was Poe from Kung Fu Panda, there was even a Tigress outfit, which would have suited someone like Chloe. I tried a few of the other main characters, but they weren’t suitable either, but one of the lesser characters just happened to be perfect. I tried to find that suit to hire, but there were none in the state of Georgia available. Not giving up, I looked for places where I could try and buy one instead, no luck there either.

When I see something I like, well let’s just say I will move heaven and earth to get it, I got on the phone to the Burns’ house, found out Chloe’s dress sizes, then gave my favorite go to man a call.

I lit a fire under his butt, telling him to go either via the manufacturers, distributors or the retailers, but I wanted the perfect costume I had found, and one for Chloe as well. I didn’t care how much it cost, just for it to be purchased and sent overnight for an early am delivery to my house so I would have it for after school tomorrow. He just laughed at me, but promised to get it done.

Then I had one more thing to do, learn how to dance, that was better than having to talk all evening. So I looked up the steps for several ballroom dances, I watched a few dance films and even practiced a couple with my Mom, to her great amusement. Satisfied that I would act like I had two left feet, and we would not be embarrassed on the dance floor, I called it a night and headed to bed.

The next day at the bus stop, I managed to convince Chloe to talk to me privately for a minute. I explained I had obtained an appropriate costume for both of us. Mine would cover my face, so no one would know who her date for the dance was.

This seemed to actually please Chloe, who though she didn’t thank me or anything, seemed to be smiling and happily chatting with her friends on the bus, whereas before that she had been pretty glum.

Saturday came around far too quickly, as promised Andy had come through for me as usual, so there I was all done up in my Tai Lung leopard suite waiting for the car to arrive, Mom had been a pain all afternoon, going on about all the dances she had attended at high school, the dates who took her, and then the dances Dad had taken her too. I noticed Dad had disappeared for most of the time out to check on the garage.

I was very thankful, when finally I could see the town car making its way up our drive.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.