Rendezvous II - Cover

Rendezvous II

Copyright© 2017 by Old Man with a Pen

Chapter 14

Hairy

Rachael was confused ... and a little pissed.

“Why is this car in my name?”

“Two good reasons,” I said. “And a couple three excuses.”

“And they are... ? “She said.

“Which?”

“The reasons.”

“I don’t have a local drivers license and you do,” I said. “And I’m not planning on staying in Denver long enough to get one.”

“And?” Rachael suggested.

“You need a car,” I said.

“And?”

“I paid cash?”

“You Didn’t!”

“I did.” I showed her the Temporary Registration. “See ... no liens.”

“Humph!”

“Where do we go for that drink?” Divert her.

<Okay!>

A heavy black Caddy switched lanes and squealed to a stop.

<Like that?>

We came so close to rear-ending the Cad, I was sure we swapped chrome off the bumpers.

“You Idiot!”

Rachael burst into tears.

“Not you!” I said, “Them.” Truly, I wasn’t referring to the Caddy them. I was referring to You Know Who.

She looked forward.

A pair of size two hats and 48” chests popped out of the Caddy front doors. They began the hike back to look at the damage.

It was then I noticed that it was a stretch limo ... a half a block stretch. This was either a gangster or Prom night ... or both.

One of the ... Suits ... Goddamn! I swear those suits took several bolts of broadcloth and they still had suspicious bulges in the underarm area ... said, “Youse guys Okay? The boss wants to know.”

Right away I knew we were dealing with the blind. Any man who called Rachael a ‘guy’ had to have considerably less than 20-20 vision.

The other Suit and bulges was looking over the rear of the Caddy and the front of the Celica. He shook his head and began the trek back up the side of the limo. I assume a window rolled down because a hand reached out and grabbed Suit 2 by the tie hard enough to turn the big fella purple.

Rachael looked a question at me.

“I’m fine ... a little shook up ... but fine.”

Rachael said, “Yeah. I’m good. You gentlemen settled an argument though.”

“Yeah? How’s that?” He looked daggers ... or maybe .357 magnum bullets at me.

“Nothing like that, sir.” Rachael said. “Now I know how good the brakes are. We just bought it not five minutes ago. I hope we didn’t flatspot the tires.”

“Guido!” Our suit called the other suit. The hand released the tie and Guido could breath again.

“Yeah?”

“Bring a couple three grand. These nice people need new tires.”

“Tires don’t cost that much,” she said. “I don’t know if they’re flated.”

The hand passed out a handful of green and Guido trotted back to the Toyota. He stuffed the handful in the window just as the cop said, “What seems to be the problem here?”

“Guido hit the wrong pedal ... didn’t ya Guido.” Our suit offered a port.

Guido took it. “Yeah. I meant to go but I stopped.” Any port in a storm.

“Well, you be careful ... we don’t want to inconvenience Mr. Luigi.”

The cop started the track and field event that eventually led to the Caddy rear window. Something was said, the cop tipped his hat and headed back to the patrol car blocking traffic. On the way by he said, “Move it.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.