Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 48: Sparta’s Wrath

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 48: Sparta’s Wrath - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

SEPTEMBER 1ST 2575

TWO HOURS BEFORE VANARI BOARD OF REGENTS GATHERING

Sarlana moved up behind them slowly as they stood in front of the massive view window in the private lounge. She knew they had smelled her the moment she made her way onto this deck of the ship. This entire section of SPARTA’S WRATH, fully two-thirds of this entire deck really, was now what she had heard many of the crew refer to as Royal Country. This deck held Androcles’ personal quarters as well as the personal quarters for Deion, Dorian and their wives and mates. It also held additional quarters for their father and mothers were they to ever be on this ship at the same time. There were also quarters for their grandmothers and perhaps four or five other family members if the time ever rose where they were all together. Sarlana knew that Androcles had intentionally placed his and Denali’s quarters in different parts of the ship so that no one attack could claim all of them. Eliani, Jomann and Brendi also had their quarters in a different section of the ship.

This would be the unofficial chain of command on SPARTA’S WRATH for Sarlana knew that Androcles trusted Denali and Eliani more than any others because of the time they had spent together in battle and outside of battle. Eliani and Zarah held a very special place within Androcles heart and mind because of the connection he had to his two sisters, and the quarters directly across from his own were reserved for Zarah and Lucia when they finally came back together as a family. Denali had begun to think and act more like his father and older brother, but he still maintained the often times humorous nature of his personality which his family had come to expect and love.

Sarlana moved gracefully into the large lounge which was on the edge of the secure area of this deck. This lounge was connected to a large mess area through the massive double doors and she could just make out perhaps two dozen men and women sitting at the many tables eating and talking. She knew this was intentional on Androcles’ part for it was something he had done on his former ship. They would always eat and mingle with their crew, and Sarlana knew that his father and mothers were the same way. It was the main reason that so many men and women within the Union adored their family. They never acted as if they were better than the next man or woman, and this mentality had earned their family near fanatical loyalty from everyone they came in contact with. Sarlana knew that they hated this sense of devotion from others, but she also knew they would not change who they were at the core of their family.

This entertainment lounge and the adjoining mess lounge were more well-guarded by members of the Durcunusaan she knew, but there was no hesitation on the part of other crew members when entering this area of the ship. The only exception to this was that the segment with their personal quarters was off limits to everyone unless they were family or had a direct invitation.

Sarlana moved up behind them now, both of them towering over her four foot eight height. She had always been much smaller than most she mused with some humor, and both Androcles and Dorian were over two meters in height and this fact made her chuckle to herself.

“It’s becoming easier isn’t it?” She spoke softly as they turned to gaze at her.

Dorian nodded his head as he reached for her hand. “Yes.”

Sarlana took his hand without thought and he drew her between them where Androcles took her other hand. “So tell me.” She spoke.

“They are proceeding as quickly as they can without drawing attention to themselves.” Andro spoke. “So far they have done a very good job of keeping Laren and Ladur’s existence hidden from everyone.”

Sarlana nodded her head. “The Livaiji Sulevfu is very good at hiding things when they want to be.” She stated. “But it will not last.”

“We know.” Dorian said.

“The connection to them?” Sarlana asked.

“It grows stronger by the hour.” Andro answered her. “We can touch Laren now without Elynth or Ryner in the connection, but it is much more focused and clear with them and Ladur.”

Sarlana nodded her head in approval. “Good. From everything I have read in the history archives about the Dahakoan, the ability to connect with one another even over vast distances was one of their strongest traits.” She looked up into Andro’s face. “You have a plan I take it?”

“We have been refining it with Murano and once our business here is done we will start to execute training on it.” He answered. “Armen is going to launch the probes in twelve hours. They will be filled with equipment and other things that Laren and Ladur need and enough of our standard gear to outfit twenty Darastrixi.”

Sarlana shook her head. “After speaking with them briefly, I got the sense from this Koppentotz Aviel that he is exceptional thorough. Can you send more equipment Androcles? I have a feeling there will be more than just the twenty.”

Andro shook his head. “Not without sending more probes. It took Armen and the crew this long just to break the probes down to the bare essentials to make the trip. How many do you think will be with them?”

Sarlana shook her head. “I do not know. Chalith and Ch’teven I have heard about only through others among the Doraanar; before they were all butchered by the Scourge. This Shalu I have never seen or heard about which means she is much younger than the others. I do know from what I could sense, that they take her safety quite personally.”

Dorian and Andro nodded. “We felt that as well.” Dorian agreed.

“And this is the only place where we can rendezvous with them?” Sarlana asked, “This old Pralor station?”

“It is not the only place but it is the most remote and out of the way.” Andro answered. “The other locations Murano showed us were too far within Scourge space to be of any use to us and it is too large a risk. This station is on the outskirts of what was once Pralor controlled space and it is the closest to the Darastrixi border. This area is now under Scourge control but it is so far out along the outer edges of their borders it is almost never traveled.”

“It’s also much shorter a trip for Laren and Ladur to make.” Dorian told her. “The less time they are on board a ship the better. At least until we are with them.”

Sarlana shook her head slowly. “It makes me uneasy.” She said softly.

“You suspect something Sarlana?” Andro asked, “A trap perhaps?”

Sarlana met his eyes and once more shook his head, “No, nothing like that, at least not from the Scourge.”

“From the Darastrixi then?” Dorian asked.

“The impression I took away from speaking with Chalith and Ch’teven was that they feared the government more than the Scourge.” Sarlana told them. “It appears as if the Urlkrisir Mamiss has been appeasing the Scourge for millennia. Allowing them to take Darastrixi Maidens every few hundred years would never have been accepted during my time. If they are willing to do this now then I have to believe that they would not hesitate to give Laren and Ladur to the Scourge if they thought it would keep our people safe. Or attempt to seize her if her existence was revealed to them.”

“They don’t see what doing that would mean?” Dorian asked somewhat surprised.

Sarlana shook her head. “I believe they are more concerned with keeping their positions and allowing things to proceed unhindered.”

“Do you think it is because of some other reason Doraanar?” Andro asked her.

Sarlana shook her head quickly knowing of Androcles’ intense hatred for traitors. It was a trait that his father shared as well as most of those Lycavorians she had been around even briefly on Manne. “No. My people, the Darastrixi, we are very set in our ways, too rigidly in my opinion. It has always been one of our faults. The Urlkrisir Mamiss are elected for life and by now those who occupy these seats will have been there for far too long.” She squeezed their hands tighter and pulled their arms closer to her. “And I have asked you both to stop calling me that.”

Dorian smiled at her. “It is what you are.” He told her.

“No. Not to you.” Sarlana answered him. “Not to any Dahakoan.”

“Appeasement is never the correct path.” Androcles spoke softly, squeezing her hand in acknowledgement of her words. “It always leads to more and more until there is no more left to give and you have to fight.”

Sarlana nodded. “I agree.” She echoed him.

“Allow me to talk with Murano once we are done here.” Andro told her. “Perhaps there is more we can do or something we haven’t thought about.”

Sarlana nodded. “I will leave that to you and Murano to work out.” She said. “I was able to use that wonderful tool you gave to me, that Mark Two Neural Booster, and I was able to pass on some additional skills for Laren and Ladur to study until we reach them. You do realize that no matter what you have passed to them, they will still be far behind you both in skills. The training regimes that you have developed over the years for your Bonded Pairs, it far exceeds any that the Darastrixi have ever used. It’s incredible to be honest. You will need to teach Laren and Ladur these methods for them to be as effective as the four of you. It should not take long given your ability to pass to one another through the Etheric realm other skills, but insure you do this almost immediately upon seeing them.”

“You are coming with us you know.” Dorian said with a grin and a twinkle in his multicolored eyes.

Sarlana immediately slapped his thick arm in response. She had spoken with Helen on more than one occasion and since being with them on this ship she had spent much time with their grandmothers Gorgo and Dasha. She knew that this is how Lycavorians showed affection and it was almost expected in a way. They may have had dragon blood within them, but they were Lycavorian and Dorian was also vampire. These things were normal to them and Sarlana had quickly determined that she needed to act in this fashion as well. It would allow them to trust and accept her even more, as well as so many other Lycavorians and vampires among their people.

“I know that Dorian Leonidas!” Sarlana snapped at him playfully. “I will not be there when you first greet them however, and I do not wish to scold you as Helen has done in the past when you forgot to do something she instructed you to do!”

Androcles laughed softly. “She has taught you all of our quirks I take it.” He said.

“Not all of them I’m sure!” Sarlana stated. “Even she does not know them all. But she told me enough of them.”

“We will not forget Sarlana.” Dorian said with a warm smile.

“See that both of you don’t.” Sarlana said in a playful but stern voice. She took their hands within hers again and squeezed them once more. “You have spoken with your mother Anja about Laren’s condition?”

Androcles and Dorian both became more serious now she noted. Laren had been very nonchalant about it, only saying that their mother could heal her. She had sensed that both Androcles and Dorian had taken it much more seriously during the conversation and had asked several pointed questions of Nahko. Andro nodded his head. “Yes. It was brief for they are busy with this new species the Tasmor.”

Sarlana nodded her head. “I have heard Nekins and Conlar speak of them, these Tasmor. A female dominated race, very proud and very stubborn. They are unique in many ways. Their males are so few that nature has allowed many of their females to take on male roles but still look female. Many of them are quite beautiful.” She looked at Andro. “Your father did not start something did he?”

“Thankfully no.” Andro said with a small laugh. “They actually have been helping the branch of our people that father found out there. Things became exciting when these Kintaur showed up but father gave them a stern talking to.”

Sarlana nodded. “Yes I know of them as well. The Kintaur are bitter enemies with the Tasmor. They have taken some Pralors prisoner through the years. They are not very pleasant individuals from what I understand. What he told them must have been very stern.”

Andro looked at Dorian quickly and smiled. “It was.” He said.

“And Anja can correct the imbalance in her body?” Sarlana asked once more missing the look between the brothers.

Andro nodded his head. “She sent Eliani a medical technique that she can use that will stabilize her and give us more time. Enough to get her to my mother so that she can correct it completely.”

Sarlana nodded her head. “Your mother Anja is perhaps the most intelligent and gifted doctor I have ever known in all my years.”

Andro nodded his head. “She does not quit that is for sure.”

“I am here because of her and that attitude.” Dorian spoke.

Sarlana looked out the view window at the planet below. “When do you have to leave for this political grandstanding that these Vanari apparently love so much?” She asked.

“We are meeting Coren in just over an hour.” Andro replied. “He will escort us into the SBR Chambers.”

“And then?” Sarlana asked.

“Then a little stop on the Rothryn homeworld before we leave to retrieve Laren and Ladur.” Andro told her.

Sarlana nodded her head. “Good. These different men and women Androcles, they have no idea what you and Dorian can do. What you are capable of. They have no idea of the horrors that reside out there. It must remain that way for now.”

Andro looked at Dorian and nodded his head. “I know.”

“Murano is with Nara, Lisisa, Sheva and Onera. They are reviewing the copy of the Tomes from your grandfather. As Praetorian Mages they too must train. “ Sarlana spoke. “I will join him as he instructs me as well. I have much to learn of these Praetorians and their ways and abilities. He seems to think that I can help those who will be your Mages. Return to us when you are done on the surface so that we can fine tune this plan of yours.”

Andro and Dorian both leaned over and planted soft kisses on her scaled cheeks.

“We will prevail Sarlana.” Andro told her.

Sarlana nodded her head. “I have no doubts of that. I just wish to insure that you do not kill those whose only intent is to protect Laren and Ladur now.”

“What do you mean?” Dorian asked confused.

“I will explain it fully when you return but suffice to say Laren is not happy about it. And neither is Ladur.” She said with a smile. “Stand proud and stand strong. Both of you. Dadrien and your grandfather are always with you.”

ECHO QUADRANT

VENTORI

SOUTHERN OUTSKIRTS OF JORLARI

“ ... Was once a park here.” Nalmos spoke as he motioned with his hand over the area to their front, “Rows and rows of colorful flowers and plants from all over Ventori with a fountain as the center. Hundreds would come here every day just to sit and let the breeze blow across their skin and to smell the blossoms. I came here often myself.”

“It will be that way again.” Martin told him as his eyes searched the barren landscape in front of him. “I give you my word.”

Nalmos looked at him and found he could not keep the small smile from his face. He was rapidly discovering this young King was the epitome of a leader and also quite the optimist. He glanced at the two younger men who stood only a short distance away and were never far from their King’s side. Cody and Colin he had been told were their names. They were members of the King’s personal team and always within a half second from Martin’s position. “It will never be the same Milord.” He said softly.

Martin shook his head. “No it won’t.” He agreed. “But Jorlari will be the start of it.”

“The start of what?” Nalmos asked.

“The future.” Martin answered turning to look at him. “Nalmos there are no more castes among our people. Alpha, Beta, Gamma wolves ... it doesn’t exist anymore. It hasn’t for many thousands of years. It began to end when my grandfather and those Pralors who crashed on our original homeworld were turned and brought into the packs.”

Nalmos nodded his head. “I have heard others speaking of him, your grandfather.” He said. “They say he was a great warrior even before he became wolf.”

“He was a Praetorian.” Martin said with a nod, “Like I am; like my sons and daughter are.”

“But I have seen how you treat your mates.” Nalmos told him. “You covet them, all of them. You allow them to eat first, you defer to their judgment. These are all signs of a dominant Alpha. I and others have heard your people talking with those from Ventori. Your people say that you are; that you are the most dominant Lycavorian Alpha among our people. You are the most powerful to have lived since your father over three thousand years ago, and his father before him. That your bloodline is the purest of all bloodlines among our people.”

Martin smiled. “My people talk too much.” He said with some humor.

“But what they say is true.” Nalmos pressed. “All of us can sense it. We sensed it the first time we saw you.”

“That doesn’t make me a god or something.” Martin said. “I’m just a man and a Spartan.” He told him. “There are thousands of Beta wolves who have taken Alpha females as their wives and mates. Thousands more who have taken Beta Wolves as their husbands. My grandfather taught us that we needed to be as one species, one people. The Castes only served to keep the bloodlines constant. Had we not changed, we would have missed out on so much that other bloodlines can offer. And those bloodlines became stronger for it while making the purest of the bloodlines even stronger.”

“Our people in your Union ... we are many?” Nalmos asked.

Martin nodded his head. “It is your Union now as well. Lycavorians make up the largest contingent within the Union. Part of it is because of our longevity and part of it is because we integrated the bloodlines as my grandfather suggested. It made us stronger and more vibrant as a people. There are some who still cling to the caste system, and there are differences between Alphas and Betas, but most of our people no longer follow that rule of thought.”

“How many of our people are in this Union Milord?” Nalmos asked now.

Martin shrugged his broad shoulders. “I don’t know exact numbers.” He replied. “My wife Bella would know, she likes to study statistics like that. She can rattle off statistics about the most obscure things. It drives me malda sometimes.”

Nalmos grinned now. “The Queens are, they are breathtaking in their beauty. Queen Anja is ... she is the most intelligent person I have ever encountered. Her medical skills are like a gift from the gods. She was able to fix an old injury I had from hundreds of years ago and I watched as she slapped ... she slapped a man three times her size in order to get him to allow her to treat him.” He stated.

Martin nodded his head with a smile and soft laughter. “She’s a tiny thing for sure, but she is my firecracker. She doesn’t take sibfla from anyone when it comes to the care of our people.” Martin said. “All of them are like that.”

“I can only assume the three Queens who are not here are equally as stunning.” Nalmos said.

Martin laughed and nodded his head. “Each and every one of them is breathtaking. I never have figured out what exactly they all see in me, but why look a gift horse in the mouth right?”

Nalmos looked at him oddly and Martin chuckled more. “It’s a common expression from the planet I was raised on. It means don’t question things when you don’t need too.”

“Ah!” Nalmos echoed with a smile. “I understand now.” He was becoming more and more comfortable being in Martin’s presence. Their history and instincts would have had him almost cower before an Alpha with the aura and power of the man beside him, but Martin’s nature made that impossible. The most powerful Alpha among their people he may have been, but he was surprisingly normal and had not one arrogant bone in his body. This knowledge was rapidly spreading among the Beta wolves from Ventori and many of them were beginning to converse more openly and casually with the many Alpha wolves that were on Ventori now, male and female Alpha wolves who did not consider themselves above anyone.

“What do you hear from the other Chief Justices?” Martin asked him now.

“The news of your existence and what has happened here is running rampant among our people on the Tasmor planets that we occupy.” Nalmos answered. “It has only been a few days and many are already clamoring to return here.”

Martin nodded his head. “That’s a good thing.” He said.

Nalmos looked at him. “There are also many who are not.” He stated. “I know of several hundred who have entered into relationships with Tasmor females Milord. Namiri has told me of them. They will not want to leave.”

Martin nodded his head. “That is their decision. I’m not going to force them to return here Nalmos.”

“The Tasmor have been good to our people Milord.” Nalmos said. “They did not have to help us as they did.”

Martin shook his head. “No, they did not, but they also had an ulterior reason for helping you.” He told him. “The natural healing properties of our bodies and our longevity will go a long way to saving their species.”

“Saving them?” Nalmos asked. “What do you mean?”

“That doesn’t matter.” Martin told him. “What does matter, and what impresses me the most, is that they asked and did not take. They gave our people the choice to help and we did. I have been told hundreds of our people lined up to help. That says quite a bit about them as a species and speaks volumes about their leadership. It says a lot about our people too.”

Nalmos nodded his head in agreement. “Yes it does.” He stated. “You will help them?”

Martin nodded his head. “Anja is doing that right now.” He stated. “We are not the Pralor people Nalmos. I know that you don’t have a lot of information about them, but let’s just say they were unwilling to help the Tasmor. Anyone for that matter. That has since changed but I am not like them. My people are not like them. We embrace others who want the same things we do. To live in peace. To prosper and see our children play and grow. I have a sense that the Tasmor only became arrogant and insular when they discovered what was happening to them and no one would assist them without wanting something from them in return. Something more than they were willing to give. Now that they know there are others who will help them and want nothing in return, they will begin to see not everything is as they thought. That is my hope anyway. We’ll see what happens over the next few weeks and months.”

Nalmos looked at him for a long moment. “There is something you are not telling me King Leonidas.” He stated finally.

Martin met his eyes and nodded slowly. “Yes.”

“Does it have to do with this Kintaur species?” Nalmos asked. “The ones who were here when you first arrived?”

Martin shook his head. “The Kintaur are not even a blip on my radar at the moment.” He answered. “I could take the ships and troops I have right now and spank their midaeus back into the Stone Age if I wanted to. No ... there is something far more sinister and deadly out there.”

“These creatures that attacked Ventori then.” Nalmos spoke. “You know of them and what they are capable of. You knew before you came here for I saw the look on your faces when I told you what had taken place.”

Martin nodded his head. “It is a very long story that one day I will relate to you and the others, but suffice to say, they are the largest threat out here right now.” He said. “They are moving for a Pralor colony world in an adjoining sector of space right now. I believe their intent is to do exactly what they did here. I can’t allow that Nalmos.”

Nalmos was silent for a moment and let his eyes drift over the barren remains of what had once been a beautiful spot in his city that he had come to often. “We will fight.” He said softly.

Martin shook his head. “That I can’t allow.” He said.

Nalmos looked at him once more. “Train us in your ways. Equip us with your weapons. We will fight! We fought them before!”

“You were defending your world.” Martin said. “Anyone would fight for that purpose. But fighting for vengeance is not something I can allow. Those who fight with vengeance in their hearts make mistakes and those mistakes get others killed.”

“Have we not earned the right to seek vengeance?” Nalmos asked softly. “Over three billion of my people dead. I...”

“Our people.” Martin corrected him.

Nalmos nodded. “Our people my King.” He spoke softly. “Fathers. Mothers. Sons and daughters.” He met Martin’s gaze. “Have we not earned the right to seek vengeance and justice for what was done to us?”

Martin nodded his head. “Yes you have.” He answered softly.

“Then allow us to fight!” Nalmos spoke. “To return some measure of pride to ourselves.”

“Nalmos what you did, if what I see around me is any indication, you put up a hell of a fight.” Martin said.

“What would you do my King?” Nalmos asked him suddenly. “What would you desire?”

Martin was silent as he looked at him for a long moment. Finally he nodded his head slowly. “Then pass the word to the other Chief Justices.” He said softly. “If they are willing and able and wish to see true justice done, then I will allow it. True justice Nalmos, not vengeance.”

Nalmos closed his eyes briefly and nodded his head. “I will...”

Martin’s implant crackled in his ear and he saw Nalmos jump ever so slightly. He and those they had since found on Ventori had been fitted with COM implants almost from the outset to better facilitate their treatment and needs.

“Marty?” Julie’s voice echoed clearly in the COM.

“Go Jules.” Martin spoke instantly.

“Martin ... you had better come to our position.” Julie spoke evenly but Martin could detect the tremors in her voice.

“What’s wrong Jules?” Martin asked as he gripped Nalmos’s arm. “Where’s Danny?”

“It’s better if you see this for yourself Skipper.” Julie continued. “You had better bring Justice Nalmos too. And Danny says to find Namiri and Emylea Daret if they are close by. This concerns the Tasmor too.”

“Julie!” Martin demanded.

“Just come to our position fervon.” Julie told him. “Now.”

Martin looked at Nalmos briefly for Julie almost never referred to him in the ancient Lycavorian language. She was fluent in the language but she only used it if the situation was bad. And she almost never referred to him as brother even though that is the emotion that flowed between all of Martin’s Team and himself.

“On our way!” Martin snapped turning to motion for Cody and Colin to lead out as he took Nalmos’s arm.

They moved perhaps a dozen city blocks into the city by Martin’s sense until they came up to the side of a half collapsed five story structure. Martin immediately detected several Durcunusaan standing near the entrance of what appeared to be an underground shelter or bunker of some sort and all of them with looks of horror on their faces. His eyes settled on Julie as she spotted him and blurred to his position before he could move any closer.

“Jules?” Martin asked her as he came up short with Nalmos in tow, Colin and Cody right behind them.

Julie held out her hand palm up to Martin and he saw the olfactory blockers. His eyes came to rest on her face now and he saw that her skin was a little whiter than her normally caramel colored skin. “Better take these Skipper.” She spoke. “Your sense of smell is a lot keener than Danny’s and his sense of smell is perfect. He was puking his guts out for the first few minutes. All of us were.”

Nalmos was looking around the area his eyes confused. “This is the Jorlari City Museum Center.” He spoke now. “I have been here hundreds of times but I have never seen that entrance there.” He said motioning to the bunker entrance.

Martin didn’t take his eyes off Julie and she shook her head ever so slightly. “Trust me Marty.” She said softly. “Namiri and Emylea arrived with that Tasmor ship Captain Drenia only a few moments ago. They already went inside.”

“What is going on Jules?” Martin demanded.

“We found something.” Julie told him. “This half of the building was hit pretty hard as you can see, but when it collapsed, it revealed the entrance to this bunker. T’lolt was actually the one who found it. He was on our flank with his Havoc.”

Anse Jules, just spit it out!” Martin snarled.

Julie motioned with her head. “It’s not ... it’s not pretty Skipper.” She motioned to the olfactory blockers in his hand. “Trust me you will need them until we get the place aired out. It was vacuum sealed.”

Martin handed a set to Nalmos as Julie tossed Cody and Colin a pair of the scent blockers and she watched as they put them in. She turned and headed back towards the building and the caved in entrance. From first glance it looked like some sort of underground sewer entrance but as they got closer and climbed over the debris that had fallen from above them Martin quickly dismissed that as he saw the large door and computer panel beside it. The entrance was at the bottom of a man made ramp and looked to be like an emergency hatch from their ship. Julie grabbed the handle and yanked on the door, easily pulling open the half meter wide metal door with her vampire strength. There was no power to the computer panel or the door but it slide easily enough on the greased hinges. Martin heard the customary sound of air being released as the door opened and then Julie led them inside.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.