Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations - Cover

Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Chapter 38

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 38 - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

SPARTA’S WRATH
PORT LANDING BAY 2
THREE HOURS BEFORE FIRST JUMP

While the landing bay held a good portion of the Pralor APOC Fighter Drones that they could launch on standby, there were only a few technicians going from fighter to fighter doing daily checks on the systems of the remote piloted fighters. The APOC fighter Drones were not as large as a TEMPEST fighter, but they still required regular maintenance checks even though they were unmanned. All of the APOC Fighter Drones had been layered with a light coating of Dragon Armor which tripled their survivability in a fight. The technicians and engineers that were now assigned to SPARTA’S WRATH were proud of the work they had done so far and they weren’t about to let it go to waste. They were now assigned to the largest, most advanced and lethal starship within the entire Union Fleet, and quite possibly the entire universe. It was a dream assignment and they intended to make sure it stayed that way.

The Technicians and Engineers didn’t take notice of the STRIKER Mark II that rested on the far end of the landing bay, nor the detachment of Durcunusaan troops that loosely circled the ship. What a few of them did notice was when the dragons began to disembark from the ship. Elynth was one of the most widely recognized dragons within the Union along with her father Torma, her mother Isheeni, her brother Jeth and Anja’s dragon Miath. Normally if you saw one of them, it usually meant the King, Queen or Prince Androcles was nearby. In this case Andro stood a few meters away from the back of the ramp and Elynth moved directly to where he stood when she exited. Her large head came down and Andro’s arms encircled her snout as much as he was able as, pressing his forehead to her warm scales.

“It is so very good to have you back sister.” Andro spoke the words against her scales and Elynth’s golden eyes closed in happiness.

I like doing missions such as this without each other ... but we are happy we are back as well. Elynth told him as she canted her head towards him in affection. And it is not nearly as exciting as when we are together.

Anthar was the next to exit, followed by Majeir, Caydren and Cinol, all of them looking pleased with themselves if that was possible for a dragon. As Elynth turned her muscular body and settled gently to the deck beside Andro, he greeted the rest of them in a similar manner. When that was finished and Caydren settled beside his twin brother on the deck, Andro turned and looked at the last dragon that remained near the top of the ramp.

Marux had witnessed firsthand what Androcles Leonidas could do on that fateful day not so very long ago, and even though Elynth and Anthar both had told him he had nothing to fear, Marux felt that same fear gripping his stomach. Androcles was a Talon Guardian of his species. An almost mythical being to dragons and like Elynth, with far more power and control than Marux would ever have. He and Elynth had swatted Javier Moran’s dragon Naruth from the sky like he was a child, and then ended his life in the very next moment. To say that Marux feared this much smaller Lycavorian would be an understatement of the century. He watched Andro turn to face him.

You are among friends now Marux. Andro’s voice filled his mind easily and the warmth of the words was not lost on Marux. You no longer need fear anything.

Marux took several tentative steps forward down the ramp. He appeared thin and his scales were very dry. Dante Moran had obviously let his health suffer once they had left Earth. The musculature was still there, but it would be several weeks before Marux was back to full health with glowing scales and a rich diet.

I ... I am shamed... Marux spoke timidly.

Andro moved up the ramp to stand directly in front of him unafraid. Had it been anyone else, Marux could have easily bitten them in half, even in his poor physical health. All he felt now was fear and he shied away slightly when Andro stopped in front of him. Andro held up his hands ... palms out.

What happened was neither your fault nor your doing Marux. Andro spoke to him again. I will not place blame when you could have done nothing to stop it.

It is ... it feels so empty. Marux told him softly.

Andro reached up without fear and placed his hands on Marux’s snout seeing his eyes meet his intently. Marux lowered his body to the deck plating of the ramp as he felt the warmth of Andro’s hands and the powerful emotion that flowed within them easily. That very soothing warmth grew outward from where his palms rested and for the first time in his life Marux felt true acceptance begin to fill him.

It will not be empty for long Marux. Andro told him. Your bond with Dante Moran was never meant to be. If it had been ... that monster Xaxon would not have been able to sever it so easily. If at all.

Marux gazed at Andro. Then where ... where do I belong?

You belong here. Andro told him. Here among those of us who will help you to recover and where you will be welcome.

Welcome? Marux spoke. I will never be welcome anywhere after what I have done.

Are you so sure? Andro asked him as he motioned with his head to the side. Marux followed his gaze and saw Jeth, Tharua and three other dragons moving towards where they were standing. He did not yet know they were the Bonded brother and sister of Deion and Nara Leonidas, Jeru and Mayla. The last dragon was older but his rich dark brown scales proved he was in the same excellent physical health as the others. Marux had never seen him before and did not know this was the dragon that was now Jomann’s constant companion. His name was Jenso, and though they were not bonded together, the life experiences of them both had brought them very close together very quickly. Marux looked back to Andro.

You are here now Marux. With those who will be your friends if you allow it. We can show you so much if you let us. No one will remove you. We won’t let them. Here you can rest and be among those who care for you. Here you can learn what it means to be a dragon. A true dragon. And here you can grow into what you were meant to. We are going away on a long trip and you will have ample time to experience all you have missed. I also ... when you are ready I also have a job for you. Andro told him.

Marux’s eyes grew a little wider. A job? He asked.

I will tell you in time. Andro said. For now ... for now be among us. Learn from us. And share yourself with us. You will find peace and your purpose one day. Let it come to you.

I will always carry what happen with me Androcles. Marux said softly. I will never have the stigma of what Dante did lifted from me.

Andro nodded his head. We cannot change the past Marux. And there are many things each of us have to do that we do not want to do. That is a stigma that all of us carry.

Do you ... do you have this stigma?

Andro met his eyes. Marux ... the stigma and shame I carry for what I have had to do in the name of good, it dwarfs any you might think surrounds you. You move on my friend. My brother. You move on and do not let it rule who you are or who you could become.

Will ... will I ever have redemption? Marux asked.

Andro smiled at him then and let his fingers spread out even further on his dry scales. Vollenth found redemption and new life Marux my brother ... and your redemption began the day Xaxon severed your bond with Dante. The moment his twisted and evil presence left you ... your redemption began.

Grab onto that Marux. Elynth’s voice echoed and he lifted his head to look at her resting beside Anthar, his thicker and longer tail casually stroking her own in the manner of all mated dragons. Grab onto that and never let go. We go forward Marux. Always forward and never back.

Then that is what I wish. Marux said returning his eyes to Androcles. I never want to go back. Never.

Andro nodded his head. Then let’s get you fed and cared for. You look a few hundred pounds lighter than you should be and we need to return the health to your scales. And you ... you need a bath my friend. Badly.

Marux lowered his head slightly, his eyes dropping from Androcles’ gaze. I do smell don’t I?

Andro laughed. Not as bad as some of us have smelled in the past I assure you. Jeth fell into the burrow of a Folcani desert Worgan once.

Fell! Jeth announced as he settled to the deck now as well. I rolled down the anse hill and right through a pile of sibfla bigger than me! Those foul creatures cannot even take the time to sibfla outside of where they live! It took a week before the smell wore off. Even Lisisa would not come near me.

Jeth ... I have told you about your language! Tharua spoke as she butted him playfully in his side with her snout.

Andro chuckled. You see... He reached up and stroked his scales again. Leave your past where it belongs Marux. In the past. It’s time to move on now my dragon brother. And all of us here will help you.


... time to move on now my dragon brother. And all of us here will help you.

Sarlana stood far above the Landing bay surface on the simple catwalk like structure and simply watched and listened. She had first feared for the young Marux after hearing what he had taken part in but she had heard everything that Androcles had spoken to Marux and this more than anything else proved to her beyond a shadow of a doubt that, Lycavorian though he may have been, he was indeed Vrelvel Sargti. Androcles Leonidas and his father were the first non-Darastrixi Vrelvel Sargti in the entire history of their people yet no one but a Vrelvel Sargti, with Darastrixi blood flowing within their veins, would have been so compassionate to a dragon who had done what she now knew Marux had been involved in. He would have punished very harshly if it was needed she knew without question, but if Xaxon had controlled his Bonded One even on a peripheral level, a Vrelvel Sargti would have taken that into account instantly just as Androcles had. He would have done exactly as...

Doraanar Sarlana?” The voice spoke from behind her and Sarlana jumped just a bit in surprise as she whirled around and saw him.

“Murano!” Sarlana gasped in shock.

Murano moved closer to her. “I did not mean to frighten you. My apologies.”

Sarlana shook her head and waved her hand slightly in dismissal and she regained her composure. “You do not need to apologize ... I was ... I was distracted.” She looked at him for a long moment and finally took a deep breath. “The Praetorian Murano. I have wondered when you would finally come to confront me. I have read much about you from the archives on Artaaya. You are said to be nearly as gifted as Sumar once was.”

“And I know what you are.” Murano spoke as he stepped closer to the much shorter woman.

Sarlana caught the inflection in his voice instantly and nodded her head. “Yes ... I’m sure that you do.” She met his eyes. “Have you come here to seek vengeance Murano?”

Murano looked surprised at this statement and he drew back slightly. “Vengeance?” He gasped. “No! I would not ... I only wish ... I only wish to know why? And why you are here now?”

Sarlana was not frightened of Murano in any way and it was she who stepped closer to him now. “What was done to your people on our homeworld was horrific Murano.” She began. “I cannot answer the why of it for I was not there ... I can only guess at what took place. I had many friends among your people and I mourned their loss for decades.” She dropped her head in grief. “I lost everyone whom I ever knew. You cannot imagine how that feels. You...”

“Yes ... yes I can.” Murano said softly.

Sarlana looked up at him once more. “Yes ... I suppose you do know.” She spoke. “I cannot understand all of it Murano. I would have fought the decision as so many of my caste did. If I had not been sent away ... I would be among those who were killed by our own people for trying to stop it. I live ... I live with that everyday. I have often questioned what cruel twist of fate sent me away so that I alone survived while so many did not.”

Murano lifted his eyes to her face once more. “My apologies Doraanar ... I should not have ... I should not have asked. It was wrong of me.”

Sarlana shook her head. “It is never wrong to question something Murano. You should know that. And my name is Sarlana Nephaon ... though I have not used my full name in more years than I can remember.”

“You have survived for so long among my people and yet no one discovered you. How is that possible?” Murano said.

“When Teniri and the other dragons first joined with your people, they kept my existence secret.” Sarlana told him. “I asked them to do this because I did not want your people to turn them away because of what we had done on our homeworld. The Darastrixi ... we contributed to the near extinction of the Pralor species and it fills me with shame and anger every time I think of it and remember.”

Murano shook his head at this. “There are so many among my people now who have ... they have dismissed the mistakes we made in the past. Many more still do not even remember what occurred so long ago for they are young and adventurous. You could have ... Sarlana ... you could have been more open about your existence. If you had ... if you had ... you may have been able to help my brother from allowing things to become as bad as they are.”

“Perhaps.” Sarlana said. “There were still many who did remember. Among your Elders primarily. I did it to protect both our species Murano. I had to do it so that we survived.”

Murano moved to the railing and placed his hands on the smooth metal surface. “Yet now you chose to come forward. Why?”

“You would not ask me that question if you did not already know the answer.” She said.

Murano looked at her. “Androcles and Dorian.”

Sarlana nodded. “Elynth and Ryner as well. I know Andro has discussed this with you. At least in part.”

Murano turned to face her fully once more. “Briefly.” He said. “Something about your ancient Dahakoan and what it means. Sarlana I...”

Sarlana smiled up at him. “You think I am here to take them away from you.”

“They are ... Androcles, Dorian, Jomann, Deion, their father and who knows how many more.” Murano said. “They are the future of the Praetorians. The new breed. If what I believe is truly taking place then there could be so many more among their people. Enough to rebuild and be able to face the Scourge monsters once more.”

“You have come to understand why Sumar left you behind haven’t you.” Sarlana said. “Truly understand.”

Murano looked at her. “I ... I believe this is what he intended ... yes.”

“And you fear that I will take them away from you?” She said again.

“The power I feel swirling within Martin, within Androcles and his brothers, I have only felt this when I stood beside Sumar. And within them is the potential to be even greater than he ever was.” Murano said. “I do not know how Sumar knew this would happen ... it is far too frightening to even contemplate ... but if that is the reason he left me behind, then I must fulfill what he intended for me.”

“And you will.” Sarlana told him. “Only you can.”

Murano looked at her. “But you fill their heads about these Dahakoan. These ancient Darastrixi warriors from millions of years ago.”

Sarlana nodded her head. “They have a right to know what they are Murano. I know you have sensed it within Androcles and Dorian. They have the blood of Darastrixi within them Murano. Martin and their mothers know this now as well. I showed it to them. I was just as shocked as they were ... but once I met Martin I knew what I felt was true. I had nothing to do with that Murano ... I ... I can not even begin to imagine how it came to be.”

“Sarlana ... they need to learn to focus and control the power within them.” Murano said. “Their emotions give them the ability to channel their power unlike any Praetorians of my time. We were ... we were taught to reign in our emotions and not let them rule us. They can harness their emotion in a way I have never seen before.”

“That is not something they are capable of Murano. You know that. Their species is ... they embrace their emotions instinctively.” Sarlana told him. “You will not be able to remove that from them.

Murano nodded in agreement. “I know ... and I do not want to. Not anymore. It took me some time to realize this but with Helen and Daniel’s help I have come to understand that their emotion is their power. That is why they ... all of them have the potential to be more powerful than any Praetorian of my time ever was. I have seen it within Martin already ... and within Androcles.” Murano looked at her quickly with bright eyes as if realizing something for the first time. “It was you!” He said.

“I don’t understand.” Sarlana spoke.

“On that ship.” Murano said. “I felt ... I felt a massive influx of Etheric focus and control within Andro when he was...”

“When he was beating Dante Moran to death?” Sarlana smiled. “Xaxon was a fool to have that boy face him. I see now why you punished him in the manner you did. He was not very bright was he?” Sarlana said.

“It was you!” Murano said again insistently. “You helped him to gain the clarity and focus I felt within him.”

“I only assisted him. He and Dorian both are far more powerful than even you believe. The Dahakoan were not like your Praetorians Murano. They never were. Their abilities were more latent. The ability to focus and remain clear minded chief among them. The sense of things ... of life all around them. Their ability to see and understand things through the fog that others could not. A small portion of this was passed to their father when they were conceived within each of their mother’s womb as you must have seen by now. Not on as concentrated a level as his sons ... but from what I saw Martin Leonidas is so very special in his own right. The devotion to their family and people is another gift. And because of the inbred instincts within the Lycavorian species, it is even more powerful. This is the sway that they wielded Murano. The same influence that now flows through Androcles and Dorian and their Bonded ones. As it will also flow through the Darastrixi pair who are now their Brother and Sister of the Blood. As the power of a Praetorian flows through them.”

Murano looked at her wide eyed. “Wait! What! Are you saying... ?”

Sarlana nodded her head. “Now you see why I could never take them away from you as you believe. The final pair that will make up the return of the Dahakoan, they will have all the same powers as Androcles and Dorian. Praetorian power. They will be just as powerful. Yet they are Darastrixi.”

“How is that ... how is that possible?” Murano asked her. “Our scientists ... they were positive that the Praetorian gene could be carried by no other species. That it was unique to Pralor born...”

“Pralor born men and women. I know. Yet Sumar passed it down within his blood to Lycavorians and now Laren and Ladur have Lycavorian blood within them. Just as Androcles and Dorian have Darastrixi blood and Sumar’s blood flowing within their veins.” Sarlana said.

“How?” Murano asked once more.

Sarlana shook her head. “I do not know Murano. And I would tell you if I did ... but how it came to be is as much a mystery to me as it is to you. Even their mother Anja is stupefied in this regard, and she is the most intelligent woman of any species that I have ever encountered.”

Murano blinked several times as different scenarios flashed in his mind. “Sarlana ... if there are Darastrixi who have within them the...”

Sarlana nodded her head. “Are you beginning to understand now what it all means?” She asked.

“If the Scourge discover them...” Murano began.

“Yes ... if they discover that the Praetorians and the Dahakoan, the only two forces in the known universe who stood against them and beat them ... if they discovered that they have been reborn within six individuals ... that these individuals now wield both the skill of a Dahakoan and the power of a Praetorian...” Sarlana spoke.

“They will stop at nothing to kill them!” Murano gasped.

“That is why Androcles and Dorian work even now to pull the final pair from within Darastrixi space.” Sarlana told him. “The pull of their Brother and Sister of the Blood is too powerful to resist now. Laren and Ladur will only be safe here ... with them. And they will need our help.”

Murano met her eyes. “What do you mean?”

“Why do you think you are here Murano? Why do you think I am here? Why did we both survive all these millennia when so many others like us did not? When so many we knew and loved perished in the fires of oblivion. It was preordained. Sumar and Wer ... and Dadrien ... they both knew what they were doing when they positioned us as they did. You and I ... we were the anomaly among both our kinds. That is why they chose us. At least that is what I now believe. To survive and be here now at this moment in time when so many of our friends and comrades are nothing but memories could only mean one thing. They meant for us to be here. For they must have known that this day would come.” Sarlana looked at him intently.

“They knew the Scourge would return once more Murano. More powerful than ever before. They must have known this and that is why there are six who wield the powers of both our species greatest warriors. And we ... you and I ... we are here to teach them. Guide them. So that they do not fail as both of our peoples did.”

Murano looked at her. “The Darastrixi did not ... your people were not nearly wiped out Sarlana.”

“Weren’t we?” Sarlana said. “The day we allowed the Scourge to do what they did to our friends and our families ... the day we turned against ourselves in order to appease those vile monsters is the day we lost ourselves as a species.”

“And what is our purpose?” Murano asked after a long moment.

“You know what our purpose is Murano. You can feel it within you.” Sarlana said. “We are the last of the old breed of Doraanar and Praetorian. It is our duty ... it is our destiny to train and guide those who are now among us and the others who will no doubt be discovered. To guide and train them and insure they do not make the same mistakes we did.” Sarlana stepped closer and reached out to take his arm. “Androcles and his father may have some sense of what is coming because of Sumar’s memories ... but they will need us when the time comes. You know as well as I, when the Scourge ... once they discover what we now know ... they will stop at nothing to destroy them.”

Murano nodded his head slowly. “Yes.”

“That is why we are here.” Sarlana told him. “Not to tell them what to do ... but guide them and train them ... for they are more powerful than any of us will ever be. And they may be...”

Murano looked at her. “What?”

“They very well may be the last chance any of us has to stop those vile monsters from eradicating any species that will not bow down to them.” Sarlana said softly. “And plunging the entire universe into darkness forever.”

Murano grasped her arms. “We must make contact with the Pralor Shiria that Wayonn told me of. It is she and Androcles’ Aunt who are spearheading the search for those with the Praetorian gene.”

“How ... how many do you think there could be Murano?” Sarlana asked.

“I don’t know.” Murano answered her honestly. “The gene is so rare to begin with ... but it is not unheard of, according to Wayonn, for one Lycavorian pair to have twelve or more children. Their longevity equals that of Pralor and Darastrixi. It grants them so many gifts and opportunities. Pureblood Lycavorian females can remain fertile well past the prime of their life, which is never really set.”

“And it will only spawn actively in a pureblood correct?” Sarlana asked.

“That is what Wayonn says Shiria first thought. Until Dorian was born. His blood is a mixture of the two purest bloodlines of two species. Lycavorian and High Coven. Which can only mean that there might be those of the High Coven who also carry this gene. We need to discover so much more about the gene and that is what Shiria is working on now. When we return we will need to sit with Anja and have her explain it. Her knowledge of such things surpasses any among my people for she has been studying the gene in detail since they first discovered it within Androcles when he was born. Then we can determine what to do.”

“Androcles and Dorian. Elynth and Ryner. Martin and those of his other children that have the gene. They must remain our focus right now.” Sarlana said. “As will those who have the dormant gene. You have seen what they can do?”

Murano nodded. “I saw it within Aricia and Anja openly. All of them really.” He said. “I don’t know how this came to be, for it is not something that happened with my people. The only thing I can think of is that Martin’s blood, pure Lycavorian blood like Martin’s, it somehow mutated the gene. It has allowed him to pass it to others within his bloodline even if it is not dormant. As with Aricia, those who have the dormant gene within them already will be able to do far more than Pralor scientists ever thought. Like Anja and For’mya and Martin’s other wives and mates, all of them have been affected in some way. Actively as in Anja’s case with her healing abilities and then those like Dysea and For’mya, where it gives them latent abilities.” He shook his head. “As I said ... it is something we will need to speak with Anja about.”

“In the short time I have been here I have felt it within their wives as well.” Sarlana said. “They may not be passing the actual gene onto them ... but whatever is happening it is certainly affecting those they take as wives.”

Murano nodded as he released her arms. “It is happening with Androcles and Denali as well. I’m sure with Dorian and Jomann. I spoke to Wayonn briefly about this. He told me that he noticed it right away when first meeting Sadi, Lu’ria and then Ne’Veha. And then again when he finally came together with Martin.”

It was Sarlana now who reached up and took his arm. “We must remain cautious in what we do Murano.” She said. “These men and women are unlike our two species. Their emotion is their power and we must not lose sight of that. They are not as constrained as our species were and still are.”

Murano nodded. “I know. That is their largest strength.”

“And it could potentially be their biggest weakness.” Sarlana said. “That is why we need to make sure we do not try and control them. Only guide them Murano. Teach them. The sense of compassion and good I have felt in all of them is beyond anything I have ever experienced. We must make use of that.”

Murano turned to meet her gaze fully. “We must prepare. If what you say is true about this Darastrixi pair ... then Androcles and Dorian will act soon. Once this business with this Vanari species is complete they will move. Androcles is too much like his father and he will not tolerate the arrogance that these Vanari seem to possess for very long. Just as Martin did not tolerate the same arrogance when my brother first encountered them.”

“What do you suggest?” Sarlana asked. “They have asked me to help them contact the final pair. That will happen sooner than you think.”

Murano nodded. “Androcles asked me as well.”

Sarlana nodded in recognition of this knowledge. “Then he will do it before they arrive among these Vanari. Probably tomorrow before we arrive in the Beta Quadrant. He is like his father as you said and he is already thinking two and three and four steps beyond what we are doing now. I saw this within Martin during the brief time I was with him on Manne.”

“As did I?” Murano said. “Their minds are like computers. Always plotting and always planning. I have never seen two such tactically proficient minds in all my years. They look at things from perspectives that I and others would never imagine. I dare say ... I dare say if they were Pralors during our wars with the Scourge ... it is quite possible we might not have lost everything. They can be very reckless however, but this ... this may actually be a trait that is needed now.”

Sarlana nodded her head. “Hold to that conviction Murano. We may have need of it in the future. They will undoubtedly contact them with one of those wondrous items that they have created.”

“The Mark II Neural Booster.” Murano said. “Yes. Just another reason why Lorendo is such a fool. Our own Science people could not think to make something like this device. A species they consider to be beneath them made it and use it with far more control than most of my people could muster.”

“Can they reach that far Murano?” Sarlana asked.

“With all of us in the connection with them...” Murano nodded. “Easily. If what you say is true, then the four of them could probably sustain it themselves, but including all of us gives them an almost unlimited source of power to draw from. Do you know where they would be on your planet Sarlana? This Darastrixi pair? Would anyone have taken notice of them? Having an idea of where to target their connection would greatly increase the chances that it would go undetected by Etheric monitors that may be active and controlled by either your people or the Scourge. At least for a time.”

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.