Wolves and Dragons of the Blood: Revelations
Chapter 13

Copyright© 2017 by Mike Cropo

Fantasy Sex Story: Chapter 13 - Fifth Book in the Wolves and Dragons of the Blood series.

Caution: This Fantasy Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Hermaphrodite   Shemale   TransGender   High Fantasy   Science Fiction   Aliens   Space   Vampires   Group Sex   Interracial  

ONTEROM

“ ... inside for the night. We’ll go out at first light and try to find them. These bastards are quick and deadly and I don’t want to risk anyone if I don’t have too, not to mention that from what I saw, these fools couldn’t protect themselves from a bad cold.”

Martin was sitting on the edge of the computer station facing the QCR holo disc. In the transmission was the single person Martin Leonidas trusted beyond all others in the Universe. Sitting at the table in the transmission, the dark gray bulkhead wall his background, was his first born son Androcles. The Quantum Subspace Communications Relay was locked out and coded only to him at the moment and that was how he was going to keep it for the foreseeable future. Martin was many things, but stupid wasn’t one of them. The Pralors they had met so far did not instill a whole lot of trust with their actions so far. Delnash was still clinging to his superiority complex and Martin trusted Lorendo about as far as he could spit. The verdict was still out on some of them, Anja telling him that the woman Radra seemed genuinely warm and Delnash’s daughters were very open and talkative, especially the youngest Mari. She seemed taken with Murano and him for some reason, always looking at them and watching what they did and she was odd in an interesting sort of way. Martin sensed something from her but could not place his finger on it. He had questioned Murano quickly and Murano told him that he felt it to, but it was hard to pin down. He said that he thought Mari might have the Praetorian gene, but if she did, even on a dormant level then he and Martin should have been able to sense it easily considering how strong they both were.

There was too much going on here. Too much Martin didn’t understand and far too many questions with no answers.

Martin looked at his son in the transmission. The one individual that understood how he thought and what went through his mind better than even the women he loved and his Bonded Brother Torma.

“As much as I hate to say it, I’m thinking things aren’t going to work out as I had hoped here Andro.” Martin spoke softly. “Murano has already said he will return with us. He is just as fed up with the others as we are it seems. The others I’m not real sure of. This Chief Elder has a stick up his ass ... but I get the sense it’s more because he feels overwhelmed. This Lorendo character I wouldn’t trust with a dull spoon. He ... he reminds me of Laustinos.”

Martin watched Andro shake his head. “That is not good.” Androcles said softly.

“No ... it’s not.” Martin agreed. “He’s hiding something. A lot of something’s I believe. And if he gets near your mothers again ... one of them is going to turn him into goo after what he did to Anja.”

Andro looked at him. “This Murano father ... he is the one who fought beside grandfather Sumar?” Andro asked.

Martin nodded his head confidently. “He’s got his sibfla together and he can help us to better understand what we have flowing through us Andro. The Tomes, Wayonn, they can only do so much ... but Murano ... he can actually teach us!”

“I am very happy to hear you say that Martin.” Murano’s voice spoke causing Martin to turn slightly and push off from the console. “Your...” Murano smiled slightly remembering the tongue lashing Helen had given him not more than ten minutes ago about calling her Praetorian Oracle. He moved into the Command Center slowly looking at Martin. “Helen ... she said you would be talking to your son and that I could enter. I hope ... I hope you don’t mind?”

Martin shook his head and waved Murano forward. “No ... I’m actually glad you are here. You should meet Androcles at least in this way. Praetorian Murano, my oldest son Androcles. Andro ... this is Murano.”

Murano stepped up to the transmission and gazed at Andro as he came to his feet from behind the table where he was sitting. Murano was amazed at the similarities between father and son. They were frighteningly close in appearance and the imposing physical presence that they projected and both of them looked more like Sumar than even Murano could believe. In an pseudo opposite look, Androcles had short cropped hair and a meticulously trimmed mustache and goatee compared to his father’s near shoulder length hair and similarly trimmed full beard. Yet there was no denying that they were father and son. “It is a pleasure Androcles.” He spoke.

Andro bowed his head deeply in a show of respect. “Praetorian Murano.” He spoke. “My father has spoken well of you.”

“You have your mother’s eyes young man.” Murano said. “They are ... they are quite striking.”

Andro nodded his head with a smile. “Something my father has told me gets me into more trouble than most.”

Murano chuckled. “I would imagine it would with the young females of your species.” He stated.

“I wouldn’t know sir.” Andro answered. “My six wives and mates might not appreciate that.”

Murano’s eyes grew wide. “Six?” He gasped turning to Martin. “Like father like son I see.” He spoke.

“Yeah ... and like me ... if he screws up they cut his nor off.” Martin said with a grin.

Andro nodded in agreement. “Yes ... no doubt. They do take after my mothers in that regard.” He said.

Martin looked at him. “Do you ... do you have anyone Murano?”

Murano met his eyes. “No. There was ... there was someone many years ago, but the life as a Praetorian is not easy and it was not something that she was comfortable with. I understood her decision and remained away as she asked me.”

“I’m sorry.” Martin said softly.

“I loved her deeply ... and part of that love was doing what she asked of me.” Murano told him. “I believe she has moved on with her life. I am happy for her.”

“You haven’t moved on?” Andro asked him.

“As you and your father well know young Androcles ... when you find the right woman, the one who holds your essence ... you can never move forward.” Murano said. “I honored her choice and the strength it took for her to make that choice. I chose not to move on however. That was my choice.”

Martin nodded his head. “Fair enough.” He said. “I was telling him ... I was telling Andro how things don’t appear to be working out as well as we had hoped Murano.” Martin spoke. “As you no doubt have seen, I don’t deal well with the kind of arrogance everyone is showing with the exception of a few. It’s becoming very tiring.”

Murano nodded in agreement. “For me as well Martin.” He stated. “My brother has been around those who want to believe that they have nothing to fear anymore for too long. You must realize those who have been thrust into the positions they now hold were nothing more than midlevel administrators when the Scourge destroyed our people. They were pushed into these positions they hold and with the exception of Lorendo, who has an agenda all his own, all of them are out of their league if you ask me. And they have been for some time.”

“They’ve done good though.” Martin said. “You told me this yourself.”

Murano nodded. “Yes ... many of the things they have done have been to the benefit of our remaining people. There is no question there. However ... they have made some unwelcome and unpopular decisions that have not sat well with the people. I did not agree with them either, but unfortunately I was more concerned with concealing my presence than helping them.”

“My father has said the Praetorians hold a great deal of influence sir...” Andro spoke now. “You have not been able to sway them?”

Murano shook his head. “I remained hidden for too long it seems young Androcles. I was more concerned with suppressing my Etheric essence so the Scourge did not detect me than I was in trying to help my brother and the others. Until recently ... no one even knew I lived except for Delnash, Teniri and two others. That was a mistake that I regret more as each hour passes.”

“Speaking of the Scourge...” Martin said softly.

Murano nodded his head turning to face Martin now. “Wayonn has told me.” He said holding up his hand. “Do not think for an instant that they are awake and active once more because of you and the others Martin. They were never asleep as so many like to think. They are far more intelligent than Lorendo and the others give them credit for. They would have moved into the Alpha Quadrant eventually. Perhaps not for many thousands of years ... but they would have come. That they have stopped their advance as we have felt as Praetorians is the more puzzling question.”

“You don’t know why?” Andro asked. “Wayonn believes it was because of the engines on CS41 activating. Or that they can sense us.”

Murano shook his head. “No ... I don’t believe that was the cause. They had no reason to be monitoring the Alpha Quadrant. No Pralor had ever come this far out of our empire with the exception of Sumar and his Seed Mission. At least not coreward. And even then ... his ships were not supposed to be in the area they were in when they struck that storm. As for sensing you and your father ... that may well be a possibility, but it would mean they have agents within the Alpha Quadrant now who would know and understand what to look for.” Murano shook his head. “They could sense us to a point, just as we can sense them, but I don’t believe that is the case. They are inactive for a reason and unfortunately we don’t know what that reason is.”

Murano moved around and stood before one of the computer consoles. “Wayonn has passed his misgivings to me through an Etheric connection similar to what you share with Helen Martin and you with Wayonn’s grandson Dutkne Androcles. As Praetorians we can do this with any other Praetorian or Oracle. This skill is not known outside of our ranks, and it is not something we should talk about openly either. There are those even among my people who would consider this skill ... questionable in nature.” Murano leaned against the console.

“Wayonn has said both of you have a knowledge of this that comes from your instincts and that is excellent but I will teach you to focus it and use it in the manner Sumar taught us. It could come in very useful in the future.” He finished.

“So ... it’s like a data dump of sorts? From one memory core to another?” Andro asked.

Murano smiled and nodded. “Yes ... I suppose it is. An interesting hypothesis and very correct Androcles.” He looked at Martin. “Handsome and intelligent.”

Martin snorted. “Yeah ... well keep the compliments to a minimum.” Martin said. “He’ll get a big head.”

Murano turned back to Andro with a smile. “When next you see Dutkne ... as advanced as Wayonn has told me you both are ... it should trigger automatically as it now does for your father and Helen. I will teach you to focus it more when we meet as I said, but for now revel in it.” Murano looked at Martin. “I saw it with you and Helen when she touched you while you were deciding whether to kill Lorendo or not.”

Martin blinked. “Oh.” He said. “Yeah ... well ... it wasn’t one of my better moments I have to admit. Sorry about that.”

Murano shook his head. “Do not apologize for acting in the way you did. Not to me.” He said. “If it had been me ... I would have killed him as well.”

Martin looked at him surprised. “And you stopped me?”

“Only because it would have destroyed any chance of discussions and working together with my brother and the others.” Murano told him quickly. “Something I am still holding out hope for.”

“I don’t ... I don’t have the same hope Murano.” Martin spoke. “Your brother and the others are too set in their ways. Too unwilling to accept that something they have believed for so many millennia is wrong.”

Murano nodded. “I know.” He replied softly. “There are many who do not follow this same train of thought however Martin. Many of the younger generations as Mari and Kesyla. However ... the younger generations are not considered a political force and therefore are not listened to. There are small groups who believed as Lorendo that we were the cause of the downfall of our people. Xaxon’s actions did not advance our reputation in a positive direction if you get my meaning.”

“They can’t hold one man’s arrogance against all of you can they?” Martin asked.

“They can and they do.” Murano answered. “Thankfully ... many of those teachers who escaped the end are even minded and they have taught our younger generations the truth of the history and events.” Murano chuckled. “Our younger generations have made up their own minds on which side of history we belong. Most are on our side.”

“It doesn’t help that we are Lycavorian either I take it.” Martin said.

Murano nodded. “No it does not.” Murano held up his hand once more when he saw Andro about to say something. “And your father has already made it known where your feelings lie in that regard Androcles. And in many ways I agree with you. Delnash is correct though, in regards to the laws that Sumar established when he formed the Praetorians. We were never meant to breed outside of our own species. This was done to insure that our powers and abilities were not used against us or others for violent purposes or oppression.”

“Many laws out grow their intentions no matter how good or just they are meant to be Praetorian Murano.” Androcles said.

“Indeed they do.” Murano answered. “Sumar ... Sumar and Wayonn saw something in your species that no one else did Martin. That is why I believe they went against their own law and merged the survivors of City Ship 41 with your species.”

“Then Jomann, myself and my brothers will probably not be looked at very fondly.” Andro stated.

“I do not know for certain to be honest.” Murano said. “I have been out of touch for so long that things could be very different among the common people than it is among the Elders of the Convention.”

Martin turned to look at him. “Andro ... you said brothers?” He questioned.

Andro nodded his head. “It is Dorian father. He is ... I do not know how ... but he is like us.” Andro said. “I can feel it within him. And it’s coming out more and more in his actions.”

“That’s ... Andro how is that possible?” Martin spoke straightening up.

“That is something I have asked Shiria to try and determine. She has already discovered thirteen with the gene and is moving to have them approached and then moved to the Dragon Brigade’s base west of Eden City for further testing.” Andro said. “Father ... Wayonn did say that there may have been others on CS19 that carried the gene in its dormant state like mother and Sadi. If they crashed on Nuwaroa and were intermingled with the population of the High Coven... ?”

Murano looked at Martin. “Dorian is your recent child with Isabella isn’t he?” He asked. “The one whose growth was accelerated because of the condition she suffered?”

Martin nodded quickly. “But Bella is a pureblood vampire. She’s not a carrier. She can’t be.”

“The Praetorian gene in its dormant state can be easily missed as junk DNA if you do not know what you are looking for.” Murano spoke. “In some cases ... like Aricia and your Anome Sadi Androcles ... even the dormant gene can dynamically and outwardly affect what they can do. Aricia’s Etheric knives and Sadi’s Etheric control of the area around her. In others ... it will not even be noticed. Ever. It is possible that Sumar missed some and they were among the crew of City Ship 19 as you suggest Androcles. It is also possible he split them up for a reason. We will never know.”

“Was mother ever screened by Shiria father?” Andro asked.

Martin shook his head. “No. She was pregnant and you know how your mother Anja is when one of them is pregnant. She swoons over them and won’t let another doctor near them let alone do any tests she doesn’t order herself.”

Murano nodded. “It is possible.” He said. “There is a test I can do ... but the equipment for that is on Artaaya. If we do not return it will have to wait. You are certain of this Androcles? He is showing signs?”

Andro nodded quickly. “Just as I sense it within Deni, within Jomann and my father and I ... yes.” Andro said. “It is certainly augmenting his vampiric skills father ... but I think he is confused as to why it is happening.”

“Have you talked to him about it?” Martin asked.

Andro shook his head. “Not in any depth. I believe I am going to have to though.”

Murano looked at Martin. “Sumar was the very first and the most powerful Praetorian Martin. The gene does not lose it’s power when it is passed down. If Isabella is a carrier of the dormant gene and it merged with the active gene you carry ... then it is very possible. The odds are higher a child will be born with the gene if both parents have it regardless if one is dormant or not.”

“But my daughters with Bella ... Zarah and Carina ... they have shown no signs.” Martin said.

“It does not pass to every child.” Murano said. “It skipped your brother did it not? It skipped Sumar’s first born Resumar from what Wayonn tells me, though given what he was able to accomplish I hypothesize the gene was actively dormant within him as it is within Aricia and Sadi. We do not know about your father directly ... but if everything Helen has passed to me is accurate ... then it’s very possible it was active within him given what he was able to accomplish as well.”

“My mother?” Martin asked.

Murano nodded. “Again ... possible. We won’t know until I can test them. SPARTA’S WRATH would have the same equipment that I have but if the gene is not fully active ... it will not matter. They would not be able to do what you and I can do. What your sons can obviously do.”

“I could order SPARTA’S WRATH to your location father.” Andro told him. “I don’t imagine it would take more than two or three jumps given the distance. Not for her.”

“NO!” Murano hissed quickly. “That would not be advisable.”

Andro looked at his father in the transmission. “Father?” He questioned.

Martin shook his head slowly. “Murano’s right Andro. They are already demanding that we return control of CS41, SPARTA’S WRATH and any technology we have taken from them to their possession.” He said.

“You must be joking!” Andro rasped. “Those ships belong to us! They were left to us! And they have no right to anything we have built because of what we have learned from them.”

Martin nodded. “Yeah ... I explained that to them. They weren’t real receptive to that.”

Nubou hel!” Andro hissed. (Fuck them)

Murano looked at Martin quickly for a translation and Martin shook his head. “You don’t want to know.” He said quickly.

“Blunt I take it.” Murano said.

“Yeah ... he gets that from me.” Martin said. “We’ll find our people tomorrow son and we’ll go from there ... but as it stands now ... it’s not looking good that we’ll be staying much past tomorrow. I’ve already told Akemi to plot the quickest course back. I’m not going to stay where I ain’t welcome.”

Andro glanced to the side and nodded at a subdued voice that spoke to him. He turned back to his father. “Jomann tells me everyone is gathering father. I have a meeting to go to.”

Martin nodded his head. “Things went well on Solmar I take it?”

Andro nodded. “So far.” He replied. “I will have Dilaen begin releasing what we have in another day or so to the Netnews. His little plan here will not come to fruition.”

“Good.” Martin said. “Stick as many needles in that ugly fuck as you can.”

Andro smiled. “I intend to.”

“I will contact you within two days son.” Martin spoke. “We’ll know by then what is going to happen.”

Andro nodded. “I’ll be here or on the SCIMITAR father.” He said. “What about Kalis?”

“I have a contingency if we start heading back ... but either way ... if it’s what he wants he’ll be with me.” Martin answered.

Andro nodded. “Good. I find myself looking forward to meeting him to be honest. It was no simple feat to complete the blocks of instruction as he did.”

Martin nodded. “I know. Go with the gods boy.” Martin said.

“And you father.” Andro replied.

Martin turned to face Murano as the transmission ended. “He is much like you.” Murano spoke.

Martin nodded his head. “Yeah ... some people say too much.” He spoke with warmth in his voice. “He’s far less forgiving than I am for sure and he has a real nasty mean streak when he gets his dander up ... especially about people who hurt his brothers and sisters ... but he gets that from his mother.”

Murano chuckled. “Somehow I don’t believe that to be true.” He said.

Martin’s expression changed and he looked hurt. “Murano ... I’m hurt. I am the picture of calm and sincere and all petunia picking peace lover! I hate violence! Scares the piss out of me!”

Praetorian Murano, a man who had felt alone for so long, threw back his head and he enjoyed the first genuine laugh he had uttered in nearly twenty thousand years. It made him feel alive and reinvigorated.

It made him feel reborn.


SOLMAR

KINDRED SOUL

Kameka’s eyes fluttered open slowly to the bright light and sounds of voices and what she recognized as the sounds of medical equipment. She turned her head trying to focus and saw the dark figure beside the bed. She felt a momentary surge of fear until the hand gripped hers and she heard the warm voice of her father.

“Do not fear daughter.” Byka spoke holding her hand tight. “They said you would have trouble adjusting your eyes for a moment. Blink quickly and the fuzziness should clear.”

“Papa?” Kameka spoke as she tried to sit up in the medical bed her hands reaching for him. “Papa ... you are...”

“I’m fine.” Byka answered. “Better than fine actually.”

Kameka blinked half a dozen times and her vision began to clear quickly. She saw him then, his fur groomed and smooth and never looking more handsome than she had remembered her father. “Papa ... where...”

“You were hurt more badly fighting Marsin that you realized daughter!” He told her. “It was foolish of you to try and fight him. You passed out while the Spartan Daio carried you to their base. When they got you back to their ground base they discovered you were bleeding internally. The Hadarian stabilized you and sent you here immediately.”

“Here?” Kameka asked looking around and seeing men and women all dressed in battle fatigues but carrying medical equipment. “Where are we?”

“The Lycavorian ship that landed on the surface.” Byka said. “Wait until you see this monster daughter! It is colossal from the outside! This is their Medical Bay! It’s huge!”

Kameka looked at him. “Papa ... Marsin ... he shot you!”

Byka nodded. “Yes he did. Hurt like a bastard too. They fixed me at their base camp.” He answered. “I have been here beside you since.”

“How ... how long?” She gasped.

“Eighteen hours at least.” He replied. “I don’t know for sure.”

“Then ... then we lost?” She asked.

Byka shook his head. “No ... in the end it was a victory.” He stated. “I am sorry I did not tell you before but Azlenr and I had to move quickly. Keleru was using us as fodder daughter. He sent Marsin here with us to assassinate Azlenr, me and as many senior officers as he could like I told you. They were going to use us as a propaganda tool. A way to bide time against the Union. They were going to say we killed the civilians and that Marsin and his men executed us for it. They were throwing us away Meka.”

“I don’t understand.” Kameka said. “Why?”

Byka shook his head. “It does not matter now.” He said. “We saved our men and that is what matters most.

“We ... we are their prisoners?” Kameka asked softly.

Byka shook his head. “No.” He stated. “There is a meeting soon and the doctors said you can leave when you woke and felt up to it.”

“Leave to where Papa?” Kameka exclaimed. “Momma! My brothers and sisters! They will be killed! Murdered! Because of us!”

“That’s not exactly accurate.” The new male voice spoke and Kameka’s head turned quickly. Her dark brown eyes grew wide when she recognized the Durcunusaan who had saved her and she unconsciously gripped the sheet covering her body tighter. She watched as his tall frame moved further into the room, his arms filled with a bundle of some sort.

“Papa?” Kameka asked tearing her eyes from the Spartan and looking at her father.

“I contacted your mother the moment we made the decision to move down this path.” Byka told her. “Azlenr had all of us do it. Our families are safe Meka. They are on four ships that departed Nefoa fifteen hours ago. Before all this began and piloted by men loyal to us. They are now under the escort of an entire Union Strike Wing and should be back across the Union border some time tomorrow.”

“General ... I thought you and your daughter might like to get some food in you before the meeting.” Daio spoke now as he set the bundle on the foot of the bed. “I hope you don’t mind wearing a Union field uniform, it’s all I could find. I think I got your size right though.”

“Meka ... this is Commander Daio of the Durcunusaan.” Byka said. “He is the one who...”

“You killed him.” Kameka said softly.

Daio shrugged his broad shoulders. “Seemed like the thing to do at the time.” He stated.

“You ... you saved me.” Kameka spoke in almost a whisper.

Daio shifted uncomfortably on his feet and bowed his head slightly to her. “I would do it again Milady.” He spoke. “In an instant. I’ll wait outside General.” Daio turned back to Kameka and smiled a dazzling smile showing perfect white teeth. A wolf’s teeth. “You were beautiful before Lady Kameka’Caleo. You are breathtaking now.” He spoke before turning and moving back into the corridor of the Medical Wing.

Kameka looked at her father confused. “Papa ... what...”

Byka held out the small pocket mirror to her with a huge smile. “He assumed the scars were from Marsin.” Byka spoke softly. “He said he could smell him on you, within the scars. I did not know that Hadarians could work such magic...”

Meka took the mirror and held it up to her face. She gasped in shock at what she saw. Not the marred skin she had looked at for the last years but flawless tanned skin without a mark on it. The scars were completely gone, not even a trace of them remained. Byka smiled as he saw the small tears begin to form at the corner of her eyes as she stroked the skin of her cheek. He rose to his feet and squeezed her leg. “We will wait for you outside Meka.” He said. “You are probably hungrier than me.”

Byka stepped away from the bed and pulled the divider around her small section to give her privacy. He turned and saw Daio standing patiently in the corridor and he took a deep breath and covered the distance to him quickly. The Spartan turned and looked at him.

“General?” Daio asked.

“She ... she will need a moment to dress and compose herself.” Byka spoke slowly.

“We still have over an hour sir ... it’s no problem.” Daio answered.

“I ... I have not thanked you for what you did Commander.” Byka spoke. “With Marsin I mean.”

“My name is Daio General.” He told him. “And I only wish I could have made him suffer more for what he did. To your daughter and to others.”

Byka looked at him intently. “You do not seem in any way fazed that you are standing here with a man who you were ready to kill little more than a day ago. We were enemies.” He questioned. “How is that?”

“You and general Azlenr were never the enemy sir.” Daio spoke with genuine feeling. “I think Androcles knew that within hours of discovering you had invaded and that the Puma Bane troops were the ones who were spearheading this. He’s funny like that. The King too. They see things others do not. Sense them. It’s very weird ... but we have come to trust in him and the King completely.”

“So I see.” Byka spoke softly.

“Are there others like you and General Azlenr sir?” Daio asked. “Those who think and believe as you do?”

Byka met his eyes. “We know of a few others.” He replied. “Considering the influence of the Puma Bane troops, those who think like us do not associate too much for fear of our own lives and that of our Prides. They have eyes and ears everywhere. Even among our own people, and they would not hesitate to slaughter us and anyone associated with us.”

“Yet you survived this long.” Daio asked.

Byka nodded his head. “We survived because we won battles against the High Coven.” He spoke. “If he killed us then he would begin to have other officers question him. If he had succeeded in his actions this time, he could have said anything he wished and they would have believed him.” Byka shook his head. “It was all a lie.” He said softly.

“You and General Azlenr have turned a corner sir.” Daio spoke. “It will be up to you how to proceed ... but I think you will make the right choices. You certainly care for your daughter in a way that many Kavalians do not. At least not that we are aware.”

Byka looked back and nodded before turning back to him. “I did not fully realized how much until Marsin hurt her the first time. Then the realization of it all hit me and I saw how we were headed. I decided to change ... and I am very happy I did. And there are others as I said Comman ... Daio.”

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.