Spirit Quest - Cover

Spirit Quest

Copyright© 2017 by FantasyLover

Chapter 4

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 4 - 16-year-old David Whitehorse suddenly finds himself transported more than 1500 years into the past. This is the story of how his parents prepared him and of his life back then: how he used his considerable knowledge and skills, and how he finally came to understand why he ended up back then.

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   mt/ft   Ma/ft   mt/Fa   Fa/Fa   ft/ft   Fa/ft   Mult   Consensual   Reluctant   Slavery   Fiction   Rags To Riches   Alternate History   Time Travel   Incest   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Oral Sex  

A few hours after we finally fell asleep, I managed to extricate myself from the tangle of warm, naked bodies and interwoven appendages without waking them. I grabbed fruit and cheese to eat from the kitchen and headed for the stables, fully armed and ready for whatever I encountered. After saddling my horse and loading two packhorses each with two amphorae of unadulterated wine, I hurried to town. When I was close, I tethered the horses, did my forms to center myself, and jogged the final half mile. With no visible guards, I scaled the city walls undetected and quickly moved into the shadows, finally reaching the gate to the legion base.

The guards on the legion side were slumped on the ground, unmoving, just like the ones I’d found at the city wall. Once I was inside the legion camp, I checked and found that only about half of the Roman troops still had a pulse. My tanto quickly and silently relieved them of their pulses. Bodies littered the ground everywhere, appearing to be passed out drunks who would awaken with a severe hangover in the morning. However, there would be no hangovers. About two hours later, I finished ensuring that none of the 480 legion troops would be waking up. Satisfied, I crept back out and washed the blood off my hands and my tanto. Shaking with excitement, I left, opening the city gate, and hurrying back to my horses.

The two men from the auxilia standing guard were surprised that I kept my word that I gave to the earlier two guards and brought them amphorae of wine. I struck up a conversation with them, trying to guide it to their feelings about the Romans. They weren’t about to say anything for fear of reprisal. “Look, I’m going to be working for Syagrius. I need to know if he’s mistreating the people so I can talk to him about it. I don’t want to work for someone like that,” I explained.

The two of them shared a look for a minute before one spoke up. “The Roman soldiers just take whatever they want, including the women. They’ve killed several men who tried to stop them from raping a daughter or wife,” one of them answered, barely keeping his anger in check.

“They shouldn’t be doing that. It sounds like the problem is Syagrius. He’s supposed to keep them under control,” I mused aloud. “What do you think would happen without Syagrius and the Roman soldiers? Do you think the auxilia troops would accept someone like Clovis as their King?” I asked. They were stunned. As far as I’d just gone, I was definitely beyond the realm of speculation and well into the world of treason.

“Such words are dangerous,” the guard who hadn’t previously spoken said quietly, looking around conspiratorially to make sure nobody else could overhear us.

“They are only dangerous if the rest of your comrades-in-arms would fight me with no Roman support,” I answered.

“Still, one of the Roman soldiers could overhear us,” he said nervously, nodding toward the Roman sector.

“Not likely, all of them are dead,” I replied. I’m surprised neither of them got whiplash as fast as their heads spun towards the legion sector and then back my way. “All I need to know now is if you are willing to join me or if I have to fight the rest of you,” I said.

“Are you a demon?” the quiet one asked nervously.

“I am just a gods-fearing warrior like you,” I answered, then went on to explain why I was in Soissons.

“We were told that Clovis was a bloodthirsty savage who would rape and burn his way through our lands, killing everyone,” the first guard said cautiously.

“Think about who told you that,” I suggested. “Why would Clovis do that to people who voluntarily joined him? Clovis isn’t like that. He tried to negotiate a settlement by sending his sister to marry Syagrius. Syagrius sent troops to kill her before she got here. Which side sounds more bloodthirsty?” I asked. “Besides,” I added, “if Clovis did try something like that, he would find me looking to kill him, too.”

That cheered them up. The quiet one hurried to check my assertion about the legion soldiers being dead. He was back fifteen minutes later. “It’s true!” he panted breathlessly when he returned.

“How?” the first guard asked, and I explained about sending the wine. Both men started laughing so hard they had to hold each other up.

“It serves them right,” the quiet guard gasped.

When they finally stopped laughing, I asked them to awaken any men they were sure would support us. Any men whose loyalties they weren’t sure of should be left sleeping for now. “They will all want to follow you,” the first guard answered assuredly.

“Then wake them. Those who are sober enough to fight I will send out to the estates of Roman citizens to arrest them. I will take a couple of men to arrest Syagrius. Hopefully we can have the castle under our control by shortly after dawn.”

The two men rushed off. Ten minutes later men began straggling over to where I was. “Is it true?” every man asked. I assured the first few and asked them to check for themselves so they could assure the rest of the men. By the time they returned, the gathered troops numbered over two hundred, with more straggling in. The men who checked on the legion troops assured the others that the Roman troops were, indeed, all dead.

I learned that there were twenty-three Roman homes and seventeen Roman estates in and around the city that we had to raid. I started by sending ten troops to each home in the city. When the raids on the homes were finished, thirty troops would go to each estate. Their orders were simply to arrest the Romans and their families. They were not to harm or kill anyone unless they were armed and fought back. Some of their wives and possibly concubines would be non-Roman. Depending on the attitude of the wives, they would become either free widows or slaves. Soldiers were to remain at each house and estate to guard it and prevent looting. I would decide the disposition of the Romans and the estates later. Each group of troops took shackles for the men and rope for the women and older children.

One final group went to my new estate to let them know I was safe and what was happening. Finally, I took a group of ten men into the castle in search of Syagrius and his wife. The slaves eagerly guided us to them. Aside from a scream of fright from his wife and a quick but futile attempt by Syagrius to fight me, the capture of both went easily.

Early arrivals to the forum witnessed trussed-up Roman citizens being herded into the castle. They also witnessed three young women fly through town astride horses in a very unladylike manner, a sight I was sure the townspeople would gossip about for weeks. Then again, maybe not. They’d be talking about me, Syagrius, and then King Clovis. The girls nearly bowled me over when they rushed to see for themselves that I wasn’t sporting any extra holes in my body. They gawked as they looked around since it was the first time they’d ever been inside the castle.

“Are you going to be king?” Adele asked excitedly. I explained that I was a warrior, not a ruler, and King Clovis would become the king. The girls still thought I should be the king but reluctantly accepted that I didn’t want to do it.

I had soldiers spread word throughout town that I would begin deciding the fates of the Romans and their families beginning the next morning. I gave them the names of the two families I’d try before lunch and the two for after lunch so anyone who wanted to speak against them or on their behalf could attend.

Twenty men left for Tournai with a message for Clovis letting him know Syagrius was in custody and scheduled for execution the following day. They were also to tell him that all the legion troops were dead, and the auxilia troops were now loyal to him. I made sure to include the proper password.

I sent out six patrols of twenty cavalry to find the six remaining Roman patrols still out doing their job. Only three men in each missing patrol were legion troops so I expected no significant problems there.

One of the men from my estate who had escorted the girls into town this morning went back to the estate with a message for everyone. He was to tell them that I emancipated all slaves on my estate except convicted criminals and captured enemies. I hoped they would remain and work for me at a fair wage, but they were free to leave if they desired. If they chose to leave, I authorized Muriel to give each man, woman, and child five silver coins and a week’s worth of food.

After that, I made an appearance in the marketplace where I announced the emancipation of all slaves except Roman citizens, convicted criminals, and captured enemies. For any criminals convicted of merely offending a Roman, I would hear an appeal of their conviction. I also announced the public execution of Syagrius would be at midday the next day.

Back inside, I had Syagrius’ wife brought to me. She was terrified, yet tried to maintain a dignified air. I offered her three choices. She chose to remain as my slave rather than face execution or be left at the Burgundian border with a horse to ride, a pack horse, a month’s worth of food, and two gold coins. I promised to treat her well so long as she behaved. I also promised that she would wish she had chosen death were she ever to harm anyone.

I had surprise visitors late in the afternoon when Giselle and her mother bowed and approached nervously. “Sir, I wish to apologize for my behavior yesterday and for insulting you by refusing your gift,” Giselle apologized timidly.

“Giselle, I was neither offended nor insulted. I understood your reluctance considering the way the pig treated you. I knew you were wary of all men just then. Your friends suggested allowing you to join us and I was simply trying to treat you the same way I treated them so you wouldn’t feel slighted.

“I hope you and your mother will continue working for me. I know the girls consider you to be a good friend and they would be sad if you left,” I explained.

“Thank you, sir,” Giselle whispered emotionally as the tears started flowing. I hugged her and let my shirt wick away her tears. She blushed when she finally composed herself and stepped back. “Your shirt is wet now,” she apologized.

“It will dry,” I replied. Her mom was smiling with a look of relief on her face when they left.

The three girls took the opportunity I gave them to spend the night in the castle and all three wore blissful smiles at breakfast. They sat near me in the main hall while I heard testimony about the fates of the Romans and their families.

The first one surprised me. Even his former slaves reported that he treated them well. Hearing that, I offered him the chance to stay as a free citizen, but subject to King Clovis. There were happy tears and hugs from his wife and children when he accepted.

The second family was almost the exact opposite. All five family members were abusive of their slaves as well as any non-Romans they came across in town. The guards dragged the husband to the forum and shackled him securely. Then they handed whips and canes to his female slaves who had suffered the most abuse. Two guards remained with orders to dump his body in a grave once the former slaves were finished with him. I already had men digging a large grave for both the dead troops and anyone we executed. They locked up the wife, two daughters, and young son for me to deal with later.

The forum was packed for the execution of Syagrius. On the spur of the moment, I decided to do something new and unique for this time period. When I explained what I intended, over fifty people eagerly volunteered to help. I had Syagrius stripped and securely tied. He was standing, bent at the waist, his upper body face down across a wooden crate I’d borrowed. I took a sharp, narrow-bladed knife and tied a leather thong to the handle so it hung down about a foot.

One at a time, the volunteers were blindfolded, spun around four times to disorient them, and then aimed towards Syagrius. They were to use the knife to attach the “pig tail” to the “pig.” I’m not sure whether the participants or the audience liked the new game better, but they all laughed boisterously each time one of the volunteers managed to pin the tail on the pig and the pig squealed. The pig’s squealing ceased when Syagrius passed out after the twenty-third volunteer, but the fun continued since the pig was still breathing.

I rewarded each participant with a silver coin, a huge amount of money to the common citizens. The woman who managed to stick the blade of the knife where the sun don’t shine drew a roar of approval from the crowd and earned a second silver coin. He was barely breathing after all fifty volunteers earned their silver coin and his pulse was rapid and weak. I offered the woman who earned two coins the chance to finish him off. She grinned eagerly and deftly reached between his legs, grabbing, and then slicing off his cock and balls, drawing yet another roar of approval from the crowd. She was beaming as she held it up triumphantly while the crowd continued to roar their approval. After handing me back the knife, she bounced up on her toes and kissed my cheek, blushing at her own temerity and yet another roar of approval from the crowd. I gave her another silver coin, returning the kiss before she disappeared back into the crowd. He died within seconds, and I had him hauled off to the mass grave.

The two families I tried in the afternoon ended up with the wives, mistresses, and children remaining free citizens, and the husbands receiving death sentences that their former female slaves eagerly applied immediately. With the former wives and mistresses unsure about what to do now, I offered to let them stay at their old estate or at my estate where they would have to work, but I would see to their needs and those of their children. I promised that there would be no requirement of having sex with me and they were free to leave or re-marry if the opportunity arose. They left for their estates with a small cadre of guards. If they decided to move to my estate, the guards would help them gather their belongings and transport them safely to my estate.

Once again, the girls spent much of the night showing me how much they enjoyed staying in the castle. Personally, I would rather live in a cave. The castle was drafty as all get out and had to be a miserable place in the winter. Besides, I prefer normal-sized rooms to gigantic ones.

After the second day of hearings, I had a better idea of how long each hearing would take and doubled the number of hearings scheduled each day in hopes of finishing them in this lifetime. Of all the remaining hearings, six more Roman men were allowed to return to their estates; we executed the rest. I could always tell when an execution was going on outside by the cheering and general increase of noise coming from the forum. I only enslaved five of the remaining Roman wives, along with their children.

After breakfast on the day after the last hearings, we rode to my estate. I shouldn’t have been, but was still surprised at how many people were there. Thinking back, I realized that I had offered over a hundred people a place to stay, doubling what we started with. I guess I’d expected more of them to stay at their old estates. Muriel was looking much better and was busy conducting business from her face-down, prone position. She smiled brightly when she saw us. After receiving an emotional hug and kiss from Ines, she was all business and reported that, while crowded, everyone had settled in comfortably. Work was already under way to build more quarters. Philippe had all the extra help he needed now and had begun planting the slopes with trees and vines.

Muriel had arranged the purchase of extra food and had more brought in from some of the confiscated estates so that we had enough to feed everyone. Philippe used purchased and confiscated seed to expand our produce garden and plantings of grain to help provide for everyone. Muriel suggested that I look at the estates adjoining this one and see what I thought. She knew people from both estates and felt the one west of us would be excellent for growing wheat and other grains. The one east of us was better suited for livestock, allowing us to increase our herds of cattle, horses, goats, sheep, and swine. She just looked at me when I told her to go ahead and buy them.

“There is nobody to buy them from,” she reminded me while working diligently not to laugh at me.

“Oh, yeah,” I replied, mentally smacking myself in the head as she sent for someone from each estate. They arrived about the time everyone finally finished giving me their reports.

When I asked what happened to former slaves from the Roman estates, they explained that most former slaves were still working at the same estate since they didn’t have anywhere else to go. I smacked myself mentally again. Half an hour later I’d added both neighboring estates as well as the next one on the far side of both those estates, giving me five connecting estates. The wives from the adjoining estates each volunteered to oversee the estate for me like Muriel did here, so I told them what I had planned for each estate--after Muriel told me. The wives were back at their estates by early afternoon to begin implementing the changes. I also sent word to the other estates around town that the former slaves were welcome to stay where they were to continue supporting themselves and would split any profit their estate made.

Then I visited my estate’s blacksmiths. By supper, I’d drawn out and explained about a four-pronged, steel-bladed, horse-drawn wooden moldboard plow that would make furrows. They were stunned by the plans. To inspire them, I promised that, once they finished twenty plows, I would show them how to make steel that was much stronger than what they made now and (stainless) steel that didn’t rust.

The next day I showed the bowyers my composite bow and explained how I made it. After I demonstrated it, they couldn’t wait to start and sent their helpers off to find green birch wood of the right length and thickness. I would have preferred hickory, but in this time, hickory was strictly a western hemisphere wood. I hoped the four hickory nuts I found in my bags would eventually help alleviate that problem.

Then I outlined a frame to hold the bow while the wood cured, leaving it to the bowyers to drill holes and install pegs to hold the bows in the correct shape while the wood dried. I couldn’t wait for my hand tools to get here from Tournai. My brace and bit, as well as the saw would be very handy for making the frames. After speaking with the estate’s potters and showing them what they needed for making crucibles to make crucible steel like wootz steel, I spent time wandering around town talking to people, finding out what industries were available in town.

One thing I was definitely interested in was anyone familiar with making glass. The closest thing I found was a merchant who heard there was a glassmaker in Compiegne, some twenty-five miles away. Rather than a half-hour drive like it would have been in modern times, it was a one-day ride. I sent a squad of men to talk to him hoping they could convince him to come and work for me, but they had strict orders to leave him alone if he chose not to. I didn’t want them forcing him to come.

I offered a guaranteed wage which he would probably surpass, lots of work, a new workshop, a new, large set of ovens for melting, working, and annealing the glass, and as many apprentices as he needed to keep up with demand. I also told the troops to let him know that I had dabbled in glassblowing. I claimed nothing more than rudimentary skills, but I knew more about formulas for making different types of glass than anyone else currently alive. I just couldn’t do much with the glass other than make an ugly lump with it once it was ready in the crucible.

My final stop was the leatherworker’s shop in town. I asked what he would need to make a thousand saddles. At first, he thought I was kidding but I assured him I was not. Then he began making excuses, so I told him to forget it; I would find people from other villages who wanted the work. I asked the men leaving for Compiegne to inquire specifically about any skilled workers willing to relocate. I could use carpenters, blacksmiths, masons, bowyers, leatherworkers (especially for saddles and harnesses), potters, alchemists, tutors, shipwrights (for small, freshwater craft for now), brick makers, rope makers, cartwrights, fletchers, sawyers, wheelwrights, and probably several other crafts I forgot to mention.

When the men finally rode off, they were still laughing at my list that seemed to expand every time I turned away from them and remembered something else. They promised to do a thorough sweep of the towns in the vicinity. They were surprised when I suggested traveling to Picardy and Beauvais as well. I gave them fifty gold coins and two hundred silver coins, both for supplies, and to help convince potential workers that I was serious. They ended up taking fifty troops with them, expecting to send a handful back to protect each group of people agreeing to join us.

One of the soldiers from town rode out to the estate to see me early the next morning before I had started on any more projects. Scouts reported that two hundred and fifty of Clovis’s troops had camped half a day away and should arrive by noon. The girls and I hurried into town to meet them, and I was surprised when the leather worker approached me. He apologized for his previous behavior, explaining that he’d been upset at the time. His daughter was the wife of one of the Roman men we arrested and executed, and he hadn’t heard from her since.

She’d come by yesterday after I’d been there to tell him she was fine, explaining that I had treated both her and her children well. Their property was guarded and untouched when they went home to get their belongings, and she had accepted my offer to live at my estate. Yesterday was the first chance she really had to let her parents know she was okay. I accepted his apology and let him know I would speak with him again after I met with Clovis’s troops and possibly even Clovis himself.

Clovis’s troops arrived right before lunch. As they rode into town, the citizens greeted them warmly. I recognized the officer as the captain of Clovis’s palace guard. “Your plan seems to have worked beyond your expectations,” he chuckled as we greeted each other.

“The people were tired of the Romans treating them like animals. Once I eliminated the Roman soldiers the rest were eager to finish throwing off the Roman yoke,” I explained. I also noticed that the men I sent to Clovis as messengers were now riding amongst Clovis’s troops and wearing his uniform.

We’d barely finished our greeting when the bevy of beauties I left in Tournai almost bowled me over. “Told you,” Audoflede said smugly to Gotberga once they’d all kissed me, motioning to the three nervous girls standing behind me. Before I could even perform introductions, Audoflede’s entourage gathered the three girls up and hurried inside to get to know them.

“I think I would rather face you alone in combat than face her when she’s upset,” the Captain chuckled as we watched Audoflede and her group disappear inside, chattering loudly with occasional laughter interspersed. Evidently, Clovis had originally refused, or tried to, her request to go with the first troops headed here. We dispatched messengers to Clovis who was a day behind and should arrive tomorrow. At that news, I sent word to the castle staff to begin preparations in the castle for the King and his entourage of twenty additional people, as well as five hundred more troops.

Needless to say, I was late getting out of bed the next morning and looked like shit when I did. The women, however, all looked radiant.

I told Audoflede about the women and children I was keeping imprisoned until I had the time to deal with them. I had to make sure they were properly introduced to their new position and understood the severity of the penalties should they cause trouble. To tell the truth, I still had to think up the penalties and needed to talk with some of their former slaves to find out how they had been forced into their lives as slaves.

By the end of the day, however, Audoflede had all of them integrated into the staff at the estate. She never did tell me what she said to them, but they all behaved. Every time Audoflede was around, they became even more attentive.

For a second night, the women put me through my paces. I managed to please the three of the original seven women I didn’t have the energy to tend to last night. The final woman in our bed surprised me. Flavia, the mouthy wife of the first Roman I had executed came to me demurely. “How may I please my Master?” she asked in a sultry voice. Even before I could think of something, her head dipped and I felt her soft, warm lips encircle the cock that had just fucked Joelle, one of the women I rescued along with Audoflede, cleaning any evidence of our coupling and surprisingly, reinvigorating me again. Even though she was a slave and supposed to be pleasuring me, I went down on her and ate her to a massive orgasm, learning later that it was her first ever provided by a man.

Her large breasts swayed pendulously as I fucked into her. They were big enough that she would be a great wet nurse and she looked young enough to be able to have more children. For the first time in my short and limited sex life, I found myself hoping my sperm found a target. The excitement from thinking about that brought me to climax much sooner than I would have guessed, and I noticed that Flavia didn’t leave immediately afterward. I woke in the morning to find her back spooned against my front, my left hand cupping the tip of her left breast. Audoflede teased me later that I had just converted her with a single fuck, and she was sure to tell the rest of the new slave women what they could look forward to.

The morning was long and boring. I had so many things I wanted to do but couldn’t really do anything while we waited for Clovis. Once we rode into town and then to the castle, I started making lists and plans for the estate, and then prioritizing them.

The town was abuzz all morning anticipating the arrival of their new King. Clovis didn’t disappoint when he arrived, riding smartly at the head of the column of cavalry, his banners flying proudly, snapping in the stiff breeze as the first twelve riders behind him carried them. Briefed by Audoflede on the proper etiquette for meeting a visiting King, I waited in the courtyard along with every available groom and many other citizens whom I conscripted to help take the horses and care for them. Once Clovis dismounted I genuflected, then took the proffered hand as I rose. “Welcome My Lord,” I greeted him as I rose.

“Greetings David Whitehorse, Duke of Soissons,” he replied. He grinned and pulled me closer when I paled, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. “I know how you feel,” he chuckled as he led me inside my new (to me) castle.

“I am afraid I have no training as a noble, nor do I have the temperament to deal with the daily tedium of necessary minute details,” I warned.

“I’m sure your first wife will be happy to do as much of it as you are willing to allow. I know she was not looking forward to Syagrius excluding her from helping to rule. She tells me you have asked her opinion often, as well as those of each of the other women you rescued, and have allowed them to perform their tasks without constantly reminding them what they should do or how they should do it. My sister will thrive in that kind of relationship,” he admitted.

Servants led us immediately into the dining room for lunch. “My men tell me the people here practically worship you for single-handedly freeing them from the Romans,” he commented.

“That will change the first time I do something they don’t like,” I replied which caused him to roar with laughter.

After lunch, we secluded ourselves in the library. “What are you willing to tell me about yourself, Duke Whitehorse?” he asked nonchalantly, too nonchalantly, as he leafed through a manuscript he had casually pulled from one of the bookcases.

“What would you like to know?” I asked, wondering if the women had gone against my orders and opened some of the books I’d left in their care. They wouldn’t be able to read any of them, but the maps alone would be damning.

“You’re obviously not from around here. Your skin is dark like a Moor, and you are barely able to converse in any of the languages of the area. You risk your life to save two young women you didn’t know, and then return them unharmed when you found out who they were, asking for no reward, not even the customary ransom.

“In mere days you singlehandedly destroy the Roman presence in Soissons and capture the crown, yet give it to me as if it were of no value to you. I am not questioning your integrity or loyalty. I just wonder how you came to be such a fearsome warrior yet such a caring man, and I am curious about your seeming aversion to power.

“My sister admitted that she practically forced herself on you to keep me from marrying her to another potential ally. All the other women say that you never touched them unless they asked you to and then you were extremely gentle with them. I know of no man who has successfully kept two women happy, yet you had seven and now more. I know of no other man who can fight his way, unscathed, through eleven men armed with swords and leave those men dead. Now I find both qualities in the same man and find it quite the conundrum. This is the same man who has seemingly placed a spell upon the people of this city who see him as their Lord and Protector,” he said watching me, looking for any hint I might give him.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.