A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 5 - Michelle - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 5 - Michelle

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 81: Victimized

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 81: Victimized - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 4. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first four books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards, and 'Author of the Year' in 2017.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

May 26, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“You did the right thing,” I said when she finished the story. “You had no choice. You had to defend yourself.”

“Yes, but I stabbed him in the eye!”

“I know. Maybe you need to talk to someone else about that besides me. Do you want me to call your priest for you?”

“Doctor Bethany called him. He’ll come by after lunch. That’s what I asked her to arrange.”

“You told the police everything?” I asked.

“Yes. Just how I told you. And they took pictures. It was so embarrassing!”

“Jess said you had some bruises, but no internal injuries.”

She nodded and let go of my hand. She pushed the blanket down. She reached up and pulled the snaps on her gown. I tried to stop her but she persisted. I was happy she stopped before she showed anything I shouldn’t see. There were some bad bruises on her shoulders and arms, clearly the result of punches, and marks on her arms from where she was grabbed.

“He just kept hitting me because I fought back and wouldn’t let him.”

“He’s lucky there are police guards; that’s all I have to say.”

“I have some on my stomach and legs. I want to show you.”

“I don’t think I need to see them,” I protested.

She pulled the gown away and I saw ugly marks on her small breasts where she’d obviously been roughly pawed. She had bruises on her sides, and, as I’d been told, on the insides of her thighs. I seriously wanted to go two rooms over and kill the guy, but there were two police officers between us, not to mention that I’d end up in prison for the rest of my life. I helped Michelle refasten the gown and cover up.

“It’s OK, Steve. You’ve seen me before. And you know it’s not about sex. But I wanted you to see what he did to me.”

“How long do you want me to stay?”

“As long as they let you. I know you need to go home to your family at some point. And you need to eat!”

“I’ll stay as long as you need me to,” I said.

Bethany came back in and said she’d talked to the dean and that Michelle had an extension on all of her work and exams for as long as she needed. She asked Michelle to talk privately, and despite Michelle’s protests, Bethany insisted, so I left. I was standing just outside the door to Michelle’s room when Jessica came out of a trauma room.

“How is she?”

“A weird mix of emotions,” I said.

“Bethany says that’s normal, especially when the attacker is badly injured in the attack.”

“I think that’s a job for her priest, not me. I can’t give her absolution.”

“She truly believes, so I agree,” Jessica said. “It has to be a priest. I think Bethany said he’ll bring her communion, too.”

“Probably,” I replied. “She’s going to have a tough time finishing this quarter.”

“I suspect her chemistry lab grade will be fine no matter what,” Jessica said with a smile.

“No kidding. I assume her parents were called?”

“She didn’t want that. I think that’s what Bethany is trying to resolve right now. It’s why she sent you out; Michelle seems to have latched on to you for support.”

“She showed me her bruises,” I said. “All of them.”

“Rape victims do strange things, Tiger. But you know that from your experience with Bethany and Jennifer. And Michelle also knows you don’t view her as a sex object.”

“Michelle also knows I thought she was smoking hot when I saw her that day at the Rap Session.”

“And she thought you were, too! But you two don’t have that kind of relationship.”

“That doesn’t make it easier when a pretty girl spreads her legs to show you bruises and exposes EVERYTHING to you.”

Jessica laughed, “And she did that for the safest person in this entire hospital, bar none. Do you realize just how intimate her request to clean her face was? In a way, more intimate than being naked.”

“I know,” I said. “She’s a very, very special girl and we’re going to help her get through this.”

“Just let Bethany take the lead,” Jessica counseled.

“That’s why I’m standing here talking to you. Michelle wanted me to stay but Bethany insisted I step out. Did you get the wet read of the x-rays?”

Jessica smirked, “You know, Doctor Barton might have been right about you making a good med student!”

“But not a doctor?”

“Gynecology?” Jessica teased. “You’d be perfect!”

“Ha! Ha! So?”

“Her nose is broken, but there’s no displacement. She has deep bruises of her cheeks, but nothing broken. There’s nothing to do for her nose except protect it and let it heal.”

“And the rapist asshole?” I asked.

“He lost the eye. They surgically removed it a few minutes ago, using a procedure called enucleation. He’ll be in the hospital jail ward until he’s well enough to send wherever it is they lock up violent felons pending trial.”

“I need to call Melanie and see if there’s a way to oppose bail when it gets to that point. That bastard should not be walking the streets ever again!”

“How long will he get for attempted rape?”

“I have no idea, but this is one of those cases where they can get him for battery, attempted rape, and probably other stuff. He’ll probably have at least twenty years to contemplate just what an asshole he is. And they should see if there are other women who will come forward. I’m sure that’s part of what Bethany talked to the dean at UofC about.”

Bethany came out of the treatment room and walked over to where Jessica and I were standing.

“She’s asking for you. You know the drill, Steve. Violence, not sex. She’s not at fault in any way.”

“Sadly, I’ve been here before.”

“What did you say about Nick’s death? That you helping me the first time in High School was a dry run for the REAL help I was going to need? Well, you helping me and Jennifer was your dry run for a girl who is really going to need you.”

“I’ll do my best, Sweetheart.”

“She refused my advice to call her parents. You might try to get her to call them. She also doesn’t want to go back to her dorm room.”

“I can totally understand that. Will they move her?”

“Absolutely. Her room is a crime scene right now. When the police finish, the university will move her roommate, and see what Michelle wants to do.”

“You don’t know?”

Bethany smiled, “Move into your house; one of the guest rooms. At least until the semester is over. She wants to finish on time so she can go home and do her camp counseling. I think she’s in shock and that she’s not going to be able to do her summer job, but right now she’s insisting she will.”

“What do you think, Babe?”

“I think we should listen to Bethany’s advice on this,” Jessica said firmly.

Bethany was silent for a moment, then spoke.

“I think she’s probably too traumatized to go back to the dorms, and with only a few weeks left, I don’t know if there’s a good solution if she’s really going to try to finish the quarter. I’ll talk to her priest when he gets here, but I’ll give qualified approval for her to move in, but we have to be very careful with her. My real preference is that she goes home, gets some counseling, and then finishes her coursework at the end of the summer. Try to convince her of that, Steve, if you can.”

“I’ll try,” I said. “She’s a pretty stubborn girl.”

“Well, you’re a pretty stubborn guy!” Bethany said with a smile.

“It takes one to know one, Sweetheart!” I grinned.

“I’d say all three of us are!” Jessica laughed. “Go see her, and if it comes to it, yes, it’s OK for her to move in. I’ll call Kara and clear it with her.”

“Thanks, Babe.”

I kissed Jessica on the lips, kissed Bethany on the cheek, and went back into Michelle’s room. I stayed until her priest arrived around 1:00pm. He was portly and in his mid-40s, and was dressed in typical Roman clerical garb - black slacks, black shirt, and stiff white collar. He was carrying what I remembered to be a portable communion kit.

“Father, this is Steve Adams, my friend. Steve, this is Father McGraw.”

I extended my hand and shook with him. We exchanged greetings and he looked me over, clearly sizing me up.

“Would you leave us alone, please?” he asked.

I looked to Michelle who nodded.

“I’ll go get something to eat. I’ll be back in a few minutes and be right outside. If you need me for ANYTHING, press the call button and have the nurse page me.”

“She’ll be fine,” Father McGraw said.

“Even so, if you need me, Michelle, have me paged,” I said staring the priest directly in the eyes.

Michelle smiled at me and I left the treatment room. I went to Bethany’s office to see if she wanted to eat with me.

“Buy you lunch, Sweetheart?” I asked.

“Sure. Jess is in a trauma. An ugly one, apparently.”

We went to the cafeteria and I bought lunch for both of us. We sat in a quiet corner so we could talk.

“Michelle told me what she did,” Bethany said.

“You mean showing me the bruises?”

“Yes.”

“What was that about?” I asked. “I was confused, but I let her do it.”

“That was part of her dealing with the attempted rape, or at least I think it was. It was about her being non-sexual; about not being a target for rape.”

“But rape is about violence,” I protested.

“YOU know that, but she doesn’t. She thinks rape is about sex. I’m afraid her priest is only going to reinforce that by telling her that she put herself in a bad position, or because she continued to talk to you, or both.”

“More likely it’s going to be about me,” I sighed. “Perhaps you should speak to the priest.”

“It’s very difficult to convince someone who thinks rape is about sex that it’s about violence, especially if they’re older. You understood it immediately when we were younger. I’ll work with Michelle, but I’m worried about her priest.”

“Tread lightly. While I don’t like him disparaging me, Michelle really respects him and likes him. And you know how faithful she is.”

“I know,” Bethany said. “This may be difficult if she hears different things from him than she does from me. You may need to be involved. After what happened with you earlier, I think you’re the one she’s going to trust to help her through this.”

“I’ll do what I can. With your help. Let’s eat so we can get back.”

We quickly ate our lunches and went back downstairs to the ER. Jessica was still in her trauma, but Al Barton was in the ER.

“Steve, what are you doing here?”

“A good friend of mine was attacked. She’s in the treatment room.”

“The young woman?”

“Yes. Jess and Bethany called me at her request. I think her priest is still in with her. And I think Jess is in a trauma.”

“She is. I was just in there. A nasty poisoning case. We think it’s an insecticide, but the little boy can’t tell us and the police and fire can’t find the container.”

“So what do you do?”

“Test to see if we can figure out what it is, and fight the effects. Jessica and Doctor Lewis are in there with senior people from cardiology and medicine.”

“Mr. Adams?” a male voice behind me said.

I turned to see a detective standing behind me.

“Yes?”

“Do you have a few minutes to talk to me?”

“About?”

“Miss York.”

“Certainly. Al, can we use the Chief Resident’s office?”

“Yes, of course.”

I led the detective to the office and shut the door behind us.

“How may I help you?” I asked.

“What do you know about the relationship between Miss York and Mr. Colombo?”

“I didn’t even know his name until you told me just now. All I know is that she met him at church, he lives in the same dorm, and they had coffee a couple of weeks ago and lunch last week.”

“Are they a couple?”

“A couple? No way! Other than the two times they went out, I don’t believe she’s seen him except when she’s gone to church. I’m positive they were not in a relationship.”

“Have you ever known Miss York to be violent?”

“Violent? What?! Michelle? No way! Hang on! What are you implying?”

He ignored my question and continued.

“Did Miss York visit your house on multiple occasions?”

I did NOT like the drift of this conversation one bit, and this was a MALE detective, not one of the two females I’d seen that morning.

“Detective, what are you investigating?”

“The incident between Mr. Colombo and Miss York. Would you answer the question, please? Did Miss York visit your house on multiple occasions?”

“Am I free to go?” I asked.

“You aren’t a suspect, and you aren’t under arrest.”

“That didn’t answer my question. Am I free to go?”

“You are, but I thought you would want to help your friend.”

I smiled wryly, “I don’t think you’re asking your questions to help my friend. I’d like to consult my attorney.”

“Mr. Adams, you are not a suspect. I’m just trying to gather information.”

“I understand. I decline to speak further to you.”

He reached into his pocket and handed me a card.

“After you talk to your attorney, call this number. Ask for me.”

I left the Chief Resident’s Office and walked towards Bethany. She was standing with her arms crossed, faced off against another detective.

“No, I’m a licensed psychologist and she’s my patient. I decline to speak to you based on patient confidentiality. If you don’t like that answer, take it up with the hospital attorney. Now, good day.”

She turned and walked away and I followed her to her office.

“What the fuck?” I asked when we shut the door.

“It would seem Michelle’s attacker is claiming they were engaged in rough sex, which he claims they do quite often, and she suddenly went crazy and stabbed him.”

“Bullshit, Bethany!” I said, louder than I probably should have.

“Shh!” Bethany reprimanded me. “Of course it’s bullshit, but because of the seriousness of his injury, the police are looking at both sides. What did they ask you?”

“If Michelle and this guy, whose last name is Colombo, were a couple.”

“Freddy. Freddy Colombo.”

“Yes, and if she had a history of violence. That’s when I got suspicious. Then he asked about her coming to our house and I told him I was going to call my attorney. He said I wasn’t a suspect, and that he was just doing a thorough investigation, but the fact that two different sets of detectives are working what appears to be an open-and-shut case tells me they actually think he might be telling the truth.”

“Are you going to call Melanie?”

“Yes. Not just for me, but for Michelle. She shouldn’t talk to the police at this point. Period. In fact, you should go see her and make sure these detectives don’t talk to her. Do whatever you need. Use Jessica or Al, and tell her she should wait until Melanie gets here.”

“OK. Dial ‘9’ for an outside line.”

She left and I called Melanie’s office. As was usual for the morning, she was in court on a motion. I asked for Sam Kassan and he was out as well. I left a message for Melanie to call me through the ER clerk’s desk because I wasn’t allowed to have my cellular phone turned on in the ER. I went back to the ER to find Bethany having an animated conversation with Father McGraw. I saw Jessica and walked over to where she was standing by the clerk’s desk.

“Hey Babe, how is your poisoning victim?”

She shook her head, “They didn’t find the bottle in time so we were flying completely blind. He didn’t make it. A five-year-old boy.”

“You OK?” I asked, putting my arm around her.

“Yes. I’m fine. One of the nurses said that some detectives were questioning you.”

“Michelle’s attacker claims they were having rough sex and she freaked out and stabbed him. He claims they’re a couple.”

“Bullshit!” Jessica said, HER voice rising.

“Then it’s unanimous,” I said. “That’s what Bethany and I both said. I refused to answer any questions once I figured out what they were asking, and called Melanie, both for me, and more importantly, for Michelle.”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.