A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 5 - Michelle - Cover

A Well-Lived Life 2 - Book 5 - Michelle

Copyright © 2015-2023 Penguintopia Productions

Chapter 62: Siobhán Callaghan

Coming of Age Sex Story: Chapter 62: Siobhán Callaghan - This is the continuation of the story told in "A Well-Lived Life 2", Book 4. If you haven't read the entire 10 book "A Well-Lived Life" and the first four books of "A Well-Lived Life 2" you'll have some difficulty following the story. This is a dialog driven story. The author was voted 'Author of the Year' and 'Best New Author' in the 2015 Clitorides Awards, and 'Author of the Year' in 2017.

Caution: This Coming of Age Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Ma/ft   Fa/Fa   Workplace   Polygamy/Polyamory   First   Slow  

March 4, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“Thanks for calling back,” I said when Keri put Dante’s call through to my phone.

“Is there a problem with the project?” he asked.

“From a technical standpoint, everything is fine. I’ll be blunt, because that’s how we deal with each other. I need you to stop hitting on my female staff members. And I need you to stop right now.”

“Who complained?”

“Does it matter? It’s not the first time. I’ve heard it from more than one of my female staff members over the years.”

I also knew he hit on his own female staff, and if reports from my team were to be believed, was successful in his endeavors. I wasn’t in a position to criticize what he did with his own staff. I’d slept with several of mine! But none of them were complaining. I had legitimate complaints about HIM from my team.

“It’s all in good fun,” he protested.

“I’m sure you see it that way. They don’t. I need you to stop. Immediately.”

“Jesus, Steve! You can’t tell me you don’t flirt with all those hot women who work for you!”

“This isn’t about flirting, Dante. This is about the complaints. If someone on my staff complained about me or one of the other guys hitting on them, I’d put a stop to it just as quickly. It can’t happen.”

“Fuck!” he swore.

“Look, just dial it back, please. I have two of my best programmers working on your project, and both are female. I’d hate to have things fall apart because you can’t control yourself.”

“Fine. It won’t happen again,” he said, sounding like the teenager saying what he wanted his parents to hear.

“Good. I’ll take you at your word that this is the end of it.”

“Yeah,” he said, and hung up.

Dante wasn’t ever much on saying ‘goodbye’ and usually hung up after some indication that the conversation was over, so that wasn’t too much of a surprise, but it still concerned me. I called Sam into the office and shut the door.

“I just talked to Dante,” I said. “Penny was sitting here and heard me. I was direct and told him in no uncertain terms he had to cut it out.”

“Thanks,” Sam said. “I appreciate it.”

“You’re welcome. If anything happens, let me know. Both of you.”

“I don’t think he likes pregnant women,” Penny said. “Not the way you do!”

“Penelope!” I said, but I was laughing.

“I think that’s my cue to leave!” Sam laughed. “You two have the WEIRDEST relationship I’ve ever seen!”

“That’s because Penelope here felt she was a good match for me, but she was sixteen when I got married.”

“Call me Penelope once more. I dare you. I double dare you!”

“Shush, Penelope! You two need to get back to work!”

I ducked the notepad she threw at me and laughed as it hit the wall of the office. Sam laughed and left the office. Penny glared at me and then turned back to her workstation. I made it up to her with a kiss on the cheek. She tried mightily, but couldn’t contain the smile.

That afternoon I gave the interview to Computerworld. I laughed when they asked if we could go to a diner for the photo shoot. I led them to the diner where Crystal worked, though she wasn’t working that day. They shot a number of photos, and said they’d most likely use one of me sitting on a stool facing out, with my suit coat slung over my shoulder.

March 5, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“I think this is the last session we’ll need for this,” Siobhán said on Thursday as I was dressing.

I walked around to look at the canvas and was just as amazed as I had been each day as the painting took shape. There was some detail left to do for the background, including a few spots where the canvas showed through, but the portrait of me, in my kicking stance, was nothing short of superb.

“You really are self-taught?”

“I am. I think most trained people would sketch in pencil, but I never did that. Well, I’d sketch on my sketch pad then go home and paint, but I always used a thin brush and light gray paint to get started. That’s why I think it would be tough for me to teach someone. I mean, I read in books how that was done, but it never worked for me.”

“I taught myself to program, so I sort of know what you’re talking about. But I went to IIT to formalize my education. Is there something like that you could do? Go to art school?”

She laughed, “If I had the money I’d think about it. I could probably get into the School of the Art Institute if I could manage the tuition. But honestly, what then? It’s not going to change my life, except maybe being able to teach art class, and I’m not really into that.”

“I wasn’t trying to imply anything. I know ZERO about art. Well, I know what I like and don’t like, but beyond that, I’m clueless about art and music.”

“You don’t play any instruments?”

“No. I tried to learn to play the guitar when I was in fifth grade. I didn’t enjoy it. I played chess, then learned computers, and never really gave much thought to music other than listening to it. And the two pieces I bought from you are the first pieces of art I’ve ever bought. You’ve been in the house. Some framed posters, some cheap prints from a department store, and some photos of the family. That’s it.”

“So why buy the paintings?”

“The first one? Because you were very helpful when you didn’t need to be.”

“And the second?”

“Because I wanted to help you.”

“And that’s why you hired me to do the borders?”

I chuckled, “No, that was the doing of ‘Miss Pink’! She wanted the walls pink, along with everything else and we all felt that was just too much. Jessica suggested we talk to you because you’d mentioned you did borders, and THAT much pink paint we could tolerate!”

Siobhán laughed, “She’s a real card, that little girl of yours!”

“Just like her mom,” I said. “My other kids act pretty much the same way. We think it’s good to raise them to be independent and think and act freely.”

“Your son and his new friend are inseparable!”

“Do you know the story?” I asked.

“Just that the little boy’s dad died a few years ago.”

“He was a naval officer who died in the service. Jesse decided to ensure he had a friend. They’ve been buddies since that happened.”

“That’s sweet!” Siobhán said.

“It is. When will you finish this?” I asked, nodding to the painting.

“Sometime next week, probably. I have another portrait to do for Emmy.”

“Another nude?” I asked.

“Her husband LOVES them! This will be the fourth and final one that he commissioned. All different poses.”

“And where does one display nudes of one’s own wife?”

“I never asked! Going to pose for me?”

“You REALLY do want to see me au naturel!” I chuckled. “And the quid pro quo?”

“I told you, you agree and we’ll see what happens!”

“And what happens with this nude?” I asked.

“It goes in my private collection. I’ll obfuscate the face enough that nobody will know it’s you.”

“And can I see this private collection?” I asked.

“Only if you pose!” she said with a smirk. “Come have lunch tomorrow and you can tell me your decision!”

March 6, 1992, Chicago, Illinois

“Are you sure that’s a wise decision?” Jessica asked. “I’m not saying don’t do it, I’m just making sure you’ve thought it through.”

“It is a wise decision if WE get to see it!” Kara giggled. “Maybe I’ll pose for one!”

“She did promise to obfuscate my face enough so that it’s not obvious it’s me. Unlike a certain videotape!”

“I wish you hadn’t burned that tape before I got to see it,” Bethany complained. “The things I missed!”

“You were a married woman, and your husband would NOT have understood,” I said.

“Very true. Nick, like all of our naval officer friends, was very conservative. I did hear that Abbie proposed a script for a movie!”

I laughed, “Oh, she did. And there is just no way I could do that. Can you imagine if something like THAT got out!”

“That might be a bit much for your clients!” Bethany smirked. “It’s one thing to have lots of kids and a harem; it’s a very different thing to make a porn movie!”

“Harem?” Jessica asked with mock outrage. “Excuse me?!”

“What word would YOU use?” Bethany laughed.

“Maybe I’ll get I Dream of Jeanie outfits for everyone!” Kara giggled. “Jess and I have those Indian saris we wore for our wedding that we wear on occasion in the house, but we could get costumes for Jess, me, you, Elyse, and Abbie!”

“But I’m not sleeping with him!” Bethany protested.

“No, you’re not fucking him!” Kara teased. “He did sleep with you last night.”

“And I’m grateful for that,” Bethany said. “I don’t want to take him away from you.”

“You just seemed as if you needed it.”

“It’s been a totally crazy week, and that bit of comforting was very much appreciated.”

We arrived at the hospital and exchanged hugs and kisses.

“Tiger, I’m absolutely OK with the painting, so long as you’ve thought it through.”

“I have,” I said. “Have a good day!”

We exchanged another hug and kiss, then Kara and I turned for home.

“Did you decide what to do about Crystal?” Kara asked.

“Hell if I know,” I said. “I was right about the inflection point and the point of no return. There’s simply no way to put the djinni back in the bottle with regard to sex. At least she articulated it instead of hiding it. I will note that what she didn’t do was ask me to do it. She just told me she wanted to.”

“And she knows the full story? About you, the rules, and how you handle dalliances?”

“She does. I’m just not sure she could sign up for that. Or that she should. It certainly gives me pause for all the reasons I articulated to her beforehand.”

“Isn’t that up to her?”

“Is it? If I think doing something is going to hurt someone else, can I do it in good conscience?”

“Your discussion with Michelle.”

“Yes. Exactly. And the one with Cèlia about sub-optimal choices. But this one is different, because I could just walk away if needs be.”

“True,” Kara said. “Back to Siobhán. In all seriousness would you have a problem with me posing for her?”

“That’s up to you, Honey. If it’s something you want to do, do it!”

“Would you display it? If it was tasteful?”

“That’s a different question. I suppose in our bedroom, or perhaps in my study. But what happens when a certain daughter of ours who has her mother’s exhibitionist tendencies decides SHE wants a nude portrait and wants to display it in the great room?”

Kara laughed, “She would, wouldn’t she?”

“Yes! It’s something to think about. And you know how much I hate the whole ‘when you get to be an adult’ argument. But we did use that with Matthew and his desire to have a tattoo and get his ear pierced.”

“I wanted to ask you about that. Would you tell Birgit she couldn’t get HER ears pierced?”

“Are you accusing me of sexism?” I chuckled.

“If the shoe fits...” Kara smirked. “It’s not as if it’s permanent the way a tattoo would be.”

“I may have to revisit that with Elyse.”

“I think we should have a talk with all the moms, including Bethany. If we don’t have a consistent front, we’re going to get overwhelmed by the ‘terrorists’, as Bethany called them!”

“You do know the difference between toddlers and terrorists, right?” I grinned.

“You can negotiate with terrorists!” Kara giggled. “But with those two, I’m not so sure!!”

I chuckled, “Jesse has finally settled down. He was just so hyped to have Nicholas here. Wait until those two have their first spat.”

“Hah! About the time you and Birgit have YOUR first spat!”

“You make a good point about the unified front. Let’s talk at dinner on Sunday. Everyone will be there, including my sister and Ed.”

“You want to include them?”

“Don’t you think their eventual kids will spend most of their time at the house? Amber is there most of the time, so I should probably let Penny know, though I can’t imagine she’d object to anything the rest of us agreed on.”

“Is Gina still coming for dinner tonight?” Kara asked.

“If I have to bodily drag her! She wants to go out, but I think she needs a nice, quiet dinner with us, and some time with adults who aren’t drinking or doing doctor stuff.”

“You can do ‘doctor stuff’ with me!” Kara giggled. “We could get Jessica’s medical bag and play doctor!”

“She’d kill us!” I chuckled.

“Ooh,” she cooed sexily, “you could take my temperature! Orally, vaginally, and anally and tell me which is hotter! I know you have the right kind of thermometer!”

“You’re fighting dirty! I need to go run with Gina, then get to work!”

Kara giggled, “There’s always tonight!”

We arrived home, and I quickly changed and headed for the Y. I reminded Gina that she was joining us for dinner and that if she failed to show up, I’d hunt her down and drag her to the house. She complained, but said she’d be there. She was finally building up a bit of endurance and we could run a bit further. The next big step was changing her diet. That was going to be tougher.

Later that morning at work I called in Ally, and then Cèlia, to see how their first week had been. They both said they felt everything was going well. I called K at the company she was contracted to and had the same conversation and got a positive response. Finally, I called John in Pittsburgh to check on him as well.

Dave still hadn’t found a programmer, but Charlie was close to bringing her finalist candidates to Chicago for interviews for the Los Angeles and Pittsburgh consulting roles. Kajri would start on Monday, which would help, but we were still a programmer short. I suggested to Dave that we wait until the end of the semester at this point, and he agreed that was probably the best course. I’d be talking to Doctor Driesson’s class on Monday, and I could scope out the candidates then.

We talked about where to interview, and decided we’d only do IIT because we had only a single position and we’d hired so many others from different sources that we weren’t stuck in a rut, as it were. That would certainly make Doctor Bauer happy, and consistent with my view on maintaining friendships and relationships, I figured it was worth it in this case.

At lunchtime I went to Siobhán’s studio. She smirked when I walked in, but just waved because she had a customer she was talking to. While I waited, something came to me which I hadn’t thought of, but which made a tremendous amount of sense. When Siobhán finished with the customer and they left with their purchase, I walked over to the counter.

“I sell art supplies, too. I make a bit of money that way. And every little bit helps!”

“What would you say if I put you in touch with a friend who owns a company that does remodeling and might be able to throw some work your way? Or a couple of architects who do design work that might include painting?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.