The Great War! - Cover

The Great War!

Copyright© 2017 by Dark Dragen

Part 6: Harry Potter - Part 4.

Author’s Note: Please know that I’m looking for an editor to help me out with this story, I’m looking for someone who can not only work on spelling and grammar, but also sentence structure, layout, dialogue and help with things that I might have missed or not might have thought of.

I was hoping that the last chapter would have been the last chapter for Harry, but when I wrote this, with Harry still around so to speak, I just wrote him in without meaning to. With luck, this chapter will be the last we see Harry for a long while.

(Pre-War Saga - Part 6!)

Harry Potter - Part 4.

Unknown time and place:

Harry wasn’t sure how long he was out for, days, weeks or longer, or where he was. All he knew at the moment was that he was in a white room, it was like a motel room, just a double bed, a cupboard, and a bathroom in another room. Harry wasn’t sure what was going on, the last thing he remembered was talking to his uncle, and the next moment he blacked out and woke up here. His memories of the last few minutes talking to his uncle were foggy, and he wasn’t sure what happened. He found himself wearing a white medical outfit.

Deciding to put it to one side, Harry decided to look around, to see if there was anyway out, at the moment, he couldn’t see any windows. And when he went to the bathroom, there was no windows either, by the looks of things, there was only one way out, the door. Harry didn’t check the door at first as he suspected it would be lock, seeing he was here against his will, and he was right it was locked. There was no door handle on this side of the door either, or a keyhole, the only thing he could see was a small hatch in the door, where he suspected his food and drink would be delivered. Like that was going to happen, as he wasn’t going to let it get that far.

The only reason he hadn’t use magic was because he thought he was being watched, but now that he couldn’t find a way out, he didn’t care about breaking the law. But the problem was when he tried to Apparate, he couldn’t. Not because there was wards around the place, as he couldn’t sense any, but because he couldn’t feel his magic. For the first time there, he realized that he couldn’t feel his magic at all, which was strange. And when he tried to do some wandless magic to break the door, he wasn’t able to do so.

He didn’t know what was going on or where he was, but for one thing he knew for sure, he was totally fucked. He couldn’t use his magic, and there didn’t seem to be anyway out of this room he was in. All he could do was pace back and forth, and try and think of what happened for him to get wherever here was, and try to make a plan of escape.

With no sunlight or magic to let him know what time it was, Harry didn’t know how long he was in the room for now he was awake. It didn’t help that he didn’t need much sleep, because of the war, he only needed a few hours of sleep every now and then, that he could be awake for days on end before needing to sleep again. And in direr cases he could be awake for two weeks before he need a good night sleep, as long as he could meditate for a few minutes to recharge. Every so often, food and drink would be given to him.

When the hatch opened for the food to be put through, he could sense his magic for a few seconds returning to him. Harry realized that whatever is keeping him from doing magic, was connected with the room being fully sealed, and should the hatch open the connection would break until it is closed again. But the problem is that he didn’t know when the hatch would be open again, and when it was open again, it was only for a few seconds, just long enough to slide the tray of food and drink in. Not enough time to do anything.

As Harry waited, his memories of the moments leading to losing consciousness slowly came back, it would seem that his own uncle betrayed him. He knew that they never got along, but Harry never thought that his uncle would betray him like this. With this, those close to him in the Wizarding World, and the rest of the Wizarding World betraying him, Harry was in a foul mood and wanted to hurt somebody.

So Harry waited, until at some point a man in full doctor’s outfit, he had black hair and round glasses, with a scar across his cheek. Behind him were two men with full armour gear with Assault Rifles. Harry could feel his magic coming back to him fully, but before he could do anything the doctor said with a knowing smirk, “I wouldn’t bother using your magic Mr. Potter, as should you escape this room I have six people outside ordered to shoot you. And don’t bother about Apparating out of here, as you won’t be able to go anyway, and would be dead if you try to escape.”

“Who the fuck are you and what do you want from me? And how long have I been here for, wherever the fuck this place is?” Harry asked darkly, not liking this one bit. Whoever these people were, they weren’t magical, but at the same time they knew about magic and were able to block his magic without magic.

“First off you don’t need to know my name,” the doctor told Harry, “but you can call me Green. So you know, most of us that you’ll see will go by colours, you’ll never know our true names. And you won’t even know who these people behind me are, they would sooner shoot you than talk to you, so don’t bother. Now as for how long you have been here, about two weeks.”

“And what do you want from me and where am I?” a pissed off Harry asked.

“Where you are is no concern to you,” said Green, “less you know the less likely you can escape. And as for what we want from you, that is easy, we want to learn more about your kind as we can about your kind.”

“You seem to know enough to block our magic, and about me.” Harry observed, abit shocked how easy he was getting this info from them. He was suspecting them to be more closed off, but they seem to be more open than he thought they would be. “Although I have no idea why.”

“You’re right we do know something about you and how to block you using your magic,” Green explained openly, “but that doesn’t mean we know everything. Your kind is a natural threat to the world, and there’s some of us who want to find a way to deal with such a threat and destroy it should we have to.”

Harry would like to say no, that the Muggle World was more of a threat than the Wizarding World, but he was trained by Battle Mages and fought against them, so he couldn’t say that. And whilst the British Wizarding World were weak and lazy, he wasn’t sure about the rest of the world’s population of wizards, witches and mages, they could be more of a threat. He has heard that the American Wizarding World was stronger and smarter than those in Britain.

Before Harry could say anything, Green said, “Now you have two options, you can help us willingly and you’ll have a great life, wanting for nothing and treated well for the rest of your life and the tests will be as painless as possible. Or for the rest of your life, it’ll be a living hell for you, and the test we’ll be doing will be painful.”

“So do I take it that you have no intention of ever letting me go?” Harry asked thoughtfully, forming a plan that was not only foolish, but deadly, so he hoped, seeing that he had no intention of being these people’s guinea pig, or helping them.

“And risk you telling the rest of the world about us, I don’t think so.” Green told Harry, “So it would best to help us and have a decent life, then fight against us.”

This was all he needed to hear, and gritting his teeth, he decided that he didn’t want to be used by these people to hurt the innocent. He didn’t care about England, it could burn to ashes as far as Harry cared, but the rest of the world, he couldn’t take his anger for one country out on the rest of the world. And after everything that he went though, he only wanted to go to his loved ones, which were all dead - or as he thought they were.

And as Green told him, six people with guns were out there standing guard outside of his room. And as he hoped they shot him down, and he hoped that unlike all the times with magic, he would die. As in the last few years, whilst the spells that hit him hurt like hell, no spell killed him when they should, not even the Killing Curse. So Harry hoped that a unmagical way would allow him something he wanted since Hermione disappeared, death...

And when the six guards shot at him, he felt them hitting vital organs, and he thought that as he felt darkness coming over him that he finally got what he wanted at last, he would finally die. But as darkness took him, the last thing he heard was the one thing he didn’t want to hear, Green saying, “Looks like the theory of Mr. Potter being partly immortal was right.”

The reason for Doctor Green saying this was because as soon as he entered the hallway, he saw the bullets that were in Harry, slowing coming out of him and bullet holes slowly healing as if the young man wasn’t shot at all. Seeing this, Green ordered two orderlies to take Harry back to his room, whilst he did some reports.

o0OoO0o

Little did Harry know, but he was in a secret facility under a small town known as Jericho, in the mountainous area of Kansas, USA. Jericho was created shortly after World War 2 by the Enclave, so they could have a facility underneath, as who would think of a secret facility in a friendly small town in Kansas? The reason that the Enclave created Jericho where they did, was because there was only two ways into the area, the back roads and a bridge across a river. The area had rolling hills, trees, and a salt mine, and northwest corner of the town was flat farmland for the farmers, and some farmland across the river.

The town population had grown from the original one thousand people, to three thousand people in the last fifty-three years since it was founded. Only a handful of people knew about the facility under the town, and covered it up, so the rest of the town don’t find out.

This secret facility was one of the Enclaves research/testing sites, one where they were researching ways to defend against those with magic. At the moment all they could do was make walls that would not only stop those who can Apparate from doing so, but also stop them from doing magic as long as the room is fully sealed. They also able to create bands that would block wizards and witches from doing magic unless they wanted them to do so.

It wasn’t much, but it was a start. But they knew that they needed something more, something that could fight the Wizarding World on an equal footing. One way was to create their own Magic User, a project called the L’Cie. The L’Cie Project was to create Magic User’s that have their own kind of magic, not the magic that the Wizarding World have, and don’t have to rely on wands and other forces.

Not only that but the idea of the L’Cie Project, was that they wouldn’t have spells, but have one single power they have to master and become powerful in. For example, someone in the L’Cie Project could have body enhancement powers, and depending on if they train or not, could be either weak or as strong as they wanted. The Enclave didn’t want them all the same, they wanted to create a new race of Magic Users with different skills, so that when they arrive on a new planet, these people can be useful in creating a new home on the planet much faster than those without powers.

The project had been going slowly, although they had years to research magic, they only learnt how to block their magical skills. They learnt as much as they could, about their elemental abilities, able to change their looks and being able to change into animals. But so far they couldn’t mimic magic and alter it so that they could give it to others. But that was until they got Harry Potter.

As it would seem that Harry was one of main keys in creating the new super race. As from everything they heard and seen, he was all but immortal, as nothing seemed to be able to kill him, next to cutting his head off, something they weren’t planning to test any time soon. They didn’t know if he would die of old age or not, only time will tell about this.

But until then, with his ability of not being able to die, they all believed that he could be the key to their plans. They had hoped that he would be willing to help them, but they knew that there was a chance he wouldn’t, and so seeing this, they would be testing on him against his free will. For the Greater Good of the human race, they had no option but to do this.

The Enclave knew that in the future people might look back on them as monsters, but as long as the human race lived on, even in outer space, they were fine with that. To them, doing the right thing for their race, meant doing monstrous actions, and hurting the world so that you can fix it. They weren’t looking for forgiveness as long as their race lived on, something they feared might not happen if certain things didn’t change.

Whilst this facility and a few others were mainly working on the L’Cie Project, there were others working on other projects to make the world a better place. But for most of their plans they need a huge resource of Helium 3, which is incredibly rare on Earth. The only place they could get the huge amount that they need was on the moon, but how to set up a mining site on the moon, was one of the things that one of the other facilities was working on. One of the plans was to create a moonbase, so that they could mine it and send it back to Earth to be used, if they could do so, who knows what they could do with it.

The Enclave didn’t know what the future held for them, but whatever it was, they were going to do whatever it took to insure the human race survives it. Even if it meant they had to kill the bad parts of it themselves, so that the good parts can live on.

o0OoO0o

31st of July 2050:

It has been nearly fifty years since Harry Potter disappeared from the world, and those who knew about him have forgotten about him and those who still remember him was cursing his name. As when they went to get the money from his Vaults within Gringotts, they found that the Potter’s and the Black’s Vaults were all but empty, and denied them the huge amount of money that they could have used.

They never knew that Harry was being experimented all all this time: the Jericho Research Site learnt that at age twenty-five, Potter stopped aging and so proved that he was in fact immortal. If he could die if he had his head cut off, or his body was damaged beyond fixing was something they didn’t know, nor wanted to find out just yet. But with all the painful experiments, they found out that he could heal faster then any normal person and given time regrow most parts of his body.

So during the years, they tried to copy Harry’s DNA to become immortal themselves, but for some reason they were unable to do so. For some reason, the gene for his immortality couldn’t be found and so couldn’t be copied as of yet. Whilst they didn’t gain immortality, thanks to Harry’s and a few others DNA, they were able to create a new serum, which they believed should create a new race of humans.

But the problem was when it came to testing, when they tried to give it to some people, their bodies was rejecting the new DNA to give them powers. But a few suggested that they should give the serum to women in the early stages of pregnancy, saying it was a new type of vaccine to protect the unborn child, but instead it would be the new DNA to give the child powers.

They hoped that by doing this, the serum would work into the baby and it would adjust so the child could mold with the serum, and hopefully gain a new power. They don’t know what the power was, as they couldn’t work out how to do that, just that they could give someone powers.

And it would seem that the plan worked, as in the year 2020, the Jericho Research Site heard about a child growing. And after some research and tests on the baby, on the behalf of the parents, they found out that it was thanks to the L’Cie Project - although they didn’t tell the parents this of course. They just told them that he seemed to have a gene that allowed him to have supernatural powers, and they would keep an eye on him to make sure that he was fine.

And so over the following years, to the Enclaves delight and sometimes distress, more and more of these children were being born, and not just in the USA, but all around the world. Keeping track of them was near impossible with the number of them coming about. It would seem that those that got the serum and didn’t have children with supernatural powers, had children years later with supernatural powers. It would seem that DNA was still playing a key part to their plans, as some kids had a gene that gave them supernatural powers whilst others didn’t.

Not that it mattered to the Enclave, as it was all part of their plan. By the time that their plan was ready to execute, they would only be picking the best of the best, and those who can help them to rebuild on a new planet.

Now that they needed more energy and other things, the Enclave invested in a new company that came out in the last fifty years, Poseidon Energy. They have a few Oil Rigs to get their own oil, and they are one of the few Gas Stations that were competing with the Gas Station called Red Rocket in the East.

And because the main and public research centre Big MT needed better security, they also invested in an already known construction company known as M&M Construction. Which Big MT would help over time, in return M&M Construction would help with building better security for the research centre.

Then there was company called General Atomics International, that the Enclave was keeping an eye on. The reason for this was because they were working on robots mainly for the household known as Miss Nanny and Mister Handy. They were floating chrome plated robots in the shape of a sphere, it also had three retractable eyes and three retractable arms with prongs at the end to match, and were powered by powerful jet-powered engine.

Then there was West Tec, a new defence contractor research facility, they were initially divided into two sections, ‘Advanced Weapons’ and ‘Biomedical Sciences Research.’ Whilst no real interest to them, as they had Big MT, the Enclave decided to keep an eye on them. As there was another research centre in the US, L.O.B. Enterprises, who researched and developed weapons for the country and sometimes worked with Big MT.

But the problem was there were rumours that L.O.B. had ties with China. Whilst nothing has happened yet, they were keeping an eye on them just in case they decided to help China. Even nearly fifty years since it was founded, the Enclave was watching West Tec. So far they seemed to be loyal to the USA.

In 2025, the Enclave founded a company known as Orbital Elements, which their public belief was that the future was in the stars, and they were going to help with that. So they started to do research that would help build on planets. The Enclave knew this was risky, but for their future plans and that people were researching alternate power source, they needed Helium 3 and a lot of it. And seeing it was rare on Earth, the only place to get it was the moon and so needed a base/factory on the moon to mine it, so needed someone to do it, which was where Orbital Elements came in.

The company would be build the things needed to live on the moon, so that people could mine for Helium 3. Sure they could use Mister Handy’s, which they would in most part, but the Enclave wanted a fail-safe for their people to live should things go to hell before they were ready and a nuclear war started. But they didn’t tell the public this of course, just that it was a hope for a better future where one day people could live.

In the year 2038, Orbital Elements sent a small team of twenty people to the moon, to see if it was possible to live on the moon long term. To help them, twenty Mister Handy’s were sent with them to help with things that they couldn’t for one reason or another.

The first thing that they did was to create a dome in one of the small craters, where they lived and held their things. And over the years, using magic and alien tech, they used the biggest crater on the far side of the moon, the Aitken basin, to create the main base. They began with creating hydroponic farms in the nearby craters, these outside firms were for the air they would need, and they would be maintained by Mister Handy’s. They also used elements within the moon to create air too.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.