The Great War! - Cover

The Great War!

Copyright© 2017 by Dark Dragen

Part 5: Harry Potter - Part 3.

Authors Note - Please know that I’m looking for an editor to help me out with this story, I’m looking for someone who can not only work on spelling and grammar, but also sentence structure, layout, dialogue and help with things that I might have missed or not might have thought of. Please, I hope you can help me out here...

(Pre-War Saga - Part 5!)

Harry Potter - Part 3.

31st of July 1998 - The Dursley’s Household:

As Harry sat in his old room, he sighed as he thought about the last three years, when he first left Hogwarts for good, Hermione was upset with him. As she thought that Harry should finish school before doing anything foolish, as NEWTs were important. But Harry argued that whilst Hogwarts was good for normal students, he wasn’t a normal student, he was a student with a Dark Lord after his head and so needed to learn things that Hogwarts doesn’t have to offer, and something the Headmaster wasn’t going to offer him any time soon.

The Boy-Who-Lived went on to explain that with NEWTs, he could take them after the war if he wanted to, as there was no time limit of when he could take them. He pointed out that whilst it doesn’t happen often, there has been times when students took time off studying after getting their OWLs before deciding to do their NEWTs. They would travel the world to learn more, or have fun, and return and do their NEWTs, or take a few years for themselves.

Harry also warned his girlfriend that he wasn’t only leaving Hogwarts to train, but also to take the fight to Voldemort and his Death Eaters, as the Order seemed to take the wait and see apace. As they often get warnings about attacks, but Dumbledore cared more about his pet Death Eater then saving lives. Not only that but he wouldn’t kill when he knew they were at war, and so to save lives, you need to take the lives of the enemy.

Harry remembered the talk he had with Hermione about this, as much as she hated her boyfriend leaving Hogwarts to fight and kill Voldemort and his men, she also knew it was something he had to do. Voldemort had taken so much from him, and he just couldn’t stand around and do nothing any longer. However, she wasn’t going to let him go alone. Harry sighed as he thought back about the fight that they had, he tried to keep Hermione at Hogwarts, but he learnt that at the end of the day, women normally win their arguments against their boyfriends.

Harry tried one last card to keep his girlfriend safe, for to be able to come with him, Hermione had to talk to her parents and tell them everything that was going on. But that plan didn’t go as he hoped, Harry didn’t know what was said, as Hermione talked to her parents alone, but in the end the Granger’s sorrowfully agreed for Hermione to go with Harry and train and help with the Wizarding World war. All they asked is that they keep in connect with them when possible.

Hermione asked her parents to move away from England, as she feared that in time they would be targeted with because she was their daughter, or because they were Muggles. As much as the Grangers hated, they could see their daughter’s reasoning and agreed to move from the country. In doing this, Harry thought he should warn the Dursleys about this, and like Hermione provide them with special Portkeys to help them should they need it.

Which he did, but he didn’t know if they were used it, but he knew that the Dursleys moved some time after his warning, and letting them know he wouldn’t be back. But he knew that at some point after they left, their home was set on fire, a magical fire. Because of this, Harry rebuilt their home. Harry did all this not because he liked or cared for them, in fact they can go to hell for all he cared, but because they were family and he was a better person than they were. Not only that, but it was something he thought his parents would do the same if they were in his place or at least his mother would.

Either way, over the next few years Harry and Hermione trained and fought against the Death Eaters until Harry was able to face Voldemort for once and for all. During these time, they also searched and destroyed the rest of Voldemort’s Horcruxes, and over time they found them, the last four was Marvolo Gaunt’s Ring, Ravenclaw’s Diadem, Nagini, Voldemort’s pet snake, and surprisingly Harry himself.

The Ring was hidden under powerful wards at Gaunt’s old family home, and should anyone tried to wear it, there was a deadly curse that would wither the person’s hand, before slowly killing them painfully. It was strange, the metal of the ring was the Horcrux, not the stone. It looked a normal onyx gem, but Harry felt a pull to it, as it meant to be his. Harry didn’t know why, but it felt the same as his invisible cloak.

The Ravenclaw’s Diadem was found at Hogwarts, Harry didn’t know how the goblins found that out, but he was glad that they did. As it was hidden in a secret room, that can be found if you knew where it was, and it changes to what the person wants it to be - it was meant to be called the Come and Go Room. So for them to find it, it was surprising, but something he was grateful for.

Nagini was always beside her Master, so killing it was the last thing Harry did before killing Voldemort.

As for Harry himself, it was about a year out of Hogwarts that he remembered something that the Headmaster told him once during his second year. The old man explained that the reason that he was able to speak to snakes was because on the night that he tried and failed to kill him as a baby, Voldemort accidentally left part of himself in him (Harry.) Now he knew about the Horcruxes, and that Nagini was one, he feared that he might be one himself.

So going to the few people he could trust, he went to the Goblins to see if he was right, and sadly he was right, his scar was one. However, instead of destroying the normal way like the rest of them, the Goblins done a ritual that not only got rid of the link that kept the Dark Lord alive, but allowed its magic to mix with Harry’s magic so not only would he still be able to speak to snakes, but he would be more powerful. It wasn’t that much of a power boost seeing it wasn’t done properly, the Goblins be it was an accidental one.

This was something Harry and Hermione thought was the power he knows not, that the prophecy spoke about and not love as Dumbledore thought it was. As who in the right mind would create one in the person you want to kill. But horrified them as they realized something, Dumbledore knew about the Horcruxes and Harry was one and the Headmaster wanted him dead. There was was only two ways to destroy a Horcrux, destroying it host/container or using a ritual to remove it from the host and then destroying it.

As they thought about it, Harry and Hermione realized why their old Headmaster didn’t want to train Harry, to make him weak and easier for the Dark Lord to kill. This was the only reason they can think of as to why Dumbledore was so resistant to train Harry. This broke any believe that Dumbledore was a kind and wise man that Hermione had for the man, what kind of person was willing to sacrifice a child’s life that.

Both of them knew that sacrifice needed in a war, but only if they used all other options first or if there was no options in the first place. But it would seem that their old Headmaster didn’t try and find any options other than Harry needed to die, and not bother to try and find a way to save him.

Harry and Hermione knew that Dumbledore was strongly against killing of others, but they had hoped that once the war was in the open, he would change his mind - but he didn’t. Over the years, both of the teens tried to capture the Death Eaters if they could, but if they were forced to, they would kill them. Harry could remember Hermione’s first kill, she cried and threw up all night.

As for Dumbledore, the first time that they meet him after leaving Hogwarts was about a year later, and they were in a life or death where they were forced to kill the Death Eaters instead of capturing them. During the battle Dumbledore tried to interfere with the fight. After the battle, Dumbledore told them how disappointed he was with them for killing the poor fools who didn’t know any better, and that they shouldn’t lower themselves to the Death Eaters. He wanted to capture them so that they could be redeem themselves.

Harry had to disagree with him and they argued about their difference in views, and Dumbledore tried to bring Harry and Hermione back in by force. Which forced Harry to act and disarm the old man before he knew what was going on, Dumbledore was foolish enough to think he was able to outsmart a battle ready teen. After the battle, Harry hadn’t had the time to relax, and so when his former Headmaster was about to attack, he reacted and disarmed the old man.

The strange thing was that when Harry caught the Headmaster’s wand, it felt the same as the strange stone that he got and his invisible cloak. Now he had no intention of giving the Headmaster’s wand back to right away, instead send it back later with a few others that they got from the Order. But now though he was going to keep the wand for himself, as strange as it sounds, the wand felt right to him, as if he had the wrong wand all these years and just finding his true wand now. Not only that, but it felt as if the wand didn’t want to be returned to its original Master, that he was the new Master of it. It was something that Harry was going to research once the war was over, to find out why he felt like this

Dumbledore and some of the Order Members who lost their wands were more than tricked that Harry and Hermione wouldn’t give their wands back, but as Harry pointed out, it would be foolish to give weapons back to his enemy. As that’s what they were to him at the moment, the enemy. They along with the Headmaster was trying to force him back to Hogwarts, and back to Privet Drive, something he didn’t want.

They trying to argue that he was killing people, something that they shouldn’t be doing. Here Harry called them fools, as they were at war, and whilst he tried to capture the Death Eaters, but sometimes they are forced to kill them to stay alive. In a life or death battle, where they were outnumbered and there was no way to escape, they would kill to stay alive.

Harry smiled as he remembered how Mad Eye Moody defended them, pointing his wand at those who wanted to hurt him and Hermione. Moody praised the two for their actions, as he would do the same thing too, and agreed with Harry’s views. What people didn’t know was that because Harry shared the same views as Moody, the old Auror would send them information about possible attacks that the Order might not stop and so ask them to look into. From that day, Moody would send them info about the Order should they try and stop Harry and Hermione, and take revenge for humiliating them by taking their wands from them.

In fact, a piece of information that Moody give them, was that Sirius cousin Nymphadora Tonks had disappeared. And so far there was no evidence to say that the Dark Lord or any of his Death Eaters were involved in her disappearance, it was like she just disappeared from the face of the Earth. Even when Harry hitting on known safe houses, he couldn’t find her or find any clues where to find her. In fact, all the Death Eaters had no idea where she was, as neither them nor the Dark Lord had her.

Either way, with word that the Order and Dumbledore was after them, Harry and Hermione were careful about their plans so that they wouldn’t be caught unaware. Harry even had the Goblin Clan that he now owned to move to America and build a Vault not connected to Gringotts, where he sent half of his money from his Vault in Gringotts to the one in America - where he would send on the interest coming from his main Vault to America.

The reason for this was simple, he suspected that once this is all over, he might have to leave the country. Harry feared that he might be arrested for what he was doing, because people didn’t like that he was killing to save lives. And depending how thing play out, he might have to escape or leave the country. And the reason that he was taking the money out of Gringotts, is that he feared that the Ministry would try and take control of his Vault, and take his money from him. This wasn’t something he wanted, and so he and Hermione made this plan just in case the worse happens, if it didn’t he would put his money back into Gringotts. But as they say, hope for the best, but plan for the worse.

Now over the years fighting the Death Eaters, he found that because of his actions, Voldemort brought in outside help from other countries to fight him. Be it people or magical creatures that Britain never seen before, to rebuild the army that Harry was destroying. One of these groups were Dark Battle Mages, who used weapons other than wands, like swords and maces. So Harry had to use his sword training to battle them, during this time he learnt dual sword fighting, where using one to attack and one to defend.

There were two missions where he killed where he was happy and unhappy about, the mission he was about killing was when he killed Umbridge. Harry found she became a supporter of the Dark Lord, who was helping to round up half-breeds and muggle, where Voldemort either killed them or turned them into slaves. So he was more than happy to kill the bitch, not only because of what she was doing, but because of what she put him through during his fifth year.

The mission where he had killed and he was sad about was the death of his former friend Ron Weasley, Harry didn’t know the full story, but sometime during his seventh year at Hogwarts, Ron joined forces with Voldemort. From what he could gather, Ron’s jealousy got too much for him, people were getting what he wanted and he had enough of it. So instead of working for it himself, when the Dark Lord offered Ron a place to his side, agreeing to give Ron whatever he wanted, Ron jump up it.

Harry was upset he had to kill his old friend, but the problem was that Ron wouldn’t back down in the fight. And thinking that he could get more favour with the Dark Lord, attempted to kill Harry and nothing other than death itself would stop Ron. And so Harry was forced to put him down hard.

It was something that whilst upset the Weasley, all apart for two of them, could understand. They knew that Harry would have tried to bring Ron in alive, but the fool was relentless in killing Harry and forcing the Boy-Who-Lived to kill him. It was his mother and sister who couldn’t forgive Harry for killing Ron, thinking that Harry and Hermione could have done more to bring in Ron alive.

As the war raged on, after getting Dumbledore’s wand, he found that he gained more power somehow, and that his injuries were healing faster than normal. And at one point, when he lost a few fingers in his fights, they regrew overnight. This is another reason why he was going to research the wand and the other items, as it made no sense why he had more power and had this healing ability now. Although he wasn’t complaining, as it was useful during the war time.

Over the last year of the war was the worse for Harry, as Hermione disappeared one night as they were hunting a pack of werewolves connected to Voldemort. But during Hermione’s portal of the area of the pack, she just disappeared, and never to be seen again. Here Harry went on a rampage, he attacked the pack of werewolves to see if they had her, and when he found out that they didn’t he just killed them. This happened for the next few months, attacking all known Death Eaters and their supporters to find Hermione, most of the time Harry would just kill them and go onto the next target, the lucky ones were those who escaped Harry before he could anything.

It all ended when about two months ago, when Voldemort attacked Hogwarts and Harry finally killed the man who destroyed his life all those years ago. But before Harry could leave the castle, he was arrested for killing the Pureblood citizens. Many of the old Purebloods wanted Harry to be pushed through the Veil of Death, or at the very least be sent to Azkaban.

But with Harry defeating Voldemort and his Death Eaters, they knew that the public would go into a riot. So instead Wizengamot exiled Harry from Britain Magical World, and took all his money, to pay the family members that Harry killed. But what they didn’t know was that Harry already thought of this, and the moment that he was arrested, the money that was left in his Vault was sent to the Vault he created - so that they couldn’t get hold of it.

This was a few days ago, but when Harry got a letter from his uncle saying he wanted to see him, curiosity got the better of Harry, and so here he was now, in his old room waiting for his uncle to arrive. Just as Harry finished thinking about his past, he heard someone downstairs. Looking downstairs, found his uncle.

Upon seeing his nephew, Vernon sneered, “What are you doing up there boy?”

“Just having one last look round before I leave this place and England forever,” Harry explained with a sigh, seeing that his uncle hadn’t changed at all, “so what do you want from me Vernon?” The two of them moved into the living room.

“As much as I hate your and your kind, I want to thank you.” Vernon explained to the person he hated most, hating that he was thanking him. But his pride wouldn’t have it any other way, but there was another reason for wanting the freak here today, “I know we’ll never get along, and I’ll always hate you and your freakish world, but my pride couldn’t let me be if I didn’t thank you for what you have done for this family.”

“I didn’t do much,” Harry told his uncle, “I did what I thought my parents would have done if they were in my place.”

“Maybe, and I might not be a nice man, but when someone saves myself and my family and rebuild my home when it was destroyed, and asks nothing from it, that alone my pride has to thank you.” Vernon admitted to this nephew, “Now how about a drink before you leave, seeing that we most likely not seeing each other again after today?”

“Sure why not.” Harry said with a smile, the man was being polite in his own way, so it would be bad form not to be polite back. Than as his uncle went to his drink cabinet, Harry asked, “So uncle, why send would now, why not sooner?”

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.